Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,389 members, 7,861,074 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:11 PM

Seriously, Can Nigeria Ever Be Rebranded - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seriously, Can Nigeria Ever Be Rebranded (1241 Views)

Can The PDP Be Rebranded? / Can Nigeria Ever Be Super World Power / Seriously Can Nigeria Be Developed In 18 Months? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seriously, Can Nigeria Ever Be Rebranded by 7eleven: 11:24pm On Mar 20, 2009
angry WHAT IS WITH ALL THIS TALK OF REBRANDING?
HOW WILL IT HELP THE COMMON NIGERIAN?
THERE'S NO LIGHT, COST OF LIVING IS HIGH , AND YET THIS TALK OF REBRANDING HAS TAKEN OVER FROM WHERE HEART OF AFRICA STOPPED. ALL FOR WHAT ?? ??

HAVE YOU HEARD OF THE BUZZ NEWS WEBSITE.  ITS A SITE WHERE YOU CAN PUBLISH YOUR OWN NEWS ARTICLES! EVERYONE HAS A STORY TO TELL,
FEELINGS TO SHARE, EXPERIENCES TO NARRATE AND VIEWS TO EXPRESS, SO LET IT OUT ON THE BUZZ NEWS SITE. ADDRESS IS http://buzz.6te.net
Re: Seriously, Can Nigeria Ever Be Rebranded by 7eleven: 11:19pm On Mar 22, 2009
cry I TOLD AN OKADA MAN THAT WEV'E BEEN REBRANDED. HE HISSED AND ASKED ME IF I WANTED TO HAVE A RIDE OR WASTE HIS TIME. HE OBVIOUSLY WAS UNIMPRESSED BY THE WHOLE THING.
Re: Seriously, Can Nigeria Ever Be Rebranded by proudly9ja(m): 11:28pm On Mar 22, 2009
I think we should understand a bit of this rebranding issue. This is totally my view:

Noone denies the fact that Nigeria has got issues but do we all agree that the solution to most of these issues is in the hands of private investors not Government? and whether we like it or not, a large chunk of this private investors are outside the shores.

So the key question is, how do we attract them? Obasanjo did a lot of travelling in his first few years as President. We all have seen the result in telecomms and other areas of the economy (Im not an OBJ fan by the way). For me, the next stage in this process is rebranding. Its just like running ads on TV and radio. The impression people have in Nigeria is that 'you cannot do business with Nigerians' ala Oprah Winfrey. A rebranding should help remake this image at least to an extent. Chikwele started it as information minister under OBJ regime, unfortunately, he was removed and Nweke Jr that took over from him was a total failure. I think thats what Dora is trying to do again.

Eventually, it will trickle down to the masses. I remember it was the same way people critisized OBJ for his constant travels back then.

Just my tots
Re: Seriously, Can Nigeria Ever Be Rebranded by strangleyo: 2:28am On Mar 23, 2009
Not without anything to show for it.
Re: Seriously, Can Nigeria Ever Be Rebranded by Nobody: 3:25am On Mar 23, 2009
@Topic
Yes, 9ja can be re-brande but ther would always be a 'IF' syndrome, dont ask me if what.
Re: Seriously, Can Nigeria Ever Be Rebranded by 7eleven: 9:19am On Mar 25, 2009
brein:

@Topic
Yes, 9ja can be re-brande but ther would always be a 'IF' syndrome, dont ask me if what.

cheesy I am sorry, I have to ask u if what?
Re: Seriously, Can Nigeria Ever Be Rebranded by ikeyman00(m): 10:16am On Mar 25, 2009
this is what rebranded nigeria will look like!

at least 18hrs steady power for a start!

2; good and thick roads nation-wide

3 cheap and avalable food security!

4 moderate health care nation wide

5good and moderate middle class

etc

so until those asshole-rock desist from fooling around then we know what up

oh yea bla bla cuz the foreign investors think bad about naija, yea yea

make dem de wait for oyibo

unless amoebos!!!
Re: Seriously, Can Nigeria Ever Be Rebranded by jamace(m): 1:51pm On Mar 25, 2009
The cassock does not make the monk. Just as the cassock only show externally to identify, the onus of being a real priest is in the person wearing the cassock.

