Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,148 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:48 PM

My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. - Business (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. (255666 Views)

You Can Make Upto N30k Weekly From This Egg Distribution Business Offer / Learn From My Experience On Fiverr / My Experience In The Bank Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (66) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Blackkie: 7:24am On Jun 07, 2016
The price of this item is not general. In some climes its low while in some, it is high. The general rate for a greater number of bulk sellers in Lagos is between N700 - N760 for unsorted crates having more of the big and medium eggs.

GCFRNG:

Hello NLS,

I trust you are all doing great.

I am a newbie in the egg biz and wish to ask for the prices of eggs at the moment seeing the volatility of the market.

Thanks for your anticipated response.

Regards.
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Nwaonyeocha: 6:05pm On Jun 07, 2016
The rain ruined my poultry farm search today.
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Blackkie: 8:34pm On Jun 07, 2016
Some times its like that.

Nwaonyeocha:
The rain ruined my poultry farm search today.
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jun 07, 2016
Blackkie:
Some times its like that.

How is the scarcity at your end, how much are you selling eggs now?
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Blackkie: 11:41pm On Jun 07, 2016
There is but I only serve clients who pay cash.
N750 - N800 - N900
But my eggs are really big and I mean it.

ghany01:

How is the scarcity at your end, how much are you selling eggs now?
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Nobody: 7:41am On Jun 08, 2016
Blackkie:
There is but I only serve clients who pay cash.
N750 - N800 - N900
But my eggs are really big and I mean it.

I sell 750-850-1000, medium, large & Jumbo respectively.
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by goke4all(m): 11:39am On Jun 08, 2016
ghany01:

Wow, eggs price has really changed, what will happen when FG starts feeding school students with eggs!!!
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by twoMcfemad: 9:48pm On Jun 08, 2016
Eggs Available. Unsorted Large and few Medium. Pick up point is Ketu( Thats the Egg Depot).
Price is 780.
Contact 08074409457.
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Blackkie: 11:38pm On Jun 08, 2016
You are in the game big time!
Which area?

ghany01:

Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Nobody: 4:41am On Jun 09, 2016
Blackkie:
You are in the game big time!
Which area?

Ikeja bro.
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Nwaonyeocha: 8:01am On Jun 09, 2016
My experience yesterday was wonderful.
I was stranded with about 70 crates of eggs infact I was at the same spot from 2pm till 7pm. The transporters were real Shylocks while my already made arrangements failed repeatedly. At about 6pm business began. Passersby were queuing - one crate, 2 crates, half crate ..... and at the highest price.
The most wonderful was that as the cab I was waiting for arrived, a smart looking lady who bought 2 crates of eggs asked some kind of questions every distributor would like. She asked for two crates earlier, I gave her only one telling her that I reserved the remaining for some clients who have already booked it.
She complianed of scarcity of distributors that many have brushed aside her proposals for supply. At this moment I came out full asked for details and struct a deal instantly. She bakes cakes and needs 12 crates weekly and the good thing is that her office is in my environment.
The delay last night gave me the kind of customer I have always prayed for - Medium @820

corpROYAL:
I visited a farm today close to my neighbourhood. I have been passing there for long but l don't know things like that exist l only ask one cab driver yesterday is the one who gave me districption. I got there early around 8am, the security told me that they don't attend to customers untill 9am. I suppose to be in another place for different appointment but l have no option than to wait and prospone the other one just for me to be able to book with them. Unfortunately, as l was waiting many of there old customers keep coming in with their empty crate and containers. Out of 6 people is only one man all the rest are women. I chat brief with one woman seated close to me and she lamented that the egg are not enough to meet their demand that, most of them go with little crates and they have group of customers divided into 3 one for Monday, others for wed and friday. I proceed to ask where l can get farm she mention few which were located far from main road and she lamented of choosing the one close to the main road for easy transportable. I have not check those places yet as l must schedule time to visit there.

Let share our experience.. And if you have relevant information like farm around kindly give us..

Enjoy your sales.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Blackkie: 1:55am On Jun 10, 2016
How can a distributor suffer to get eggs from a farm having doled out cash only to advance it to a retailer on credit?
I am coming out with a full note on this issue.
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Nobody: 6:06am On Jun 10, 2016
Blackkie:
How can a distributor suffer to get eggs from a farm having doled out cash only to advance it to a retailer on credit?

