Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,552 members, 7,837,114 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

Is There A Heaven, A Real Life-after-death? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is There A Heaven, A Real Life-after-death? (2009 Views)

Zimbabwe Prophet Claims He Beat Up God In A Heaven Wrestling Match,. / God Raised My Dad Back To Life After Being Dead For 3 Hours / What Happens After Death? (Christian POV) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There A Heaven, A Real Life-after-death? by johnydon22(m): 2:07pm On Aug 08, 2015
winner01:
Coward, You have to cal on your sister to help you out again......
If truly you think im responsible for what i believe, then what the heck are you still doing here.undecided...
More name callings. . . "You are responsible for what you UNDERSTAND" smiley i did not say BELIEVE.... Actually your beliefs are as result of Child indoctrination..

Now read Frank's post that i posted above again. . . Everyone knows Johnydon22 is way too above to engage in a childish discourse as exchanging emotional talks or word salads of ad hominems. . smiley

When you learn how to argue without insults, then we will see if you can be worth engaging by me smiley

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is There A Heaven, A Real Life-after-death? by CaptainJune: 2:12pm On Aug 08, 2015
johnydon22:
Good this settles it in Toto smiley

I thought it is the habit of intelligence to verify a fact, to attempt an investigation into a matter in order to ascertain the possibility, or not, of the unknown. Obviously, your replies have been anything but intelligent.

1 Like

Re: Is There A Heaven, A Real Life-after-death? by winner01(m): 2:21pm On Aug 08, 2015
johnydon22:
More name callings. . . "You are responsible for what you UNDERSTAND" smiley i did not say BELIEVE.... Actually your beliefs are as result of Child indoctrination..

Now read Frank's post that i posted above again. . . Everyone knows Johnydon22 is way too above to engage in a childish discourse as exchanging emotional talks or word salads of ad hominems. . smiley

When you learn how to argue without insults, then we will see if you can be worth engaging by me smiley
You call it childish cos you dont know your way out, ..."Everyone knows you", see how you've made nairaland your life undecided....
I wont argue age or maturity with you, only insecure kids do that...
Once again loser, "A fool says in his heart, there is no God"-- The Bible.. grin
Re: Is There A Heaven, A Real Life-after-death? by johnydon22(m): 2:21pm On Aug 08, 2015
CaptainJune:

I thought it is the habit of intelligence to verify a fact, to attempt an investigation into a matter in order to ascertain the possibility, or not, of the unknown. Obviously, your replies have been anything but intelligent.
When you explicitly agreed that your after life postulations cannot be proven with any physical, testable, tangible, perceivable evidence.

You still expect any rational person to take you serious? . . . Or you expect me to now take you on based on your personal beliefs in after life that you will sorely just rest on FAITH (conviction that your assumptions are true)

Seriously am not cut out for such ludicrous insanity

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is There A Heaven, A Real Life-after-death? by hahn(m): 2:34pm On Aug 08, 2015
johnydon22:

I wonder why the holy spirit couldn't help him control his frustration.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There A Heaven, A Real Life-after-death? by johnydon22(m): 2:42pm On Aug 08, 2015
hahn:

I wonder why the holy spirit couldn't help him control his frustration.
One can only pity the kid, he needs psychological re-centering because he shows that he is still in shock that there are some people who don't buy the fairy tales he has been fed to believe all his life..

You can see the results from how he enters every thread on nairaland insulting anybody that doesn't share his nonsensical beliefs.

It's really a pitiable sight to behold

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There A Heaven, A Real Life-after-death? by hahn(m): 2:51pm On Aug 08, 2015
johnydon22:

One can only pity the kid, he needs psychological re-centering because he shows that he is still in shock that there are some people who don't buy the fairy tales he has been fed to believe all his life..

You can see the results from how he enters every thread on nairaland insulting anybody that doesn't share his nonsensical beliefs.

It's really a pitiable sight to behold

This actually applies to majority of theists. They are always quick to insult and call one "fool" simply for disagreeing with their beliefs and then, in their selfish and deluded minds, believe that they will make it to heaven and you won't

Just check out the politics section and you'll see christians and muslims spreading hate, throwing insults at each other, displaying high levels of intolerance for other people's opinions and other "sinful" behaviours but they'll come back to the religious section and claim they'll make heaven just because they believe in a jewish fairytale

If these are the kind of people that will make heaven, ill rather opt-in for a spot in hell with my ounce of grass

undecided

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is There A Heaven, A Real Life-after-death? by CaptainJune: 3:03pm On Aug 08, 2015
johnydon22:
When you explicitly agreed that your after life postulations cannot be proven with any physical, testable, tangible, perceivable evidence.

