Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,682 members, 7,827,531 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:07 PM

CBN Bans Deposits Into Domiciliary Account - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Bans Deposits Into Domiciliary Account (62590 Views)

Withdrawing From Domiciliary Account / How To Get Dollar Into Your Domiciliary Account / CBN Bans Use Of Dollars For Overseas Fees, Medical Trips (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Bans Deposits Into Domiciliary Account by Image123(m): 11:54pm On Aug 05, 2015
iretiland:
There is an urgent need to get this Dullard Emefiele out before he crashes the whole economy. It is only the dullard of the dullard that will hold the kind of office this man currently hold and think he can wage a successful war against the world's foremost currency, the USD. Emefiele lacks any economic brain.

Lol, you that have economic brain, what do you suggest?

1 Like

Re: CBN Bans Deposits Into Domiciliary Account by Boss13: 11:57pm On Aug 05, 2015
Sincere4u:

Not every body that has dollars looted from any source. Most of us earned it with our years of sweat and labour.

Sir, if that dollars is in your bank account, I would advise you exchange it to naira. If it is kept in your house, hit the black market tomorrow and exchange it to naira in order to get good value for it. The directive just ended the speculation game

3 Likes

Re: CBN Bans Deposits Into Domiciliary Account by Mars88(m): 11:57pm On Aug 05, 2015
owobokiri:

NgeneUkwunkita the village economist. What do you want to do with a "strong naira"?? This is not another political kiriji war. It is basic economics. I thought the APC wants to stimulate an export economy. . How can a powerful naira drive export? Lecture, sorry, humour us. .

u are a Picasso of sarcasm and this made my day

1 Like

Re: CBN Bans Deposits Into Domiciliary Account by Image123(m): 11:58pm On Aug 05, 2015
atlwireles:
Thousands of Nigerians living outside the country send products to their business partners and family members to sell on their behalf, thereafter return their monies back to them. This policy is going do damaged to these group of people. Many small import businesses have already been excluded from the forex market, even though their products are not prohibited, how will they make payments for products around the world?

This is another knee jerk reaction from the CBN, which will do the Naira and the economy no good.

Form A and M are viable options. Also, some business can be done with naira accounts. Hopefully, other countries would be forced to change policies and accept payments from naira accounts and cards if they want business to flow well like before. i think I'm loving Buharinomics.
Re: CBN Bans Deposits Into Domiciliary Account by igbizen(m): 12:01am On Aug 06, 2015
grin
RichDad1:
Barcanista rejoice not.
I can see where Baba is going here. All those useless looters that hoard Dollars during the past administration in the hope of impending economic doom can now eat their valueless paper. cheesy cheesy cheesy

exactly wat I was thinking, o Bob you need to see looting n changing. even agbero for warri dey convert d naira he oppress ppl to get into dollars and Euro and pounds. cheesy
RichDad1:
Barcanista rejoice not.
I can see where Baba is going here. All those useless looters that hoard Dollars during the past administration in the hope of impending economic doom can now eat their valueless paper. cheesy cheesy cheesy

exactly wat I was thinking, o Bob you need to see looting n changing. even agbero for warri dey convert d naira he oppress ppl to get into dollars and Euro and pounds.
Re: CBN Bans Deposits Into Domiciliary Account by Boss13: 12:04am On Aug 06, 2015
Image123:

Form A and M are viable options. Also, some business can be done with naira accounts. Hopefully, other countries would be forced to change policies and accept payments from naira accounts and cards if they want business to flow well like before. i think I'm loving Buharinomics.

Well with the president position and fight against corruption and illicit proceeds, our transparency international rating will improve and likewise, our anti-money laundering rating for FAT F. This will enable countries to consider doing business with us because the stringent rules will be relaxed and transactions emanating from Nigeria will be considered legitimate transactions.

