Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,990 members, 7,810,762 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:49 PM

Kaduna To Disburse N2 Billion Interest-free Loan To Boost Rice Production - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kaduna To Disburse N2 Billion Interest-free Loan To Boost Rice Production (581 Views)

GEJ Shared N2 Billion Ecological Funds Among PDP States Only - El-rufai / Anambra Hits Self-sufficiency In Rice Production- Premiumtimes / EFCC Arrests Gov. Okorocha’s Aides For Pocketing N2 Billion Bailout Funds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kaduna To Disburse N2 Billion Interest-free Loan To Boost Rice Production by theomeka: 11:25pm On Aug 02, 2015
Governor Nasir El-Rufa’i of Kaduna State on Sunday said the state had received a N2 billion soft loan for onward disbursement to rice farmers– to boost its production in the state.

Mr. El-Rufa’i said this during the 2nd town hall meeting in Zaria. He advised the rice farmers to access the loan to improve their revenue base, as his administration had put measures in place to pay off the interest rate.

The town hall meeting is a periodic gathering, organised by the state government with a view to interacting with the electorate.

The governor said each state of the federation was given N2 billion to enhance rice production to enable the country become self-sufficient in rice production.

“It is disheartening to note that Nigeria spends N200 billion on rice importation; but with this new development, it will soon be a thing of the past.”

He promised to revive cotton farming in the state, as part of efforts to facilitate the revitalization of industries.

On recent workers’ screening exercise, the governor said about N120 million that would have gone via ghost workers was recovered.

Mr. El-Rufa’i advised people who erected residential buildings on government premises to vacate such places before the expiration of the given dateline, to avoid any form of embarrassment.

“Those who erected structures on Alhudahuda College premises should note that Wednesday August 5 is the dateline and there is no going back. Anybody who fails to remove his/her structures should not blame the government.”

He appealed to people to criticise him positively saying “criticism will enable me to correct my mistakes and do more for the people.”

Contributions, questions and answers were entertained during the session.

Source: http://tradot.com/blog/post?BrightMekaBlog_Kaduna-to-disburse-N2-billion-interest-free-loan-to-boost-rice-production-3477
Re: Kaduna To Disburse N2 Billion Interest-free Loan To Boost Rice Production by sandraokosun: 12:02am On Aug 03, 2015
el rufai and kaduna always in the news for the good reasons. Best gov in nigeria 4 now, meanwhile ambode dey looseguard
Re: Kaduna To Disburse N2 Billion Interest-free Loan To Boost Rice Production by theomeka: 5:48am On Aug 03, 2015
sandraokosun:
el rufai and kaduna always in the news for the good reasons. Best gov in nigeria 4 now, meanwhile ambode dey looseguard
Lol
Re: Kaduna To Disburse N2 Billion Interest-free Loan To Boost Rice Production by mrvitalis(m): 6:34am On Aug 03, 2015
El rufai I am one of your biggest fan and I hope u lead Nigeria after buhari
But for this? I don't support it... Governments before have being doing this and it has never worked
Use that money procure improve seeds and fertiliser and sale to this farmers at very cheap price...... Atleast you will be sure that all the found is going into production
Re: Kaduna To Disburse N2 Billion Interest-free Loan To Boost Rice Production by theomeka: 8:18am On Aug 03, 2015
mrvitalis:
El rufai I am one of your biggest fan and I hope u lead Nigeria after buhari
But for this? I don't support it... Governments before have being doing this and it has never worked
Use that money procure improve seeds and fertiliser and sale to this farmers at very cheap price...... Atleast you will be sure that all the found is going into production
Fund you mean?
Re: Kaduna To Disburse N2 Billion Interest-free Loan To Boost Rice Production by theomeka: 2:57pm On Aug 03, 2015
smiley
Re: Kaduna To Disburse N2 Billion Interest-free Loan To Boost Rice Production by theomeka: 3:08pm On Aug 09, 2015
Hmm
Re: Kaduna To Disburse N2 Billion Interest-free Loan To Boost Rice Production by theomeka: 5:51am On Aug 10, 2015
smiley
Re: Kaduna To Disburse N2 Billion Interest-free Loan To Boost Rice Production by Horlawoomey(m): 5:58am On Aug 10, 2015
Nice move, but the fund should be well tracked so that some of them will not use it to marry another wives.
Re: Kaduna To Disburse N2 Billion Interest-free Loan To Boost Rice Production by theomeka: 6:46am On Aug 10, 2015
Horlawoomey:
Nice move, but the fund should be well tracked so that some of them will not use it to marry another wives.
Lol
Re: Kaduna To Disburse N2 Billion Interest-free Loan To Boost Rice Production by theomeka: 11:13am On Aug 10, 2015
grin

(1) (Reply)

@bukolasaraki’s Historical Visit To IDP Camps And Matters Arising By @waleflame / Okowa Urges Buhari To Complete Second Niger Bridge, Other Projects / If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.