Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,235 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:23 AM

The Progressives Assembly: A Suggestion For Pro-buhari Supporters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Progressives Assembly: A Suggestion For Pro-buhari Supporters (416 Views)

Buhari Supporters Smoking At Pro-Buhari Rally In Abuja (Photos) / Pro-Buhari Rally Staged In Abuja (Photos) / Anambra Pro-Buhari Rally: Take Whatever You See – IPOB Warns Obiano, APC Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Progressives Assembly: A Suggestion For Pro-buhari Supporters by Appswheel(m): 8:39am On Aug 03, 2015
Post-election: fmr. President Jonathan supporters have become critics of President Buharis administration while the Sai Baba supporters have become self-appointed spokespersons and defenders of President Buhari – there are few exceptions.

I am more concerned about the Buhari fans because I am one. The reason I supported Buhari was my desire for a better Nigeria, the reason has not changed.

I am afraid that many fans of the present administration are towing the same line as those of President Jonathan who will do anything to defend and justify whatever he does whether wrong or right. Some have formed the habit of comparing Buharis government with Jonathan’s administration, should we not base our performance metrics on what is right?

Dear Buhari fans it is not your duty to make up speeches, policies for President Buhari rather we should ensure that our votes continue to count. We should be watch dogs and constructive critics of this administration.

I have a proposition for the various pro Buhari electronic platforms that supported the emergence of this administration. The leadership of these platforms should come together to form what I call the Progressives assembly, an electronic/web platform that collaborates with the spokespersons of the President to bring first hand, undiluted information from the presidency to the progressives and Nigerians at large. The platform will also serve as channel for Buhari supporters to make suggestions to the presidency, commend and criticize the government.

The information sourced from the progressive’s assembly platform is what we should distribute on social media and consolidate on. We must resist following the path of those before us, the path of self-deceit, blind support, praise singing and sycophancy.

If our opinions counted during the pre-election period, it should count more now. For those who seek the downfall of Buhari administration and write all manners of “trash” about his administration, it is not our duty to insult them. Rather we must school them on why we all must be objective in our views and be partners in the project of building a Nigeria that generations unborn will be proud of.

May God bless Nigeria
Re: The Progressives Assembly: A Suggestion For Pro-buhari Supporters by Nobody: 8:41am On Aug 03, 2015
hmmm I better not say what's really on my mind, to avoid any trift undecided

buh op, tell ur tourist president to stop parambulating all over the world, and start giving Nigeria the change it needs!

PS: I'm still waiting for my 5k undecided and also waiting for N1=$1

nuff said.
Re: The Progressives Assembly: A Suggestion For Pro-buhari Supporters by Nobody: 8:42am On Aug 03, 2015
Re: The Progressives Assembly: A Suggestion For Pro-buhari Supporters by kodded(m): 8:43am On Aug 03, 2015
undecided

one word for them

#BlindFollowers
undecided

(1) (Reply)

Today Is Government Pikin's Birthday:see Tweet / President Zuma’s Wife Allegedly Involved In Conspiracy To Poison Husband / Wow! Super Clean Us Used Lexus Rx330 Just Arrived In Port Harcourt..view Pics..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.