So, the new brand name is only good to the extent in which we exhude good ethical behaviours in governance and in general living.
Re: Seriously, Can Nigeria Ever Be Rebranded by deb(m): 1:57pm On Mar 25, 2009
Seriously, Can Nigeria Ever Be Rebranded?

There is nothing impossible with God
Re: Seriously, Can Nigeria Ever Be Rebranded by Eziachi: 5:26pm On Mar 25, 2009
Rebranding Nigeria is like washing a dirty pig for a hollywood red carpet reception, only for him to turn up looking worse than before his wash, because he has gone back to it's natural habitat (the mud).
Those rebranding Nigeria should first of all rebrand themselves, first by bringing back all the their looted public funds starched in secret banks all over the world. Then they can start with Nigeria as a whole.
Re: Seriously, Can Nigeria Ever Be Rebranded by Eziachi: 5:29pm On Mar 25, 2009
deb:

Seriously, Can Nigeria Ever Be Rebranded?

There is nothing impossible with God

Hey!!
God is not a Nigerian. He has more important things to occupy him.
Re: Seriously, Can Nigeria Ever Be Rebranded by Nobody: 11:51pm On Mar 25, 2009
Like i said earlier_ thE Local RePUblic of niGERIA can be re-branded even im-branded bur am sorry there wld definitely be the if syndrome.
Re: Seriously, Can Nigeria Ever Be Rebranded by 7eleven: 10:51pm On Mar 26, 2009
brein:

Like i said earlier_ thE Local RePUblic of niGERIA can be re-branded even im-branded bur am sorry there wld definitely be the if syndrome.

Dear Brein I would surly like to know ur If! grin

http://buzz.6te.net

Re: Seriously, Can Nigeria Ever Be Rebranded by obx101: 12:28am On Mar 27, 2009
THAT REBRANDING THING IS A NEW OFFICE FOR MORE CHOP CHOP, DEFINITELY THEY WOULD HAVE A TRAVELS VOTE ALLOCATION AND OTHER STUFFS, HAHAHA, U NEVER JAM, NAIJA WHERE THE BADEST PEOPLE DEY
Re: Seriously, Can Nigeria Ever Be Rebranded by JustGood(m): 10:27am On Mar 27, 2009
Re: Seriously, Can Nigeria Ever Be Rebranded by Nobody: 10:38am On Mar 27, 2009
Dear poster,
You kin amaze me with your irresistable persistence about the IF syndrome cheesy
hmn, ok i am tempted to let a hint but still not the if.
Let start by executing what @Ikeyman00 has said up there ~ then we might possibly then start thinking of re-branding 9jeria.
How abt that.
Hope this calms u down at least grin cheesy
chiurs.
Re: Seriously, Can Nigeria Ever Be Rebranded by deb(m): 1:03pm On Mar 27, 2009
@Eziachi

Hey!!
God is not a Nigerian. He has more important things to occupy him.
Yes, important things like bringing out the best in every human being on earth including Nigerians.
Any effort to help our country should be supported. It may not be all that we need but its a part of it.
Re: Seriously, Can Nigeria Ever Be Rebranded by Eziachi: 3:05pm On Mar 27, 2009
deb:

@EziachiYes, important things like bringing out the best in every human being on earth including Nigerians.
Any effort to help our country should be supported. It may not be all that we need but its a part of it.

Ok, if you say so. Then, do you know this God's email address or GSM number, so that we can relay your opinion to him?
Re: Seriously, Can Nigeria Ever Be Rebranded by Kobojunkie: 3:13pm On Mar 27, 2009
Lol . . . . God is in the business of bringing out the best in people? lol Ok. I am guessing this is being used here to carve some meaning into this rebranding gig, right? We blamed God for the failure of most everything in Nigeria, up till this very second. If this rebranding gig goes the way many other white elephant projects before it has, will God also take the blame? roflmao!
Re: Seriously, Can Nigeria Ever Be Rebranded by Nemeziz9ja: 3:23pm On Mar 27, 2009
Oh God!
Re: Seriously, Can Nigeria Ever Be Rebranded by obiem(m): 4:08pm On Mar 27, 2009
Nigeria is already on the process of Re- branding according to my amiable Prof. Akunyili but if you ask me, this process will yeild little or no results because it will end up being strangled by the monster called "Nigeria Factor".

