Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,184 members, 7,957,428 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 12:20 PM

The Power Of Now By Eckhart Tolle - Book Club/Spiritual Journal - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Power Of Now By Eckhart Tolle - Book Club/Spiritual Journal (15006 Views)

Why Do People Deny Power Of God? / The Power Of Choice / Eckhart Tolle Spiritual Healing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Power Of Now By Eckhart Tolle - Book Club/Spiritual Journal by beejaay: 8:56am On Aug 30, 2015
Wish am a gud writer,would av love to share so many things.after u are through with this book pls take tao te ching and flip tru.
Re: The Power Of Now By Eckhart Tolle - Book Club/Spiritual Journal by MizMyColi(f): 8:59am On Aug 30, 2015
beejaay:
after a while on this journey,u will suddenly see no reason to respond or react to issues here,u will see them for what they are and u stop being judgemental. living in the now for a minutes is more profound and unquantifiable to any description of joy from anywhere or thing,not even the heaven description

It's happening already sir.
It is.
There is a thread on FP where I was cursed like kilode.

If only the world knew my reaction in the private confines of my bedroom.
I know it sounds weird, but I won't say what happened to me here.
Even as I remember now, there is a peace and quiet which has filled me.

You get to that point in living life where negativity and negative forces can no longer survive around the force field which anchors you.

I don't always get it right, but I'm making progress and that's a good thing.
Re: The Power Of Now By Eckhart Tolle - Book Club/Spiritual Journal by MizMyColi(f): 9:02am On Aug 30, 2015
beejaay:
Wish am a gud writer,would av love to share so many things.after u are through with this book pls take tao te ching and flip tru.

I think you can share with us.
It's not necessary that you write so well.
Those who will catch your drift will....and even elaborate on it.

Hello Khachee
I saw you viewingsmiley
Re: The Power Of Now By Eckhart Tolle - Book Club/Spiritual Journal by beejaay: 9:05am On Aug 30, 2015
MizMyColi:

It feels like I've caught a rhema.

Silence without, stillness within.
You have entered the unmanifested.

Reminds me of a place in scripture - "stand still and know that he is God".
truth is underneath all layers of labelling in all religions lies the profound truth.after sometimes in this ur journey u will realize that all religions and believe systems from islam,xtianity,judism,taoism and even atheism are all the same thing but with different form of attachment and interpretation..above,below and beyound all of their labelling and attachment lies a simple truth PEACE and that can only be achieved by being in the now.with religions being corrupted atheism is closer to that peace than theism
Re: The Power Of Now By Eckhart Tolle - Book Club/Spiritual Journal by MizMyColi(f): 9:10am On Aug 30, 2015
beejaay:
truth is underneath all layers of labelling in all religions lies the profound truth.after sometimes in this ur journey u will realize that all religions and believe systems from islam,xtianity,judism,taoism and even atheism are all the same thing but with different form of attachment and interpretation..above,below and beyound all of their labelling and attachment lies a simple truth PEACE and that can only be achieved by being in the now.with religions being corrupted atheism is closer to that peace than theism

Thank you!
Because an atheist has assumed a form of formlessness.

He has detached his sense of being an purpose to some future where he will be burnt in fire or rewarded in an utopia.

Unlike most of us, he has freed himself from the sickness of memory and anticipation.

Unconsciously, they have discovered that Now is all we have, and we need to make the best of it.
Re: The Power Of Now By Eckhart Tolle - Book Club/Spiritual Journal by beejaay: 9:14am On Aug 30, 2015
MizMyColi:

It's happening already sir.
It is.
There is a thread on FP where I was cursed like kilode.

If only the world knew my reaction in the private confines of my bedroom.
I know it sounds weird, but I won't say what happened to me here.
Even as I remember now, there is a peace and quiet which has filled me.

You get to that point in living life where negativity and negative forces can no longer survive around the force field which anchors you.

I don't always get it right, but I'm making progress and that's a good thing.
many people would av waited for u to respond with ur own abuse but will be hurt,remoursful,sad wen it wasnt forthcoming.u gave them a gift of presence and u receive a gift of peace..
Re: The Power Of Now By Eckhart Tolle - Book Club/Spiritual Journal by MizMyColi(f): 9:17am On Aug 30, 2015
beejaay:
many people would av waited for u to respond with ur own abuse but will be hurt,remoursful,sad wen it wasnt forthcoming.u gave them a gift of presence and u receive a gift of peace..

Lol

I learnt earlier that pain inflicted on others is pain inflicted on self.
So why bother?
Re: The Power Of Now By Eckhart Tolle - Book Club/Spiritual Journal by beejaay: 9:18am On Aug 30, 2015
MizMyColi:

Thank you!
Because an atheist has assumed a form of formlessness.

