Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,823 members, 7,820,891 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

Re: Equipping Of Nigeria Army And Airforce - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Re: Equipping Of Nigeria Army And Airforce (46644 Views)

2 Female Victims Of Zaria Clash Between The Army And Shitte Sect Revealed (Photo / Battle Between Nigeria Army And IMN Today (Graphic Pics) / Buhari Poses With His Former Driver In The Army And His Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Re: Equipping Of Nigeria Army And Airforce by Whynotthetruth(m): 3:42pm On Aug 07, 2015
LordMecuzy:
Nigeria Airforce is performing below standard for a nation like Nigeria... Period ...That's the truth... I live in an Airforce Base in MKD..TAC...

That's why Bokoharam war gonna last long....

What was NAF like for a country like Nigeria before Jonathan became president

4 Likes

Re: Re: Equipping Of Nigeria Army And Airforce by Whynotthetruth(m): 3:45pm On Aug 07, 2015
Mynd44:

One answer.....

My data, my device....

Now scream "hypocrisy" like the word is about to be deleted from the dictionary forever

gringringringrin thanks you already know your name...
Re: Re: Equipping Of Nigeria Army And Airforce by Whynotthetruth(m): 3:47pm On Aug 07, 2015
Lalasticlala...kindly do the needful
Re: Re: Equipping Of Nigeria Army And Airforce by engineerboat(m): 3:47pm On Aug 07, 2015
Mynd44:

The only "jet" has the flag of another country

Hear yourself again

Re: Re: Equipping Of Nigeria Army And Airforce by Whynotthetruth(m): 3:48pm On Aug 07, 2015
Seun...Obinoscopy...Ishilove...Lalasticlala
Re: Re: Equipping Of Nigeria Army And Airforce by engineerboat(m): 3:57pm On Aug 07, 2015
Mynd44:

The only "jet" has the flag of another country

Take a look again

Re: Re: Equipping Of Nigeria Army And Airforce by patrickmuf(m): 4:11pm On Aug 07, 2015
Even djibouti can boast of military hardwares, what you accomplish with your hardware is all that counts...And yes, for a country like Nigeria what we have here though a tad impressive is still some way off what is obtainable elsewhere...
zero military capability was used to highlight the magnitude of our problem... i see you guys are already doing what you did with the 'Virtually' empty treasury quote, spread half truths, twist logic etc all targeted at deceiving the not not so informed amongst us...

4 Likes

Re: Re: Equipping Of Nigeria Army And Airforce by engineerboat(m): 4:14pm On Aug 07, 2015
barcanista:
@OP Thank you! The Apc aganda are twin. We are watching

They need to be reminded dat in no matter how much they try to cover the truth with their lies, it will not work.
Re: Re: Equipping Of Nigeria Army And Airforce by Whynotthetruth(m): 4:15pm On Aug 07, 2015
engineerboat:

Take a look again
Add source of some info...and call lalasticlala again...
Re: Re: Equipping Of Nigeria Army And Airforce by Whynotthetruth(m): 4:18pm On Aug 07, 2015
patrickmuf:
Even djibouti can boast of military hardwares, what you accomplish with your hardware is all that counts...And yes, for a country like Nigeria what we have here though a tad impressive is still some way off what is obtainable elsewhere...
zero military capability was used to highlight the magnitude of our problem... i see you guys are already doing what you did with the 'Virtually' empty treasury quote, spread half truths, twist logic etc all targeted at deceiving the not not so informed amongst us...

Yes...now as an informed man, ZERO equals to a tangible number notwithstanding how negligible in your community
Re: Re: Equipping Of Nigeria Army And Airforce by engineerboat(m): 4:20pm On Aug 07, 2015
patrickmuf:

Noted, we are not there yet, but it must start somewhere, and that is what that past administration, the current PMB government need to follow-up where his predecessor stopped, not destroying all its effort at equipping the NA, NAF, NAF, NPF, DSS, and others. Thanks you
Re: Re: Equipping Of Nigeria Army And Airforce by patrickmuf(m): 4:26pm On Aug 07, 2015
engineerboat:

Noted, we are not there yet, but it must start somewhere, and that is what that past administration, the current PMB government need to follow-up where his predecessor stopped, not destroying all its effort at equipping the NA, NAF, NAF, NPF, DSS, and others. Thanks you
compliments boss

1 Like

Re: Re: Equipping Of Nigeria Army And Airforce by engineerboat(m): 4:33pm On Aug 07, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Add source of some info...and call lalasticlala again...

