Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,758 members, 7,820,633 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:36 PM

My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. - Business (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. (256236 Views)

You Can Make Upto N30k Weekly From This Egg Distribution Business Offer / Learn From My Experience On Fiverr / My Experience In The Bank Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (66) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Allahisone(f): 3:59pm On Jan 08, 2016
@blackkie how are u coping with people buying on credit.this is the only part I detest in this business and am working out some means to avoid it seriously.though it cannot be totally avoided.
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Blackkie: 4:11pm On Jan 08, 2016
Yes, eggs are VERY fragile.
In handling it, make sure each crate keys in perfectly on each other while stacking them in a vehicle.
When buying your crates as a distributor, go for the large size crates. With large size crates, your eggs are safer especially the big and extra large ones.

While moving your eggs, the walls of your vehicles ought to be lagged with sacks stuffed with soft materials so as to checkmate the crates of eggs hitting at the body of the vehicle.

Lastly, the driver of the vehicle moving the eggs have a lot of job to do - he MUST drive carefully. Infact everything is on the driver for lesser breakages.

When eggs are in your custody for over 7 days, its a RED FLAG.
At moment, I am battling such a situation - a farm gave me a volume of eggs mixed with some retrieved from a supermarket. Almost in all crates, you get a rotten egg and its a bad experience.

kaze4blues:
oga blackkie,

thanks for the response to my question.

pls I want u to give little information on how u handle eggs so that dey don't break. We all know dat eggs are very fragile.

how do u pack and arrange dem during transportation to prevent breakages.

and Also incase thr re no sales within a particular period, do eggs spoil easily? how long can eggs stand b4 dey spoil.

thanks

2 Likes

Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Blackkie: 4:16pm On Jan 08, 2016
My sister, this is a CANCER threatening the business!
As you are coming back into the business again, just be strict on go cash and carry basis. It may be rough but it is better you have a few clients who pay cash on demand than having thousands that go on credit.

If you must allow the credit offer, all old supplies must be settled before a new one will be accessed.

Allahisone:
@blackkie how are u coping with people buying on credit.this is the only part I detest in this business and am working out some means to avoid it seriously.though it cannot be totally avoided.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Blackkie: 8:53pm On Jan 08, 2016
Are you getting ready for the January rush?
Schools will open next week, surely the demand will move northwards. This weekend is yours to make the needed contacts for steady supplies.
Get in and cash the cash.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Blackkie: 9:49am On Jan 09, 2016
Funds to boast businesses are not always easy to come by.
Borrowing comes to the rescue, but how well do you know the different options available to many.
1. Joining an ISUSU [ajo] group.
There are many models of ISUSU available here in every Nigerian city, lets have a look at one of its kind.

Here, a group of businesses individuals come together and pull funds together on weekly basis. The collected funds are advanced to a member interest free. This kind of of ISUSU seems to be the most friendly option. The only risk being that a member may collect the money and stop contributing.
The striking feature of this kind of ISUSU is that it is entirely interest free.
Many businesses have used it to grow their businesses when they cannot access funds from the banks or financial institutions.

Blackkie:
Many have asked me this question via private mails :- how can they raise capital to run the business of their choice.

Using the option of debt to finance a business is a nightmare to many young Nigerians. However, for many who cannot afford the needed capital to fund their enterprise have no option than to take such loans and learn the rudiments of converting such monies to expanded individual interest free capital.

From my little know-how, these three [3] avenues are readily accessible to starters:-
1. Joining an ISUSU [ajo] group
2. Borrowing from a Micro finance bank
3. Borrowing from ISUSU group

Items No. 1 & No. 3 looks alike but not the same. We will look at them one on one.
Stay tuned.
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Blackkie: 10:32am On Jan 10, 2016
2. Borrowing from a Micro-finance bank - MFB

Via todays innovations, borrowing from MFBs is like the easiest route of accessing funds for businesses. Some of them do not need tough documentation processes before funds could be advanced to their clients mostly new entrants into the business world or for many in unregistered businesses.
All you need to do is to come together as a group, get a group surety and an independent one, fill few forms and the funds are yours. All you need is to make the weekly mandated repayments attached to the volume of loan extended to you.

Blackkie:
Funds to boast businesses are not always easy to come by.
Borrowing comes to the rescue, but how well do you know the different options available to many.
1. Joining an ISUSU [ajo] group.
There are many models of ISUSU available here in every Nigerian city, lets have a look at one of its kind.

Here, a group of businesses individuals come together and pull funds together on weekly basis. The collected funds are advanced to a member interest free. This kind of of ISUSU seems to be the most friendly option. The only risk being that a member may collect the money and stop contributing.
The striking feature of this kind of ISUSU is that it is entirely interest free.
Many businesses have used it to grow their businesses when they cannot access funds from the banks or financial institutions.

Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Blackkie: 10:19pm On Jan 12, 2016
Sometimes ago, I was asked this question - what is the most important thing in egg distribution : funds, vehicle, clients or farms?

