Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,580 members, 7,958,792 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 01:00 AM

Fashola Is A Criminal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Is A Criminal (1511 Views)

7 Roads Fashola Is Inspecting On His South East Tour. / Ongoing Work At Lagos-ibadan Expressway. Fashola Is Working (Pics) / I’m Not A Thief, I’m Not A Criminal – Suswam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola Is A Criminal by Nobody: 8:39pm On Aug 08, 2015
An am a very strong APC suppoter but this goes beyond supporting APC.

The allegation was that 78 million naira was paid for updating the website. The IT firm came out to say 10 million. Even that 10 million price is incredibly outrageous.

This is totally wrong.

I am a web developer so I would say that i have an apt knowledge of the Topic in question.

I have thoroughly reviewed the website and here is my professional opinion

1) That website is built on Joomla CMS. Fashola's IT Firm did not code that CMS from origin. The best they did was design a custom template for the CMS and no matter how amazing the template is, it would never cost more than $1000. Never.

2) The money would not have gone for the hosting. Dedicated Hosting plan cannot cost more than $50 per month. Even if He has to pay for 10 years, it would not be more than $6000

3) Since that website is a CMS, managing contents in the website would be pretty easy. The lie that the company is talking about that they would have to design hundreds of pages individually is bull crap. Updating contents in a CMS is just a 'click-to-upload' procedure. I am sure that most of us that are using the blogger CMS are already conversant with this process. Anybody that charges you more than $600 a month to update these contents is a gold digger.

4) Finally, i think fashola want to convert the website to his personal property. You do not register a government property with your personal name. What happens if you leave the government or the office?

We should learn to drop party or individual affliations and say the truth for the general good of this country and generations yet unborn.
Re: Fashola Is A Criminal by makzeze: 8:40pm On Aug 08, 2015
you are a criminal too. idiat
Re: Fashola Is A Criminal by Shehucom(m): 8:40pm On Aug 08, 2015
All politicians are criminals apart from Baba Buhari..

1 Like

Re: Fashola Is A Criminal by Bacteriocin(m): 8:40pm On Aug 08, 2015
accepted. ki lo wa shele?
Re: Fashola Is A Criminal by Brightology2(m): 8:43pm On Aug 08, 2015
All politician re thieves even bubu.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Is A Criminal by Nobody: 8:46pm On Aug 08, 2015
makzeze:

you mustn't always show that you are bush. angry

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Is A Criminal by Brightology2(m): 8:47pm On Aug 08, 2015
U're one of apc e-cow
makzeze:

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Is A Criminal by Brightology2(m): 8:48pm On Aug 08, 2015
Apc is a scam
Re: Fashola Is A Criminal by Nobody: 8:49pm On Aug 08, 2015
Brightology2:
Apc is a scam

It's more about the individual, not the party. If fashola is a proven to be a thief and a liar, he should be jailed.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Is A Criminal by Brightology2(m): 8:52pm On Aug 08, 2015
Gbam.I norminate u 4 minister of justice
shachris:

It's more about the individual, not the party. If fashola is a proven to be a thief and a liar, he should be jailed.
Re: Fashola Is A Criminal by Nobody: 8:56pm On Aug 08, 2015
Brightology2:
Gbam.I norminate u 4 minister of justice

i pray proper investigation should be carried out, and if fashola is found wanting, the should be jailed asap.

It pains me mostly because i know the struggle we developer go through to get web design contracts, and most times these same government agencies that claims to help the youth, deny us the contracts, only for them to award it to their non-competent cronies to design shabby websites for outrageous amounts....with our common wealth.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Is A Criminal by podosci(m): 9:02pm On Aug 08, 2015
The company that designed the website have come out to refute the claims and said they weren't paid close to 10million naira and it involved design and regular maitainace, also phone and system as were designed. Going by your $600 a month maintained fee, let's say the website was to be maintained for 10years plus design fee..do you think 10million is still exaggerated?
Re: Fashola Is A Criminal by wordbank(m): 9:05pm On Aug 08, 2015
Op na one man EFCC
Re: Fashola Is A Criminal by Nobody: 9:08pm On Aug 08, 2015
podosci:
The company that designed the website have come out to refute the claims and said they weren't paid close to 10million naira and it involved design and regular maitainace, also phone and system as were designed. Going by your $600 a month maintained fee, let's say the website was to be maintained for 10years plus design fee..do you think 10million is still exaggerated?

I over exaggerated that amount because it is a government job. It can't be paid for 10 years. Remember this amount that came out is for regular maintenance and update. That means it is paid for every year with each new budget.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Is A Criminal by Nobody: 9:09pm On Aug 08, 2015
wordbank:
Op na one man EFCC

You do not need EFCC. The facts are out there. The document was released by Lagos state Government and it is included in their budget.

Factually did not deny spending the money. it's the amount that is in contention now. Even the amount he claims he spent is outrageous.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Is A Criminal by Brightology2(m): 9:12pm On Aug 08, 2015
Dats hw dey ve been inflating every contract since God kns wen.am feed up with dis can3,ghana here i kme
shachris:

i pray proper investigation should be carried out, and if fashola is found wanting, the should be jailed asap.