You still expect any rational person to take you serious? . . . Or you expect me to now take you on based on your personal beliefs in after life that you will sorely just rest on FAITH (conviction that your assumptions are true)

Seriously am not cut out for such ludicrous insanity

Spoken like a true atheist who ascribes the word 'irrational' to be the exclusive property of the known unknown. When the thought of dividing the atom was first conceived, was it rational? When the giant-winged bird was first conceived, was it rational at the time? When doctors and nurses witnessed the resurrection of some patients who died clinically, was it rational?

While you sit here arguing against the possibility of the afterlife where thousands: christians, pagans, doctors, former atheists, scientists have all testified of its existence, many experentially, and your only argument to the contrary is that 'it is irrational' then you have no claim to intelligence to which you pride yourself of possession by ignoring the huge body of evidence, religious or scientific, in the form of testimonies by these technical and qualified experts and common people, past and present.

When you're told by the media that a strange, undetected phenomenon is responsible for multiple deaths in an area warning people to stay away so as not to risk infection, would it be irrational to heed the warning even if the phenomenon in question is undetected or air-borne or unseen?

2 Likes

Re: Is There A Heaven, A Real Life-after-death? by winner01(m): 3:12pm On Aug 08, 2015
CaptainJune:

Spoken like a true atheist who ascribes the word 'irrational' to be the exclusive property of the known unknown. When the thought of dividing the atom was first conceived, was it rational? When the giant-winged bird was first conceived, was it rational at the time? When doctors and nurses witnessed the resurrection of some patients who died clinically, was it rational?

While you sit here arguing against the possibility of the afterlife where thousands: christians, pagans, doctors, former atheists, scientists have all testified of its existence, many experentially, and your only argument to the contrary is that 'it is irrational' then you have no claim to intelligence to which you pride yourself of possession by ignoring the huge body of evidence, religious or scientific, in the form of testimonies by these technical and qualified experts and common people, past and present.

When you're told by the media that a strange, undetected phenomenon is responsible for multiple deaths in an area warning people to stay away so as not to risk infection, would it be irrational to heed the warning even if the phenomenon in question is undetected or air-borne or unseen?
Kudos to you bro, if sisters johnydon22 and hahn can answer your last question reasonably, i might just start to take atheists seriously..grin
Re: Is There A Heaven, A Real Life-after-death? by hahn(m): 5:35pm On Aug 08, 2015
CaptainJune:

Let's take a recent incidence that occured in Ondo state. Some people died and the people in the town all concluded that the gods were mad at them and then they proceeded to give offerings to their god. Apparently people still died till someone decided to go there and investigate the causes of the death only to reveal that some ogogoro was the cause of the deaths. The fact that it is an "undetected phenomenom" doesn't justify that god is responsible for it. You have to understand that it is the exact mentality that you promote that led to the ignorance displayed by the villagers.

And once again we can thank scientists for going to the village to investigate the problem thereby coming up with a solution. Not god.

As an individual, if someone tells me that something strange is going on somewhere, of course I won't go there BUT if I so happened to have professional training in tackling those issues the only rational step would be to investigate with the aim of understanding the true situation and try my best to find a cure/solution.

However, when someone tells me that there is some form of life after this one we physically find ourselves in, I tend to wonder why such people haven't bothered to discover life before this life. Is there a reason why we are so concerned only about the after-life? Probably originating from fear of the unknown and guilt? If there truly is an afterlife, then there should be a before life. I suggest god reveals the beforelife to us so that we can save the numerous gay people he is going to create, subject to a life of criticism and eventual torment in hell. Discovery of the beforelife will enable us stop the existence of people like Hitler, a catholic, Osama, Shekau(muslims) and other evil men thus saving millions of lives lost in their evil agendas.

Of course the concept of a "flying contraption" seemed absurd and irrational but the bearers of the idea have been able to bring that idea into reality and now we enjoy convenient air travel. What exactly is the benefit of the afterlife to the human race? If the afterlife and indeed god or any other spiritual deity does exist, it wouldn't have taken all of man's existence to prove.