At the moment there is a serious scarcity of eggs at least in Lagos state and its environs. A group of distributors with myself hanged out this evening and somehow the answers to the above question came on its own.
Here we are with money, vehicles and lots of clients with unfulfilled supply gap, why? All the farms we know at the moment does not have enough eggs for us!

Now get this - the number of farms you are registered with counts.
If 1000 crates are delivered to us here in Surulere - you will get your cash instantly.

NB
New entrants take note.

1 Like

Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Blackkie: 8:30am On Jan 13, 2016
Has the offer price gone up in your area?

Blackkie:
Sometimes ago, I was asked this question - what is the most important thing in egg distribution : funds, vehicle, clients or farms?

At the moment there is a serious scarcity of eggs at least in Lagos state and its environs. A group of distributors with myself hanged out this evening and somehow the answers to the above question came on its own.
Here we are with money, vehicles and lots of clients with unfulfilled supply gap, why? All the farms we know at the moment does not have enough eggs for us!

Now get this - the number of farms you are registered with counts.
If 1000 crates are delivered to us here in Surulere - you will get your cash instantly.

NB
New entrants take note.
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by goke4all(m): 9:01am On Jan 13, 2016
@ Blakkie, good work you are doing here, you can check my post on egg sales. our egg depot is opening in lagos and by God grace supply will not be much of a problem cause we have a farm.

1 Like

Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by showflow: 10:12am On Jan 13, 2016
Thanks for the info Blakkie. I am in abuja and I want to start the egg distribution, kindly direct me to a nearby farm. I will like to be a bulk distributor. Your candid advice pls. Thanks.
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Blackkie: 10:50pm On Jan 13, 2016
Make me your preferred distributor, concentrate on grooming the birds and allow us do the marketing.

goke4all:
@ Blakkie, good work you are doing here, you can check my post on egg sales. our egg depot is opening in lagos and by God grace supply will not be much of a problem cause we have a farm.

Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by showflow: 5:26am On Jan 14, 2016
Thanks for the info Blakkie. I am in abuja and I want to start the egg distribution, kindly direct me to a nearby farm. I will like to be a distributor. Your candid advice pls, I also need marketing advice pls. Thanks.
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by efe2nath: 6:47am On Jan 14, 2016
hello, please can anyone refer me to a reputable farm in abuja. thanks.
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by gechyy2(f): 5:59pm On Jan 14, 2016
Lovely thread, God bless blakky who started it and all other contributors.. I'm really interested in starting egg distribution business as it requires minimal capital to start.. And I just love agriculture.,though my profession is way off it.. I wud love to own a farm some day..i av really learnt a lot here.. Starting with egg distribution is a step close to my dream..

2 Likes

Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Blackkie: 6:00am On Jan 16, 2016
@showflow & efe2nath
Abuja is off my route at the moment.
I cannot offer any solution.

However, start asking questions about farms and you will get answers. This is exactly what i did.

showflow:
Thanks for the info Blakkie. I am in abuja and I want to start the egg distribution, kindly direct me to a nearby farm. I will like to be a distributor. Your candid advice pls, I also need marketing advice pls. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Blackkie: 6:03am On Jan 16, 2016
Good.
A journey of a thousand miles starts with a step

gechyy2:
Lovely thread, God bless blakky who started it and all other contributors.. I'm really interested in starting egg distribution business as it requires minimal capital to start.. And I just love agriculture.,though my profession is way off it.. I wud love to own a farm some day..i av really learnt a lot here.. Starting with egg distribution is a step close to my dream..
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Blackkie: 6:10am On Jan 16, 2016
You need to step up your game this year.
Getting supplies from farms aint that a rosy affair due to their management strategies that does not favour distributors most times.

Now, this what you should be looking at right now:-
Send proposals to as many farms as you can and monitor your application till they are successful.

Set your target on at least 10 farms.
If you get say 50 crates from each, that will sum up to 500 crates.
You can even give out a larger quantity of it out to many petty and upcoming distributors for a fee.

This is a remote route to steady supply of eggs all year round.

1 Like

Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Blackkie: 8:01am On Jan 16, 2016
How far?

VickyHills:
Thanks, Blackkie. I've a retail shop where I sell foodies(crayfish, dryfish, rice, garri, eggs, etc). But going through your thread, I'd decided to venture into the business fully. I'd like to start with 50 crates to test new grounds 1st. The wholesaler in my area offered 650 for small eggs, 700 for middle, 750 for big eggs. If I buy them at that rate how much would I resell? Imagine fa! That's why I want someone to help me out. Thanks, again.
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by yazz09(m): 9:00pm On Jan 16, 2016
Blakkie, Pls how do I go about the first distribution. Do I get orders from customers first before buying from the farm or do I buy the eggs then look for customers.
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Blackkie: 10:28pm On Jan 16, 2016
Get your clients first!
If you plan to buy 100 crates, make sure you must have gotten clients who will take 150 crates.

yazz09:
Blakkie, Pls how do I go about the first distribution. Do I get orders from customers first before buying from the farm or do I buy the eggs then look for customers.