Now you see why the fight against corruption is very important. It is like what the Christians call being Born Again and when old things are foregone and all things being new

2 Likes

Re: CBN Bans Deposits Into Domiciliary Account by ddbluv: 12:16am On Aug 06, 2015
Boss13:

They have just told you what to do - use your master card. I actually used my master card today to make payment for foreign services

No bank will sell foreign currency to you. This has stopped for a long while and now you cannot even deposit your foreign currency into any bank account whether domicillary or naira account

Me chonu... So I shouldnt carry $1 along abi..
Re: CBN Bans Deposits Into Domiciliary Account by Image123(m): 12:31am On Aug 06, 2015
Boss13:

Well with the president position and fight against corruption and illicit proceeds, our transparency international rating will improve and likewise, our anti-money laundering rating for FAT F. This will enable countries to consider doing business with us because the stringent rules will be relaxed and transactions emanating from Nigeria will be considered legitimate transactions.

Now you see why the fight against corruption is very important. It is like what the Christians call being Born Again and when old things are foregone and all things being new

Hehehe, I'm a Christian, you're right on the money. This country needs to be born again literally.

1 Like

Re: CBN Bans Deposits Into Domiciliary Account by Nobody: 12:39am On Aug 06, 2015
Boss13:

Sir, if that dollars is in your bank account, I would advise you exchange it to naira. If it is kept in your house, hit the black market tomorrow and exchange it to naira in order to get good value for it. The directive just ended the speculation game

Waaooow!!!, this is frightening really. I lost a lot when naira fell now the much i have in hard currency is being targeted. Will head for the bank ASAP. Thanks anyways. God save me this time else i go kill myself for Emefuleooo.

1 Like

Re: CBN Bans Deposits Into Domiciliary Account by 2sex(m): 12:44am On Aug 06, 2015
atlwireles:

You hit the nail on the head, this pretty much puts them out of business.
no... It doesn't
Re: CBN Bans Deposits Into Domiciliary Account by 2sex(m): 12:58am On Aug 06, 2015
Joe50:
last week i ordered for goods at aliexpress and i hope this policy won't affect the goods because it has not arrive yet. i used free shipping.

this is my first time to order from aliexpress with a test of $50.40

please how long will it get to Benin city. thanks.
it will not affect you. Electronic payments are not affected as long as you pay in naira while bank do the conversions for you into currency for payments.
Re: CBN Bans Deposits Into Domiciliary Account by gawu1: 1:02am On Aug 06, 2015
Asuokaa:

See en...most of your points bring out tribal issues not that ur trying to bring up tribal issues but most times it flare up ...see for example u make a comment on buhari, some group of ibo guys see it has an opportunity to become tribalistic which is wrong.. Buhari is a good man but in the wrong party direct it to the party more often not the man in charge u can't deny he is not trying
The likes of nmandi kalu I can bet come on nairaland to read comments or how can someone living in uk no more than we dat r living down in nigeria even femi adesina will always be on Nairaland.. Hope u get..so be more constructive bro... Nigeria is a country dat musnt fall I lost friends in this country dey payed with their life for it not minding their region at all... Soldiers r paying a price the politicians from the whole nigerians bought for us... Eg a captain and a lieutenant lost der lives this 2015 b4 buhari entered der first born were just 3months and 2weeks respectively.. We in the military r d one feeling the heat ...breakup is not something we want to see... And mind u am sure u knw BH was a political thing not religion that dey r bringing up nw
While many see him travelling a lot there r somethings he is doing dat most nigerians don't kwn..eg he travelled round troubled countries guess wat he discussed in summary "u guys just block BH from running while we destroy them".. But see we both knw dat this countries want glory not the end of BH, now it is biting dem hard

Like I said target the party not the individual
You took your time admonishing that unrepentant bigoted disgruntled tribalist. Good move, but I assured you he won't budge. From every of his post he always tries to sound educative with wandered facts, baseless criticism accentuated from his tribalist comatose brain to galvanize support from un suspected gullibles in the house on his open secret agenda.
Nothing good would come; such has been pre-set his mind set right from the day he realised power direction was out of reach of his someone. He's away from reality that Nigeria and Nigerians are there above and below him even from his own enclave angling who fathom life pragmatically rather than with subjective absurdity. The guy is crook and such he is. Nigeria must go abyss every facet so far its others not from his own shadeside. What an abysmal fellow.
Often at time, these kind dangerous creatures are misunderstood to mean realism on the solace of freedom of expressions, particularly with the pervasive social injustice that bedeviled our nation.
We say our country is not on the right tracks political and economic wise. Yet, every profound move for solution he would either fault or dismiss it outrightly, only because he wants his postulation and supposition that someone shouldn't have being in power to come to past? So, why won't he concentrate attack on individual? I guess he will hardly take to your advice. He's pained seriously.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Bans Deposits Into Domiciliary Account by 2sex(m): 1:03am On Aug 06, 2015
dvee2:
how about people that receive share dividend in Dollars into my Domiciliary account?
not affected in anyway. Wire Transfer is still very much available.
Re: CBN Bans Deposits Into Domiciliary Account by 2sex(m): 1:06am On Aug 06, 2015
Boss13:

