Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,872 members, 7,810,320 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:00 AM

Pls How Does A Federal Appointment To My Tribesman Benefit Me And My Tribe? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pls How Does A Federal Appointment To My Tribesman Benefit Me And My Tribe? (1306 Views)

Federal Appointment: Replace Okorocha's Daughter With Me; Imo Youth To Buhari / Buhari As A Federal Commissioner Of Petroleum (1970s Throwback Photo) / "Don't Touch My Tribesman", But What Does A Bigot Benefit? (A must read for All) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls How Does A Federal Appointment To My Tribesman Benefit Me And My Tribe? by rudebouy: 10:51pm On Aug 06, 2015
Am curious becos of how the igbos are crying abt being marginalized. So I began to ask myself: If an Akwa Ibom man is appointed as the DG of NAFDAC or the Minister of Health today, how does dat benefit me as an Akwa Ibomite and how does dat benefit the Akwa Ibom ppl as a whole?

I wd rily appreciate sensible responses pls.

Tankio.

5 Likes

Re: Pls How Does A Federal Appointment To My Tribesman Benefit Me And My Tribe? by Jimmydeji(m): 10:54pm On Aug 06, 2015
ask federal govt
Re: Pls How Does A Federal Appointment To My Tribesman Benefit Me And My Tribe? by kingslly(m): 10:55pm On Aug 06, 2015
Sense of Belonging atleast.
Re: Pls How Does A Federal Appointment To My Tribesman Benefit Me And My Tribe? by tpiander: 10:59pm On Aug 06, 2015
you'll hire a few of your tribesmen and also might be able to influence some contracts for your state.

1 Like

Re: Pls How Does A Federal Appointment To My Tribesman Benefit Me And My Tribe? by Happiness87(f): 11:03pm On Aug 06, 2015
tpiander:
you'll hire a few of your tribesmen and also might be able to influence some contracts for your state.

its all about immediate family and friends and political class
Re: Pls How Does A Federal Appointment To My Tribesman Benefit Me And My Tribe? by Deltagiant: 11:06pm On Aug 06, 2015
rudebouy:
Am curious becos of how the igbos are crying abt being marginalized. So I began to ask myself: If an Akwa Ibom man is appointed as the DG of NAFDAC or the Minister of Health today, how does dat benefit me as an Akwa Ibomite and how does dat benefit the Akwa Ibom ppl as a whole?

I wd rily appreciate sensible responses pls.

Tankio.

Cognitive bias. You would have made more sense if you had not singled the Igbo out. Did i not read about the several trips made by the Yoruba leaders to Abuja... to GEJ for the same reason? Even the Hausa/Fulani....

4 Likes

Re: Pls How Does A Federal Appointment To My Tribesman Benefit Me And My Tribe? by rudebouy: 11:06pm On Aug 06, 2015
tpiander:

So wot happens to the ppl I employed when ma tenure is over and a new boss comes in? Assuming the demand for labour and salary budget in that particular parastatal remains constant? Does dat mean day lose dia jobs afta 4 yrs?

Abt the contracts, has der been history of any such sponsored or spearheaded in the past dat improved the gdp or improved the standard of living of the ppl of dat tribe?

1 Like

Re: Pls How Does A Federal Appointment To My Tribesman Benefit Me And My Tribe? by EndtimeBlessing: 11:13pm On Aug 06, 2015
I have asked people this same question several times, but no satisfactory answer. However, I think people just like to get carried away with 'feel good factor'.

A good example is someone claiming he has a football club thousands of kilometers away in England. When the club wins he feels happy because he has decided to attach happiness to such an event.

For me, it will make no difference to me if someone from Ghana or my village is appointed into a position; if you have developed your mind to this level I congratulate you.

2 Likes

Re: Pls How Does A Federal Appointment To My Tribesman Benefit Me And My Tribe? by rudebouy: 11:16pm On Aug 06, 2015
kingslly:
Sense of Belonging atleast.

Okay, does "sense of belonging" create jobs, improve gdp and security? Or is a sense of belonging now among the most important needs and top priority of an ethnic group?

Does dat mean if President Buhari shd ask my ppl for their top 3 needs, we can add "sense of belonging" to the list?

2 Likes

Re: Pls How Does A Federal Appointment To My Tribesman Benefit Me And My Tribe? by kingslly(m): 11:22pm On Aug 06, 2015
rudebouy:

Okay, does "sense of belonging" create jobs, improve gdp and security? Or is a sense of belonging now among the most important needs and top priority of an ethnic group?