I hope you also realise that for every "believer" that agrees with the christian or islamic version of the afterlife or eternity, there is equally a theist of a thousand other religions that believes otherwise with "proof" that theirs version is real. If you dont believe in their version, why should I believe in yours?

I guess you should focus on figuring exactly why you all are confused over the same issue and have been so since man's existence.

And remember that for believing in "your" heaven you risk the hell of thousands of other religions

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is There A Heaven, A Real Life-after-death? by johnydon22(m): 7:10pm On Aug 08, 2015
CaptainJune:

I wonder how people do not see the absurdities in the way they sound, Any sane individual who takes a look at the bolded will outrightly diagnose Psychological impairment as a result of beliefs.

How can someone in his right senses term something The Known Unknown. . .If something is Unknown it simply means no Known knowledge of it whatsoever, if that thing is known even in the least sense it kills the unknowability in entirety. . and here we are seeing someone claim something to be both KNOWN and UNKNOWN, imagine how absurd it sounds.

Talk about irrationality of the highest level... And you give flimsy examples of natural phenomenons to buttress the point for your absurd belief in life after you are dead. . .This desperate attempt to reconcile scientific known phenomena with your ancient inherited beliefs is simply absurd as it is degrading. . . I only wish you read your own post sometimes.

[b]This is the same you that asserted that it cannot be proven physically neither is it testable or perceivable" Yet now out of desperation to push up a point you claim the same phenomenon is experiential? same you asserted afterlife claim is unprovable now lay claims to evidences?
Can someone contradict and murder their own arguement any lower?

Something you claim not to be perceivable, you turn around and claim was experienced by someone thereby showing was actually perceivable, lets hope you see the absurdities your desperation has thrown on you.

And please stop trying to lay false information of afterlife claims on science, Can you simply provide us a scientific journal where scientists postulated an afterlife phenomena? Please do not drag science down the mess of your religious beliefs.

Afterlife Claims remains A religious Claim and in the scientific world is classified a hypothesis. . . The ancient Egyptians that came up with the concept of Afterlife were really not this dumb to term Afterlife BELIEF a scientific Fact. . .Learn the difference between A belief and a scientific postulation... Clearly you have no idea the distinctions between them
[/b]

Aaaaah the unseen cause argument, Most of the times you all sheepishly pull out this flimsy argument thinking you are making a point, not knowing it murders your supernatural claims even further. . .Forgetting that such Undetected Phenomenons are still within the confines of material and are detectable under proper study, measurable, can be studied and many times the origin or cause identified and you so badly want to reconcile it with your CLAIM of afterlife?

A claim of an immaterial existence and then lay claims to material evidences?
Can irrationality sink any lower than this!!!

There is a huge difference between a disease is airborne/unseen or undetected and your delusional claim of having another life after you are dead..

All in all you have once again spoken from your basic level of scientific cognition where you try as much to drag STUDY down to the level of Sheer Belief. . True mark of a delusional theists

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is There A Heaven, A Real Life-after-death? by hahn(m): 7:23pm On Aug 08, 2015
johnydon22:
The known unknown

I have never heard anything sillier in my entire life

These guys really do need to read their own posts

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is There A Heaven, A Real Life-after-death? by johnydon22(m): 7:33pm On Aug 08, 2015
hahn:

I have never heard anything sillier in my entire life

These guys really do need to read their own posts
Seriously a murder of logic and connotes mental derangement and intellectual epilepsy. . I had to hit my palm hard on my fore-head out of bewilderment and such chronic show of simpleton..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is There A Heaven, A Real Life-after-death? by judeodion(m): 10:27pm On Aug 08, 2015
johnydon22:

Hmm mm. Too much grammar Bro! Too much trying to reason The Almighty God with your small head on your small life! Question : is God a Spirit or not? WHY DO YOU AND FRANK think you can necessarily see Him with your physical (non spiritual eyes canal?). Many people here have heard God, felt His love and touch. It's not by force anymore to believe in God. I hope you and Frank also know it's not by force for you to be going about on NL looking for who to pull away from God. Don't claim to be going about looking people to 'help' out of delusion. Haha haha... Get real Broses... Get God and get life

(1) (2) (Reply)

Did Dinosaurs Exist In Religious Books? / Is Man Merely A Freakish Odd Ape? / Homosexuality: An Abomination

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.