I have concerns too. I think the CBN needs to educate the public. In a view of curbing money laundering, this directive is a welcome development, but my concern is for legitimate businesses. This also means if you travel and bring back dollars, no need keeping them or spending it here because it is useless
these set of people can wire the money into their dorm account before entering the country. Simple.
Re: CBN Bans Deposits Into Domiciliary Account by Kazrem(m): 1:30am On Aug 06, 2015
agarawu23:
when Gej appointed this man, he was dancing to his tone but as my oga @ the top don take over, CHANGE don cum. if na skelewu you dey dance follow gej before, it's high time you start dancing to fela old school music.

these are the fastest ways we can use to survive the fall of naira. Though it will affect some ppl but we have know choice cos we need to save our economy.

Stealing is now Corruption........
hi bro, what happen to aminat58? She's not been on nl and didn't reply for a while now
Re: CBN Bans Deposits Into Domiciliary Account by Nobody: 2:00am On Aug 06, 2015
Neighboring countries are going to profit from this silly policy by the dullard. The rich Nigerians and expatriates are going to be taking dollars through the borders and deposit them in domiciliary accounts in those countries thereby contributing to their economies and might leads to appreciation of their currencies. It is based on the law of demand and supply in many cases. Money laundering just took a new turn in Nigeria.
Re: CBN Bans Deposits Into Domiciliary Account by Nobody: 2:02am On Aug 06, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
President Buhari, do all you can to protect our naira, even if it takes suspending the current Clueless CBN Governor who only makes knee jerk decisions on major macro economic policies!

May God Bless Buhari For Us!!!
why must u post buhari wearing an igbo attire?? Has the mallam metamophocised to an igbo man??
Re: CBN Bans Deposits Into Domiciliary Account by InvertedHammer: 2:34am On Aug 06, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has banned the payment of cash into domiciliary accounts in the country..... “For foreign currency cash lodgments made prior to the date of this circular, the account holder has the option to either withdraw his or her foreign currency cash or the Naira equivalent"

Really? Retroactive law!

For the avoidance of doubt, only wire transfers to and from Domiciliary Accounts are henceforth permissible.

In other words, if you have no foreign account for interbank foreign currency transfer, you are screwed! Crazy
Tough time for importers ahead. I hope the Form M and A will be readily available

By this circular, those who deposited foreign currencies into their accounts before the directive will now have to withdraw the cash as they are not going to be allowed to transfer the funds.

What is the timeline for the deposit? Up to 5,10,20 years ago?
Re: CBN Bans Deposits Into Domiciliary Account by Nobody: 2:39am On Aug 06, 2015
atlwireles:

You hit the nail on the head, this pretty much puts them out of business.
. Transact electronically using visa, MasterCard etc. Black market if possible should be dicouraged
Re: CBN Bans Deposits Into Domiciliary Account by InvertedHammer: 2:42am On Aug 06, 2015
Image123:

/
I like your optimism as highlighted.

Hope is the keyword.
\
Re: CBN Bans Deposits Into Domiciliary Account by InvertedHammer: 2:48am On Aug 06, 2015
/
OP misrepresented the content of the CBN memo.

CBN did not ban cash deposits into Domiciliary Accounts.

CBN is enforcing the use of Form A and Form M to make cash deposits into Domiciliary accounts.

What is the OP' s motive for this distorted and malicious headline?

\
cc: NgeneUkwenu
Re: CBN Bans Deposits Into Domiciliary Account by nobeku: 2:49am On Aug 06, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
stale news, barcanista don deal wif dis topic before.
Is Barcanista your Alpha and Omega?Have a mind of your own naa...