We can't wait to read from you.
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Nobody: 6:10am On Jun 10, 2016
Pleasant Morning great minds, I am heading to Ibadan now to strike a MOU with some Poultries for weekly supply of Egg to Lagos. Let me know if you are interested in this Bargain... Blackkie, kindly drop your No. We need to talk.

Contact: A2 Farms on 08073950436 if interested in the weekly supply.
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Nwaonyeocha: 4:18am On Jun 13, 2016
Where are you since these days?

Blackkie:
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Nwaonyeocha: 11:06am On Jun 14, 2016
Investment in egg distribution looks like a good business someone can seat down and develop.
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Gisthaphy(f): 8:08pm On Jun 14, 2016
Nwaonyeocha:
My experience yesterday was wonderful.
I was stranded with about 70 crates of eggs infact I was at the same spot from 2pm till 7pm. The transporters were real Shylocks while my already made arrangements failed repeatedly. At about 6pm business began. Passersby were queuing - one crate, 2 crates, half crate ..... and at the highest price.
The most wonderful was that as the cab I was waiting for arrived, a smart looking lady who bought 2 crates of eggs asked some kind of questions every distributor would like. She asked for two crates earlier, I gave her only one telling her that I reserved the remaining for some clients who have already booked it.
She complianed of scarcity of distributors that many have brushed aside her proposals for supply. At this moment I came out full asked for details and struct a deal instantly. She bakes cakes and needs 12 crates weekly and the good thing is that her office is in my environment.
The delay last night gave me the kind of customer I have always prayed for - Medium @820

You see that the delay meant well for u. Good business deal u couldn't have gotten easily just came to u. Weldone!!!
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Gisthaphy(f): 8:15pm On Jun 14, 2016
I judiciously followed the 30 pages of this thread and I will must confess I'm highly motivated to start off something while still looking for job. Blackkie, Yazzman, all other egg dealers, u all made my evening. I'll contact an egg dealer for 2 months training /IT on egg sales. Yazzman, pls i need information concerning the snails. I have been looking for contacts on that. Pls inbox me on my gisthaphy@gmail.com. God bless us all as we make positive impact to our society.
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Blackkie: 10:00pm On Jun 14, 2016
Distributors and supplying of eggs

How has the story been as a distributor in recent times? Are you getting eggs from the farm as you want it? Is your farm increasing their prices intermittently? So long a question!

I have seen it in diverse shades as regards egg distribution. And recently, I am looking at maximizing profit as a distributor and not as a mere facilitator to retailers. I can say that many who have access to large volume of eggs from farms may never take my drift seriously but for many who gets less than 150 crates weekly may easily identify with me.

The distributors are the most cheated lot in egg distribution chain. They form the linkage between the poultry farmers and retailers/end users. Their funds indirectly runs the farms and makes the item available to the end users. Unfortunately, they make lesser profit.
How come the distributors pay cash to pick the item from farms only to advance it to a greater number of retailers on credit? Was this arrangement by mistake or default? What crested it on the distributors to be an errand runner and spending more to carry out their business? The distributors have become indirect lenders at the mercy of his or her creditor.

The retailers are using our darling distributors as an ass. They will sweet mouth you to make supplies only to hold unto your cash until it is convenient for them to pay not minding how you will get the next supply. In these days of untold scarcity they are not doing better. Personally, I have about N100,000.00 worth of eggs given to retailer that I may not recover again. And so is the tale for so many distributors.
Now that the scarcity is biting harder, what has your profit margin been like? And what can we do to make some detours?

I have been thinking of how best to leverage on being a distributors. For me it is high time distributors consider egg business as a full time investment. I have been thinking of getting a full shop, employing a sales girl and moving full time into retailing. Personally, I have a farm where I do get about 70 crates of egg weekly and their eggs are quite sizeable. My clients are in love with their eggs for the fact that it lasts more on the shelf and they are big enough.

If I retail eggs from their source I will be sure of N200 profit per crate. Should I retail 70 crates at the rate of N200, that will be N14,000.00 profit weekly and my money is intact with me with lesser hassles and peace of mind for not losing a dime to debtors.

