Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,066 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:35 AM

My Younger Brother's Devastated, He Lost All 150 Birds To Flooding - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Younger Brother's Devastated, He Lost All 150 Birds To Flooding (39704 Views)

Lost All My Birds..help / Cost Of Feed From 1,000 Birds To 10,000 Birds From The 1st Wk To 8th Or 18th Wk / Turkey Birds For Sale!!!!! Over 150 Birds Available!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Younger Brother's Devastated, He Lost All 150 Birds To Flooding by Nobody: 6:42pm On Aug 08, 2015
Accept our condolences bro, may God restore him embarassed
Re: My Younger Brother's Devastated, He Lost All 150 Birds To Flooding by Dollyak(f): 6:42pm On Aug 08, 2015
Sorry about that angry

1 Like

Re: My Younger Brother's Devastated, He Lost All 150 Birds To Flooding by fiftynaira(m): 6:42pm On Aug 08, 2015
Bad side of poultry...

Makes me remember same cause 1995

1 Like

Re: My Younger Brother's Devastated, He Lost All 150 Birds To Flooding by simongonner: 6:43pm On Aug 08, 2015
Kpele
Re: My Younger Brother's Devastated, He Lost All 150 Birds To Flooding by MrCounselor: 6:43pm On Aug 08, 2015
Sorry dude.
For sharp recovery from ds shock, predict & you can get many times fold of what you lost in this.

My signature speaks.
Re: My Younger Brother's Devastated, He Lost All 150 Birds To Flooding by Sard(m): 6:43pm On Aug 08, 2015
Freemanan:

What would you have me write?
At least you should have shown sympathy.
.... but wait o, I quoted you few minutes ago, and you have even replied before I could finish editing the post. Are you always online? You seriously need a job if you don't have one.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Younger Brother's Devastated, He Lost All 150 Birds To Flooding by Keepshining(f): 6:44pm On Aug 08, 2015
Sorry o,may God restore all your losses.
Re: My Younger Brother's Devastated, He Lost All 150 Birds To Flooding by Spybradd: 6:44pm On Aug 08, 2015
VickyRotex:
Awwwww! So sad.
I sympathize with him. May the Lost years be restored.
I lost a dog recently, and I know how bad it feels. cry
truly sorry for the op,downfall is not the end...God lift you up.

@vicki,baby u lost ur dog? u shudda called me now...
Re: My Younger Brother's Devastated, He Lost All 150 Birds To Flooding by arsetalks(m): 6:44pm On Aug 08, 2015
Such a shame. I am so sorry for your lost. But tell your brother this " a set back is a set up for a big comeback, when you fall, if you can look up, you can get up"

He should not be afraid of failing, he should instead fail forward. Two steps forward, one step backward is still one step forward.

So sorry once again. Hang in there warrior.

4 Likes

Re: My Younger Brother's Devastated, He Lost All 150 Birds To Flooding by Nobody: 6:44pm On Aug 08, 2015
Seun:
Eyah. Please he should do something with them before they go bad. He should cook them and sell the meat to someone who doesn't care or a pet owner.

Cook them? but they are dead already and besides they are just two-day old...
Re: My Younger Brother's Devastated, He Lost All 150 Birds To Flooding by cutekhalifa(m): 6:44pm On Aug 08, 2015
Sorry oooooo but must you post it on Nairaland ?
Re: My Younger Brother's Devastated, He Lost All 150 Birds To Flooding by deavicky(m): 6:45pm On Aug 08, 2015
So sorry dear. Please make u depose them properly
Re: My Younger Brother's Devastated, He Lost All 150 Birds To Flooding by elbaraj001(m): 6:46pm On Aug 08, 2015
Too bad...u gonna make it bigger someday...

1 Like

Re: My Younger Brother's Devastated, He Lost All 150 Birds To Flooding by hajhud: 6:47pm On Aug 08, 2015
aylipple:
My younger brother has been keeping birds (broiler) for commercial purposes for over 5 years now and this is the first time he would suffer this sort of calamity in the business.
In anticipation of the forthcoming Sallah, he'd collected 150 birds on Thursday, August 6 but little did he know that exactly two days later, he'll be counting his loss as all the birds, which were in brooding, died as a result of flooding occasioned by what didn't seem like a heavy rainfall at first, until the damage was assessed.
The pictures below tell the sad story of how 150 two-day old chicks drowned while we're inside the house without knowing their own had been flooded. sad
Ayyaaaaa sorry ko.

1 Like

Re: My Younger Brother's Devastated, He Lost All 150 Birds To Flooding by homesteady(m): 6:48pm On Aug 08, 2015
Eyaaa!
I just remembered Naijasinglegirl story on how Poultry business can drive someone crazy!
Re: My Younger Brother's Devastated, He Lost All 150 Birds To Flooding by dannewlife(m): 6:49pm On Aug 08, 2015
So bad.... Take heart dear.
Re: My Younger Brother's Devastated, He Lost All 150 Birds To Flooding by Nobody: 6:50pm On Aug 08, 2015
aylipple:
My younger brother has been keeping birds (broiler) for commercial purposes for over 5 years now and this is the first time he would suffer this sort of calamity in the business.
In anticipation of the forthcoming Sallah, he'd collected 150 birds on Thursday, August 6 but little did he know that exactly two days later, he'll be counting his loss as all the birds, which were in brooding, died as a result of flooding occasioned by what didn't seem like a heavy rainfall at first, until the damage was assessed.
The pictures below tell the sad story of how 150 two-day old chicks drowned while we're inside the house without knowing their own had been flooded. sad
MAY THEIR SOULS REST IN PERFECT PEACE!

