Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,001 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

The Shambolic State Of Secondary Education In Nigeria - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Shambolic State Of Secondary Education In Nigeria (14159 Views)

Funny Pix Of Secondary School Relationships / 60-year-old Wheelbarrow Pusher Begins Secondary Education In Delta / PHOTOS: Bad State Of Secondary Schools In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Shambolic State Of Secondary Education In Nigeria by dfrost: 4:51pm On Aug 09, 2015
DEGREE2466:

DEGREE2466

I agree with you but a busy now to prepare my argument to support yours. Will modify very soon.
Re: The Shambolic State Of Secondary Education In Nigeria by emeraldo56(m): 5:01pm On Aug 09, 2015
anonimi:
The 36 state governors who are constitutionally responsible for secondary education need to be castrated all of them.

Special treatment should be reserved for ex-Kano governor Kwakwanso who built $1 billion school in Niger Republic while almajiris continue to roam the streets of his state. shocked
Another candidate for special punishment is Fashola who is a smooth operator cum talker but EMPTY in delivery to the people.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1874841_img2014111800178_jpeg3fee82da796bf21cfe45923e7b82ec12

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1874883_img2014111800146_jpeg1b27de443b457a0f860e5adcdaaa187b

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1874906_img2014111800148_jpeg2ae8db776b2363f8010f35b0463c6cbb

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1875047_img2014111800173_jpeg9b1c3e1b830058e00636bea988489243

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1875011_img2014111800152_jpeg6cc44980e82a1aa277261f905cff2476

More pathetic pictures from this thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/2003828/unbelievable-pictures-awori-college-ojo

If I am not mistaken the Eko Project is the $90 million loan from the World Bank that Fashola did not want to disclose how it was spent because "FoI does not apply to Lagos state" shocked
I blame d school for not maintaining d building, do u xpect govt. To maintain it

1 Like

Re: The Shambolic State Of Secondary Education In Nigeria by anonimi: 5:07pm On Aug 09, 2015
emeraldo56:
I blame d school for not maintaining d building, do u xpect govt. To maintain it

Did you see the signs on the walls

Did you read my post?
Re: The Shambolic State Of Secondary Education In Nigeria by Exametry: 5:09pm On Aug 09, 2015
Normally, you should be able to construct grammatically correct sentences by the end of primary schooling, compose short sensible essays by the end of secondary schooling, and write coherent theses by the end of tertiary schooling. So if you were unable to even make correct sentences as a tertiary-school graduate, then the problem with the school system that 'graduated' you must be very deep indeed. The only dependable solution is to overhaul the system and rebuild with a solid primary-school foundation. Of course, the Nigeria's school education system is long overdue for a farsighted reconstruction.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Shambolic State Of Secondary Education In Nigeria by emeraldo56(m): 5:16pm On Aug 09, 2015
I know d school that is y I am not blaming govt. But d school management
Re: The Shambolic State Of Secondary Education In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:01pm On Aug 09, 2015
Lalasticlala, Ishilove, www.nairaland.com/2280109/improving-nigerias-basic-education-system please let this make front page too, to complement this thread. We can keep reminding ourselves of our problems without thinking out solutions.
Re: The Shambolic State Of Secondary Education In Nigeria by DanielGb(m): 10:49pm On Aug 09, 2015
shizzy7:
Fashola tried for education in Lagos state,,in terms of infrastructure and others..

Fashola make me believe in public school back. His administration was the reason why my 3 siblings were withdrew from private to public own schools. My testimony: when i enter a public school in Ikeja that have AC in all classes, i was like, 'this can't be true'. But you know what, it was true. God Bless Fashola, Me and You.
Re: The Shambolic State Of Secondary Education In Nigeria by DanielGb(m): 10:50pm On Aug 09, 2015
shizzy7:
Fashola tried for education in Lagos state,,in terms of infrastructure and others..

