Stats: 3,153,404 members, 7,819,432 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

Ogoni Clean-up: Buhari A Better Son Of The N / Delta Than Jonathan – APC - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogoni Clean-up: Buhari A Better Son Of The N / Delta Than Jonathan – APC (28250 Views)

Ogoni Clean-Up: Buhari To Be Represented By Osinbajo - Femi Adesina / Buhari Will Be In Rivers Today For Ogoni Clean-Up / 1985 Coup: How I Led Soldiers To Pick Up Buhari – Col. A. Aminu (rtd) (2) (3) (4)

Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Buhari A Better Son Of The N / Delta Than Jonathan – APC by winniz: 4:07pm On Aug 07, 2015
This is an old article to show GEJ initiated the clean up exercise of Ogoniland.
https://www.nairaland.com/727962/cleanup-oil-pollution-ogoniland-cost.
Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Buhari A Better Son Of The N / Delta Than Jonathan – APC by atlwireles: 4:09pm On Aug 07, 2015
onatisi:
The puzzling question is,why didn't gej do these things during the 6 years he was in power? Strange

I hope you are not new to the Ogoni clean up issues. The litigations of these issue did not conclude till 2013. Even, after UNEP assessment a process had to be put in place to implement the 30 years recommendation timeline. The oversight and implementation process was been worked out by Ogonis and NNPC/IOCs. Buhari fast tracking is not the issue, because there is nothing to fast track. Where are the billions of dollars needed for the next 30 years according to scope of this project going to be sourced, what assets will be used? These were the issues the Hydrocarbon Pollution Restoration Project (HYPREP) and (MOSOP) were brainstorming about, including for a clear and actionable roadmap for the restitution of the Ogoni people and restoration of the environment for healthy living conditions. .

I know almajiris in this country pretend things are done by press releases, but I know you know better. This a 30 year project, press releases and will not clean one drop of oil in Ogoni or any other place in the Niger delta. GEJ started a process, that process lives on now.

Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Buhari A Better Son Of The N / Delta Than Jonathan – APC by Lakeland4321: 4:11pm On Aug 07, 2015
hinwazaka:

I have read the report and it is bogus. The report gives the indicted OMNC's a slap on the wrist. They will only pay a penance to the community which will never get to the affected individuals but rather will be squandered by community leaders. GEJ was no fool and so after proofreading the report put it where it belongs, the trashcan. PMB on the other hand without going through the report relied on social media like yourself and approved it. GEJ's government was about improving local content in the OMNC's and getting Nigerian's to clean up the mess and really reprimanding dubious characters be they local or foreign.
Amaechi left because he was being pushed out. He actually played a fast one on people like you, just like Sanusi. The joke was really on you
so the thrashçan is where the report should be? No wonder every other recommendation from committee's were also kept the 'trashcan' guy wake up GEJ was slow, incompetent, weak and caged buy very greedy people. He's my brother but its good he's gone

Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Buhari A Better Son Of The N / Delta Than Jonathan – APC by Nobody: 4:13pm On Aug 07, 2015
Lakeland4321:
so the thrashçan is where the report should be? No wonder every other recommendation from committee's were also kept the 'trashcan' guy wake up GEJ was slow, incompetent, weak and caged buy very greedy people. He's my brother but its good he's gone

Thrash!
Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Buhari A Better Son Of The N / Delta Than Jonathan – APC by Kingspin(m): 4:24pm On Aug 07, 2015
It not necessary.
Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Buhari A Better Son Of The N / Delta Than Jonathan – APC by ScholarDee(m): 4:31pm On Aug 07, 2015
THE PPLE OF OGONI AV ALREADY DONE DAT.
deadZONE:
undecided undecided undecided
lets hear it from the citizens
of ogoni land not a bunch
of liars, PDP rebels, rejects
cheap-tards.

Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Buhari A Better Son Of The N / Delta Than Jonathan – APC by onatisi(m): 4:31pm On Aug 07, 2015
atlwireles:

I hope you are not new to the Ogoni clean up issues. The litigations of these issue did not conclude till 2013. Even, after UNEP assessment a process had to be put in place to implement the 30 years recommendation timeline. The oversight and implementation process was been worked out by Ogonis and NNPC/IOCs. Buhari fast tracking is not the issue, because there is nothing to fast track. Where are the billions of dollars needed for the next 30 years according to scope of this project going to be sourced, what assets will be used? These were the issues the Hydrocarbon Pollution Restoration Project (HYPREP) and (MOSOP) were brainstorming about, including for a clear and actionable roadmap for the restitution of the Ogoni people and restoration of the environment for healthy living conditions. .

