Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

APC: Without Tangible Evidence, EFCC Will Not Go After Tinubu, Amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC: Without Tangible Evidence, EFCC Will Not Go After Tinubu, Amaechi (20409 Views)

Shettima Names Estate After Tinubu In Borno / Apc:without Tangible Evidence Efcc Will Not Go After Tinubu,amaechi.... / Buhari, Tinubu, Amaechi Break Ramadan Fast This Evening (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC: Without Tangible Evidence, EFCC Will Not Go After Tinubu, Amaechi by midolian(m): 7:00am On Aug 09, 2015
•Warns PDP that being in opposition is not immunity from prosecution

In a pointed response to the opposition Peoples Democratic Party, All Progressives Congress said yesterday that the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission would not act against leaders of the ruling party except it has solid evidence.
APC was reacting to calls by PDP for the probe of the ruling party’s national leader, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, director-general of the Buhari campaign organisation, former Rivers State Governor Rotimi Amaechi, and others alleged to have funded President Muhammadu’s campaign at the last general elections.

APC also warned that being in the opposition does not grant PDP members immunity from prosecution, in an unmistakable answer to the opposition party’s allegations about a witch-hunt against its members by EFCC.
PDP had yesterday said its national publicity secretary, Chief Olisa Metuh, had been under incessant and unnecessary attacks by those it called anti-PDP forces seeking to scare him off his statutory role as mouthpiece of the party. The former ruling party had been accusing the EFCC of bias against PDP members in its anticorruption campaign and challenging the commission to also beam its searchlight on APC chieftains, especially, those believed to have financed the party at the last elections.

PDP reiterated its allegations recently during a visit to the party’s national secretariat by leaders of its senate caucus in the 8th National Assembly led by the Minority Leader, Chief Godswill Akpabio. The acting national chairman of PDP, Chief Uche Secondus, drew the attention of Buhari to alleged one-sided arrests and prosecutions being conducted by EFCC.

However, the APC national publicity secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, said yesterday that there was no justification for PDP’s allegations about a one-sided anticorruption campaign, dismissing the opposition party’s call for probe of APC leaders as cheap blackmail.

“Didn't the EFCC arrest Governor Murtala Nyako and other politicians who are members of the APC?” Mohammed wondered, stressing, “So I don't think the EFCC has been one-sided. There is no truth in what the PDP and the senators are saying. This is nothing but cheap blackmail.”

The APC spokesman said, “With what evidence will the EFCC go after Tinubu or Amaechi. What were they accused of? Why will they go after them if there are no petitions against them? If they have any evidence, let them show such evidence or petition against any of these people. They cannot just ask the EFCC to go after someone without concrete evidence of indictment against the person.”

On the allegation that EFCC was using scare tactics against Metuh for exposing wrong-doings of the ruling party, Mohammed said PDP was merely crying wolf. He said the APC government had no reason to persecute anyone on account of his or her political affiliation, adding, however, that no one can cheat or flout the law of the land and expect to hide under the cover of opposition party membership to evade justice.

“Why would he be complaining that someone is after him? As a matter of fact, no one is above the law and being in an opposition does not give anybody immunity from prosecution over corrupt practices,” APC spokesman said.
The statement yesterday signed by Metuh’s special assistant, Mr. Richard Ihediwa, alleged a coordinated assault by anti-PDP forces on the PDP spokesman for daring to speak out against the APC-led administration. But it said the opposition spokesman remained undaunted.

Ihediwa stated, “A credible intelligence information available to us has shown that apart from instigating some unsuspecting persons within our party to peddle lies and insults against Chief Metuh, there is a well-coordinated assault by anti-PDP forces who have engaged heavily paid consultants masquerading as writers and columnists, in addition to social media hirelings, some of who use pseudonyms to attack him for daring to speak out against the undemocratic actions and tendencies of the APC-led administration.”

Buhari had affirmed during an exclusive interview on July 21 with CNN's Christiane Amanpour that he will not cover up acts of corruption even among his party members, saying any of his associates found guilty of corruption will face the full weight of the law.

