Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,924 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

My Rejoinder To Joe Igbokwe The Lagos State APC Publicity Secretary - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Rejoinder To Joe Igbokwe The Lagos State APC Publicity Secretary (871 Views)

Obasanjo Apologises To Joe Odumakin Over May 2004 Manhandling / PDP-USA Supports Lere Olayinka As National Publicity Secretary / My Rejoinder To UNILAG Student Alledging Discrimination At Benbruce@60 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Rejoinder To Joe Igbokwe The Lagos State APC Publicity Secretary by naslinks(m): 12:29pm On Aug 06, 2015
My Rejoinder to Joe Igbokwe the Lagos State APC publicity Secretary who opined that Ndi Igbo should play opposition for 10years and finally lambasted the Igbo tribe for politics of instability, selfishness and sycophancy.
Good point by Joe Igbokwe, he deserve an accolade. I will advice we stop such follow follow politics.
The idea of a bloc vote from ndi Igbo is never for me a bad one and if we lose,so be it. Yet as good as his opinion is we must not fail to say,that he should direct them to the sycophants.His points are clear and goes direct to that Igbo person whose power corridorization has been spotted.
However, my problem is not that Igbokwe bears Igbokwe(If Igbo agree) but that his Igboness is suspicious.
Otherwise after a well articulated beginning he resorted to a conclusion that only rains insult on himself and not on Ndi Igbo.
Advice of playing opposition is noted but one thing I know is that in the mind of a spoken word or action are two things.
1.The intention of an act and the act itself.
2.The literal meaning of the word spoken and connotative, interpretation of the words by conceptualization.
Thus, Igbokwe's vulgarism tends to expose his selfishness.
He will not want any Igbo man come near the corridor of power where him and his employers APC had card-rigged Lagos into Ikorodu lagoon. His example of Yoruba in the opposition since amalgamation(not even in the 60s) became incongruous. Taking cognizance of the post independent massacre in the North of Ndi Igbo and the genocide mission carried out on the same people. What of Reconstruction,Rehabilitation, Reconciliation that built the National Stadium, Third mainland bridge,National theatre and later Festac?
Do we talk about the top20 naira given to the same people(their total bank account cash withdrawal irrespective of their account balance) whose house was devastated in order to exclude them from the right of indigenization policy made to further alienate them when even the educated Ken Sarowiwa occupied an Igbo man's house in Port Harcourt in the abandon property Gowonism. He(Gowon) gave a lecture last year at Chukwuemeka Odimegwu OJUKWU University (COOU)-Igbariam,to cover up lies by claiming what he never did to avert the 30 months egoistic mission. And Sir Louis OJUKWU's sweat becomes WAEC,Lion building etc. Yorubas in Igbokwe's opposition then,with the Hausas obtains loan to own Dunlop, Chevron, Volkswagen etc and when few years later, that some Ndi Igbo climbed by persistence to certain economic sustainability,mostly subjugating the education rights of firstborns, started buying major shares in those companies, the Yorubas liquidates Dunlop, and its likes. Normal, the debtors of the bankrupt companies will be arrested and made to pay the last kobo and no attention to the part owners because the knowledge of their ethnic nationality had made them losers.
Today a people takes up arms against themselves. They displaced themselves internally in the North East. But $2bn has been borrowed quickly to rehabilitate them even before the territory is conquered. Igbokwe please, " Igboekweghi"na nkea" Ndi Igbo disagrees with you on the premises that you are selfishly rending self-centered articles against your people. Your written words and our perception of your intention are diametrically at variance.
Re: My Rejoinder To Joe Igbokwe The Lagos State APC Publicity Secretary by SouthernBreeze(m): 12:30pm On Aug 06, 2015
K
Re: My Rejoinder To Joe Igbokwe The Lagos State APC Publicity Secretary by Nobody: 12:35pm On Aug 06, 2015
Dat igbokwe of a being is not an igbo man
Re: My Rejoinder To Joe Igbokwe The Lagos State APC Publicity Secretary by size40: 1:43pm On Aug 06, 2015
The writer of this piece of nonsense need to be flogged publicly. Why do the Igbos keep crying day and night? Making steady reference to a cilvil that has come and gone many years ago? The civil war which they themselves started by carrying out the first coup in our country which led to the death of some prominent Nigerians. What Joe Igbokwe wrote was a master piece which any sensible Igbo man or woman should applaud. The Igbos are their own worst enemies. Where is the sense which the Igbos Bragg themselves of having when it comes to political calculations in Nigeria? . They will cry from morning to night, from Monday to Sunday and from January to December over nothing. Haba! Abeg make una give us space Jare. Nigeria is moving forward una dey one corner dey wail like bush babies.

1 Like

Re: My Rejoinder To Joe Igbokwe The Lagos State APC Publicity Secretary by oduastates: 1:51pm On Aug 06, 2015
What has Lagos got to do with the choices made by the SE in the political realm.
This obsession with Lagos is getting out of hands .
the North played both sides of the equation by allowing their politicians to be affiliated with whichever party they want to be associated with. The SW and the South South are well represented. Unlike what you read online , many SS professional and business elites did not like nor did they support Jonathan . They only kept mute to protect their interest.

Third mainland bridge - as if that is enough to pay for the amount of money that the Nigerian state has been taking from the SW since independence . It is not worth what the FG is taking away every month .

National art theatre - the land on which it is built (which belongs to a royal family in Lagos) is worth multiple times the value of that derelict building .
They could as well dig it up and take away .

Indigenisation - indigenisation was simply the act of decolonisation which was the trend all over the world at the time especially in Africa against the apartheid regimes in Zimbabwe and South Africa . Nothing to do with one deluded thought of conspiracy. Even the stuffs indigenised belonged or were controlled to Europeans ,Asians and American ,not igbos

N20 policy: I always hear this dumb argument. I have never heard anyone arguing against those who had no bank account at all, not to talk of having N20 but got N20 ( which was money you cannot sniff at back in the days ).
Even today , most Nigerians do not have a bank account and if they do have one ,many do not have a penny in those accounts.
On the economic side , Nigeria did not even have that kind of money. The national budget was in the millions of naira , not in trillions of today . Even the amount given ran very close to the national budget Also , there was no way the FG could have made the SE elites . whole( Most likely would have removed their money anyway before the war started)
On the Biafran currency , only a fool would expect the FGN to exchange the worthless currency at parity with the naira .
Whatever value it had or could have had within Biafra had already been destroyed used by ojukwu's government to fund his war . That is why many Igbo elites had millions of Biafran pounds on them after the war . They went on money printing orgy.
Making igbos exchange an adequately gold backed currency naira for one (Biafran pounds) backed by nothing ,is like exchange an Mercedes for a bottle of Alomo bitters.
Ojukwu collected the naira and gave them a worthless piece of paper

1 Like

Re: My Rejoinder To Joe Igbokwe The Lagos State APC Publicity Secretary by jmoore(m): 3:11pm On Aug 06, 2015
You still never get sense, abi?

Is Igbokwe an Igbo man? If yes, why is he in APC? He should join the opposition.

Nonsense!!!

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians March In Support Of President Buhari's War Against Corruption / What Is The Most Corrupt Agencies/parastatals In Nigeria After NNPC / Chad Is A Co-conspirator With Boko Haram - Fulan Nasrullah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.