Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,884 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

I Don’t Belong To Any Party Now – Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Don’t Belong To Any Party Now – Obasanjo (401 Views)

FFk: Any Party That Doesn't Respect The Yoruba People Will lose the presidency / Eberechi Suzzette Wike: "I Belong To The Kitchen, I Also Belong To Court Room" / Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Don’t Belong To Any Party Now – Obasanjo by ruggedboy01: 7:51am On Aug 11, 2015
From SEGUN OLATUNJI, Abeokuta

Former president Olusegun Obasanjo has said he was yet to formally join any of the political parties. Obasanjo who left the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) six months ago, said he would rather remain a statesman for now.

The former president stated this just as he commended the developmental strides of the Kogi State Governor, Capt. Idris Wada. Obasanjo noted that the reduced friction experienced in the state under his (Wada’s) administration was commendable.

The former president who hosted a delegation from the state led by the governor at his Presidential Hilltop residence in Abeokuta, said despite his decision not to play active partisan politics anymore, he would continue to work with any Nigerian with good intentions and leadership traits.

He said: “Everybody is welcome. But, they must be with good leadership traits, with genuine intentions to improve the country.”

Obasanjo noted that contrary to the praises being showered on him for his performance as president on the PDP platform, it was important to emphasize that personality should be placed before the platform one represents to achieve desired goals.

According to him, “we should understand first that, not the party made the person, but the person makes the party. It is who you are that you bring into the party. Though for now I remain a “partyless” Nigerian, but, I will continue to welcome any Nigerian with good leadership qualities.

“It does not matter which party you are, either, PDP, APC, Labour, APGA, any party at all, as long as you are committed, sincere and a purposeful leader, I am ready for you. And that is what our brother is doing. I pray that this country will never be short of this type of people”.

Governor Wada described Obasanjo as a father of the nation, stressing that those who believed in him, would continue to learn from his commitment and dedication for the growth of the country.

“Everywhere we meet Baba, we learn a lot and we shall continue to learn from him. He is a father of the nation. He is a figure we admire. We pray that we all would be like him, because he is a committed Nigerian, who has devoted himself to the growth of the country. So, why not, if some of us decide to emulate him, be with him and appreciate him.”

Wada explained that the visit to Obasanjo was coming on the heels of his award as the best governor in the country, saying, “since we were honoured as the best governor yesterday, in Lagos, we deem it appropriate to come down to Abeokuta to report to our father, the little recognition we are getting.

“As you know, Baba Obasanjo is our father, our role model and shining example for the nation and the world at large,” the governor added.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/i-dont-belong-to-any-party-now-obasanjo/#comments
Re: I Don’t Belong To Any Party Now – Obasanjo by Naijiant: 7:57am On Aug 11, 2015
Beast of No Nation, you don't belong to the human race.

(1) (Reply)

Ex-senate President Mark To Testify At Election Tribunal August 18 / 'stop Calling Me Buhari’s In-law' Says INEC Acting Chairman Mrs Zakari / Without The Illegal Alliwances, What You Reps And Senators Earn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.