Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,062 members, 7,956,968 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 12:39 AM

Read This Hilarious Open Letter To Sen Dino Melaye - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Read This Hilarious Open Letter To Sen Dino Melaye (1115 Views)

Dino Melaye Flaunts His Fleet Of Cars (Photos) / President Buhari Reacts To Sen. Okpozo's Death / Senate President Saraki Finally Reacts To Sen. Tinubu & Melaye Saga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Read This Hilarious Open Letter To Sen Dino Melaye by Kelklein(m): 7:15pm On Aug 02, 2015
Nicked off a friend 's Facebook wall... simply hilarious

Dear Senator Dino,

Congratulations on your appointment as Chief Bag Carrier to Madam Toyin Saraki. I must confess it’s a well deserved appointment, considering your support for her husband’s
emergence as our senate president.

I’m doing you this letter in response to your comic defence of your recent visit to the headquarters of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) with Madam, titled
“Stand Up For What You Believe”. Indeed, you stood well in the visit’s picture, bravo!
By the way, how best could you have shown the world that you can go to war blindfolded with
your oga at the top?

Mind you, I thought you would be smart to let go of it but you have chosen to embark on a defence that further reveals your arrogance and utmost disrespect for your constituents, the same reason for which you were beaten and your clothes torn on the floor of the House of Representatives a few years back. Your arrogance shrouded the merit of your case then and sadly, you have not learnt.

Your claim on how many times you were arrested during President Goodluck Jonathan’s administration was quite touching. But eminent Nigerians like the late Gani Fawehinmi, Late Beko Ransome-Kuti and Femi Falana and many others
were not only severally arrested but were also jailed in the military era for fighting for a better Nigeria; yet, they never made personal news out of it, or sought to benefit from it
beyond the public good. Besides, we live in a Nigeria where many are unlawfully arrested and detained, so why feel like an hero for being arrested? Your arrest and BringBackOurGirls group membership brought you out of political oblivion because you were jobless until recently, we all know.

I agree with you that friendship is all about sacrifice, when things are good and when they are bad. The presence of your Madam’s darling (Bukola Saraki) at the EFCC office would have justified this but he was no where to be found, or are you a better friend to Madam than oga at the top? If Saraki,could not go on such visit with his for-better-for-worse partner, how was your company more important? Please think.

Sometimes last year it was bruited that you misbehaved when your relationship with your wife went sour. That infamous report depicted you as a Mike Tyson that lacks the mien of a gentle man, and how you mutated to a balogun leyin obirin baffles me.

Let’s look at it from another angle, if an ordinary member of your constituency, like I, was invited for questioning at the EFCC office, would you have been there for him or her or me?

If your constituent was announced on the radio to have had an accident, would you have rushed down there to see how you could be of help? If you had done such in the past I am sure it would have gone viral like the pictures of your sleek cars.

Senator Dino, your constituents voted you into the red chamber for serious business, not as handbag carrier to Madam Saraki. Seeing my senator during the visit to EFCC was a big insult to me and other concerned constituents who vehemently campaigned and voted for change;

therefore, you need to stop putting up baseless defences, respect our mandate and face what you were voted for. I know you might feel this is just a rant from a hungry constituent, but remember 2019 is not so far ahead of us.

Thank you.

Ahmed Oluwasanjo
cc: lalasticlala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Read This Hilarious Open Letter To Sen Dino Melaye by PassingShot(m): 7:17pm On Aug 02, 2015
The writer is funny and I think he's looking for cheap popularity too.

Btw, Dino Melaye is used to being in the news for the wrong reason.

He's one of real luck beneficiaries of "Change". If not, I doubt he could have won the last election.
Re: Read This Hilarious Open Letter To Sen Dino Melaye by modath(f): 7:18pm On Aug 02, 2015
Ahmed Oluwasanjo is totally on point.. initially i was on Dino's side pre-election, despite his previous wrongdoings but now just view him with a cool disdain.... Leopards can't ever change their spots.

1 Like

Re: Read This Hilarious Open Letter To Sen Dino Melaye by ziccoit: 7:20pm On Aug 02, 2015
Dino sounds like a type of seasoning use in cooking soup.
Re: Read This Hilarious Open Letter To Sen Dino Melaye by Gboliwe: 7:22pm On Aug 02, 2015
Like Saraki like Melaye both attention seeking APC members, both useless to me, both noisemakers both arrogant and proud. angry angry
Re: Read This Hilarious Open Letter To Sen Dino Melaye by dayo23(f): 7:24pm On Aug 02, 2015
Gboliwe:
Like Saraki like Melaye both attention seeking APC members, both useless to me, both noisemakers both arrogant and proud. angry angry
well said

1 Like

Re: Read This Hilarious Open Letter To Sen Dino Melaye by tomakint: 8:38pm On Aug 02, 2015
A well written piece full of 'words of reasons' especially for a discerning heart......by the time the tribunals are through with Dino and Saraki respectively, they would be stripped to their bare pants for the world to see.
Re: Read This Hilarious Open Letter To Sen Dino Melaye by pitfol(m): 7:16am On Aug 03, 2015
Dino Melaye is a thieving s of a b... He is shameless, has no iota of shame in him.. Talking from my personal experience wit him
Re: Read This Hilarious Open Letter To Sen Dino Melaye by Nobody: 7:24am On Aug 03, 2015
PassingShot:
The writer is funny and I think he's looking for cheap popularity too.
And dis comment just hiked ma hatred for u
Learn to be objective, and datz y u ca never and will never be fit to tie barcanista sandal
Re: Read This Hilarious Open Letter To Sen Dino Melaye by PassingShot(m): 7:25am On Aug 03, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:

And dis comment just hiked ma hatred for u
So?
Re: Read This Hilarious Open Letter To Sen Dino Melaye by sammyj: 7:58am On Aug 03, 2015
Dino has lost his remaining integrity if he had one before !!! shocked

(1) (Reply)

Amaechi Is Seriously Undermining Buhari's Credibility / See What Nigerian Soldiers Did To This Bloody Civilian.pix / It Is Time For Abubaka Abdulsalami To Stay Home And Allow Our Preside Do His Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.