“If any of my associates or party members is indicted of corruption, they cannot escape justice. There is not going to be any APC member or any close personality found guilty that would escape justice,” he said.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/apc-without-tangible-evidence-efcc-will-not-go-after-tinubu-amaechi/217002/

3 Likes

Re: APC: Without Tangible Evidence, EFCC Will Not Go After Tinubu, Amaechi by sluk(m): 7:02am On Aug 09, 2015
That's gonna be a hit for Buhari

2 Likes

Re: APC: Without Tangible Evidence, EFCC Will Not Go After Tinubu, Amaechi by dayo23(f): 7:03am On Aug 09, 2015
Let the PDP noisemakers present the evidence of corrupt practises by Tinubu and Co, even their master GEJ couldn't probe Tinubu because there was no evidence of corrupt practises to nailed Tinubu down, the only thing these PDP fo0ls with there supporters does is to shout at the front of newspapers that Tinubu is this and that. Useless people

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC: Without Tangible Evidence, EFCC Will Not Go After Tinubu, Amaechi by hakeem4(m): 7:03am On Aug 09, 2015
grin

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC: Without Tangible Evidence, EFCC Will Not Go After Tinubu, Amaechi by midolian(m): 7:05am On Aug 09, 2015
Wailers undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC: Without Tangible Evidence, EFCC Will Not Go After Tinubu, Amaechi by Nobody: 7:05am On Aug 09, 2015
Very big hit
Re: APC: Without Tangible Evidence, EFCC Will Not Go After Tinubu, Amaechi by Rilwayne001: 7:06am On Aug 09, 2015
cheesy

1 Like

Re: APC: Without Tangible Evidence, EFCC Will Not Go After Tinubu, Amaechi by donholy28(m): 7:07am On Aug 09, 2015
Na because say Tinubu dey d list if not sahara reporters 4 don already get hidden evidence from unknown source

71 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC: Without Tangible Evidence, EFCC Will Not Go After Tinubu, Amaechi by BigElEddy(m): 7:09am On Aug 09, 2015
Provide evidence or shut up. Wike has been wailing about Ameachi yet all he has shown us as evidence is the governors bedroom and kitchen claiming Ameachi stole bed spread, plates, and spoons.
Most People EFCC have gone after from the last administration like Dasuki are not suppose to belong to any party in the first place.
For those wailing "witch hunting", there is a concept of witch hunting that was applied during the old days. If someone is suspected of practicing witchcraft, the person is chased, caught and then tried before a panel. If found guilty the person is burnt, if NOT GUILTY they let the person GO.
So nobody should be scared unless they practiced some sort of "witchcraft" during their time in public offices.

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC: Without Tangible Evidence, EFCC Will Not Go After Tinubu, Amaechi by Nobody: 7:09am On Aug 09, 2015
Mr. Liar earning his pay as usual.
Lie on Sir but remember that your legacy of lying, just like Ojukwu manhood, will surely live after your generation must have passed. undecided

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC: Without Tangible Evidence, EFCC Will Not Go After Tinubu, Amaechi by dayo23(f): 7:09am On Aug 09, 2015
donholy28:
Na because say Tinubu dey d list if not sahara reporters 4 don already get hidden evidence from unknown source
so it only saharareporters that can provide evidence? PDP you people are bunch of lunatics asweaar

29 Likes

Re: APC: Without Tangible Evidence, EFCC Will Not Go After Tinubu, Amaechi by Mynd44: 7:10am On Aug 09, 2015
I wonder why Governor Wike has not started the probe of Ameachi's administration yet. Probe the guy and send your submissions to the EFCC and stop yelling.

As for Tinubu, has he not been tried 3 times in court and found innocent? What's wrong with people?

48 Likes

Re: APC: Without Tangible Evidence, EFCC Will Not Go After Tinubu, Amaechi by midolian(m): 7:20am On Aug 09, 2015
Mynd44:
I wonder why Governor Wike has not started the probe of Ameachi's administration yet. Probe the guy and send your submissions to the EFCC and stop yelling.