He has detached his sense of being an purpose to some future where he will be burnt in fire or rewarded in an utopia.

Unlike most of us, he has freed himself from the sickness of memory and anticipation.

Unconsciously, they have discovered that Now is all we have, and we need to make the best of it.
exactly.living the truth is more important than knowing the truth.atheist has in a way transcend the illusion of time,they av consciously denounce the past and future compulsion without knowing it.

1 Like

Re: The Power Of Now By Eckhart Tolle - Book Club/Spiritual Journal by beejaay: 9:24am On Aug 30, 2015
MizMyColi:

Lol

I learnt earlier that pain inflicted on others is pain inflicted on self.
So why bother?
free from desire we can see the hidden mystery,with desire we only see whats visibly real..the day u see something as beautiful,ugliness is created and the day u see something as good evil is created..when we embrace it all we become it all,we become god...ye are god if u believe like i u will do greater things than i

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Power Of Now By Eckhart Tolle - Book Club/Spiritual Journal by McSterling(m): 10:12am On Aug 30, 2015
MizMyColi:

It's all in the mind my dear."heaven" can be seen and felt in the here and now.

Many people are now learning to live in the present moment. Away from the dictates of time, and the mind.

All we have is now.
In the now.
All is well, our needs are taken care of.
We are not beguiled by the antics of memory and anticipation.

I've tried mindfulness taya but for wia! My mind likes to wander too fucking much. It's so crazy in here.
Re: The Power Of Now By Eckhart Tolle - Book Club/Spiritual Journal by Nobody: 10:16am On Aug 30, 2015
MizMyColi:

I think you can share with us. It's not necessary that you write so well. Those who will catch your drift will....and even elaborate on it.

Hello Khachee I saw you viewingsmiley
Hi miz...i was just passing by, no church today?
Re: The Power Of Now By Eckhart Tolle - Book Club/Spiritual Journal by MizMyColi(f): 10:17am On Aug 30, 2015
McSterling:

I've tried mindfulness taya but for wia! My mind likes to wander too fucking much. It's so crazy in here.

First recognise that you are not your mind. You are not subject to its dictate.

Identifying with your mind is what produces ego and the egoic self. That's a false sense of self.
Your true sense of self lies in being.

Stop letting yourself get beguiled with the antics of memory and anticipation.
Just be.
You now is enough. You now is all that matters.

Try watching your mind as an outer witness.
Try to observe yourself from without your mind.
Try observing your thought process and the reason you feel the way you do per time.
Re: The Power Of Now By Eckhart Tolle - Book Club/Spiritual Journal by MizMyColi(f): 10:18am On Aug 30, 2015
khachee:

Hi miz...i was just passing by, no church today?

Beht I'm in church nagrin
Re: The Power Of Now By Eckhart Tolle - Book Club/Spiritual Journal by Nobody: 10:26am On Aug 30, 2015
MizMyColi:

Beht I'm in church nagrin
Ohh..
This is your church, i love this kind of church...

I was looking for a religious article to read so i decided to come here, nairaland is full of atheist and subconciously, i am begining to reason like a free thinker

1 Like

Re: The Power Of Now By Eckhart Tolle - Book Club/Spiritual Journal by MizMyColi(f): 10:29am On Aug 30, 2015
khachee:

Ohh..
This is your church, i love this kind of church...

I was looking for a religious article to read so i decided to come here, nairaland is full of atheist and subconciously, i am begining to reason like a free thinker
Way to go gurl! cheesy

Btw, I like your siggy die.
Re: The Power Of Now By Eckhart Tolle - Book Club/Spiritual Journal by Nobody: 10:34am On Aug 30, 2015
MizMyColi:

Way to go gurl ! cheesy

Btw, I like your siggy die.

Thanks....

Btw...i'm the exact opposite of the bolded
Re: The Power Of Now By Eckhart Tolle - Book Club/Spiritual Journal by MizMyColi(f): 10:36am On Aug 30, 2015
shocked
khachee:

Thanks....

Btw...i'm the exact opposite of the bolded

My apologiessmiley
Re: The Power Of Now By Eckhart Tolle - Book Club/Spiritual Journal by Nobody: 10:50am On Aug 30, 2015
MizMyColi:
shocked
My apologiessmiley
No probz.....Accepted....
Hope you having a wonderful day
Re: The Power Of Now By Eckhart Tolle - Book Club/Spiritual Journal by MizMyColi(f): 10:54am On Aug 30, 2015
khachee:

No probz.....Accepted....

Hope you having a wonderful day

Yes ocheesy
About to take breakfast now.
Re: The Power Of Now By Eckhart Tolle - Book Club/Spiritual Journal by Nobody: 11:02am On Aug 30, 2015
MizMyColi:

Yes ocheesy About to take breakfast now.
Need i ask for what you taking?..
In a normal naija setting, my guess is 'sunday' rice cheesy
Re: The Power Of Now By Eckhart Tolle - Book Club/Spiritual Journal by MizMyColi(f): 11:04am On Aug 30, 2015
khachee:

Need i ask for what you taking?..