Fashola make me believe in public school back. His administration was the reason why my 3 siblings were withdrew from private to public own schools by my Dad. My testimony: when i enter a public school in Ikeja that have AC in some classes and staff room, i was like, 'this can't be true'. But you know what, it was true. God Bless Fashola, Me and You.
Re: The Shambolic State Of Secondary Education In Nigeria by breakingbad(m): 10:57pm On Aug 09, 2015
Let us suggest solutions to this problem. The government have a lot to do in restructuring public schools but private schools(business centres)still have a field day amassing fees whilst recklessly abandoning their primary duty. Government need to set strict measures to be adhered by both private and public schools
Re: The Shambolic State Of Secondary Education In Nigeria by DanielGb(m): 11:37pm On Aug 09, 2015
The problem is there is no more Zeal to be a school goer. The society has succeeded in changing alot of things and people at large. We are after 'show me the Money'. So, where is the money? ART & FUN. People pay for fun. Pay and Stand to watch ARTist and FUN maker. More people now go into music, film, comedy and other creative and fun seeking industry. The family form the society. Every parent have a role to play. To Train up the Child in the way He should go. However, many parent failed. In as much as some parents are poor and want there children to be rich and wealthy, they give little acknowledgement to education; its now, operation 'where is the money.' Regardless of this, we need both knowledge and money but we must go through the right way. Once you can read, write and calculate, it is done. That's the foundation. May be a bit of History and culture in addition. Other things are learned in order to acquired a skill and use it to work for money. But, time as change. The system has change. Time is System. With the Internet taking the lead role in connecting people in todays world and good search engines like 'Google', have make it possible to acquire any Skill; make money doing anything creative[if you can market and sell your product or service]. Learning as been made simple. I talk to my Siblings on this and they understand it. We are in a world of 'anything is possible' only if you understand the time we are and the current system in operation.

Visit this blog: www.globalexploit..com
have a jotter with you to jot somethings down.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Shambolic State Of Secondary Education In Nigeria by mathinips(m): 6:34am On Aug 10, 2015
DEGREE2466:
Teachers: No! I think the teachers should take less the blame because flogging has been abolished in secondary schools and that is the only tool a teacher can use to discipline his students.

Parents: Yes! Why? Because the tend to defend their children at all times even when they know that their child is recalcitrant and obstinate.

Also support illegal ways of manoeuvreing their wards way through.

Society: Largely! Reason is not far fetched. Everyone seems to condemn in all ramifications punishment of any sort by the teachers.

Government: Largely! Low pay and bad working conditions. If a teacher gets assaulted by the student, there is supposed to be a law protecting the teacher and punishing the student.

Students: Partly! They are in the society as such take everything the way society presented it to them.

Social Networks: Not at all.

That just it. Indecipline has taken ovet
Re: The Shambolic State Of Secondary Education In Nigeria by shizzy7(f): 1:05pm On Aug 11, 2015
DanielGb:

Fashola make me believe in public school back. His administration was the reason why my 3 siblings were withdrew from private to public own schools by my Dad. My testimony: when i enter a public school in Ikeja that have AC in some classes and staff room, i was like, 'this can't be true'. But you know what, it was true. God Bless Fashola, Me and You.
Right from ikeja down to the slums of Makoko.. one thing that stands out are the public schools...
. I attended a public school and now an undergraduate on a good standing,, I actually paid almost nothing throughout my sec. sch. days except PTA fee&stationaries.. even the textbooks was free.. we even had a generator, schools bus and all,, the teachers never complained about delayed salaries.. if there is anything I think fashola did really well then it just has to be education.. no wonder he had 86% pass rate.. I doubt if Ambode can continue with that legacy....
God Bless All of us. Amen..
Re: The Shambolic State Of Secondary Education In Nigeria by DanielGb(m): 9:46pm On Aug 11, 2015
shizzy7:
Right from ikeja down to the slums of Makoko.. one thing that stands out are the public schools...
. I attended a public school and now an undergraduate on a good standing,, I actually paid almost nothing throughout my sec. sch. days except PTA fee&stationaries.. even the textbooks was free.. we even had a generator, schools bus and all,, the teachers never complained about delayed salaries.. if there is anything I think fashola did really well then it just has to be education.. no wonder he had 86% pass rate.. I doubt if Ambode can continue with that legacy....
God Bless All of us. Amen..