Does dat mean if President Buhari shd ask my ppl for their top 3 needs, we can add "sense of belonging" to the list?
okay lemme speak ur language. How does the activities of a particular ethnic group dat u r not part of affect ur life,khow does your thread affect anything?

2 Likes

Re: Pls How Does A Federal Appointment To My Tribesman Benefit Me And My Tribe? by rudebouy: 11:36pm On Aug 06, 2015
kingslly:
okay lemme speak ur language. How does the activities of a particular ethnic group dat u r not part of affect ur life,khow does your thread affect anything?

I dont know, but I'd appreciate it if you tell me.
Re: Pls How Does A Federal Appointment To My Tribesman Benefit Me And My Tribe? by hinwazaka: 11:44pm On Aug 06, 2015
If you need to know, go and read up in your bible the story of Mordecai and Esther. The selection of your kinsman may not affect you directly but the fact that you are being represented in the government is a plus which you can't discount
In a despotic government its only minorities who are not represented that are selected for ethnic cleansing and genocide, full stop.

1 Like

Re: Pls How Does A Federal Appointment To My Tribesman Benefit Me And My Tribe? by mikolo80: 12:35am On Aug 07, 2015
Deltagiant:

Cognitive bias. You would have made more sense if you had not singled the Igbo out. Did i not read about the several trips made by the Yoruba leaders to Abuja... to GEJ for the same reason? Even the Hausa/Fulani....
as he said
Yoruba leaders not Yoruba
Ibo leaders say e no matter
but igbo ppl carry am for head
Re: Pls How Does A Federal Appointment To My Tribesman Benefit Me And My Tribe? by sweetgala(m): 12:38am On Aug 07, 2015
hinwazaka:
If you need to know, go and read up in your bible the story of Mordecai and Esther. The selection of your kinsman may not affect you directly but the fact that you are being represented in the government is a plus which you can't discount
In a despotic government its only minorities who are not represented that are selected for ethnic cleansing and genocide, full stop.

That was a story of divine excellence and God's choice not a human sentiment of "feeling carried along"
Re: Pls How Does A Federal Appointment To My Tribesman Benefit Me And My Tribe? by tpiander: 12:56am On Aug 07, 2015
rudebouy:

So wot happens to the ppl I employed when ma tenure is over and a new boss comes in? Assuming the demand for labour and salary budget in that particular parastatal remains constant? Does dat mean day lose dia jobs afta 4 yrs?

ideally, they are not supposed to, but whatever obtains is what goes.

Abt the contracts, has der been history of any such sponsored or spearheaded in the past dat improved the gdp or improved the standard of living of the ppl of dat tribe?

highly doubtful.

those in the know, should tell or show us.
Re: Pls How Does A Federal Appointment To My Tribesman Benefit Me And My Tribe? by hinwazaka: 5:16am On Aug 07, 2015
sweetgala:

That was a story of divine excellence and God's choice not a human sentiment of "feeling carried along"

That was a story about politics and the importance of political representation
Re: Pls How Does A Federal Appointment To My Tribesman Benefit Me And My Tribe? by KanwuliaJara: 5:20am On Aug 07, 2015
Looking for my 'JOHNNY'!

Kwestion! cheesy
Re: Pls How Does A Federal Appointment To My Tribesman Benefit Me And My Tribe? by sweetgala(m): 6:33am On Aug 07, 2015
hinwazaka:

That was a story about politics and the importance of political representation

Political representation, when was the last time that had a significant influence on communities outside promotion of nepotism. The only viable political representation good enough is to have functioning FG. SG and LGA. Provision of the true dividends of democracy . good roads, clean water, good medical care, promotion of industry and employment opportunities.