Let’s look at some financials. I do not have a full detail of what the situation is in your area in terms of getting a suitable sales outlet. But whatever the cost would look like, an average shop will cost about N120,000.00 – the main rent and ancillary charges. However if weekly profit stood at about N14,000.00 such will turn out to be approximately N56,000.00 I do not think such is a bad income bracket. When you must have netted off what would have gone to the sales person as monthly wages, more than N40,000.00 would be your profit.

I used 70 crates for the above calculation, other things could be sold in the same outlet. Also when the rate of sales must have gone up, you can still make others from distributors within reach. Your one and only advantage is that as a distributor, you have a direct link with a farm.

Think about this and lets reason together.
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Nobody: 6:01am On Jun 15, 2016
Blackkie:

How has the story been as a distributor in recent times? Are you getting eggs from the farm as you want it? Is your farm increasing their prices intermittently? So long a question!

I have seen it in diverse shades as regards egg distribution. And recently, I am looking at maximizing profit as a distributor and not as a mere facilitator to retailers. I can say that many who have access to large volume of eggs from farms may never take my drift seriously but for many who gets less than 150 crates weekly may easily identify with me.

The distributors are the most cheated lot in egg distribution chain. They form the linkage between the poultry farmers and retailers/end users. Their funds indirectly runs the farms and makes the item available to the end users. Unfortunately, they make lesser profit.
How come the distributors pay cash to pick the item from farms only to advance it to a greater number of retailers on credit? Was this arrangement by mistake or default? What crested it on the distributors to be an errand runner and spending more to carry out their business? The distributors have become indirect lenders at the mercy of his or her creditor.

The retailers are using our darling distributors as an ass. They will sweet mouth you to make supplies only to hold unto your cash until it is convenient for them to pay not minding how you will get the next supply. In these days of untold scarcity they are not doing better. Personally, I have about N100,000.00 worth of eggs given to retailer that I may not recover again. And so is the tale for so many distributors.
Now that the scarcity is biting harder, what has your profit margin been like? And what can we do to make some detours?

I have been thinking of how best to leverage on being a distributors. For me it is high time distributors consider egg business as a full time investment. I have been thinking of getting a full shop, employing a sales girl and moving full time into retailing. Personally, I have a farm where I do get about 70 crates of egg weekly and their eggs are quite sizeable. My clients are in love with their eggs for the fact that it lasts more on the shelf and they are big enough.

If I retail eggs from their source I will be sure of N200 profit per crate. Should I retail 70 crates at the rate of N200, that will be N14,000.00 profit weekly and my money is intact with me with lesser hassles and peace of mind for not losing a dime to debtors.

Let’s look at some financials. I do not have a full detail of what the situation is in your area in terms of getting a suitable sales outlet. But whatever the cost would look like, an average shop will cost about N120,000.00 – the main rent and ancillary charges. However if weekly profit stood at about N14,000.00 such will turn out to be approximately N56,000.00 I do not think such is a bad income bracket. When you must have netted off what would have gone to the sales person as monthly wages, more than N40,000.00 would be your profit.

I used 70 crates for the above calculation, other things could be sold in the same outlet. Also when the rate of sales must have gone up, you can still make others from distributors within reach. Your one and only advantage is that as a distributor, you have a direct link with a farm.

Blackkie not a bad idea though but how feasible is the sale of 70crates a week as a retailer, how is that possible with people buying one or two piece of eggs. However, if it's achievable, then it's a good deal then.
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Blackkie: 7:49am On Jun 15, 2016
From what I have seen so far, once you tell your locality of what you do they will be coming for you.
If you are ready to sell at retail rate they will flock around you.

ghany01:

Blackkie not a bad idea though but how feasible is the sale of 70crates a week as a retailer, how is that possible with people buying one or two piece of eggs. However, if it's achievable, then it's a good deal then.
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Blackkie: 7:50am On Jun 15, 2016

ghany01:
Pleasant Morning great minds, I am heading to Ibadan now to strike a MOU with some Poultries for weekly supply of Egg to Lagos. Let me know if you are interested in this Bargain... Blackkie, kindly drop your No. We need to talk.

