Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,198 members, 7,953,731 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:44 AM

95percent Of Nigerian Parents Are Terrible - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 95percent Of Nigerian Parents Are Terrible (2620 Views)

"Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents / Nigerian Parents Should Stop This. / How Come Women Are Terrible Drivers And Should They Be Barred From Driving? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

95percent Of Nigerian Parents Are Terrible by Kennedyiheme: 5:04pm On Aug 11, 2015
Family is important yes I know, but parents in nigeria believe they are doing enough but they actually aren't doing anything, you'll see a mother beat up her child like an animal in the name of dicipline, beating your child furiously keeps him away from you, isn't it better you sit him or her down and talk sensibly? I remember a freind that told me he hates his father, I ask him the reason, he said his father doesn't smile and that his father always look for a reason to blame him, so anytime his father is around he doesn't go near him, for crying out loud you are his parent not God.
Why shld you make your children see you like a monster. my dad never given me $100, which is less than 10,000 naira, my dad has never given me a birthday gift since I was born...the funniest thing is that he is so confortable and doesn't see all dis as a problem....when a child doesn't get support from his parents how do u expect him or her to feel......well we the young ones should learn from our terrible parents and make sure our kids are happy and won't regret having us as there parent

2 Likes

Re: 95percent Of Nigerian Parents Are Terrible by Nobody: 5:08pm On Aug 11, 2015
Re: 95percent Of Nigerian Parents Are Terrible by Cutehector(m): 5:09pm On Aug 11, 2015
Op, since u have expressed ur thoughts, there is one thing I would like u to do for me wen u get married...

Be the parent u wish for to ur kids... And d world will be a better place

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 95percent Of Nigerian Parents Are Terrible by Kennedyiheme: 5:27pm On Aug 11, 2015
Cutehector:
Op, since u have expressed ur thoughts, there is one thing I would like u to do for me wen u get married...

Be the parent u wish for to ur kids... And d world will be a better place
I sure will bruh

1 Like

Re: 95percent Of Nigerian Parents Are Terrible by MicroBox: 8:31pm On Aug 11, 2015
My own two cent is don't treat your kids harshly else make them your friends.. let the friendship be strong compare to harshness

1 Like

Re: 95percent Of Nigerian Parents Are Terrible by Nobody: 7:11am On Aug 12, 2015
You are still a lad i think. Anyway, is normal to feel the way you are feeling now. You will get to understand better when u perceive things in a mature way. As for buying birthday gifts. Hmmmm. Is he stable financially? My dad doesn't buy me gift or give me any pocket money but that doesn't mean he's not concern about me. You have known him for years, avoid what he dislikes and you will enjoy him.. Your parents can never hate you no matter what you do. Be more closer, be their friend, do what they like and you will grow to love them the more.

2 Likes

Re: 95percent Of Nigerian Parents Are Terrible by Pidggin(f): 7:37am On Aug 12, 2015
Kennedyiheme:
Family is important yes I know, but parents in nigeria believe they are doing enough but they actually aren't doing anything, you'll see a mother beat up her child like an animal in the name of dicipline, beating your child furiously keeps him away from you, isn't it better you sit him or her down and talk sensibly? I remember a freind that told me he hates his father, I ask him the reason, he said his father doesn't smile and that his father always look for a reason to blame him, so anytime his father is around he doesn't go near him, for crying out loud you are his parent not God.
Why shld you make your children see you like a monster. my dad never given me $100, which is less than 10,000 naira, my dad has never given me a birthday gift since I was born...the funniest thing is that he is so confortable and doesn't see all dis as a problem....when a child doesn't get support from his parents how do u expect him or her to feel......well we the young ones should learn from our terrible parents and make sure our kids are happy and won't regret having us as there parent

If any of your parents reads this post, am sure they will agree that "100 dollars is not less than N10,000" you see why you need guidance? What you can't see standing up, your parents can see sitting

2 Likes

Re: 95percent Of Nigerian Parents Are Terrible by KanwuliaJara: 7:46am On Aug 12, 2015
Hmmmmm!
Generational CURSE tins! wink
Re: 95percent Of Nigerian Parents Are Terrible by Nobody: 7:53am On Aug 12, 2015
Pidggin:

If any of your parents reads this post, am sure they will agree that "100 dollars is not less than N10,000" you see why you need guidance? What you can't see standing up, your parents can see sitting

Bullcrap
Re: 95percent Of Nigerian Parents Are Terrible by Kennedyiheme: 7:55am On Aug 12, 2015
Pidggin:

I'm not a child any more, I just thought about what happened when I was younger, if u arnet financially stable doesn't mean u won't give ur child a birthday gift, no matter hw little let him understand that its tht little u have, he'll love u, nigerian parents blive they are gods to there children, no freindly interraction with there kids, always shouting, my dad always nags about everything u do, he always finds sometin to mke u look bad, I'm not sure if u understand wht u said about parents standing up or wateva, it doesn't tally with wht we are discussing

1 Like

Re: 95percent Of Nigerian Parents Are Terrible by Pidggin(f): 8:10am On Aug 12, 2015
Kennedyiheme:
I'm not a child any more, I just thought about what happened when I was younger, if u arnet financially stable doesn't mean u won't give ur child a birthday gift, no matter hw little let him understand that its tht little u have, he'll love u, nigerian parents blive they are gods to there children, no freindly interraction with there kids, always shouting, my dad always nags about everything u do, he always finds sometin to mke u look bad, I'm not sure if u understand wht u said about parents standing up or wateva, it doesn't tally with wht we are discussing

If you are an adult, you need to move on. You can't change the past, but you can influence your future.

