Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,420 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:18 AM

How To Use Your Phone GPS - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Use Your Phone GPS (2394 Views)

4 Situations You Should Never Use Your Phone / 6 Reasons Not To Use Your Phone In Bed At Night / Why You Shouldn't Use Your Phone In A Toilet Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Use Your Phone GPS by Kizyte(m): 4:51pm On Aug 02, 2015
GPS is an abbreviation for Global Positioning System.

Be assured you won't get lost when you use your GPS because it will not only show you paths to travel but also tell where you are, distance between your current position and your destination and many more.

Unfortunately about 85 to 90% of smart phone users in Nigeria do not use their phone's GPS even when they've not been to a place before and needed direction. They'll rather take the stress of stop-and-ask, thereby causing inconveniences to themselves and others and also wasting more precious time in getting people to give them directions at every point in time.

A man came to my office and was referred to a certain place in Abuja with a written address, yet he still asked for oral description even when he was in possession of two smart phones. I simply told him to use his phone GPS but he had no idea how to use the GPS.

Below are simple steps to get your smart phone to take you to any destination of your choice with the help of the GPS:

1 - Turn on your Internet data (don't be afraid, doesn't consume data)

2 - Turn on the 'Location Services' (GPS) on your phone.

3 - Open 'Google Map' App

4 - Type the name of your 'Destination' and search (e.g Bloomsbury Plaza Abuja)

5 - Tap on the 'Car Logo'

6 - Tap on 'Start Navigation'

You'll be alerted when you get to your destination!

99% Accurate!

You can ask your questions if you have any.

2 Likes

Re: How To Use Your Phone GPS by jamex93(m): 5:39pm On Aug 02, 2015
nice info

1 Like

Re: How To Use Your Phone GPS by DharmyYinks: 5:54pm On Aug 02, 2015
Dis should make FrontPage
cc: dragnet,honsule,puskin

2 Likes

Re: How To Use Your Phone GPS by DEGREE2466(m): 5:57pm On Aug 02, 2015
Kizyte:

Be assured you won't get lost when you use you GPS because it will not only show you paths to travel but also tell where you are, distance between your current position and your destination and many more.

Unfortunate about 85 to 90% of smart phone users in Nigeria do not use their phone's GPS even when they've not been to a place before and needed direction. They'll rather take the stress of stop-and-ask, thereby causing inconveniences to themselves and others and also wasting more precious time in getting people to give them directions at every point in time.

A man came to my office and was referred to a certain place in Abuja with a written address, yet he still asked for oral description even when he was in possession of two smart phones. I simply told him to use his phone GPS but unfortunately, he had no idea about GPS.

Below are simple steps to get your smart phone to take you to any destination of your choice with the help of the GPS:

99% Accurate!

Ok
Re: How To Use Your Phone GPS by orisayomisamuel(m): 6:06pm On Aug 02, 2015
Are u sure this doesn't consume data?
Re: How To Use Your Phone GPS by Nobody: 6:30pm On Aug 02, 2015
Kizyte:

Be assured you won't get lost when you use you GPS because it will not only show you paths to travel but also tell where you are, distance between your current position and your destination and many more.

Unfortunate about 85 to 90% of smart phone users in Nigeria do not use their phone's GPS even when they've not been to a place before and needed direction. They'll rather take the stress of stop-and-ask, thereby causing inconveniences to themselves and others and also wasting more precious time in getting people to give them directions at every point in time.

A man came to my office and was referred to a certain place in Abuja with a written address, yet he still asked for oral description even when he was in possession of two smart phones. I simply told him to use his phone GPS but unfortunately, he had no idea about GPS.