It pains me mostly because i know the struggle we developer go through to get web design contracts, and most times these same government agencies that claims to help the youth, deny us the contracts, only for them to award it to their non-competent cronies to design shabby websites for outrageous amounts....with our common wealth.
Re: Fashola Is A Criminal by Brightology2(m): 9:17pm On Aug 08, 2015
Lacasera sori i mean lalasticala pls tk this thread 2 d promise land, so dat pple can see what st. fashola has done 2 lagosians
Re: Fashola Is A Criminal by staymore: 9:26pm On Aug 08, 2015
Just 78million? South-south state governors steal in billions.
Web design contract in Rivers state would have cost nothing less than 1.5billion, if am lying go ask Amaechi.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Is A Criminal by wordbank(m): 9:26pm On Aug 08, 2015
shachris:

You do not need EFCC. The facts are out there. The document was released by Lagos state Government and it is included in their budget.

Factually did not deny spending the money. it's the amount that is in contention now. Even the amount he claims he spent is outrageous.
I'm not really into Lagos and it's politics, Rivers State is quite big for me to handle but I'll study your grievances and get back to you
Re: Fashola Is A Criminal by Nobody: 9:28pm On Aug 08, 2015
staymore:
Just 78million? South-south state governors steal in billions.
Web design contract in Rivers state would have cost nothing less than 1.5billion, if am lying go ask Amaechi.

my brother, it pains me personally because they deny we up and coming designers those jobs only to give it to their cronies to design crap. I can design a better website than that for less than 200k.
Re: Fashola Is A Criminal by Trailblazer1(m): 9:30pm On Aug 08, 2015
shachris:
An am a very strong APC suppoter but this goes beyond supporting APC.

The allegation was that 78 million naira was paid for updating the website. The IT firm came out to say 10 million. Even that 10 million price is incredibly outrageous.

This is totally wrong.

I am a web developer so I would say that i have an apt knowledge of the Topic in question.

I have thoroughly reviewed the website and here is my professional opinion

1) That website is built on Joomla CMS. Fashola's IT Firm did not code that CMS from origin. The best they did was design a custom template for the CMS and no matter how amazing the template is, it would never cost more than $1000. Never.

2) The money would not have gone for the hosting. Dedicated Hosting plan cannot cost more than $50 per month. Even if He has to pay for 10 years, it would not be more than $6000

3) Since that website is a CMS, managing contents in the website would be pretty easy. The lie that the company is talking about that they would have to design hundreds of pages individually is bull crap. Updating contents in a CMS is just a 'click-to-upload' procedure. I am sure that most of us that are using the blogger CMS are already conversant with this process. Anybody that charges you more than $600 a month to update these contents is a gold digger.

4) Finally, i think fashola want to convert the website to his personal property. You do not register a government property with your personal name. What happens if you leave the government or the office?

We should learn to drop party or individual affliations and say the truth for the general good of this country and generations yet unborn.

The scales that blinded you are gradually falling off. You'll soon be tagged a wailingwailer undecided
Re: Fashola Is A Criminal by BlackBaron: 9:33pm On Aug 08, 2015
Hehehe.

Once we start seeing any and every man held accountable for their actions. Then Nigeria would move forward.

Please, EFCC should do the needful.
Re: Fashola Is A Criminal by Trailblazer1(m): 9:35pm On Aug 08, 2015
podosci:
The devils advocate

See your life undecided
Re: Fashola Is A Criminal by dunkem21(m): 9:36pm On Aug 08, 2015
shachris:

my brother, it pains me personally because they deny we up and coming designers those jobs only to give it to their cronies to design crap. I can design a better website than that for less than 200k.

Hmnnn ..dem go nickname you Wailer' o ..

You wouldn't believe what happened in the APC situation room.

Let's strike a deal ..I bring N200k and we design a better website and show Fashola ..

..And maybe, Buhari grin

1 Like

Re: Fashola Is A Criminal by jamace(m): 9:37pm On Aug 08, 2015
Fashola is a systematic looter. Read more here: https://www.nairaland.com/2147714/how-fashola-looted-n402bn-lagos

If Buhari fails to probe Fashola, I will be seriously disappointed in Buhari.
Re: Fashola Is A Criminal by tucky200(m): 9:37pm On Aug 08, 2015
Brightology2:
All politician re thieves even bubu.
Really ?
What did he steal ??
Re: Fashola Is A Criminal by dunkem21(m): 9:38pm On Aug 08, 2015
tucky200:
Really ? What did he steal ??
His assets grin
Re: Fashola Is A Criminal by tucky200(m): 9:41pm On Aug 08, 2015
dunkem21:

His assets grin
Has he declared it ?
Re: Fashola Is A Criminal by dunkem21(m): 9:45pm On Aug 08, 2015
tucky200:
Has he declared it ?

Yes!
Re: Fashola Is A Criminal by podosci(m): 9:47pm On Aug 08, 2015
Lol, wet in I do nah...I love Gov Fashola and Gov Obiano for their good works so pardon me if I give them the benefit of a doubt if an allegation is raised against them. Its really painful and disheartening
Re: Fashola Is A Criminal by Nobody: 10:01pm On Aug 08, 2015
podosci:
Lol, wet in I do nah...I love Gov Fashola and Gov Obiano for their good works so pardon me if I give them the benefit of a doubt if an allegation is raised against them. Its really painful and disheartening

it goes beyond loving the man. i love the man too, but he really did let me down in this case.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Is A Criminal by Brightology2(m): 10:25pm On Aug 08, 2015
Yes,150 cow in duara
tucky200:
Really ? What did he steal ??

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ex-gov. Fashola Spits Fire / Photos Of Suspected Masterminds Of Nyanya And Kuje Bomb Blasts / SEE The South-african Lady Who Thinks All Nigerian Women Are Ugly [photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.