Where is the ''Heart of Africa'' project initiated by her predecessor, Nweke Jnr today?
Re: Seriously, Can Nigeria Ever Be Rebranded by comfort3: 5:11pm On Mar 27, 2009
:-x
Re: Seriously, Can Nigeria Ever Be Rebranded by 7eleven: 7:48am On Apr 01, 2009
brein:

Dear poster,
You kin amaze me with your irresistable persistence about the IF syndrome cheesy
hmn, ok i am tempted to let a hint but still not the if.
Let start by executing what @Ikeyman00 has said up there ~ then we might possibly then start thinking of re-branding 9jeria.
How abt that.
Hope this calms u down at least grin cheesy
chiurs.

undecided HMMM!

[center]Come watch the first ever NAIRALAND IDOLS @ https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-256239.0.html[/center]

Re: Seriously, Can Nigeria Ever Be Rebranded by chidichris(m): 8:20am On Apr 01, 2009
i am sorry for mrs. dora. well, it is like after a hectic day with nafdac, it is relaxation time. what a wonderful way of enjoying the fruits of her labour.
in the nollywood activities, rebranding nigeria will be a block buster and definitely will win a movie award.
on the other hand, there are possibilities in rebranding nigeria but not with this same PDP.
the first step in rebranding nigeria, will be rebranding PDP. pdp represents all sorts of crime ranging from high profile killings, fraud at different levels, ringing without borders, political thugry, deciet at high places, undemocratic democracy, mediocres at high and low places, winner takes all attitude etc.
any attempt by dora to rebrand nigeria with obj as pdp bot chairman, prof iwu inec chairman, yar adua president of nig, tony annenih as npa chairman, pdp as the ruling party etc will end up like other jokes designed to steal more money from the nation's treasury.
by the way, who knows the anticipated time frame for this rebranding.maybe 20 yrs and this might be the newest life time presidency programme as directed by the same director of third term agenda.
my interest here is dora who in the past have served nigeria in a good manner but i foresee her end up in the bad books of nigerians.
she shld have followed the part ways of okonjo iweala who left when the ovation was high as she refused to be drawn down the mud.
unless this rebrandng is designed to take nigeria and nigerians from the frying pan into the fire.
Re: Seriously, Can Nigeria Ever Be Rebranded by keyremotes(m): 6:54pm On Apr 01, 2009
Was there a brand before?

Once government officials become disciplined the massess will follow them.

Another person presented a "beautiful" proposal to the Minister for money to line the pockets of few people.

What happened to MAMSER, WAI, THE HEART OF AFRICA PROJECT and the rest?

I weep for this country! cry cry cry
Re: Seriously, Can Nigeria Ever Be Rebranded by keyremotes(m): 7:00pm On Apr 01, 2009
Was there a brand before?

Once government officials become disciplined the massess will follow them.

Another person presented a "beautiful" proposal to the Minister for money to line the pockets of  few people.

What happened to MAMSER, WAI, THE HEART OF AFRICA PROJECT and the rest?

I weep for this country!  cry  cry  cry
Re: Seriously, Can Nigeria Ever Be Rebranded by Horus(m): 7:36pm On Apr 01, 2009
[flash=450,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkHoZYqede0[/flash]

Rebranding Nigeria Project

http://www.rebrandingnigeria.org
Re: Seriously, Can Nigeria Ever Be Rebranded by Horus(m): 7:38pm On Apr 01, 2009
[flash=450,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkHoZYqede0[/flash]

Rebranding Nigeria Project

http://www.rebrandingnigeria.org

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria And Scottish Currency / Government Gives "shoot On Sight" Order In Akwa Ibom / What Is T.a Orji Doing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.