Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,283 members, 7,811,836 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:53 PM

My Younger Brother's Devastated, He Lost All 150 Birds To Flooding - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Younger Brother's Devastated, He Lost All 150 Birds To Flooding (39702 Views)

Lost All My Birds..help / Cost Of Feed From 1,000 Birds To 10,000 Birds From The 1st Wk To 8th Or 18th Wk / Turkey Birds For Sale!!!!! Over 150 Birds Available!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Younger Brother's Devastated, He Lost All 150 Birds To Flooding by KAYD007(m): 7:22pm On Aug 08, 2015
The Op`s brother should be arrested and prosecuted for negligence which has resulted to the murder by flood of 150 birds angry

The Op`s brother did not in anyway seek for the services of a carpenter that would have constructed a chicken house or shed for him. see the attached image to illustrate my point. he probably reared the chickens on encircle bare floor, when the flood came, were drowned.

so, why the sympathy? he should be made to do frog jump to the village square and given strokes of the cane by the village virgins. angry

1 Like

Re: My Younger Brother's Devastated, He Lost All 150 Birds To Flooding by authority2006(m): 7:24pm On Aug 08, 2015
naijainfogalery:
Aaaaaaw this is painful , but im happy this didnt happen when they are old, so he didnt really lose, considering the fact that those birds would sell for like N70 x 150 = 10,500 or 15,000 max, what would have happened when they are worth 1500 x 150 = N225,000. that would have been a calamity, He should brace himself up and see it as a lesson to make the place flood proof for future
Wrong analysis, do those birds look like N70 worth to you?
Re: My Younger Brother's Devastated, He Lost All 150 Birds To Flooding by IYANGBALI: 7:26pm On Aug 08, 2015
If abokey know where you dey live,dem go rush you to buy dem and do such,if mama shenoye and amaka wey get beer parlour and restaurant too go rush dem. I pity people wey dey chop for outside. Sorry bro cry
Re: My Younger Brother's Devastated, He Lost All 150 Birds To Flooding by wawaboy1(m): 7:27pm On Aug 08, 2015
RIP
Re: My Younger Brother's Devastated, He Lost All 150 Birds To Flooding by TOLULOPEMIDEAR(f): 7:28pm On Aug 08, 2015
So sorry
Re: My Younger Brother's Devastated, He Lost All 150 Birds To Flooding by Cchuks27(m): 7:32pm On Aug 08, 2015
Sorry about it bro. I wish him the best
Re: My Younger Brother's Devastated, He Lost All 150 Birds To Flooding by deadZONE: 7:34pm On Aug 08, 2015
aylipple:
My younger brother has been keeping birds (broiler) for commercial purposes for over 5 years now and this is the first time he would suffer this sort of calamity in the business.
In anticipation of the forthcoming Sallah, he'd collected 150 birds on Thursday, August 6 but little did he know that exactly two days later, he'll be counting his loss as all the birds, which were in brooding, died as a result of flooding occasioned by what didn't seem like a heavy rainfall at first, until the damage was assessed.
The pictures below tell the sad story of how 150 two-day old chicks drowned while we're inside the house without knowing their own had been flooded. sad
them dey pursue u from village grin grin grin
Re: My Younger Brother's Devastated, He Lost All 150 Birds To Flooding by persius555(m): 7:35pm On Aug 08, 2015
Agric Insurance comes to mind.
Re: My Younger Brother's Devastated, He Lost All 150 Birds To Flooding by Nobody: 7:38pm On Aug 08, 2015
VickyRotex:
Awwwww! So sad.

I sympathize with him. May the Lost years be restored.

I lost a dog recently, and I know how bad it feels. cry
person say him loose 150 ,you say you loose 1...see as you wicked!!!you go make the guy dey pained the more.@op,my kid brother loose like 300...so keep hope Alive.
Re: My Younger Brother's Devastated, He Lost All 150 Birds To Flooding by Nobody: 7:40pm On Aug 08, 2015
Sard:

At least you should have shown sympathy.
.... but wait o, I quoted you few minutes ago, and you have even replied before I could finish editing the post. Are you always online? You seriously need a job if you don't have one.
Some people get rich by being online... You dig?
Re: My Younger Brother's Devastated, He Lost All 150 Birds To Flooding by Nobody: 7:43pm On Aug 08, 2015
aylipple:
My younger brother has been keeping birds (broiler) for commercial purposes for over 5 years now and this is the first time he would suffer this sort of calamity in the business.
In anticipation of the forthcoming Sallah, he'd collected 150 birds on Thursday, August 6 but little did he know that exactly two days later, he'll be counting his loss as all the birds, which were in brooding, died as a result of flooding occasioned by what didn't seem like a heavy rainfall at first, until the damage was assessed.
The pictures below tell the sad story of how 150 two-day old chicks drowned while we're inside the house without knowing their own had been flooded. sad