Contact: A2 Farms on 08073950436 if interested in the weekly supply.
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Nwaonyeocha: 12:36pm On Jun 16, 2016
Does farm owners visit this thread at all?
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by showflow: 2:03pm On Jun 16, 2016
Eggs is available in bulk for sale in Lugbe Abuja. Buy big size at N850. Call on 07051307157
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by TYOJO: 4:38pm On Jun 16, 2016
Blackkie:

lOVELY Idea i must say @Blackkie. Am really beginining to get discouraged (but still keeping hopes alive) during this period of scarcity. Profit margin now has gone so low, not encouraging at all and imagine this market women now owing you for a week or more!!! Oh my!! its crazy and annoying. I tell you, farmers and retailers have a wider profit margin than we distributors which should not be, i fuel my car(with the increased fuel price) to supply this eggs, fuelling the car alone gulps more than 50% of the meagre profit.

Done with my ranting, as blackkie has said, am seriously considering getting a shop in a very good location (but still within the area i am known for selling eggs), looking @ my calculation and putting all other things in place (like a direct link to 2-3farms who supplies regularly @ 'wholesales price, etc), i think selling eggs in a shop (tho can still deliver on special orders) will make a whole lot of sense, even if its just for the reason that i will sell on a 'cash and carry basis, no stories of go come'

Welldone Blackkie!!!!

1 Like

Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by murphyg: 10:01pm On Jun 16, 2016
hmmmm........ really i think right now the cost of transport is what is eating up whatever profit one would have made, the cost of fuel is now double while the profit margin is reducing,.... i guess the best way to get by these desperate times is to let the customers know that selling on credit is no longer sustainable. Blakkie's idea is good but it comes with its own attendant challenges too. eg. competition if another person open close to you and still could sell cheaper than you, i think one thing going for us is the fact that we eliminate the stress of them going to the market, i think if we can get round this fuel palaver we still stand a chance of making good profit at the end of the day.
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Blackkie: 10:22pm On Jun 16, 2016
Now I have a team mate.

TYOJO:

lOVELY Idea i must say @Blackkie. Am really beginining to get discouraged (but still keeping hopes alive) during this period of scarcity. Profit margin now has gone so low, not encouraging at all and imagine this market women now owing you for a week or more!!! Oh my!! its crazy and annoying. I tell you, farmers and retailers have a wider profit margin than we distributors which should not be, i fuel my car(with the increased fuel price) to supply this eggs, fuelling the car alone gulps more than 50% of the meagre profit.

Done with my ranting, as blackkie has said, am seriously considering getting a shop in a very good location (but still within the area i am known for selling eggs), looking @ my calculation and putting all other things in place (like a direct link to 2-3farms who supplies regularly @ 'wholesales price, etc), i think selling eggs in a shop (tho can still deliver on special orders) will make a whole lot of sense, even if its just for the reason that i will sell on a 'cash and carry basis, no stories of go come'

Welldone Blackkie!!!!
Re: My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. by Blackkie: 10:39pm On Jun 16, 2016
Matters arising.

This thread is about a year old now.
A lot have taken place and newer thing unfold daily.

Thinking about the scarcity and the chance of availability of eggs in the nearest future, it seems today is still better. Tomorrow will be tougher. I am not a dooms day cleric but if you have been watching the economic trend, you can make some deductions and arrive at my own conclusion.

This month, the federal government commenced it earlier announced feeding of primary school children numbering about 5.5million in 18 states. According to news feed about 1,000,000 units of eggs will be used in the program daily for about 200 days in a year for next 3 years.

Where are these eggs going to come from?
The existing farms of course! Till about now, no new mega farm is in sight.
What does this suggest? The Abuja linked Nigerians will highjack our eggs via supply to the Federal Government program. This will result in more scarcity in the days ahead.

The school children who will benefit from this are those in government schools. Those in private will still go to school with their lunch box and it has no dilution to the demands of confectionaeries and our darling Aboki on the street.

Make haste, get your sales outlet - Hold fast to your present farm and start looking for more. This business has mega promises in the next few months ahead.

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (66) (Reply)

Football Betting System That Guarantees No Loss Of Bet Capital And Steady Profit / Binary Option Alertz/strategies Season4 (new Dawn) / Bank Accounts And People You Don't Wanna Send Money To - Part 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.