IT MUST BE REALLY HARD ON THOSE CHICK.

THERE DEATH MAY NEVER BEING FORGOT!!
Re: My Younger Brother's Devastated, He Lost All 150 Birds To Flooding by aylipple: 6:51pm On Aug 08, 2015
Exactly. That's the same message of hope we gave him. Quite painful but it could've been worse if this happened when they are and after all the man-power and money sunk in.
dokiOloye:
Better for him that he lost in this early stage,than when the birds are near table size,when he must have spent a lot in feed and others.
Let him take heart sha,all loss na loss.
Re: My Younger Brother's Devastated, He Lost All 150 Birds To Flooding by ibk4luv(m): 6:51pm On Aug 08, 2015
Eiya .....
may the soul of those chicks Rest in Perfect Peace o
very sad
Re: My Younger Brother's Devastated, He Lost All 150 Birds To Flooding by roqrules04(m): 6:51pm On Aug 08, 2015
RIP to the Broilers!

But OP, I don't think that incidence is Normal oo lipsrsealed
Re: My Younger Brother's Devastated, He Lost All 150 Birds To Flooding by aylipple: 6:52pm On Aug 08, 2015
Already did. Thanks.
deavicky:
So sorry dear. Please make u depose them properly
Re: My Younger Brother's Devastated, He Lost All 150 Birds To Flooding by missKiffy(f): 6:56pm On Aug 08, 2015
Sorry about the loss, it is well
Re: My Younger Brother's Devastated, He Lost All 150 Birds To Flooding by sped1oro(m): 6:56pm On Aug 08, 2015
FAILURE IS PART OF SUCCESS, i really felt for the guy, but does the guy realize he can make money from the so called loss arising from the flood?
Although, am not into farming or poultry yet, but for a every challenge i encountered in any business venture, i tried to see what potential lies in that business.
For instance, i ventured into nylon polythene productions sometimes back, i made losses from the business when i started but today i am one of the most sought after CONSULTANT in the Nylon/Polythene business in Nigeria today. I even received orders from outside the country, e.g Kenya, USA, UK, Europe.etc. The secret is simple, having had that bad loss from the business at the initial stage i turned my experience to a book and have been charging 25k for a business plan on nylon production ever since.Check my profile and previous posts.
Re: My Younger Brother's Devastated, He Lost All 150 Birds To Flooding by aylipple: 6:57pm On Aug 08, 2015
No. But someone else could learn not to repeat some mistakes he made, which by the way, we noticed once the deed had been done. For instance, the entrance to where the chicks were being brooded could've been made higher above ground level. Secondly, never say "it can't happen to me" coz this is the first time he's experiencing this after over 5-years in the business.
cutekhalifa:
Sorry oooooo but must you post it on Nairaland ?

1 Like

Re: My Younger Brother's Devastated, He Lost All 150 Birds To Flooding by Seun(m): 6:57pm On Aug 08, 2015
Dharniel:

Cook them? but they are dead already and besides they are just two-day old...
OK they are younger than I thought but most dogs would still eat them if cooked before they go bad
Re: My Younger Brother's Devastated, He Lost All 150 Birds To Flooding by Chuksyno(m): 7:00pm On Aug 08, 2015
It's unfortunate. Do not lose hope God will provide for you to try again.
Re: My Younger Brother's Devastated, He Lost All 150 Birds To Flooding by aylipple: 7:02pm On Aug 08, 2015
The poultry isn't far; infact, it is behind our house. The intensity of the rainfall was what we underestimated+some anti-flooding measures he took, that obviously didn't work. Lessons learnt!
baba11:
This is one of the disadvantages of rearing your poultry very far from where you're staying. Had it been that he sited his farm very close to where he's staying, this wouldn't have happened.

Take heart!
Take cues from this and forge ahead!!
God willing, this will be the last time something like this will happen.
I shared your pains bro!!!! shocked
Re: My Younger Brother's Devastated, He Lost All 150 Birds To Flooding by gryhusky(m): 7:05pm On Aug 08, 2015
Governor Wike insists, Police officer that killed bus driver yesterday in Port Harcourt must be brought to justice....

His Excellency stated this today while addressing thousands of protesters at Mile 4 Market junction area of Port Harcourt. He warned that no one should take Laws into their hands no matter the provocation.

He hinted the protesters that he had earlier discussed on phone with the Commissioner of Police on the matter and the CP is taking actions accordingly.

He regretted the killing of the bus driver by the Police officer and assured that justice must be served for the purposes of deterrence.

The Governor who was on a routine tour of inspection of projects when he ran into the protesters told them to leave the road for normalcy to return to the area.

The Governor renewed his administration's commitment to protect life and property..

Re: My Younger Brother's Devastated, He Lost All 150 Birds To Flooding by baba11(m): 7:07pm On Aug 08, 2015
aylipple:
The poultry isn't far; infact, it is behind our house. The intensity of the rainfall was what we underestimated+some anti-flooding measures he took, that obviously didn't work. Lessons learnt!
Ehya,you took your investment for granted,so sad!!!!!
Re: My Younger Brother's Devastated, He Lost All 150 Birds To Flooding by Atlantian: 7:08pm On Aug 08, 2015
Rest in Peace to the birds. As for the farmer, if I find you, I will beat you with a cane for exposing these little birds to premature deaths.
Re: My Younger Brother's Devastated, He Lost All 150 Birds To Flooding by Pidggin(f): 7:13pm On Aug 08, 2015
Eya sorry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Another Rice Mill Established In Akwa Ibom / Check Out This Massive Bunch of Banana / My Journey Into Livestock Farming (Noiler 1st)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.