Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,625 members, 7,827,334 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

Reduced ATM Transaction Fund :: The Real Dillemna - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reduced ATM Transaction Fund :: The Real Dillemna (793 Views)

Is This What Nigerians Have Been Reduced To?(pics) / EFCC Grills Salewa Obanikoro Over N800m Transaction, Seizes Her Passport / Alleged N13bn Land Deal: Tompolo’s Real Transaction With Jonathan’s Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reduced ATM Transaction Fund :: The Real Dillemna by Nobody: 2:54pm On Aug 11, 2015
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/08/banks-reduce-withdrawal-limits-on-atms/

ATM withdrawals reduced from 150k to 60k,foreign transactions are now a maximum of $300..

I understand that there are moves to strengthen the naira. I'm no student of economics but is this really the right way ? it's more like we are antagonizing the cashless policy stuff,the policy is more or less dead since a lot of folks would rather make use of the banking hall.

Emergencies crops up here and there....

How would online market-places like konga and the likes survive since they definitely sell stuffs above 60k,pay on delivery ? it doesn't scale since more expenses (alongside the thousand others factors that already olagues Nigerian companies) for companies transportation-wise and it's really easier most times to pay online that carrying "stashs of cash" around

What does this says about the Nigeria of the next couple of months,say 14 ?
Re: Reduced ATM Transaction Fund :: The Real Dillemna by INTROVERT(f): 2:55pm On Aug 11, 2015
open more bank accounts...
Re: Reduced ATM Transaction Fund :: The Real Dillemna by Horlawoomey(m): 2:57pm On Aug 11, 2015
Na to go back to old method o
Re: Reduced ATM Transaction Fund :: The Real Dillemna by demmy0325(m): 2:57pm On Aug 11, 2015
.. The move is nonsense.. undecided..
Re: Reduced ATM Transaction Fund :: The Real Dillemna by jamex93(m): 3:10pm On Aug 11, 2015
Oh

I see...
Re: Reduced ATM Transaction Fund :: The Real Dillemna by DaBullIT(m): 3:16pm On Aug 11, 2015
even with pay on delivery , if you bought anything worth 150k it means you have to have visited ATM at least 3 days prior to delivery

I wouldn't do that

Especially not this present now now where everybody is broke

But if the move helps strengthen Nigerian Naira , i am in support
Re: Reduced ATM Transaction Fund :: The Real Dillemna by henribj(m): 3:43pm On Aug 11, 2015
lol
no be small "open more bank accounts"
but in a situation where the BVN serves to link all your accounts, I think the 60k withdrawal via ATM per day will still apply to all your linked accounts.
Re: Reduced ATM Transaction Fund :: The Real Dillemna by Nobody: 7:22pm On Aug 11, 2015
I hope this CBN Governor knows what he's doing. He's not up to the status of Sanusi or Soludo

(1) (Reply)

The Chronicle Of Apc Lies Exposed!! / Many Feared Dead As Trailer Skids Off Ojuelegba Bridge, Lands On Cars / Inconsistentencies In Mr. Presidents Assets Declaration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.