1 Like

Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by yazz09(m): 11:01am On Jan 17, 2016
Blackkie:
Get your clients first!
If you plan to buy 100 crates, make sure you must have gotten clients who will take 150 crates.

won't they be dissatisfied if I could not supply the extra 50
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Blackkie: 2:41pm On Jan 17, 2016
Some who said yes to your marketing may decline.
Instead of you begging then to take the eggs on credit, its much better you were not able to meet their demand.

It will also help you to know who and who is serious among them.

yazz09:

won't they be dissatisfied if I could not supply the extra 50

1 Like

Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Blackkie: 2:45pm On Jan 17, 2016
Yesterday, we sealed a deal with a farm at Oyo.
You can benefit from this offer - simply indicate your interest and have a share of what they may bring to Lagos.
We have only 300 crates available for grabs!
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Blackkie: 10:52pm On Jan 17, 2016
Help!

We are building a data base of poultry farms across the federation - can you give addresses?
Name - Location - Capacity
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by GREATP1(m): 1:49pm On Jan 18, 2016
Hello blakkie,

The only one that can reward you for this service to humanity is God. I have read many tread on business and investment but I have never come across a sincere and faithful tread like this. What a lesson to other Nairalanders!!!

My mail address is peter_prcs@yahoo.co.uk. I am taking some steps on your advise and I need you to give me your phone number. I want to have an express discussion with you and if possible, a meeting.

Please I will be waiting to hear from you.

peter_prcs@yahoo.co.uk[/color]

1 Like

Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Blackkie: 11:19pm On Jan 18, 2016
Call - 07036940035

GREATP1:
Hello blakkie,

The only one that can reward you for this service to humanity is God. I have read many tread on business and investment but I have never come across a sincere and faithful tread like this. What a lesson to other Nairalanders!!!

My mail address is peter_prcs@yahoo.co.uk. I am taking some steps on your advise and I need you to give me your phone number. I want to have an express discussion with you and if possible, a meeting.

Please I will be waiting to hear from you.

peter_prcs@yahoo.co.uk[/color]
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by yazz09(m): 8:52pm On Jan 19, 2016
started looking for customers today. I must say it's been very promising as most of whom I met were impressed and willing to buy from me, when there current stock gets low.
though had order for only 5 crates tomorrow and 5 crates on Thursday, I believe that next week will be explosive for me.

please if you have a farm in rivers state, kindly pm me so we'll talk.

thanks @blackkie for you inspired me into this.

Don't know what I would have done, if you had not opened this thread, as I was layed off from work last December.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Blackkie: 11:16pm On Jan 19, 2016
Congratulations.
You have conquered the inertia!

Do not stop talking to buyers, if you can locate many of them in your environment the best.

Continue in your venture, we MUST smile soonest.

yazz09:
started looking for customers today. I must say it's been very promising as most of whom I met were impressed and willing to buy from me, when there current stock gets low.
though had order for only 5 crates tomorrow and 5 crates on Thursday, I believe that next week will be explosive for me.

Don't know what I would have done, if you had not opened this thread, as I was layed off from work last December.

1 Like

Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Blackkie: 9:51am On Jan 20, 2016
Like I made mention earlier, building a data base of farms in Nigeria is inevitable.
It will help solve the challenge of always looking for a farm by new distributors. At the moment, I have a contact in Anambra and Edo states - can they be of any use to you?

yazz09:

Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Blackkie: 10:22am On Jan 20, 2016
Crates are the most easily lost property in egg distribution.
I just took stock of mine this month and I have lost over 100 units and how it happened, I cannot tell.

Kindly device means to safe guard yours.

1 Like

Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jan 20, 2016
I am soooo interested in this business.Please,anyone in Abuja that is into this business?Can you help me with Egg farms in Abuja,especially kubwa area?thank you all
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by yazz09(m): 4:16pm On Jan 20, 2016
Blackkie:
Like I made mention earlier, building a data base of farms in Nigeria is inevitable.
It will help solve the challenge of always looking for a farm by new distributors. At the moment, I have a contact in Anambra and Edo states - can they be of any use to you?

For now they are too far from me. I would appreciate it if there are contacts from Uyo. though I have two farms I have in my database to visit there once I get mobile, which will be like next month. And also songhai farm is another place I'll visit once the vehicle comes.
But please if you know any confirmed farms in Imo, Abia, Uyo state I'll love to visit them and discuss with them.

thanks a million.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (66) (Reply)

Football Betting System That Guarantees No Loss Of Bet Capital And Steady Profit / Binary Option Alertz/strategies Season4 (new Dawn) / Bank Accounts And People You Don't Wanna Send Money To - Part 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.