Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,960 members, 7,814,251 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:53 AM

I Shouldn't Have Been So Nice: Now What Do I Do? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Shouldn't Have Been So Nice: Now What Do I Do? (1598 Views)

My Friends Said, I Shouldn't Marry An Edo Girl / My Bf Said I Shouldn't Visit Nairaland Again / Why I Shouldn't Give Him My Number (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Shouldn't Have Been So Nice: Now What Do I Do? by Dreamer063: 1:42pm On Sep 28, 2006
So I have this problem, there is this guy at work, and through a series of very naive and very innocent choices, this guy is totally in love with me, but i don't even like this guy at all! I was just being nice! does anyone have any advice? I need to tell him to back off as he's become REALLY attatched to me, but i feel so bad! my mom keeps telling me to be myself, but being myself has gotten me into this mess, but i don't know how to be anyone else! so if you have any advice, it would be much appreciated

Thanks,
!L!
Re: I Shouldn't Have Been So Nice: Now What Do I Do? by Olumide7(m): 4:30pm On Sep 28, 2006
sedduce him then give him a dirty slap on his face just when he starts enjoying the heat of the moment. Then say to his face in a gentle manner "Don't you get it!!! I don't like you" He will pick race.
Re: I Shouldn't Have Been So Nice: Now What Do I Do? by Dvampire(m): 5:00pm On Sep 28, 2006
hmmm, tricky one there i must say. let me think well abeg.
Re: I Shouldn't Have Been So Nice: Now What Do I Do? by bechex(m): 6:56pm On Sep 28, 2006
U said the guy is in love with u, i'd like to know if u are assuming this from his actions or if he has come all out to tell u that loves u. If u r assuming this from his actions, then i will adbvise u to also show from ur actions that he is amere friend. If he has come all out to tell u that he loves u then my advise is that u come out and let him know that u dont feel the same about him.
Re: I Shouldn't Have Been So Nice: Now What Do I Do? by izoneb(f): 2:57am On Sep 29, 2006
He could be mistaking your niceness for love like someone already said if he comes out straight then make him know your mind.Q.E.D
Re: I Shouldn't Have Been So Nice: Now What Do I Do? by kike001(f): 2:49pm On Sep 29, 2006
just tell him how u feel just say u just wanna be friends or keep avoidin him he will get dca message sooner or later but tell him soon so dat he will no where he stand n dont encourage him dat u like him n stop being nice a little
Re: I Shouldn't Have Been So Nice: Now What Do I Do? by Kajiang02(m): 7:02pm On Oct 02, 2006
don't u think d guy may just want u guys 2 b friends & u'll just blow your dirty intensions 2 him if u cal him 2 caution.
B very wise & play lik nutin is happenin and wait 4 him 2 misyarn before u blow up'''''''

don't b harsh
Re: I Shouldn't Have Been So Nice: Now What Do I Do? by neelsel(f): 7:23pm On Oct 02, 2006
feel your pain girlfriend.
The truth is the majority of guys read into things differently than we females do. I had a similar situation at the last college I attended.
There was this Russian guy whose english was terrible. We were together in a Creative writing class which required a vast amount of creativity on our part. Being very concern I volunteer my services after I found out he was only a couple blocks from my house.
Would you believe before long all the other people in our class began calling us a couple. At first I laughed but really took matters into my hands upon finding out that he was the instigator.
My advice to you is to 'nip it in the butt' now before you know you have a psychopath on your hand. Tell him calmly but very firm you are not appreciative of his coming on to you. Don't lie to save his feelings, let your sanity be of greater importance here.
Best of luck,
Re: I Shouldn't Have Been So Nice: Now What Do I Do? by queen56: 2:51pm On Aug 11, 2009
i think at all times the line must be drawn cos most men mistake being nice to wanting them wink
Re: I Shouldn't Have Been So Nice: Now What Do I Do? by izeek(m): 3:02pm On Aug 11, 2009
and u need advise on what to do?
u dont think u need to set this dude straight!
tell it as it is girl, u dont love him.
unless u have a seductive, string me along spirit.
Re: I Shouldn't Have Been So Nice: Now What Do I Do? by IFELEKE(m): 3:32pm On Aug 11, 2009
@Poster,
Was he vocal about it? I mean did he profess to you or you just assumed by his actions?
If he professed then I'll advise you tell him politely that you value and appreciate his friendship BUT you don't see it going any further than that.
And If you assumed because of his actions then i suggest you respond via your actions too(which can be in various forms. . .)

(1) (Reply)

Which Tribe Would You Not Marry From? / Your View / 12 Things Men Like In Women More Than Good Looks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.