Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,574 members, 7,812,865 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:55 PM

Shettima Names Estate After Tinubu In Borno - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shettima Names Estate After Tinubu In Borno (14589 Views)

Kola Abiola Hugs Tinubu In Aso Rock As Buhari Confers GCFR On His Father. Photos / After Tinubu’s Letter To Oyegun, Buhari Meets APC Chairman / Presidency Silent Over Obasanjo's Letter After Tinubu, Akande & Buhari's Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shettima Names Estate After Tinubu In Borno by sarrki(m): 4:18am On Mar 08, 2017
Borno State Governor, Kashim Shettima has explained that his administration named an estate after former Lagos State Governor, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, to appreciate him for freeing the state’s APC from the hands of a ‘tyrant’ who made frantic efforts to hijack the party’s machinery ahead of the 2015 governorship, national and state assembly elections in Borno State “but was resisted by forces led by Tinubu in favour of the governor and majority of his associates.”

Shettima explanation is related to Tinubu’s two-day visit to Borno State last Monday and Tuesday where he inaugurated 432 houses, 13 primary and junior secondary schools and a fully furnished ‎estate with 26 apartments in five sets of three-storey buildings for medical doctors, named ‘Bola Tinubu Court’.

He recalled that he succeeded in taking control of the Borno State APC in 2015 largely because Tinubu refused to support the game plan of a “wealthy tyrant” (whose name he didn’t mention) that fought hard to seize the state APC as his personal estate.

“For us in Borno State APC, I must confess, that we owe our political freedom and independence to not only our firmness but importantly, to the wisdom and sincerity of Tinubu. Someone has asked me yesterday and sort to know our reasons‎ not for inviting Tinubu to inaugurate projects but for naming a project after him in the state. I replied the person in five words by saying: ‘It’s our show of gratitude. Naturally, the person asked me, gratitude in what sense. I explained that after the APC was created in the buildup to the 2015 elections, we firmly resisted serious attempts by someone who wanted to completely hijack the entire party machinery with total disregard for our existence. But despite our resistance, that person would probably have had some oxygen if he had secured the support of Tinubu.

“From day one, Tinubu was opposed to political tyranny in the state and was in support of our political freedom and democratic liberty. He showed clear support for the APC machinery in the state to rest with us because he knew that our commitment to the APC was genuine and not for the sake of trading the party, the APC, with the then President seeking re-election under PDP,” Shettima noted.

He added that “we had President Muhammadu Buhari’s electrifying popularity to our advantage which significantly helped us during the elections. Before the elections, we had the wisdom and sincerity of Tinubu who supported us to remain in control of the APC in the state, secured our primaries and deployed energies to winning not just the governorship but also all the three senatorial, 10 House of Representatives and 28 State Assembly seats in state. ‎ We are grateful to you for your leadership and for your sincere support in our battle of freedom from political tyranny.”

Shettima also paid tribute to Tinubu for his humility, noting that the attitude of his wife, Mrs Oluremi Tinubu, reveals the man in him.

‎”There is an African saying (I think from Ethiopia) that often times, the true nature of a very powerful man, is easily seen from the character of his favourite wife.”

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2017/03/08/shettima-why-we-named-estate-after-tinubu/

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Shettima Names Estate After Tinubu In Borno by DrDeji20(m): 4:19am On Mar 08, 2017
this part look beyond politics. I love this part

" where he inaugurated 432 houses, 13 primary and junior secondary schools and a fully furnished estate with 26 apartments in five sets of three-storey buildings for medical doctors, named ‘Bola Tinubu Court’."

this is increasing the lives of the people of Borno state.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Shettima Names Estate After Tinubu In Borno by DonLo: 4:34am On Mar 08, 2017
Shetima has shown gratitude and the tendency of being loyal.
Bola Tinubu is indeed a man we should be grateful to because had it not be for his political wisdom, PDP would most likely be in power. One thing that separates him from the typical Nigerian politician is his ability to spot talents, supports them yet giving them the freedom to perform while keeping a distance without undue Godfatherism influence. Before the election, he was by far the most powerful person in APC whose influence won Buhari the primaries despite a more structured and funded campaign from Atiku.
He is definitely the leader of the Yoruba, a position that should automatically have gone to Obasanjo having been a three time head of state. This further shows that leadership is not by position but your influence.
Despite having last occupied an elective position 10 years ago, he still commands so much respect even more than the most recent head of state.
Many would do anything to wane his power in APC, because a less powerful Tinubu the better for many.
Call him anything, he remains a detribalise Nigerian, The Jagaban of Borgu.