Done that already
Re: Re: Equipping Of Nigeria Army And Airforce by mmsen: 4:59pm On Aug 07, 2015
LordMecuzy:
Nigeria Airforce is performing below standard for a nation like Nigeria... Period ...That's the truth... I live in an Airforce Base in MKD..TAC...

That's why Bokoharam war gonna last long....

Boko Haram were melting back into the local community, that is/was the problem.

Locals were reluctant to identify the terrorists until it was too late.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Re: Equipping Of Nigeria Army And Airforce by bankoleben(m): 5:01pm On Aug 07, 2015
The game changer before the election was the hiring of South African mercenaries and not necessarily the purchase of new arms.
GEJ had over four years to equip the military, why wait till six weeks before election?

3 Likes

Re: Re: Equipping Of Nigeria Army And Airforce by Whynotthetruth(m): 5:02pm On Aug 07, 2015
engineerboat:

Done that already
Thanks...lalasticlala...plz can this make front page
Re: Re: Equipping Of Nigeria Army And Airforce by Reptyle(m): 5:08pm On Aug 07, 2015
engineerboat:

Sometime one begin to wonder how we reason, The question is did GEJ government purchase this Jet or Not

Ok hold it bros. Those jets are Alpha jets and the NAF has had them like forever. Those weren't procured by the GEJ administration.

GEJ's government indeed procured some choppers for the NAF as stated by the former NSA. He also procured some tanks and such other hardware. The navy also got a look in with the delivery of 2 ships donated to us by the Americans. Then there were 2 or so locally built gunboats for the NN also.

Still far from desirable given Nigeria's global status...but definitely not "Zero"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Re: Equipping Of Nigeria Army And Airforce by BlackBaron: 5:08pm On Aug 07, 2015
Only people that don't know jack shite about the army would be mesmerized.

$2 billion was left and this is what you get?! Alpha jets and a bunch of MRAPS, tanks ?

Btw, some of the pics are unrelated to Nigeria.
Also those Ukranian tanks with the blue tarpaulin were never shipped to Nigeria cos they were converted for Ukranian use after their secession shite went down. Ask me if you want the video.

End of the day, this is far from impressive. I'll not deny Jo did a whole lot than the other governments involved but the acquisition was characterised by corrupt overpriced deals, so therefore we got less supplied for more money!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Re: Equipping Of Nigeria Army And Airforce by atlwireles: 5:09pm On Aug 07, 2015
engineerboat:

They need to be reminded dat in no matter how much they try to cover the truth with their lies, it will not work.
Re: Re: Equipping Of Nigeria Army And Airforce by April4th(m): 5:09pm On Aug 07, 2015
Mynd44:

One answer.....

My data, my device....

Now scream "hypocrisy" like the word is about to be deleted from the dictionary forever

Dis response got me cracking. Lol
Re: Re: Equipping Of Nigeria Army And Airforce by abbaapple: 5:10pm On Aug 07, 2015
You have been selected for the Truck entrepreneur Scheme holding at dangote Agro sack Oba Akran, Ikeja lagos State on the 10th August 2015. Plz wo got dis similar mssg? I no 1 entr 1 chance de go Lagos o! Na wetin de do me for head no b dis nija news wey don tire me.
Re: Re: Equipping Of Nigeria Army And Airforce by espn(m): 5:11pm On Aug 07, 2015
engineerboat:
When they say Nigeria Airforce is Zero
with how rich Nigeria is..is dis what the likes of Egypt..Iran..Pakistan..Turkey..China..UK..USA...Germany..North korea..Russia..South korea..India use? And u r here up loading nonsense and hyping dis shit. Giant of Africa indeed.

