Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

Obj At It Again Oooooo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obj At It Again Oooooo (856 Views)

Buhari Have Disappointed Us Again Oooooo... Wharris This... / Photo: OBJ At GEJ's Daughter Wedding / Farouk Lawan Collected $600K Bribe - Video Of Legislooting - OBJ at work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obj At It Again Oooooo by henry4uall(m): 8:33am On Mar 20, 2009
FORMER President Olusegun Obasanjo on Thursday vehemently declared that he was not corrupt and that he was ready to face trial if found culpable of corruption.

Chief Obasanjo, who was answering questions on the British Broadcasting Corporation interview programme Hard Talk, said he is the only former president in Nigeria that has ever been investigated by the two anti-corruption agencies in Nigeria.

Describing BBC Stephen Sackur’s allegation that he was a corrupt leader as an insult, said “when you allege you must have facts.” He stated that it was under his government that three ministers and a senate leader were arrested and prosecuted for corruption: “ What else do you want,” Obasanjo queries.

On his daughter, Iyabo, who is being investigated for alleged corrupt practices, Chief Obasanjo said she’s not been convicted. Asked if he will take responsibility for Iyabo, Obasanjo said, “I beg your pardon, she is a 42-year-old woman and can take responsibility for herself. You are insulting me, can you say that to a European leader?

“Will you take responsibility for your 21-year-old son?” Chief Obasanjo asked Sackur.

I believe there are more corrupt past nigerian leaders than OBJ. What do you think?
Re: Obj At It Again Oooooo by GettysBurg: 9:24am On Mar 20, 2009
I believe OBJ is the only nigerian leader who fought corruption in any way at all. And of course, his former boss- Murtala Mohammed.

At least, that's why as at 1999, nigeria was most corrupt country in the world, but as at last year, it is number 52.

Who beats that?
Re: Obj At It Again Oooooo by CrazyMan(m): 9:45am On Mar 20, 2009
I think that’s all bullshit. No body would admit to you that he’s corrupt; even an armed robber would never admit that he’s guilty.

He (Obsanjo) should explain to us what happened to the $3.5m Abacha loot returned to Nigeria by the Switzerland bank, he should tell us what happened to that money; he should tell us what happened to the PTDF funds.

He should tell us what happened to all the funds the EFCC recovered from corrupt governors during his tenure.

He’s just trying to cover his black image. But no matter how he tries, his iniquities is out there in public for everyone to see.
Re: Obj At It Again Oooooo by GettysBurg: 9:56am On Mar 20, 2009
@ crazykid,

you sound as your name.

Do you know the meaning of ignorance?

It is a bad cage to be in. Go find the facts.
Re: Obj At It Again Oooooo by Nobody: 9:58am On Mar 20, 2009
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Obj At It Again Oooooo by Jarus(m): 10:14am On Mar 20, 2009
I watched the interview on BBC and it was explosive.
Obasanjo characteristically took charge of the interview and blew hot on the interviewer. It was very interesting.
Re: Obj At It Again Oooooo by CrazyMan(m): 10:30am On Mar 20, 2009
GettysBurg:

@ crazykid,

you sound as your name.

Do you know the meaning of ignorance?

It is a bad cage to be in. Go find the facts.
Where are you, some kind of jungle?

Maybe you were in jail during Obasanjo’s tenure that’s why you’re sounding like this. I don’t need to give you any fact; everyone knows that Obsanjo is a corrupt leader. Look at the way he increased the VAT weeks before his hand over to Yar’adua; the University strike that lasted for months and months; the fuel crises and other financial problems in the country.

Are you now telling me that you don’t know about that also?
Re: Obj At It Again Oooooo by kevd2: 10:45am On Mar 20, 2009
People like Gettysburg are a reflection of what is gone wrong with our society, they reflect Nigeria's acceptance and defense of a culture of corruption.You dont need a rocket scientist to tell you that Obasanjo is a corrupt leader, Do you?
Re: Obj At It Again Oooooo by CrazyMan(m): 10:51am On Mar 20, 2009
kev-d:

People like Gettysburg are a reflection of what is gone wrong with our society, they reflect Nigeria's acceptance and defense of a culture of corruption.You dont need a rocket scientist to tell you that Obasanjo is a corrupt leader, Do you?
My dear leave him alone; everyone is entitled to his own opinions.

If he feels Obsanjo is a great leader, then it’s up to him.
Re: Obj At It Again Oooooo by chidichris(m): 6:42pm On Mar 20, 2009
I believe OBJ is the only nigerian leader who fought corruption in any way at all. And of course, his former boss- Murtala Mohammed.

At least, that's why as at 1999, nigeria was most corrupt country in the world, but as at last year, it is number 52.

Who beats that?

@Gettysburg,
you are a truthful man for saying that truth. i will be happy to add to ur points in the following manners,

1. he is also the only nigerian leader who deleted two communities during his tenure in bayalsa and benue.
2. he is the only nigerin president who peacefully finished eight years tenure and demanded for more - third term
3. he is also the only nigerian president who openly supported political thugs - chris uba and adedibu
4. he has a record of unresolved political killings as a president - bola ige, funsho williams etc
5. he is also the only nigerian leader who was accused by his own son of sleeping with his wife
6. he has the record the worst election in the history of man
7. he also has a record of undone contracts and the highest expenditure on contracts with the funds gone into air

i hope with these few points of mine, i have been able to convince you and not confuse u that obj is not worthy to be called a human being.

please the hard talk interview is a must watch for all these pro-obj supporters.

be informed that whatsoever he did as a president was done with our money and not his money.

it is never a previledge rather our rights so praise the beast not for his madness.
Re: Obj At It Again Oooooo by Hardballer(m): 7:02am On Mar 21, 2009
GettysBurg:

Who beats that?

the otha countries just got worse thats all not that we got better . . . . well maybe a bit better sha

(1) (Reply)

The Fake People Of South West Exposed Again / Why I Was Kidnapped - Pete Edochie / Shame! Bode George Likely Out Soon.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.