In a normal naija setting, my guess is 'sunday' rice cheesy

Naaa.
Crackers and Tea.
Lols
Re: The Power Of Now By Eckhart Tolle - Book Club/Spiritual Journal by Nobody: 11:16am On Aug 30, 2015
MizMyColi:

Naaa.
Crackers and Tea.
Lols

*coversface*.
I just realize i'm derailing....sorry miz.

I'm outta here till you update..

Take care..
have a lovely and stressfree day

1 Like

Re: The Power Of Now By Eckhart Tolle - Book Club/Spiritual Journal by MuttleyLaff: 12:32pm On Aug 30, 2015

Issorite. Eckhart Tolle, yeah? Eckhart Tolle, another Oprah's favourites, like TD Jakes?

The fact & truth is, Eckhart Tolle is like toying with a loaded arm pointed to the head
In a safe hand, no problem, if the safe hand has sense enough not to pull the trigger whilst arm is pointed to head.

Eckhart Tolle is slick as they come, as he uses all the right words,
and whatever right words he doesnt want to use, he gives the excuse that the word has become ''empty of meaning'' or has been misused.

MizMyColi, to the trained eye, Eckhart Tolle would be an Eve Déjà vu
- sorry for the ''trained eye''-''Eve Déjà'' vu'' pun there,
- couldnt resist not seizing the chance to use it

Nothing personal but at the end of the day, Eckhart Tolle is no better than or different to the average Pastorpreneurs

The pseudo truth in ''The Power of Now?'' is like a few pearls mixed in with a lot of worthless faux pearls.
It has lots of New Age etcetera stuff in it that if you'll be eating it you'll have to be prepared for spitting out the throat prickly bones in it.

By the way, I found the unconsciousness issue raised by mnwankwo very interesting, he even de-toured a bit into bacteria, LOL
(i.e. he said:
... to "define" what consciousnesses is and ascertain if there are gradations of consciousnesses or if consciousnesses is one and the same)
though you ducked definining your ''different level of consciousness'' response was equally interesting

mnwankwo further went on to state:
''Are all consciousnesses eternal or are there gradations of it that began at point? These questions are important if an inference''

Let me ask both of you what your takes are on consciousnesses in the realm of the dead and land of the living
1) What is consciousnesses in the realm of the dead and in land of the living?
2) Is consciousnesses in the realm of the dead and land of the living criss crossed?
3) Are the dead consciousnesses of happenings in the land of the living and vice versa?
4) Are those in the realm of the dead consciousnesses of happenings in there just as those in the land of the living are consciousnesses of happenings in there surroundings?
5) What is the correlation between unconsciousnesses and ''sleeping'' for the dead or those in the realm of the dead?

Sorry didnt go into the bacteria unconsciousnesses smiley

Mind you, I've read Eckhart Tolle's ''The Power of Now?'' so am able and willing to address any questions on any of the claims in the book
Re: The Power Of Now By Eckhart Tolle - Book Club/Spiritual Journal by McSterling(m): 2:01pm On Aug 30, 2015
MizMyColi:

First recognise that you are not your mind. You are not subject to its dictate.

Identifying with your mind is what produces ego and the egoic self. That's a false sense of self.
Your true sense of self lies in being.

Stop letting yourself get beguiled with the antics of memory and anticipation.
Just be.
You now is enough. You now is all that matters.

Try watching your mind as an outer witness.
Try to observe yourself from without your mind.
Try observing your thought process and the reason you feel the way you do per time.
I wish it was that easy.
Re: The Power Of Now By Eckhart Tolle - Book Club/Spiritual Journal by beejaay: 4:08pm On Aug 30, 2015
McSterling:

stop trying and instead watch and observe the wandering.dont try to alter it,just be the watcher.its a gradual process
Re: The Power Of Now By Eckhart Tolle - Book Club/Spiritual Journal by Nobody: 4:17pm On Aug 30, 2015
beejaay:
stop trying and instead watch and observe the wandering.dont try to alter it,just be the watcher.its a gradual process

Very good response. You got it. wink
The more people, the better. smiley
Re: The Power Of Now By Eckhart Tolle - Book Club/Spiritual Journal by greaterlove(m): 7:36am On Aug 31, 2015
Thank you mizmycoli for this thread. Like mcsterling pointed out, the mind wanders so much, so so much. It becomes even louder when you try to be in the now. It's like you are fighting a war you can't win. You make some progress sometimes and you are happy, then you get carried away, but after you find yourself arguing with a lagos taxi driver or bus conductor over change or a construction worker at your site, you start asking yourself why did I stoop so low.
Happy I have met my fellow travelers . Hope to learn more from you guys experiences.