2 Likes

Re: Re: Equipping Of Nigeria Army And Airforce by BiggerBangs: 5:12pm On Aug 07, 2015
:oThank you for this Video..Nigeria Military are Working
Re: Re: Equipping Of Nigeria Army And Airforce by engineerboat(m): 5:12pm On Aug 07, 2015
Reptyle:

Ok hold it bros. Those jets are Alpha jets and the NAF has had them like forever. Those weren't procured by the GEJ administration.

GEJ's government indeed procured some choppers for the NAF as stated by the former NSA. He also procured some tanks and such other hardware. The navy also got a look in with the delivery of 2 ships donated to us by the Americans. Then there were 2 or so locally built gunboats for the NN also.

Still far from desirable given Nigeria's global status...but definitely not "Zero"

fine, then who purchased them, and can any country fully equiped Its military hardware under this propaganda condition in Nigeria
Re: Re: Equipping Of Nigeria Army And Airforce by shaqhead: 5:13pm On Aug 07, 2015
BlackBaron:
Only people that don't know jack shite about the army would be mesmerized.

$2 billion was left and this is what you get?! Alpha jets and a bunch of MRAPS, tanks ?

Btw, some of the pics are unrelated to Nigeria.
Also those Ukranian tanks with the blue tarpaulin were never shipped to Nigeria cos they were converted for Ukranian use after their secession shite went down. Ask me if you want the video.

End of the day, this is far from impressive. I'll not deny Jo did a whole lot than the other governments involved but the acquisition was characterised by corrupt overpriced deals, so therefore we got less supplied for more money!
Re: Re: Equipping Of Nigeria Army And Airforce by mcshegz: 5:15pm On Aug 07, 2015
NAIJA I HAIL THEE

1 Like

Re: Re: Equipping Of Nigeria Army And Airforce by Rilwon: 5:15pm On Aug 07, 2015
stale
Re: Re: Equipping Of Nigeria Army And Airforce by Nobody: 5:16pm On Aug 07, 2015
The only thing i learnt in this world is that you can't please everyone.
With what Barack Obama did for America he still has a lot of haters.

We knew how our military equipments were before Jonathan bought & sufficicated our war equipments.
How many did the last 3 presidents buy ??
Let's wait & see how many Buhari will buy.

2 Likes

Re: Re: Equipping Of Nigeria Army And Airforce by bigiyaro(m): 5:16pm On Aug 07, 2015
@op u can paste all d pixs u want, d fact still remain dat d past service chiefs couldn't defeat BH. End of story.

1 Like

Re: Re: Equipping Of Nigeria Army And Airforce by engineerboat(m): 5:16pm On Aug 07, 2015
bankoleben:
The game changer before the election was the hiring of South African mercenaries and not necessarily the purchase of new arms.
GEJ had over four years to equip the military, why wait till six weeks before election?

Is that all you can say
Re: Re: Equipping Of Nigeria Army And Airforce by BlackBaron: 5:17pm On Aug 07, 2015
The crux of the matter was BH started blowing up the ceiling eons ago, Jonathan then embarked on a weapon spree beginning of 2015 prior to election (knowing he would lose) $2 billion got released and there was where the chaos set in.

So many dodgy deals left and right, including Arthur Eze trying to pay over the odds for a bunch of cobra choppers that Israel have now gifted to Jordan. Other invoices showed up the overpriced sums paid out for weapons which in a time of war is just insane. No reason Dasuki should go through third parties, we are not under embargo with anyone unless the Americans.

This whole kerfuffle was just majorly depressing seeing soldiers fighting and dying everyday while their ogas played 'roulette' with the money allocated for weapons or decided to jollificate with money for arms!

Step 1: Abolish secrecy in weapon acquisition - must be the only country in the world where they can maybe buy a submarine but only the army chiefs know how much they paid for it.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Arrest Order: Saraki Relocates From Residence - The Nation / I Have Forgiven Ambode But My Supporters Are Saying No To His 2nd Term -Tinubu / Umo Eno Kneels Down As Governor Udom Annoints Him As Successor (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.