111 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Shettima Names Estate After Tinubu In Borno by madridguy(m): 4:43am On Mar 08, 2017
Noted.
Re: Shettima Names Estate After Tinubu In Borno by SamuelAnyawu(m): 5:18am On Mar 08, 2017
Shettima is trying...

Street lights on all major roads in Maiduguri

18 Likes

Re: Shettima Names Estate After Tinubu In Borno by Nobody: 5:41am On Mar 08, 2017
Shetima recalled that Tinubu refused to support the game plan of a wealthy tyrant that fought hard to seize the state APC
as his personal estate.
That same "wealthy tyrant"(Sheriff) has succeeded in converting the one time biggest political party in Africa to his personal estate. I can see the reason behind Obj's usual statement that "PDP is dead".

All hail the Jagaban of Africa!

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shettima Names Estate After Tinubu In Borno by shukuokukobambi: 5:59am On Mar 08, 2017
Such effusive praise from shettima. I was wondering what tinubu did to earn such honour but now i know. cheesy

Its not easy to be under the yoke of sheriff. Anybody who is delivered from him must be grateful. If you doubt, ask PDP cheesy

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shettima Names Estate After Tinubu In Borno by kayzat: 6:00am On Mar 08, 2017
Sheriff that was dealt with like a kid by Tinubu is now the snake lording over the PDP and giving them massive headache that can't find a way out of his grip.

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Shettima Names Estate After Tinubu In Borno by sarrki(m): 6:01am On Mar 08, 2017
kayzat:
Sheriff that was dealt with like a kid by Tinubu is now the snake lording over the PDP and giving them massive headache that can't find a way out of his grip.

Lol

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shettima Names Estate After Tinubu In Borno by kayzat: 6:10am On Mar 08, 2017
sarrki:

Lol

He was easily kicked out despite having all the ANPP structure in his pocket but now without any viable structure in the PDP they can't find any reasonable way of freeing the party out of pocket .

Even 100 of Mr fix-it , Oshokomole, Iroko, Wike , Tewonde George , tonyebarcanista and all their self acclaimed political wizards are clueless on how to rescue themselves from sheriff

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shettima Names Estate After Tinubu In Borno by azimibraun: 6:24am On Mar 08, 2017
Does Anybody still doubt this Shettima guy? What a modern Man. See how you appreciate a friend by not giving him thhe cash but honouring him with the commissioning of projects that both you an him aare not the direct first line beneficiaries. Governors pls learn from shettima. In the thick of the boko haram insurgency when just a part of maiduguri was left in the government control, this Man remained with his people an said he is not going anywhere. To me, Shettima's remaining in Maiduguri was what nailed boko haram. If he had taken off, that would have been Boko's biggest booster. I admire a Man who is one of the governors with the most projects even while fighting a War.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Shettima Names Estate After Tinubu In Borno by sarrki(m): 6:26am On Mar 08, 2017
kayzat:

He was easily kicked out despite having all the ANPP structure in his pocket but now without any viable structure in the PDP they find any reasonable way of freeing the party out of pocket .

Even 100 of Mr fix-it , Oshokomole, Iroko, Wike , Tewonde George , tonyebarcanista and all their self acclaimed political wizards are clueless on how to rescue themselves from sheriff

You are a political analyst

Nice one bro

Sheriff showing them what they call politics

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shettima Names Estate After Tinubu In Borno by babyfaceafrica: 6:35am On Mar 08, 2017
Nice one..but PDP cannot handle this ''tyrant'' like tinubu did..fayose and wike beta beg this''tyrant''..