As for Tinubu, has he not been tried 3 times in court and found innocent? What's wrong with people?
I tire o! Even their paymaster(Mr clueless) tried all he could(when he was in power) to bring him down but couldn't.. It's surprising to see the children of hate wailing "Buhari should jail tinubu" and bla bla bla

29 Likes

Re: APC: Without Tangible Evidence, EFCC Will Not Go After Tinubu, Amaechi by bewla(m): 7:20am On Aug 09, 2015
madu madu
Re: APC: Without Tangible Evidence, EFCC Will Not Go After Tinubu, Amaechi by joseph1832(m): 7:21am On Aug 09, 2015
Allegations and allegations. If the PDP wanted Tinubu and Amaechi probed, they should petition the EFCC with hard evidence and facts to back up their petition, not throwing allegation up and down as if they're practicing beer parlor politics.

16 Likes

Re: APC: Without Tangible Evidence, EFCC Will Not Go After Tinubu, Amaechi by Chubhie: 7:26am On Aug 09, 2015
APC and PDP should quit bringing tribe,religion or creed into this corruption fight!!!!!

PMB should be focused on ridding the land of corruption.

7 Likes

Re: APC: Without Tangible Evidence, EFCC Will Not Go After Tinubu, Amaechi by jamesharryson(m): 7:28am On Aug 09, 2015
Please tell me what evidence are these people talking about. The case of him alone doing most works in lagos state is it not enough for him to be invited for queries? His actions as the governor of lagos state are they not enough to invite him for queries? If it was a poor fellow, his house would have been overtaken by the almighty toothless EFCC

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC: Without Tangible Evidence, EFCC Will Not Go After Tinubu, Amaechi by midolian(m): 7:33am On Aug 09, 2015
jamesharryson:
Please tell me what evidence are these people talking about. The case of him alone doing most works in lagos state is it not enough for him to be invited for queries? His actions as the governor of lagos state are they not enough to invite him for queries? If it was a poor fellow, his house would have been overtaken by the almighty toothless EFCC
why didn't oga jonah do the needful when he was in power? Has Tinubu not bn tried? What was the result? undecided

Some of you just reason like as if there is a grave punishment for reasoning well. angry #noVex

19 Likes

Re: APC: Without Tangible Evidence, EFCC Will Not Go After Tinubu, Amaechi by Mynd44: 7:34am On Aug 09, 2015
midolian:
I tire o! Even their paymaster(Mr clueless) tried all he could(when he he was in power) to bring him down but couldn't.. It's surprising to see the children of hate wailing "Buhari should jail tinubu" and bla bla bla
While I am not about to hold brief for Tinubu, if anyone has any evidence that he has diverted funds, they can send it to the EFCC and let then work. I wonder if those who are being tried by the EFCC were arrested by President Buhari or has the president turned into a policeman?

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC: Without Tangible Evidence, EFCC Will Not Go After Tinubu, Amaechi by Boscojugunu(m): 7:35am On Aug 09, 2015
jamesharryson:
u still don't get. If u have any evidence against him, kindly write a petition attaching Ur evidence and submit it to the appropriate quarters. Or better still if u don't know how to go by it, mail me I will surely help u with it. And please stop ranting

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC: Without Tangible Evidence, EFCC Will Not Go After Tinubu, Amaechi by temitemi1(m): 7:38am On Aug 09, 2015
They should not worry the evidence is coming... We are still waiting for efcc to invite tundefashola.com grin grin grin

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC: Without Tangible Evidence, EFCC Will Not Go After Tinubu, Amaechi by MizMyColi(f): 7:39am On Aug 09, 2015
Did They Look For Any (Evidence) And Not Find One?

7 Likes

Re: APC: Without Tangible Evidence, EFCC Will Not Go After Tinubu, Amaechi by midolian(m): 7:41am On Aug 09, 2015
MizMyColi:
Did They Look For Any (Evidence) And Not Find One?
I believe this question is for those in the opposition. Really can't wait for them to forward their petition(s) to the EFCC.

4 Likes

Re: APC: Without Tangible Evidence, EFCC Will Not Go After Tinubu, Amaechi by dayo23(f): 7:41am On Aug 09, 2015
temitemi1:
They should not worry the evidence is coming... We are still waiting for efcc to invite tundefashola.com grin grin grin
Then until they do that, just shut up

7 Likes

Re: APC: Without Tangible Evidence, EFCC Will Not Go After Tinubu, Amaechi by MizMyColi(f): 7:43am On Aug 09, 2015
midolian:
I believe this question is for those in the opposition

That a person was tried in court and acquitted does not necessarily lay grounds for a declaration of total innocence.