I know almajiris in this country pretend things are done by press releases, but I know you know better. This a 30 year project, press releases and will not clean one drop of oil in Ogoni or any other place in the Niger delta. GEJ started a process, that process lives on now.
very confusing to say the very least
Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Buhari A Better Son Of The N / Delta Than Jonathan – APC by front247: 4:33pm On Aug 07, 2015
Apc just shut up for once, maybe u think u ar still in opposition . tell ur oga to fulfill his campaign promises
Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Buhari A Better Son Of The N / Delta Than Jonathan – APC by onatisi(m): 4:36pm On Aug 07, 2015
winniz:

GEJ was in power for five years not six years. The clean up exercise according to UNEP required $1billion to start with and was gonna last 30 years, but the Daura dullardd ordered for the clean up exercise to be fast tracked at the cost of $10million.
a program requires 1billion to start ,but buhari is fast tracking it commencement with 10million dollars! So what will 10million dollars do in a project that requires 1billion to even start? Buhari and apc have started the looting spree
Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Buhari A Better Son Of The N / Delta Than Jonathan – APC by atlwireles: 4:37pm On Aug 07, 2015
onatisi:
very confusing to say the very least

What is confusing? the fact a process was already been worked out? Or Buhari empty fast tracking press release?

Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Buhari A Better Son Of The N / Delta Than Jonathan – APC by watchindelta(m): 4:40pm On Aug 07, 2015
I don dey fear dis government hope no b only talk talk 4 paper n net? undecided just watching
Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Buhari A Better Son Of The N / Delta Than Jonathan – APC by onatisi(m): 4:41pm On Aug 07, 2015
atlwireles:

What is confusing? the fact a process was already been worked out? Or Buhari empty fast tracking press release?
bros the truth is Nigeria is a complicated mess.
Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Buhari A Better Son Of The N / Delta Than Jonathan – APC by atlwireles: 4:44pm On Aug 07, 2015
onatisi:
bros the truth is Nigeria is a complicated mess.

Yes Nigeria is a mess, the Ogoni clean up will cost about $30B, I hope Buhari provide proof of Nigeria/NNPC payment of their 50%, with their fast track press release.
Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Buhari A Better Son Of The N / Delta Than Jonathan – APC by drake2(m): 4:47pm On Aug 07, 2015
I thought Shell provided this money through UNEP?
Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Buhari A Better Son Of The N / Delta Than Jonathan – APC by ndcide(m): 4:49pm On Aug 07, 2015
GEJ didn't go this low, even in when he built schools and universities up north.
Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Buhari A Better Son Of The N / Delta Than Jonathan – APC by aresa: 4:55pm On Aug 07, 2015
winniz:
This is an old article to show GEJ initiated the clean up exercise of Ogoniland.
https://www.nairaland.com/727962/cleanup-oil-pollution-ogoniland-cost.

The useless and incompetent Jona initiated the clean up back in 2011/5 years ago, but nothing was done and he didn't do anything about it.

Initiating something and actually doing something are 2 different things..

Are you not even ashamed to show us the rubbish and failure from 2011?

You unintelligent TaNoids are not doing Jona any favors by pointing out his failures and incompetencies..

Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Buhari A Better Son Of The N / Delta Than Jonathan – APC by Nobody: 5:00pm On Aug 07, 2015
aresa:

The useless and incompetent Jona initiated the clean up back in 2011/5 years ago, but nothing was done and he didn't do anything about it.

Initiating something and actually doing something are 2 different things..

Are you not even ashamed to show us the rubbish and failure from 2011?

You unintelligent TaNoids are not doing Jona any favors by pointing out his failures and incompetencies..

Thrash from a bigotic, deluded being! Always whining, weeping and wailing profusely for no just cause...

Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Buhari A Better Son Of The N / Delta Than Jonathan – APC by winniz: 5:05pm On Aug 07, 2015
onatisi:
a program requires 1billion to start ,but buhari is fast tracking it commencement with 10million dollars! So what will 10million dollars do in a project that requires 1billion to even start? Buhari and apc have started the looting spree

That Daura dullardd is just a Corrupt Criminal.
Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Buhari A Better Son Of The N / Delta Than Jonathan – APC by Lakeland4321: 5:13pm On Aug 07, 2015
xtrorse:
[s][/s]

Thrash!
the truth is bitter but we sabi your type. I have learnt long ago that the people that help you most times are not from your place. I lived in bayelsa for several years and we are among the most selfish people, exploiting each other and wasting resources. Katsina state is the only debt free state in the country, yet they have decent unfrastructure.
Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Buhari A Better Son Of The N / Delta Than Jonathan – APC by aresa: 5:17pm On Aug 07, 2015
xtrorse:

Thrash from a bigotic, deluded being! Always whining, weeping and wailing profusely for no just cause...

Dumb assx village TaNoid. Find the nearest lagoon and do the needful...

Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Buhari A Better Son Of The N / Delta Than Jonathan – APC by Nobody: 5:22pm On Aug 07, 2015
aresa:
[s][/s]

Dumb assx village TaNoid. Find the nearest lagoon and do the needful...

Misery of a Melancholic Masturbating Masturbator  - a frustrated descendant of a fallen demon, whining, weeping and wailing for no just cause...

Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Buhari A Better Son Of The N / Delta Than Jonathan – APC by Nobody: 5:26pm On Aug 07, 2015
Lakeland4321:
the truth is bitter but we sabi your type. I have learnt long ago that the people that help you most times are not from your place. I lived in bayelsa for several years and we are among the most selfish people, exploiting each other and wasting resources. Katsina state is the only debt free state in the country, yet they have decent unfrastructure.

What you term 'truth' is the frivolous and unsubstantiated claims you read and peddle online and in other media outlets in the name of 'sophistication'!
Over the years it is people of your type that have supported and encouraged the unrepentant thieves, prostitutes and murderers to use their stolen loots to grow legitimacy and hijack the government.

Stop the masquerade! Everyone here cannot be so gullible not to know who you are and what you stand for - deceit!
Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Buhari A Better Son Of The N / Delta Than Jonathan – APC by aresa: 5:31pm On Aug 07, 2015
xtrorse:

Misery of a Melancholic Masturbating Masturbator  - a frustrated descendant of a fallen demon, whining, weeping and wailing for no just cause...

Stop rambbling in my ears you dumb assx village troll...

Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Buhari A Better Son Of The N / Delta Than Jonathan – APC by Nobody: 5:33pm On Aug 07, 2015
aresa:
[i][/i]

Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Buhari A Better Son Of The N / Delta Than Jonathan – APC by Neplusultra(f): 5:39pm On Aug 07, 2015
xtrorse:

shocked grin cheesy

Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Buhari A Better Son Of The N / Delta Than Jonathan – APC by OLADD: 6:38pm On Aug 07, 2015
Demdem:

Fool, jonah-daft was a big fraud. Considering the resources at his disposal and his so called acheivement all over the country, the fool failed miserably all over. Right from the north down to south. He failed the north, the west, east and even his people he ffucked them up so u tell me what good can actually be attributed to him?
What about when he was governor of Bayelsa? what were his acheivement has governor of one of the richest state in Nigeria? Fool, its not about being a tribalist or not but and incompetent fool who shouldnt even be near anywhere in government. Never again we will have such a curse govern us.
Extremely Good riddance.

Mad man. Your lopsided assessment of Jonathan's administration is inconsequential. The ex-president will surely be remembered for good whenever the story of Nigeria is told. Born hater.

Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Buhari A Better Son Of The N / Delta Than Jonathan – APC by Nobody: 6:53pm On Aug 07, 2015
Lakeland4321:
No it is not, the indicted IOC's from the UNEP report will fund the clean up, that is why everybody is angry with GEJ because he could have easily implemented the report at no cost to nigeria while still doing other things eg almajiri sch.
If you know how senators and reps from the north always frustrate every move made by Jonathan you will know how difficult it is for him to carry out any developmental projects.
Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Buhari A Better Son Of The N / Delta Than Jonathan – APC by Lakeland4321: 7:08pm On Aug 07, 2015
otunsman:
If you know how senators and reps from the north always frustrate every move made by Jonathan you will know how difficult it is for him to carry out any developmental projects.
i agree with you but in this particular case its not nigeria that will spend its shell

Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Buhari A Better Son Of The N / Delta Than Jonathan – APC by aresa: 7:40pm On Aug 07, 2015
xtrorse:

aresa:

Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Buhari A Better Son Of The N / Delta Than Jonathan – APC by shomutuski(m): 8:43pm On Aug 07, 2015
firstEVA:
This is just the fact, Jonathan though from NIGER DELTA can not beat his chest to say he did well for his people, he left us worse than he met us, we the Niger deltans benefited nothing from our so called son. i have since learnt that my brother is someone who cares for me, not some one necessarily from my place. PMB is my brother and our son wink

God bless you, My lady for seeing past ethnic bigotry and tribalism... I hope most people will come to realise that fact..

"i have since learnt that my brother is someone who cares for me, not some one necessarily from my place"" - FirstEva
NB: shame on people who have no other talent than being stupid, what you can't see with ur eyes open, she sees with hers close..

Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Buhari A Better Son Of The N / Delta Than Jonathan – APC by mandhi(m): 9:28pm On Aug 07, 2015
xtrorse:
[s][/s]

Thrash!
To u
Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Buhari A Better Son Of The N / Delta Than Jonathan – APC by xklucvG: 9:47pm On Aug 07, 2015
Feranchek:
When baba said "I'm not for anybody. I'm for everybody" una think sey he dey lie. It's just a pity that despite his good intentions for the Igbo people (which I'm very sure of), we're already headstrong in actualizing the emancipation of the sovereign state of BIAFRA. Buh all the same....

God bless PMB
God bless his wife
God bless Nigeria and Nigerians

God bless the SOVEREIGN UNION OF BIAFRA!!!
What has Igbo got to do with this? Ogoni land is not Igbo land. Be a Nigerian. There is no Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa or any ethnic group anymore. Its either you see yourself as a Nigerian or go and die.

El-Rufai: Peter Obi Is A Nollywood Actor, He Can't Win Election (Video) / PDP Coordinators Beat Up Zonal Secretary (Photo) / I Don't Have Any House In Dubai- Fayose

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54