7 Likes

Re: Shettima Names Estate After Tinubu In Borno by RichDad1(m): 6:48am On Mar 08, 2017
Some non entities and shindren of anger will not like this. cheesy

16 Likes

Re: Shettima Names Estate After Tinubu In Borno by Jaymaxxy(m): 6:49am On Mar 08, 2017
My Jagaban

6 Likes

Re: Shettima Names Estate After Tinubu In Borno by seunmsg(m): 6:54am On Mar 08, 2017
Tinubu was smart enough to identify Sheriff's tyranny and quickly, he was shown the way out of the party. But mumu Fayose and Wike who both don't understand politics deeply went to beg Sherrif to become PDP chairman. Today, they are seriously regretting their decision.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shettima Names Estate After Tinubu In Borno by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 6:58am On Mar 08, 2017
oh! AFONJAS would never learn shocked
Re: Shettima Names Estate After Tinubu In Borno by shukuokukobambi: 7:02am On Mar 08, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:

Oremmu the confused is here again. They asked you a simple question the other day, you ran away cheesy

"Is Edo state part of Biafra?" Can you answer it now? cheesy

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shettima Names Estate After Tinubu In Borno by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 7:04am On Mar 08, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

They asked you a simple question the other day, you ran away cheesy

"Is Edo state part of Biafra?" Can you answer it now? cheesy
The enemy of ma enemy is ma friend...... i am from an oyel producing state and so i am from NIGER DELTA undecided

2 Likes

Re: Shettima Names Estate After Tinubu In Borno by shukuokukobambi: 7:05am On Mar 08, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:

The enemy of ma enemy is ma friend...... i am from an oyel producing state and so i am from NIGER DELTA undecided

Ondo state is also oil producing and some parts of ondo state is also Niger delta. Stop your obfuscation cheesy

The question is "is Edo state a part of Biafra?"

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shettima Names Estate After Tinubu In Borno by sarrki(m): 7:06am On Mar 08, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:

When a tap didn't have a knob this is what happens

14 Likes

Re: Shettima Names Estate After Tinubu In Borno by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 7:08am On Mar 08, 2017
sarrki:

Good morning BMC sarrki
Re: Shettima Names Estate After Tinubu In Borno by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 7:09am On Mar 08, 2017
sarrki:

like i said before, we NIGER DELTA... when we get to the bridge we cross it
Re: Shettima Names Estate After Tinubu In Borno by sarrki(m): 7:26am On Mar 08, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:

like i said before, we NIGER DELTA... when we get to the bridge we cross it

Just calm down
Re: Shettima Names Estate After Tinubu In Borno by dotmanxp(m): 8:01am On Mar 08, 2017
TINUBU FOR PRESIDENT

2 Likes

Re: Shettima Names Estate After Tinubu In Borno by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:02am On Mar 08, 2017
Sheriff is a bone that nobody would want in his throat.

1 Like

Re: Shettima Names Estate After Tinubu In Borno by Hitel: 8:30am On Mar 08, 2017
grin
Re: Shettima Names Estate After Tinubu In Borno by darocha1: 8:31am On Mar 08, 2017
Jagaban again , there will be shivers down the spine of pmb cabals once they hear this

2 Likes

Re: Shettima Names Estate After Tinubu In Borno by ubadidi: 8:32am On Mar 08, 2017
all these politicians sef grin grin
Re: Shettima Names Estate After Tinubu In Borno by Nobody: 8:32am On Mar 08, 2017
Ẹ pẹ̀lẹ́ o
Re: Shettima Names Estate After Tinubu In Borno by ALAYORMII: 8:32am On Mar 08, 2017
Jagaban Borgu

2 Likes

Re: Shettima Names Estate After Tinubu In Borno by brightballer(m): 8:32am On Mar 08, 2017
Patronizing the Jagaban abi?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) / Ondo 2020: PDP Welcomes Decampees From ZLP / Reno Omokri: El-Rufai Angry Jonathan Didn’t Pick Him As VP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.