3 Likes

Re: CBN Bans Deposits Into Domiciliary Account by not4sure(m): 3:17am On Aug 06, 2015
popcykaylah:

sorry if I may ask how does this concern Gboys?don't see where fg ban western union in the post and don't see where them dey search maye for airport for cash and seems you don't know there's a way boys dey get thier cash here in naija..bros you are soooo 2000 and late
Gboys have to convert to the foreign currency fro western union and the question is how long will black market hold on ? and you remember that banks has been instructed to trade in nara

1 Like

Re: CBN Bans Deposits Into Domiciliary Account by nobeku: 3:29am On Aug 06, 2015
ERODEDEAST:
cheesy. @Activa, funny enough I discovered the sexuality section is where you take your refuge circus clown, besides you are talking about conduct and ignorance spreading. Who is being foolish now the moment one has a different opinion from you Masturbators the next thing is to rush and call such fellow names. Why won't boo.hari be called names its glaring he is a "Blocked Head" ... Still waiting for 1$ = #1.
DUNDEE !!!!!simple English you cannot spoke....hahahahahahahahahahahaha...
Re: CBN Bans Deposits Into Domiciliary Account by easyelliot(m): 3:34am On Aug 06, 2015
Isn't the title misleading? So can u or can u not deposit money into a Dom account?
Re: CBN Bans Deposits Into Domiciliary Account by aumoria(m): 3:42am On Aug 06, 2015
What happens to goods bought from proceeds from black market when they arrive?
Re: CBN Bans Deposits Into Domiciliary Account by MacPython: 4:33am On Aug 06, 2015
please guys how can obtain Form A, especially for student traveling outside the country if u don't want to use parallel market.

thanks
Re: CBN Bans Deposits Into Domiciliary Account by dallyemmy: 4:50am On Aug 06, 2015
I don't think it is correct destroying our currency totally like Zimbabwe before we can stimulate export. China currency has not been disvalued at the rate of our own currency devaluation and still remains number one exporting nation in the world!
owobokiri:

NgeneUkwunkita the village economist. What do you want to do with a "strong naira"?? This is not another political kiriji war. It is basic economics. I thought the APC wants to stimulate an export economy. . How can a powerful naira drive export? Lecture, sorry, humour us. .

1 Like

Re: CBN Bans Deposits Into Domiciliary Account by Image123(m): 5:53am On Aug 06, 2015
gawu1:

We say our country is not on the right tracks political and economic wise. Yet, every profound move for solution he would either fault or dismiss it outrightly, only because he wants his postulation and supposition that someone shouldn't have being in power to come to past? So, why won't he concentrate attack on individual? I guess he will hardly take to your advice. He's pained seriously.

barcanista, take note of the above perfect "adjective".

1 Like

Re: CBN Bans Deposits Into Domiciliary Account by Image123(m): 5:57am On Aug 06, 2015
all4naija:
Neighboring countries are going to profit from this silly policy by the dullard. The rich Nigerians and expatriates are going to be taking dollars through the borders and deposit them in domiciliary accounts in those countries thereby contributing to their economies and might leads to appreciation of their currencies. It is based on the law of demand and supply in many cases. Money laundering just took a new turn in Nigeria.

Yes o, we were hopeless before.
Re: CBN Bans Deposits Into Domiciliary Account by Image123(m): 6:05am On Aug 06, 2015
all4naija:

Thought you guys were of the opinion that parallel rates didn't really affect the economy? When naira strengthened from 240 to 209/dollar, your likes said the rate has been 197/dollar and that's the rate that matters. Okay, we'll forgive that, so what do you suggest as you're all for Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: CBN Bans Deposits Into Domiciliary Account by Boss13: 6:14am On Aug 06, 2015
all4naija:

That's their fat luck. If they want to spend it, spend it in those countries. Another area to strengthen is customs so that these people do not smuggle assets especially illegal assets into the country

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why You Should Do Business In Onitsha / See The Torn N1000 Note I Got From An ATM / Women Now Making Jewelry Out Of Their Partner's Semen In Kinky New Trend (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.