Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,034 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

Hurray!! Exorbitant Bride Price To Be Erased From Igboland Wedding Traditions - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Hurray!! Exorbitant Bride Price To Be Erased From Igboland Wedding Traditions (627 Views)

Waiting For Your Fiancée To Get Pregnant Before Going To Pay Her Bride Price / How Exorbitant Bride Price Keeps Scaring Suitors Away From Imo State Girls / Why She Does Not Deserve That Bride Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hurray!! Exorbitant Bride Price To Be Erased From Igboland Wedding Traditions by Nobody: 8:11pm On Aug 03, 2015
So igbo men don finally admit say igbo girls too cost? —- We thank God oooo — say their eyes don dey clear.. Hmmmmmmm!!!
How can you collect 2.5 million naira CASH from Chinedu for Ify’s bride price because she has a doctorate degree from university of Awka —- A couple of weeks later, Ify was caught cheating with Ogonna —- Ehn, i go carry cutlass for the two of dem straight-up —- 2.5 million naira wey reach to take buy land for the new promo wey dem dey do for Ibeju-Lekki new site, naim una collect from person hand for bride price? —- We never even talk of the 38 pieces of London wax materials and 24 guinea-brocade wey una say him must buy complete – or the 200 tubers of yam nkor and two white He-goats + one okada and two wheelbarrows wey dey for the list? Chinedu even complete her papa house wey the old man don abandon for over 20yrs – and on top of all the plenty money + other things, Ify still cheat…
That some igbo men have started using POS to collect bride price is not surprising —- and from the look of things, we will definitely get the point where igbo men will have ATM machines in their living rooms —- The groom may run out of cash —- and Of course, you can’t use that as an excuse with Mazi Ogaranya.
Over the weekend, former Military governor of old Anambra State, Col. Robert Akonobi (rtd), pleaded with Igbo parents to reduce the bride price of their daughters so that ‘’our young boys can marry them.”
“To me, this topic (bride price) has been dealth with in the past by Ndigbo, who came out with a reduced bride price, to enable our young boys marry our young girls,” Akonobi said.
Akonobi also cautioned that men should study their proposed wives closely and longer before engaging into marriage because “once you marry, no one else can put it asunder.”
He spoke at the industrial city of Nnewi, Anambra State during the traditional wedding ceremony of the daughter of a business mogul, Chief Louis Onwugbenu, Onyinye and her husband, Bosah Chukwuogo, over the weekend. Also, speaking, Mrs. Onwugbenu expressed gratitude that her daughter’s hand was given out in marriage and prayed that her in-laws who came all the way from Awka to marry her daughter, would go back home safely.
Father of the bride, Onwugbenu, in his own speech, said he had already blessed his daughter and her husband to go and make a good home. On the bride price controversy in Igbo land, Onwugbenu declared:
“We do not charge money as bride price for someone to marry my daughter. To me, what is important is that my daughter should live in peace with her husband. Let her husband’s family members accept her as part and parcel of their family.”
Hmmmm, Oga i hear you… you did not charge money kor.. abegiiii.
Re: Hurray!! Exorbitant Bride Price To Be Erased From Igboland Wedding Traditions by 9niceguy(m): 8:32pm On Aug 03, 2015
Better! Now I can marry ngozi
Re: Hurray!! Exorbitant Bride Price To Be Erased From Igboland Wedding Traditions by Gurgle(f): 8:39pm On Aug 03, 2015
Baby there are 5 Igbo states, this is just one of them

Make una open wallet and spill, brice price isn't going anywhere j-o-o-r
Re: Hurray!! Exorbitant Bride Price To Be Erased From Igboland Wedding Traditions by Mrbigman1(m): 9:14pm On Aug 03, 2015
Oga no just sharpen ur finger tips dey type arrant nonsense here.

Wi do one pay a million for a wife?

Ana ezuzu. Owulu nni. Mtcheww

A friend of mine is getting married in oruku this weekend (anambra) and the father of the daughter said he should come with just 80k at hand for the list given, a goat and bag of salt.

The 80k is for 100 litters of palm wine, cola nut and other things like crates of drinks for the Umuada and umunna.

If the man who's is very very wealthy or my friend wishes to call DJ cuppy to dia traditional marriage please dnt put it as bride price.

If them want make dem serve only Rose' that's not a bride price.

My inlaw spent just 50k in his own with my sister, my family told him that we re gonna do the party at out cost. If his family wishes to bring dia food along, they can if not, we had left over to feed another 500 men excluding children and kids.

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

An Advice To Sexy Driven Ladies / Never Give Your Precious Ring To These Women / Any Woman Who Wants To Marry A Man, Will Never Cheat On Him...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.