Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,427 members, 7,819,553 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

Is Marrying Your Deceased Wifes Sister Lawful? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Marrying Your Deceased Wifes Sister Lawful? (1188 Views)

Lessons From Marrying From A Rich Family / My Life After Marrying A Philippine Woman / "Marrying Lady That Is Above 30 Is Like Buying Newspaper In Evening"- Man Claims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Marrying Your Deceased Wifes Sister Lawful? by danielmichael(m): 11:37am On Aug 05, 2015
My dad married to my mum 23 yrs ago and he is blessed with 3 children including me.when we were little my mums sister JOY used to come and help out my mum take care of us too,unfortunately to my mum and us generally she died and after her dead,my mums sister JOY happens that she comes to cook for us and then go back since she is that very close to us.but after some months,I saw the likes on my fathers face for my mums sister JOY and surprisingly to me precisely when he(my dad) introduced her to me as his next wife due to my mums demised in the sense that she will be of help to us and as I'm talking to you now,my dad has gone to make an official invitation card to marry my mums sister..this is totally reasonable and unreasonable to me and I'm thinking of encumbering the marriage because my conscience wudnt help at all due to the fact that this woman is my mums sister.I don't undastand the kind family my mums from,why the parent dnt stop such movement of the mind..I'm confused right now if this move my dad is taking is right with my mums sister..

Abeg make una help.me dey confused wether it is lawful or otherwise
Re: Is Marrying Your Deceased Wifes Sister Lawful? by INTROVERT(f): 11:38am On Aug 05, 2015
Have you talked to you dad about it. I guess its okay if you all love her and she in turn cares for you all as she had been doing before your mum's demise (bless her soul).
I don't think there is any constitutional or legal roadblock to the marriage except maybe traditional or family.

other superstitious Nigerians would say that maybe she had a hand in your mum's demise so as to have your dad.. please ignore those ones and keep an open mind. okay

1 Like

Re: Is Marrying Your Deceased Wifes Sister Lawful? by danielmichael(m): 11:40am On Aug 05, 2015
I wil encumber the marriage
Re: Is Marrying Your Deceased Wifes Sister Lawful? by MosakuAW(m): 11:40am On Aug 05, 2015
Hmmmmm!

It's hard to say. Things of the heart is sometimes very dangerous to interfere in.
Re: Is Marrying Your Deceased Wifes Sister Lawful? by Nobody: 11:41am On Aug 05, 2015
in the south east, yes...
Re: Is Marrying Your Deceased Wifes Sister Lawful? by DFemaleBoss(f): 11:43am On Aug 05, 2015
First of all, am sorry about your mum's death and may her soul RIP.
I'll suggest you allow your dad marry her instead of marrying a total stranger who'll come in and start maltreating you and your siblings once she starts having her own kids, besides, you said she's been taking care of you lot even when your mum was still alive.

3 Likes

Re: Is Marrying Your Deceased Wifes Sister Lawful? by Captainswag225(m): 11:46am On Aug 05, 2015
its traditionally accepted but morally wrong.
Re: Is Marrying Your Deceased Wifes Sister Lawful? by Nobody: 11:49am On Aug 05, 2015
Op, which area are you from in the country? Some culture still supports that anyway. Although, Personally to me, it is very wrong. My opinion.
Re: Is Marrying Your Deceased Wifes Sister Lawful? by danielmichael(m): 11:52am On Aug 05, 2015
INTROVERT:
Have you talked to you dad about it. I guess its okay if you all love her and she in turn cares for you all as she had been doing before your mum's demise (bless her soul).
I don't think there is any constitutional or legal roadblock to the marriage except maybe traditional or family.

other superstitious Nigerians would say that maybe she had a hand in your mum's demise so as to have your dad.. please ignore those ones and keep an open mind. okay
Yha mking sense
Re: Is Marrying Your Deceased Wifes Sister Lawful? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Aug 05, 2015
I know of women marrying their deceased husband's brother. I have seen a Muslim marry his late wife's younger sister their reason is that she'll take care of the kids. This is the second time I'm hearing this.

Are you and your siblings that young, for him to be taking another wife? I wonder why aunty joy accepted the proposal.
Re: Is Marrying Your Deceased Wifes Sister Lawful? by Haywhymido(m): 12:16pm On Aug 05, 2015
May God see u through dis period
Re: Is Marrying Your Deceased Wifes Sister Lawful? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Aug 05, 2015
Hmmmmm..

Re: Is Marrying Your Deceased Wifes Sister Lawful? by Slimzjoe(m): 12:44pm On Aug 05, 2015
They're Is Nothing You can Do about the Marraige Son. If you Disagree with them and your Pops is one of those Men that Thinks with there Cane, Forget your Education cheesy
Re: Is Marrying Your Deceased Wifes Sister Lawful? by sainty2k3(m): 12:57pm On Aug 05, 2015
I really don't think there is something u can do about it. I don't think its right(my opinion though)
My advice for u is to safe ur head, that's ur dad's choice accept her, but be watchful.

We'll be shying away from the truth if we say some part of our heart is not saying she has a hand in ur mum's death, either true or false, just be watchful and prayerful
Re: Is Marrying Your Deceased Wifes Sister Lawful? by edwife(f): 1:06pm On Aug 05, 2015
I don't know what to make of this,but i don't see myself marrying my sister's husband-especially if i am a young lady. undecided
Re: Is Marrying Your Deceased Wifes Sister Lawful? by SAMBARRY: 1:11pm On Aug 05, 2015
It is INSEST !

END OF DISCUSSION

Any mod wey change I.sest to incest will develop sexual attraction for his mother angry

wetin sef angry

I go dey type something you go dey change am to another thing. What is incest sef angry

radarada angry

next
Re: Is Marrying Your Deceased Wifes Sister Lawful? by cococandy(f): 3:27pm On Aug 05, 2015
I'd rather my aunt who loves us become our step mom than a new strange woman. That's speaking from the point of view of a kid about to get a new step mom.

The hard part is wondering if there was something going on between them before your mom died. Hopefully there wasn't.

All things being equal and minus foul play, she's actually in the best position to take care of her sister's children than anyone else.

But speaking from a woman's point of view, anybody's ex (friend and sister or neighbor) is off the limits for me. I won't agree to marry such a man.
Re: Is Marrying Your Deceased Wifes Sister Lawful? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Aug 05, 2015
DFemaleBoss:
First of all, am sorry about your mum's death and may her soul RIP.
I'll suggest you allow your dad marry her instead of marrying a total stranger who'll come in and start maltreating you and your siblings once she starts having her own kids, besides, you said she's been taking care of you lot even when your mum was still alive.
seconded

(1) (Reply)

12 Lies Every Nigerian Children Have Told Their Parents / Please Help My Dad Hates Me / What Is The Best Job For A Woman?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.