Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,431 members, 7,954,692 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:25 AM

Enforcement On FG/FRSC Vehicles' Speed-limiters Policy For Sept. 1st. 2015. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enforcement On FG/FRSC Vehicles' Speed-limiters Policy For Sept. 1st. 2015. (980 Views)

Ifeanyi Ejiofor Speaks On FG's Move To Revoke Nnamdi Kanu’s Bail / Adeyinka Grandson: We'll Use Chemical Weapons On FG If Odua Nation Isn't Granted / Nnamdi Kanu: Militants Declare War On FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enforcement On FG/FRSC Vehicles' Speed-limiters Policy For Sept. 1st. 2015. by exservicemen: 1:23pm On Aug 04, 2015
In accordance with the implementation of the first phase of the Federal Government's recent Policy on compulsory installation of Speed-Limiting devices on every COMMERCIAL VEHICLE plying the Nigerian roads nation-wide, The Federal Road Safety Corp have directed all it's commands nation-wide to put every machinery in motion in readiness for a thorough enforcement of this policy starting from September 1st., 2015.

You will recall that the Federal Government in response to the ever increasing carnage on Nigeria roads had several months back, come out with a policy which will make it compulsory for all vehicles plying the roads in Nigeria to be fitted with the Speed Limiters which also is in accordance with International Road Safety standards. The Second phase, according to sources, will include enforcement of policy on Private vehicles. This is a proactive system of controlling vehicle speed such that the vehicle is disallowed from exceeding a pre-set speed limit.

This Policy was put together after a careful study of the successes which can be said to have been achieved through similar policies in the recent times in countries such as India and some other Asian countries including Europe.

The Ex-Servicemen Transport Scheme which for several years have been partnering with the FRSC in no little ways according to sources is one of the two Partner companies approved to undertake this exercise on behalf of the Government agency. Contacts the Ex-service Men Transport Scheme for further details.
Re: Enforcement On FG/FRSC Vehicles' Speed-limiters Policy For Sept. 1st. 2015. by buzquet(m): 1:31pm On Aug 04, 2015
Al na mouth. abeg who go pursue me if I dey overspeed?
Re: Enforcement On FG/FRSC Vehicles' Speed-limiters Policy For Sept. 1st. 2015. by exservicemen: 1:36pm On Aug 04, 2015
buzquet:
Al na mouth. abeg who go pursue me if I dey overspeed?

The capacity of the FRSC is as I speak, being seriously upgraded. Of course, the govt knows how much of a daunting task enforcement of this policy will be and so they are prepared for it. The safety of Nigerians on the road is the issue here and so it is as serious as you can ever think.
Re: Enforcement On FG/FRSC Vehicles' Speed-limiters Policy For Sept. 1st. 2015. by shobroy10(m): 1:38pm On Aug 04, 2015
A great and well welcomed development
Re: Enforcement On FG/FRSC Vehicles' Speed-limiters Policy For Sept. 1st. 2015. by shobroy10(m): 1:40pm On Aug 04, 2015
Some ppl will just open Der mandible oga ooooooo
Re: Enforcement On FG/FRSC Vehicles' Speed-limiters Policy For Sept. 1st. 2015. by omowolewa: 1:45pm On Aug 04, 2015
Money making avenue
Re: Enforcement On FG/FRSC Vehicles' Speed-limiters Policy For Sept. 1st. 2015. by exservicemen: 1:52pm On Aug 04, 2015
omowolewa:
Money making avenue

Yeah, that's the truth cos there's no way someone will not make money out of it. At least the manufacturers of the device will but looking at it objectively, no price is too much for safety. Be assured anyway that the entire exercise will be affordable. pretty affordable.

1 Like

Re: Enforcement On FG/FRSC Vehicles' Speed-limiters Policy For Sept. 1st. 2015. by HyperBase(m): 2:32pm On Aug 04, 2015
I am big time into haulage business, this is a loudable policy which if adequately implemented will drastically reduce accidents in d country cos most of these crashes are caused by overspeeding. Can you give an idea of what it costs to fit one vehicle? Will get some fleet maNagers to fit my vehicles with tracking systems. Cann you recommend one?
Re: Enforcement On FG/FRSC Vehicles' Speed-limiters Policy For Sept. 1st. 2015. by omowolewa: 3:10pm On Aug 04, 2015
OKay

But the higher the government expendicture, the lower the citizen's purchasing power, and the wider the gap between the rich and the poor.

exservicemen:

Yeah, that's the truth cos there's no way someone will not make money out of it. At least the manufacturers of the device will but looking at it objectively, no price is too much for safety. Be assured anyway that the entire exercise will be affordable. pretty affordable.

Re: Enforcement On FG/FRSC Vehicles' Speed-limiters Policy For Sept. 1st. 2015. by HyperBase(m): 11:19am On Aug 05, 2015
I have just been told that the speed limiting device can be fitted alongside the tracker to give the haulage business owner the opportunity to know the whereabout of his vehicle as well as know at what speed the vehicle is moving at the time. Pls is this correct? If it is, I would then like to know how much it will cost to have the 2 fitted in a vehicle. Email me at hyperbase01@aol.com, thanks.
Re: Enforcement On FG/FRSC Vehicles' Speed-limiters Policy For Sept. 1st. 2015. by AZeD1(m): 11:51am On Aug 05, 2015
A very retarded idea. Who thinks of all this bulshit?
Re: Enforcement On FG/FRSC Vehicles' Speed-limiters Policy For Sept. 1st. 2015. by HyperBase(m): 3:18pm On Aug 08, 2015
AZeD1:
A very retarded idea. Who thinks of all this bulshit?

You probably just came in from abroad. Those of us in Nigeria who cares so much about the safety of their lives and properties knows that we actually need this. You can't imagine what I 've been through getting my truck drivers to be reasonable. First thought that changing them would solve it but the more you change them, the more you employ those who are worse. Had to sell off one vehicle at some point to be able to make up for a customer's 10Tons load of rice damaged after an accident due to over-speeding on the part of my driver employee. We need it oo. I'm of the view that the price be subsidized, that's all.

(1) (Reply)

NUJ To Regulate Bloggers In Nigeria / Why Tinubu,apc Leaders Missed Fashola's Book Launch - Lai Mohammed / Pics From Dora Akunyili 1st Memorial Lecture, Women Center Named After Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.