Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,478 members, 7,850,658 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:51 AM

I Belong To No Party, Obasanjo Restates - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Belong To No Party, Obasanjo Restates (383 Views)

Eberechi Suzzette Wike: "I Belong To The Kitchen, I Also Belong To Court Room" / Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal / PDP Chairmanship: Adeniran Picks Form, Restates Commitment To Reposition The Par (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Belong To No Party, Obasanjo Restates by teeebugs: 7:58am On Aug 11, 2015
Barely after six months after he tore his Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) membership card, former President Olusegun Obasanjo has declared that he does not belong to any political party in the country, saying he remains a “party-less” Nigerian.

Obasanjo who spoke in Abeokuta, Ogun State capital, while welcoming a state delegation of from Kogi State, led by the governor, Capt Idris Wada, said he would continue to carry the toga of a statesman.

The former president in his comment, commended the developmental strides of Wada, noting that the less friction in the state under Wada’s administration was commendable.

Obasanjo further said he would continue to work with any Nigerian, with capability, good intention and leadership traits.
Prior to the general election, Obasanjo had directed that his PDP membership card be shredded.

He said: “Every body is welcome. But they must be with good leadership traits, with genuine intention to improve the country.”
He said contrary to the praises being showered on him for his performance as president under the PDP platform, it was important to emphasise that personality comes before the platform one represents to achieve desired goals.

According to to him: “We should understand first that it is not the party makes the person, but the person makes the party. It is who you are that you bring into the party. Though for now I remain a “party-less” Nigerian, but I will continue to welcome any Nigerian with good leadership qualities.

Read full story
http://monitor9ja.com/2015/08/i-belong-to-no-party-obasanjo-restates/
Re: I Belong To No Party, Obasanjo Restates by kossyablaze(m): 8:01am On Aug 11, 2015
Unlike him,I'm APC till death

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Belong To No Party, Obasanjo Restates by Ejaisky: 8:02am On Aug 11, 2015
You mean the name of your new party is 'Partyless'?
Re: I Belong To No Party, Obasanjo Restates by donholy28(m): 8:02am On Aug 11, 2015
Who cares?
Re: I Belong To No Party, Obasanjo Restates by temitemi1(m): 8:03am On Aug 11, 2015
SMH...
Re: I Belong To No Party, Obasanjo Restates by Nobody: 8:04am On Aug 11, 2015
Isp again grin

1 Like

Re: I Belong To No Party, Obasanjo Restates by benedictnsi(m): 8:07am On Aug 11, 2015
OBJ is simply a universal charger grin
Re: I Belong To No Party, Obasanjo Restates by boboLIL(m): 8:16am On Aug 11, 2015
Wo cares? Do u still exist? Excuse us biko

(1) (Reply)

World Youth Day: Nigerian Youth Task Buhari On N5000 Monthly Allowance / Homosexuality; Animal Looks Reasonable Than Human By @9jaclicktivist / "I Belong To Everybody..." Buhari Lied

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.