2 Likes

Re: The Power Of Now By Eckhart Tolle - Book Club/Spiritual Journal by MizMyColi(f): 1:41pm On Aug 31, 2015
greaterlove:
Thank you mizmycoli for this thread. Like mcsterling pointed out, the mind wanders so much, so so much. It becomes even louder when you try to be in the now. It's like you are fighting a war you can't win. You make some progress sometimes and you are happy, then you get carried away, but after you find yourself arguing with a lagos taxi driver or bus conductor over change or a construction worker at your site, you start asking yourself why did I stoop so low.
Happy I have met my fellow travelers . Hope to learn more from you guys experiences.

smiley nice meeting you too smiley

Well, in reality, we have to be patient with ourselves.
It is foolhardy to think that we can unlearn all that we've learned within a span of 2-3 decades in one month or year.

What matters now is that you are now present, that you have attained a higher degree of awareness.

Just like Apostle Paul says...
We leave thoose things which are behind and we press towards the mark.

1 second ago is the past. Make peace with it. This is now. Now is all we have. What are we going to make of it?

This morning....
Someone called me to remind me of something which I oughtn't be reminded of...
Before now, I'd begin to fret and anticipate the worse. Heck I'd lose weight just thinking about how I would be shouted on.

But not today.
As a result of what I'd learned in this book, I was calm. I didn't expect anything. Even if I clearly understood what awaited me, I chose to live in the moment.

Well, it turned out that if I had allowed my fears stop me from doing all that I had to do in the morning, it would have been for nothing.

Was I reprimanded?
Yes.
Was it in the way I would normally envisage?
No.
How do I feel this moment?
Okay.

The reason I'm sharing this is to let us know that no one can claim to have arrived yet as it pertains full divinity, mistakes are allowed, failings are allowed, but just know that you will get there.

For where there's a will, there's a way.

1 Like

Re: The Power Of Now By Eckhart Tolle - Book Club/Spiritual Journal by MizMyColi(f): 9:18am On Sep 05, 2015
I got this mail today and it resonates.

Re: The Power Of Now By Eckhart Tolle - Book Club/Spiritual Journal by Nobody: 7:00pm On Sep 05, 2015
@beejaay

I am not sure whether I am right or wrong but you seem to have some experience with the techniques Mr Tolle talks about so I would like to ask you a question:

How do you deal with aversion? Any experience in this area?
I have never been more peaceful but on some days I feel a very strong aversion to some people, three to be precise.
I am trying to let it be, to accept it but it seems to intensify.
Re: The Power Of Now By Eckhart Tolle - Book Club/Spiritual Journal by beejaay: 2:42pm On Sep 07, 2015
Mindfulness:
@beejaay

I am not sure whether I am right or wrong but you seem to have some experience with the techniques Mr Tolle talks about so I would like to ask you a question:

How do you deal with aversion? Any experience in this area?
I have never been more peaceful but on some days I feel a very strong aversion to some people, three to be precise.
I am trying to let it be, to accept it but it seems to intensify.

sorry for the late response

you should simply allow yourself to feel whatever it is your body want to feel without judging it.....trying to control it is guilt in itself which is like allowing the mind to take control of you through the back door....the whole concept of SURRENDER rest on acceptance; to accept every situation as if you have chosen it while observing how ur mind react to the aversed situations...this however doesnt mean you wont do nything to change the situation, rather you will be awake while trying to change the situation without being inaundated with the ishness of the averse moments.......

when we realize that nothing anyone do or say is becasue of you but rather becasue of their own world view and understanding which is now being projected towards us.....

2 Likes

Re: The Power Of Now By Eckhart Tolle - Book Club/Spiritual Journal by Nobody: 2:58pm On Sep 07, 2015
beejaay:

sorry for the late response

you should simply allow yourself to feel whatever it is your body want to feel without judging it.....trying to control it is guilt in itself which is like allowing the mind to take control of you through the back door....the whole concept of SURRENDER rest on acceptance; to accept every situation as if you have chosen it while observing how ur mind react to the aversed situations...this however doesnt mean you wont do nything to change the situation, rather you will be awake while trying to change the situation without being inaundated with the ishness of the averse moments.......

when we realize that nothing anyone do or say is becasue of you but rather becasue of their own world view and understanding which is now being projected towards us.....

Thanks a lot! Very insightful.

I think my own judgment of myself is what makes matters worse. You are very right.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Deep Meaning Of "I Am That I Am" / Stop Gossiping During Work - Pope Tells Hairdressers And Beauticians / 666 Aka The Mark Of The Beast: President Obama Vs Revelation 13:15-18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.