Some People are good at covering their tracks, pressing the right buttons and pushing the right strings.

Morality and Ethics begins where the law ends.

Anyone who comes on this thread and declares in good conscience that he or she believes Tinubu et Amaechi and co, even Jonathan...have no vestige of corruption hanging around them, will be condemned and sentenced to mental rehabilitation by me.
Angel Gabriel will specially handle your casegrin

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: APC: Without Tangible Evidence, EFCC Will Not Go After Tinubu, Amaechi by midolian(m): 7:47am On Aug 09, 2015
MizMyColi:

That a person was tried in court and acquired does not necessarily lay grounds for a declaration of total innocence.

Some People are
lemme repeat this line to you, my lady ..."If they have any evidence, let them show such evidence or petition against any of these people. They cannot just ask the EFCC to go after someone without concrete evidence of indictment against the person.”. And it is expected that in the absence of this, ye wailers shld remain silent.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC: Without Tangible Evidence, EFCC Will Not Go After Tinubu, Amaechi by GenBloodykiIler: 7:50am On Aug 09, 2015
then i can technically tell you that there is nothing like corruption fight.

what we have here is a mere witch hunting

Buhari is a terrorist - Elrufai

midolian is a gworo seller - abduljabbar4

omenka =omenkata

egift is a thief - midolian

4 Likes

Re: APC: Without Tangible Evidence, EFCC Will Not Go After Tinubu, Amaechi by MizMyColi(f): 7:51am On Aug 09, 2015
midolian:
lemme repeat this line to you, my lady ..."If they have any evidence, let them show such evidence or petition against any of these people. They cannot just ask the EFCC to go after someone without concrete evidence of indictment against the person.”. And it is expected that in the absence of this, ye wailers shld remain silent.

GEJ was not interested in bringing anyone down.
He promoted the chop-I-chop policy because he believed it will keep the lions at bay and allow him settle down to governing.

Buhari on the other hand can't deal with a spec of corruption.

Given his executive powers, we expect him to launch a sincere probe into these individuals, and do some fact finding, without fear or favour, but can he?

Next thing they'll tell me now is that Obasanjo is the holiest saint alive.

5 Likes

Re: APC: Without Tangible Evidence, EFCC Will Not Go After Tinubu, Amaechi by midolian(m): 7:53am On Aug 09, 2015
MizMyColi:

That a person was tried in court and acquired does not necessarily lay grounds for a declaration of total innocence.

Some People are good at covering their tracks, pressing the right buttons and pushing the right strings.

Morality and Ethics begins where the law ends.

Anyone who comes on this thread and declares in good conscience that he or she believes Tinubu et Amaechi and co, even Jonathan...have no vestige of corruption hanging around them, will be condemned and sentenced to mental rehabilitation by me.
Angel Gabriel will specially handle your casegrin
I think you have a point there. No one can say for sure that they are all clean(except for GEJ) grin..buh they are smarter than one another. Some know how to cover their tracks, while some don't.

There is a funny saying that "Na almost all of us they steal. But na person wey dem catch be thief" grin

6 Likes

Re: APC: Without Tangible Evidence, EFCC Will Not Go After Tinubu, Amaechi by sarutobie(m): 7:53am On Aug 09, 2015
Who determines what is "tangible "and what is not?

1 Like

Re: APC: Without Tangible Evidence, EFCC Will Not Go After Tinubu, Amaechi by joseph1832(m): 7:56am On Aug 09, 2015
midolian:
Unfortunately some people just can't seem to get it that evidence is different from allegation.

Imagine what the girl you quoted said? That further proves my position, if a court acquit you can you be said to still be guilty?. Honestly, some monikers here have made themselves best friends with fallacy.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Aregbesola's Light Up Project In Osun (Photos) / Police Declare Yusuf Binji, BUA Cement MD Wanted Over Attack On Obaseki’s Convoy / Matthew Seiyefa Recalls Redeployed DSS Officers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.