99% Accurate!

nice to one and user of Google map should also download street view from playstore for better direction and street view, it will bring out houses the way it is and the roads too

1 Like

Re: How To Use Your Phone GPS by Yhemit(m): 7:12pm On Aug 02, 2015
With all our yeye network here in nigeria....a pity bro,can't work well here.
Re: How To Use Your Phone GPS by SporaD8: 8:09pm On Aug 02, 2015
GPS or map direction?
Re: How To Use Your Phone GPS by Phrankin(m): 8:18pm On Aug 02, 2015
When it hits front page I will comment
Re: How To Use Your Phone GPS by Oyetboy(m): 8:48pm On Aug 02, 2015
that's what I used the first time I visited unilag.... very precise and accurate

1 Like

Re: How To Use Your Phone GPS by bacco2000(m): 9:33pm On Aug 02, 2015
I don't blame the man cos gps will not tell him where to board bus and cab, it will only give directions. So asking is not that bad.

1 Like

Re: How To Use Your Phone GPS by seunfly: 10:44am On Aug 03, 2015
I'm also amazed at numbers of time people stop me to ask for direction here in Abuja, some times I just open my Google map and show them the direction.

What I noticed is that many Nigerians just carry phones to belong or to show because they don't really know the functions of what they are carrying.
Re: How To Use Your Phone GPS by Kizyte(m): 11:56am On Aug 03, 2015
Yhemit:
It doesn't require a strong network. It only requires little piece of data to load your destination, the GPS is there to do the navigation including voice option.

It works pretty well!
Re: How To Use Your Phone GPS by Kizyte(m): 11:58am On Aug 03, 2015
SporaD8:
GPS or map direction?
It uses Google Map for navigation.
Re: How To Use Your Phone GPS by Kizyte(m): 5:29pm On Aug 05, 2015
jamex93:
nice info
Thanks
Re: How To Use Your Phone GPS by Kizyte(m): 8:46am On Aug 31, 2015
seunfly:
I'm also amazed at numbers of time people stop me to ask for direction here in Abuja, some times I just open my Google map and show them the direction.

What I noticed is that many Nigerians just carry phones to belong or to show because they don't really know the functions of what they are carrying.
You're right bro!
Re: How To Use Your Phone GPS by youngberry001(m): 10:01am On Aug 31, 2015
Yhemit:
maybe u re using Nokia 2700c be dat""it works perfectly here in Fct bro wink wink
Re: How To Use Your Phone GPS by kazzonline: 12:19am On Sep 01, 2015
Nobit doesnt consune data at all,and am surprised as well people dont knpw about this awesome feature,
I hav been using this since by blackberry os 7 days,google maps never fails,even i can view the image of my current address,like it shows me the real picture of my home,like an aerial view but the real picture.
Its a cool function
Re: How To Use Your Phone GPS by yek: 5:44am On Sep 01, 2015
I feel SYGIC is a better navigation app. . . It works offline. . .
Re: How To Use Your Phone GPS by Sprintx24(m): 6:14am On Sep 01, 2015
Thanks man! Nice piece of information.
Re: How To Use Your Phone GPS by Abbycite(m): 7:29am On Sep 01, 2015
How does it show d longitude and latitude of my location.......
Re: How To Use Your Phone GPS by Kizyte(m): 5:12pm On Jun 05, 2016
Don't hesitate to ask any question
Re: How To Use Your Phone GPS by aytom(m): 12:20am On Jun 06, 2016
Google map is not accurate in my area. You GPS will alert you here when you are about 14km from your destination. I once called the attention of Google map "people" through an email. They denied it. So don't ever try to use GPS in the Southern part of Ondo, you will miss your way.
Re: How To Use Your Phone GPS by AwesomeRomeo: 12:33am On Jun 06, 2016
What if I am in a rural area, will it work
Re: How To Use Your Phone GPS by Kizyte(m): 3:18pm On Nov 27, 2016
Sprintx24:
Thanks man! Nice piece of information.
Thanks!
Re: How To Use Your Phone GPS by Kizyte(m): 3:20pm On Nov 27, 2016
Abbycite:
How does it show d longitude and latitude of my location.......
Use your mobile compass!

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Leads In The Latest Internet Users Report (see Where Your State Is Ranked) / #glo4glte Can Save You From That Frustrating Slow Internet Speed. / New System Upgrade Released For Tecno Spark 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.