If you need a federal voice in ABJ I'm sure your constituency elected reps to the NASS lower and upper house at least one each. Ministers have a duty to the nation as a whole and answer to the president , they can be empowered and sacked at his will, your senator is there by your vote and only you can provide a vote of no confidence.
Re: Pls How Does A Federal Appointment To My Tribesman Benefit Me And My Tribe? by jimi4us: 7:13am On Aug 07, 2015
its only in Nigeria things like dis matters. Obasanjo ruled for 8 years does that stop our brothers from South West to stop breeding thieves and agberos? NO!!
Re: Pls How Does A Federal Appointment To My Tribesman Benefit Me And My Tribe? by docsholz(m): 7:18am On Aug 07, 2015
jimi4us:
its only in Nigeria things like dis matters. Obasanjo ruled for 8 years does that stop our brothers from South West to stop breeding thieves and agberos? NO!!
. Eyaah Jimi lost grin
Re: Pls How Does A Federal Appointment To My Tribesman Benefit Me And My Tribe? by jimi4us: 7:19am On Aug 07, 2015
the northerners have ruled for so many years, does that eradicate poverty from their land? NO!!
so who is fooling who.
appointment dis appointment that. benefit KO belle full ni.
Re: Pls How Does A Federal Appointment To My Tribesman Benefit Me And My Tribe? by jimi4us: 7:20am On Aug 07, 2015
docsholz:
. Eyaah Jimi lost grin
at least we shook Lagos state, now they know we own dis Lagos. #no mans land.
Re: Pls How Does A Federal Appointment To My Tribesman Benefit Me And My Tribe? by Nobody: 7:55am On Aug 07, 2015
Even as small as AkwaIbom is, the constituent ethnic groups are fighting and killing themselves everyday for things as common as state cabinet appointments, not to mention legislative representation. Last I heard the seaport that was mapped out to be in ibaka has been moved to somewhere on the ibeno coastline with fiat and you still think sensible government representation is meant to be just figurehead appointments? If your zone is not represented in the federal executive council, how does the executive arm of government know you even exist? In the past, maybe such positions may have only affected the lives of the immediate families of the appointees because there's always been square pegs in round holes and appointments before now has been a means to reward political loyalty at the expense of public service. As long as the country still chooses to be a federation, all political zones (not ethnic) must be represented in all arms of government. And you had to single out a particular tribe, is the country divided into tribes?.....am choosing to reply to your post because apparently you're not one of them, don't get carried along by the bandwagon.
Re: Pls How Does A Federal Appointment To My Tribesman Benefit Me And My Tribe? by Nobody: 7:57am On Aug 07, 2015
Deltagiant:

Exactly! Don't mind him he is a stup1d lad what does he know anyway.
Re: Pls How Does A Federal Appointment To My Tribesman Benefit Me And My Tribe? by rudebouy: 11:13am On Aug 07, 2015
engrkenny:
by the bandwagon.

The only true representation at the federal level dat I know are the senators and h.o.rep members. Now, how many constituents in Nigeria have actually felt the representation of dia senators and h.o. Rep membas?

My state receives monthly allocation plus royalties from oil companies which the govt uses for capital projects. So how does a federal appointment or the federal executive council benefit my state? In fact, how many states have actually benefited directly from representation at the federal executive council?

So which is more important, the government knowing dat we exist without any federal economic benefit to show for it, or we as a ppl taking full responsibility for our own economic situation and making good use of our resources?

So how exactly does Akwa Ibom state benefit when an Akwa Ibom man becomes the next Minister of Information? I wd appreciate facts and nugget point pls, not assertions and possibilities.

Thanks.
Re: Pls How Does A Federal Appointment To My Tribesman Benefit Me And My Tribe? by lexy2014: 12:18pm On Aug 07, 2015
sweetgala:

Political representation, when was the last time that had a significant influence on communities outside promotion of nepotism. The only viable political representation good enough is to have functioning FG. SG and LGA. Provision of the true dividends of democracy . good roads, clean water, good medical care, promotion of industry and employment opportunities.

If you need a federal voice in ABJ I'm sure your constituency elected reps to the NASS lower and upper house at least one each. Ministers have a duty to the nation as a whole and answer to the president , they can be empowered and sacked at his will, your senator is there by your vote and only you can provide a vote of no confidence.
your submission is world class. a lot of nigerians are still ignorant as to d workings of the country. many still dont know of their social contract with their elected representatives

1 Like

Re: Pls How Does A Federal Appointment To My Tribesman Benefit Me And My Tribe? by Chubhie: 12:23pm On Aug 07, 2015
Bragging rights and few limited political currency which is likely to result in one or two borehole centres with an ill equipped health centre for the pregnant mothers.
Re: Pls How Does A Federal Appointment To My Tribesman Benefit Me And My Tribe? by tpiander: 2:44pm On Aug 07, 2015
Blacks typically are in the habit of fighting over peanuts.

(1) (Reply)

FG, STATES, Lgs Shared N511.799 Billion In July / The Poison In Further Devaluation Of The Naira. / Some Funny Buhari Quotes You Won't Forget In A Hurry (strictly For PDP Fans)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.