Na to chop am remain oh....sorry bro...shiite happens.
Re: My Younger Brother's Devastated, He Lost All 150 Birds To Flooding by Nobody: 7:46pm On Aug 08, 2015
ndo. that was how I quit poultry farming after losing over 200 four weeks old broilers to coccocidiosis. I no get that liver to withstand that kin heartbreak again
Re: My Younger Brother's Devastated, He Lost All 150 Birds To Flooding by Sard(m): 7:54pm On Aug 08, 2015
Freemanan:
Some people get rich by being online... You dig?
Sure. No hard feeling. Have fun!
Re: My Younger Brother's Devastated, He Lost All 150 Birds To Flooding by aylipple: 7:56pm On Aug 08, 2015
Okay. He made mistakes which weren't deliberate and was never exposed until today's events. The flip side is the lapses have been noted and the human error on the intensity of the rain will never repeat itself. However, you're wrong on his not seeking the services of a carpenter coz he did and while it might not look exactly the same as the one whose image you posted, it is the same house and technique he has been using all these years with outstanding results. But lessons have been learnt. As for the caning, the "village virgins" have decided to be merciful!
KAYD007:
The Op`s brother should be arrested and prosecuted for negligence which has resulted to the murder by flood of 150 birds angry

The Op`s brother did not in anyway seek for the services of a carpenter that would have constructed a chicken house or shed for him. see the attached image to illustrate my point. he probably reared the chickens on encircle bare floor, when the flood came, were drowned.

so, why the sympathy? he should be made to do frog jump to the village square and given strokes of the cane by the village virgins. angry
Re: My Younger Brother's Devastated, He Lost All 150 Birds To Flooding by Nobody: 8:00pm On Aug 08, 2015
Sard:
Sure. No hard feeling. Have fun!
No choice...
Re: My Younger Brother's Devastated, He Lost All 150 Birds To Flooding by Waspy(m): 8:11pm On Aug 08, 2015
My condolences undecided undecided
Re: My Younger Brother's Devastated, He Lost All 150 Birds To Flooding by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 8:11pm On Aug 08, 2015
Freemanan:
okay
Guy u no try. Just a mere okay.

Please take heart and i strongly believe you will bounce back.
Re: My Younger Brother's Devastated, He Lost All 150 Birds To Flooding by PTNL: 8:11pm On Aug 08, 2015
So sorry bro! May their souls RIP. Thk God u never spend so much on feeds.
Re: My Younger Brother's Devastated, He Lost All 150 Birds To Flooding by VickyRotex(f): 8:21pm On Aug 08, 2015
Spybradd:

truly sorry for the op,downfall is not the end...God lift you up.

@vicki,baby u lost ur dog? u shudda called me now...

Huh? Called you to replace my dog? undecided
Re: My Younger Brother's Devastated, He Lost All 150 Birds To Flooding by VickyRotex(f): 8:24pm On Aug 08, 2015
hilaomo:
person say him loose 150 ,you say you loose 1...see as you wicked!!!you go make the guy dey pained the more.@op,my kid brother loose like 300...so keep hope Alive.

Lol. Bros, life na life na sad cry

I really feel sorry for the Op, and condolences to your kid brother aswel.
Re: My Younger Brother's Devastated, He Lost All 150 Birds To Flooding by teemsa: 8:30pm On Aug 08, 2015
Allah sarki.. Poor man... May God replenish his purse
Ameen
Re: My Younger Brother's Devastated, He Lost All 150 Birds To Flooding by Odegbami1(m): 8:46pm On Aug 08, 2015
i am realy sorry for the lost. i could imagine how you will be now after investing and hoping for a return in six weeks. nevertheless, we still need to thank God that you have not put in much money in terms of feed, drugs, time etc i pray Almight replenish your pocket. i always cherish those that works hard to survive and your situation rely torched me as i am about starting same business soonest. dont let down by this bro
Re: My Younger Brother's Devastated, He Lost All 150 Birds To Flooding by frakdon(m): 8:51pm On Aug 08, 2015
scribespad:
My heart goes out to your bro, this is such a big loss.
nd hw big is the loss? Biko.....that yur heart should go to him.
Re: My Younger Brother's Devastated, He Lost All 150 Birds To Flooding by cnestok: 9:03pm On Aug 08, 2015
Pele
Re: My Younger Brother's Devastated, He Lost All 150 Birds To Flooding by Donbabajay12(m): 9:07pm On Aug 08, 2015
Freemanan:
okay
At least try and be sensible for 1c
Re: My Younger Brother's Devastated, He Lost All 150 Birds To Flooding by lacicrips(m): 9:16pm On Aug 08, 2015
aylipple:
Sorry for your loss. Freeze this, I'll buy if its safe for pets.
Re: My Younger Brother's Devastated, He Lost All 150 Birds To Flooding by Felynx007(m): 9:29pm On Aug 08, 2015
Rip cry cry cry
Re: My Younger Brother's Devastated, He Lost All 150 Birds To Flooding by olafum1(m): 9:30pm On Aug 08, 2015
Sorry bro
Re: My Younger Brother's Devastated, He Lost All 150 Birds To Flooding by Nobody: 9:33pm On Aug 08, 2015
Donbabajay12:
At least try and be sensible for 1c
Sir.... Have I done something wrong?
Re: My Younger Brother's Devastated, He Lost All 150 Birds To Flooding by Cecero(m): 9:39pm On Aug 08, 2015
Take her bro.
Re: My Younger Brother's Devastated, He Lost All 150 Birds To Flooding by Totfulguy: 9:39pm On Aug 08, 2015
aylipple:

So sorry!
Re: My Younger Brother's Devastated, He Lost All 150 Birds To Flooding by no1madman(m): 9:47pm On Aug 08, 2015
scribespad:
My heart goes out to your bro, this is such a big loss.
grin shocked cry grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Another Rice Mill Established In Akwa Ibom / Check Out This Massive Bunch of Banana / My Journey Into Livestock Farming (Noiler 1st)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.