Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,792 members, 7,817,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:29 AM

Washington CNN: I Could Win 3rd Term If I Ran Again– Obama - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Washington CNN: I Could Win 3rd Term If I Ran Again– Obama (1283 Views)

Oshiomhole Wins 3rd Term / After Watching Buhari On CNN, I Can't Stop Laughing / Banker: How I Ran Maina's N2bn Illegal Accounts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Washington CNN: I Could Win 3rd Term If I Ran Again– Obama by Nobody: 9:23am On Aug 05, 2015
President Barrack Obama said on Tuesday that he could win a 3rd term in office if he ran again but that he is barred by the constitution. “I actually think I’m a pretty good president. I think if I ran, I could win. But I can’t.”

Obama said during a speech in Ethiopia, “There’s a lot I ‘d like to do to keep America moving. But the law is the law and no person is above the law, not even the president.” He is the first U.S. president to address the African Union in Addis Ababa and was critical of some African leader who are reluctant to turn over power.

“Africa’s democratic progress is also at risk when leaders refuse to step aside when their terms end. Now let me be honest with you………….. I do not understand this,” said Obama. He added that he did not understand the motivation behind remaining in power through force even when leaders have “got a lot of money”.

Obama expressed his concern on the corruption within Ethiopia and other African countries. “Nothing will unlock Africa’s economic potentials more than ending the cancer of corruption,” Obama said. “When someone has to pay a bribe just to start a business or to go to school or get an official to do the job they’re supposed to be doing ____ _ that’s not ‘the African way;’ it undermines the dignity of the people you represent.”

Obama also spoke on the way journalists and women are treated. “I believe Ethiopia will not fully unleash the potentials of its people if journalists are restricted or legitimate opposition groups can’t participate in the campaign process,” Obama said.

Speaking on women’s right Obama said, “As a father, I believe that my two daughters have to have the same chance to pursue their dreams as anybody’s son – – and that same thing holds true for girls here in Africa,” Obama said. “Our girls have to be treated the same. We can’t let old traditions stand in the way.”

Re: Washington CNN: I Could Win 3rd Term If I Ran Again– Obama by fromnigeria(m): 9:23am On Aug 05, 2015
Well Said Mr. president.

Greed and a very low mentality is the reason most leaders all over the world cling to power and its prevalent in africa.
Re: Washington CNN: I Could Win 3rd Term If I Ran Again– Obama by Rexceedo: 9:24am On Aug 05, 2015
lie
Re: Washington CNN: I Could Win 3rd Term If I Ran Again– Obama by seedgreen(m): 9:24am On Aug 05, 2015
He would not even get half vote of what he got last election. Good radiance to bad rubbish....park well joor. Homo

1 Like

Re: Washington CNN: I Could Win 3rd Term If I Ran Again– Obama by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:24am On Aug 05, 2015
Unfortunately, the 22nd Amendment is there to prevent him.
Re: Washington CNN: I Could Win 3rd Term If I Ran Again– Obama by Swaggzkid: 9:25am On Aug 05, 2015
Girls Can lie! shocked shocked
Re: Washington CNN: I Could Win 3rd Term If I Ran Again– Obama by dalyricist: 9:26am On Aug 05, 2015
Hhhmmmmmmmmm
Re: Washington CNN: I Could Win 3rd Term If I Ran Again– Obama by bonechamberlain(m): 9:30am On Aug 05, 2015
power don sweet am, black is always a black man. if he had his way just like obj didn't have he would contest again. he shouldn't have made that statement. there are millions of Americans who also can keep America running. unless he us suffering from Messiah complex

1 Like

Re: Washington CNN: I Could Win 3rd Term If I Ran Again– Obama by ammyluv2002(f): 9:32am On Aug 05, 2015
Swaggzkid:
Girls Can lie! shocked shocked
Oga, Obama is not a girl angry shocked
Re: Washington CNN: I Could Win 3rd Term If I Ran Again– Obama by Swaggzkid: 9:49am On Aug 05, 2015
ammyluv2002:
Oga, Obama is not a girl angry shocked

I mean op. Obama never said that
Re: Washington CNN: I Could Win 3rd Term If I Ran Again– Obama by fromnigeria(m): 10:17am On Aug 05, 2015
Don't judge a write-up by the title, read through to gather enough reasons to judge or hate.

seedgreen:
He would not even get half vote of what he got last election. Good radiance to bad rubbish....park well joor. Homo
Re: Washington CNN: I Could Win 3rd Term If I Ran Again– Obama by Nobody: 10:48am On Aug 05, 2015
Swaggzkid:

I mean op. Obama never said that

Go to CNN and comment that it's a lie http://edition.cnn.com/2015/07/28/politics/obama-third-term-win-ethiopia/index.html
Re: Washington CNN: I Could Win 3rd Term If I Ran Again– Obama by chukslawrence(m): 10:51am On Aug 05, 2015
Could nt will
Re: Washington CNN: I Could Win 3rd Term If I Ran Again– Obama by Blackfire(m): 11:06am On Aug 05, 2015
Reminds me of .... Third term agenda of one man in Nigeria, whats that his name again o?
Re: Washington CNN: I Could Win 3rd Term If I Ran Again– Obama by orunto27: 11:17am On Aug 05, 2015
To be the Apostle of . OBJ.
Re: Washington CNN: I Could Win 3rd Term If I Ran Again– Obama by airmark(m): 11:27am On Aug 05, 2015
onlinebizinfo:
“I actually think I’m a pretty good president. I think if I ran, I could win. But I can’t.”

Have they got the presidential candidates for the parties already? My English is bad. Grammarians tell me if the emboldened is correct.
Re: Washington CNN: I Could Win 3rd Term If I Ran Again– Obama by Nobody: 11:29am On Aug 05, 2015
leading ain't a do or die affair...when ur people doubting ur qualities, gives other opportunities....
Re: Washington CNN: I Could Win 3rd Term If I Ran Again– Obama by Nobody: 11:30am On Aug 05, 2015
leading ain't a do or die affair...when ur people doubting ur qualities, give other opportunities....
Re: Washington CNN: I Could Win 3rd Term If I Ran Again– Obama by Nature129(m): 12:35pm On Aug 05, 2015
bonechamberlain:
power don sweet am, black is always a black man. if he had his way just like obj didn't have he would contest again. he shouldn't have made that statement. there are millions of Americans who also can keep America running. unless he us suffering from Messiah complex

I am sure you didn't understand what he meant judging from what you said.

He meant "I know that being in power is very sweet but I have to step aside for others to serve our country too because that's what the constitution says and I don't have a choice but to obey it...and the say holds true for African leaders"

I hope it's clearer now...he's just trying to let them know he feels how they feel and the law is supreme.
Re: Washington CNN: I Could Win 3rd Term If I Ran Again– Obama by otumopkor(m): 1:50pm On Aug 05, 2015
The key word to note is when they have got a lot of money. I just dont understand, someone has 20 billion naira of stolen wealth in his account and is not satisfied, only death would bring african leaders satisfaction. So therefore i pray that our corrupt leaders get the much needed SATISFACTION that they deserve quickly. Insha Allah and In Jesus name. Amin Amen

(1) (Reply)

Massive Fuel Imports Continue As Refinaries Fails / 42 Appointment Made So Far By Buhari Still No South East! / Lord Lugard’s Magic And Flora Shaw’s Spell-femi Fani Kayode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.