Ambode to me is a joker. I didn't vote at the Governor's Inec election because, i dnt see him having dat gorilla mindset to work.
Re: The Shambolic State Of Secondary Education In Nigeria by shizzy7(f): 11:15pm On Aug 11, 2015
DanielGb:

Ambode to me is a joker. I didn't vote at the Governor's Inec election because, i dnt see him having dat gorilla mindset to work.
I swear,,I wish we had someone like el-rufai,, just 2months after election I think he's still clueless,, mere potholes along Akoka and Mushin roads have degenerated to completely bad roads... IF he had a mindset like Fashola who had a team that goes around and fills in little potholes in the night... He would not have to spend MILLIONS of naira on little things that Some Thousands could have solved.... I see a lot of Negligence and Waste in his tenure.,,,

And really if he doesn't play his cards right, PDP could take over Lagos in 2019,, 'cos he thinks 4yrs is still far away..
Re: The Shambolic State Of Secondary Education In Nigeria by DanielGb(m): 4:09pm On Aug 12, 2015
shizzy7:
I swear,,I wish we had someone like el-rufai,, just 2months after election I think he's still clueless,, mere potholes along Akoka and Mushin roads have degenerated to completely bad roads... IF he had a mindset like Fashola who had a team that goes around and fills in little potholes in the night... He would not have to spend MILLIONS of naira on little things that Some Thousands could have solved.... I see a lot of Negligence and Waste in his tenure.,,,

And really if he doesn't play his cards right, PDP could take over Lagos in 2019,, 'cos he thinks 4yrs is still far away..

In the next 4years, may not necessarily be PDP but, it will be an Opposition party. Tinubu is fast loosing it. He keep running Lagos like is personal property.

@ur DP: v.funny. Are some ladies like dis 4real? Hot and on Lowkey.
Re: The Shambolic State Of Secondary Education In Nigeria by shizzy7(f): 4:12pm On Aug 12, 2015
DanielGb:

In the next 4years, may not necessarily PDP but, it will an Opposition party. Tinubu keep running Lagos like is personal property.

@ur DP: v.funny. Are some ladies like dis 4real? Hot and on Lowkey.
Ah ah don't tell me you have not seen dwarfs like that before...... though the ones in Nigeria are always super Thick and strong
Re: The Shambolic State Of Secondary Education In Nigeria by DanielGb(m): 4:22pm On Aug 12, 2015
shizzy7:
Ah ah don't tell me you have not seen dwarfs like that before...... though the ones in Nigeria are always super Thick and strong

I have seen few. But, this babes get big Ikebe no b small.

Why didn't u use ur own picture?

U mentioned Akoka rd - Mushin. Seems like you are familiar with this area. U live around there?
Re: The Shambolic State Of Secondary Education In Nigeria by shizzy7(f): 5:48pm On Aug 12, 2015
DanielGb:

I have seen few. But, this babes get big Ikebe no b small.

Why didn't u use ur own picture?

U mentioned Akoka rd - Mushin. Seems like you are familiar with this area. U live around there?
I don't want to use my picture jaree,,,,
sometimes its good to be anonymous with the way some people usually insult on NL that's when someone will look at my dp now and tell me that I look like a squirrel....
yes, I am familiar with that area..
Re: The Shambolic State Of Secondary Education In Nigeria by DanielGb(m): 9:56pm On Aug 12, 2015
shizzy7:
I don't want to use my picture jaree,,,,
sometimes its good to be anonymous with the way some people usually insult on NL that's when someone will look at my dp now and tell me that I look like a squirrel....
yes, I am familiar with that area..

careless about what they say. They are not your God. Well, I reside in Mushin. Where do u stay?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Brain Test: If Ur Smart Answer This, I Know 80% Will Fail / JAMB Release My Answer Scripts / University Of Ibadan Wins Moot Competition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.