Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,657 members, 7,823,862 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:43 PM

Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (581 Views)

What I Saw At A Rich Politician's Party. / Backing Pmp "Claim" That Indeed "Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country". / Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari by OKDnigeria: 8:06pm On Aug 10, 2015
ABUJA – President Mohammadu Buhari has said that Nigeria is erroneously being regarded as a rich country, stating that indices and parameters of evaluating a rich country such as economic advancement, improved social services were lacking.
He however enjoined the Nigerian elites to be prepared to make sacrifice to rescue the country. The president spoke when he received the outgoing President of the African Development Bank (AfDB) Dr. Donald Kaberuka and other officials of the bank.
According to him, the privileged and influential citizens clearly have to do more now than in the past to help the country deal successfully with its economic and security problems.
President Buhari also Kaberuka that his administration will welcome more support from the AfDB for projects in versatile sectors like agriculture that can easily be explored to create more jobs for unemployed Nigerians.
He said: “With the shock of falling oil prices, lack of revenues, and insecurity, the Nigerian elites must now wake up and provide the right guidance in their communities, and also lead the economy on the right path more than they used to do”.
www.vanguardngr.com/2015/08/nigeria-not-a-rich-country-buhari/
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari by olu77(m): 8:07pm On Aug 10, 2015
That is serious
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari by tayebest(m): 8:07pm On Aug 10, 2015
He however enjoined the Nigerian elites to be prepared to make sacrifice to rescue the country.

President Buhari also Kaberuka that his
administration will welcome more support from the AfDB for projects in versatile sectors like agriculture that can easily be explored to create more jobs for unemployed Nigerians.

This man just using his intelligence to bring Nigeria to greater height!

Only the wise will understand him!

God bless you sir!
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari by banito1(m): 8:10pm On Aug 10, 2015
Well I understand where you are coming from but by sub Sahara African standard we are rich. The rich should get ready for more taxes, I just hope the poor won't be taxed also.
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari by zuchyblink(m): 8:15pm On Aug 10, 2015
h
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari by mikolo80: 8:18pm On Aug 10, 2015
banito1:
Well I understand where you are coming from but by sub Sahara African standard we are rich. The rich should get ready for more taxes, I just hope the poor won't be taxed also.
what is this sub Saharan standard. please enlighten us
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari by therealdeal10: 8:38pm On Aug 10, 2015
Hw can we b a rich country wen d poverty level in dis country jst kips increasing evn wen we av d largest economy in Africa

Let all jst kip praying we get 2 our destination
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari by swtdrms(m): 8:47pm On Aug 10, 2015
You dnt have to go far to identify an intelligent man whenever he speaks, we all have the notion and believe Nigeria is a rich country but this man has made us to believe otherwise with his intelligent analysis of the situation at hand with simple and logically explanation inwhich even the lay man will easily understand. This is different from the d illogical analysis of goat and yam, stealing not being corruption, etc. Kudos to Sai Baba
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari by ricsman(m): 8:47pm On Aug 10, 2015
I hear

maybe u wan steal ur own

I didn't see any reason y he said that. Nigeria is Rich. by the time PMB is done with recovery n blocking of loopholes then .......

(1) (Reply)

AS Usual! Bus Driver Strips Naked & Gets Under His Bus As LASTMA Officials Try / ICPC Indicts Okiro-led PSC, Orders Body To Refund N145m / Chadian: President A 419.plan To Dupe Buhari Govt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.