1 Like

Re: 95percent Of Nigerian Parents Are Terrible by Kennedyiheme: 8:22am On Aug 12, 2015
Pidggin:

If you are an adult, you need to move on. You can't change the past, but you can influence your future.
I've moved on, I'm more concerned about the younger ones

1 Like

Re: 95percent Of Nigerian Parents Are Terrible by darlenese(f): 5:44pm On Aug 12, 2015
My prayer is for God to give u stubborn kids so that u will know its not easy to raise kids
Re: 95percent Of Nigerian Parents Are Terrible by Kennedyiheme: 6:46pm On Aug 12, 2015
darlenese:
My prayer is for God to give u stubborn kids so that u will know its not easy to raise kids
what are you saying? Did you read my write up? Or havnt you heard of bad parents? You want God to mke the stubborn kid that got stabbed by her mother wisdom? U heard tht news right? Please be critical about analysis, most parents don't show love to there children, I expected you to. Talk about that.....and I'm not a kid

1 Like

Re: 95percent Of Nigerian Parents Are Terrible by darlenese(f): 8:20pm On Aug 12, 2015
Kennedyiheme:
what are you saying? Did you read my write up? Or havnt you heard of bad parents? You want God to mke the stubborn kid that got stabbed by her mother wisdom? U heard tht news right? Please be critical about analysis, most parents don't show love to there children, I expected you to. Talk about that.....and I'm not a kid

I have not heard of bad parents, except those that have psychological problem.

It takes a happy parent to raise happy children , this unhappyness could hv been caused by so many factors, which u don't even bother to find out,
Do you sound think its easy to raise a home ?
You sound like a rebelous son. When u have ur kids, raise them the way u like.

1 Like

Re: 95percent Of Nigerian Parents Are Terrible by Nobody: 8:30pm On Aug 12, 2015
KanwuliaJara:
Hmmmmm! Generational CURSE tins! wink
Re: 95percent Of Nigerian Parents Are Terrible by SAMBARRY: 9:11pm On Aug 12, 2015
Well every parent has their own peculiar way of raising their kids. No parents are the same. However have you tried sitting down with him ti have a father and son conversation and air your grievances to him in a respectful and humble way

2.are you sure you haven't offended him in the past

3.sometimes parents take out the beef they have with their mother on the child
4.he might be experiencing something bad that you don't know about. Try finding out all this andIif it doesn't work involve an elder or someone he respects in the family. Maybe like his elder brother, mother or aunty

5.if all still fails to work then move out of the house with your siblings and get a place of your own to stay. When loneliness kills him he will find you and tell you what's eating him up
Re: 95percent Of Nigerian Parents Are Terrible by Kennedyiheme: 9:16pm On Aug 12, 2015
darlenese:

I have not heard of bad parents, except those that have psychological problem.

It takes a happy parent to raise happy children , this unhappyness could hv been caused by so many factors, which u don't even bother to find out,
Do you sound think its easy to raise a home ?
You sound like a rebelous son. When u have ur kids, raise them the way u like.
I'm not rebellous, I always know ignorant people whenever there's a conversation, if a parent has psycological problem isn't that father still not okay? Why should parents scare there children away? Some people arnt happy wenever they are around there parents, all I'm saying is parents should make there children confide in them in anything, I never spoke one on one with my dad about issues that bothered me because he wasn't pleased with anything I did and always insult me.....madam how do u judge that as a "loving" parent? Are u saying u are not aware some parents arnt playing there roles well? How do u people on nairaland think? She even called me rebellous, u havnt heard of bad parents, were where you when a topic was posted on front page about how a fathered battered his child and his wife?na wa for u
Re: 95percent Of Nigerian Parents Are Terrible by Vivly(f): 9:18pm On Aug 12, 2015
darlenese:
You're a witch. Thank God He doesn't answer your kind of prayer else na strictly back to sender things.

1 Like

Re: 95percent Of Nigerian Parents Are Terrible by Kennedyiheme: 9:22pm On Aug 12, 2015
Vivly:

You're a witch. Thank God He doesn't answer your kind of prayer else na strictly back to sender things.
tht witch is high on cheap drugs, she's just yarning rubbish
Re: 95percent Of Nigerian Parents Are Terrible by cuteeme: 1:46pm On Feb 06, 2020
MicroBox:
My own two cent is don't treat your kids harshly else make them your friends.. let the friendship be strong compare to harshness
What baffles me is that such parents will bow expect a sudden strong child-parent connection in the future when they are now aged?, how does this work when they never built that up over the years?
Re: 95percent Of Nigerian Parents Are Terrible by nlPoster: 2:15pm On Feb 06, 2020
The serious hatreds displayed on nairaland by Nigerians towards other genders for example, I do wonder who should be blamed for it?

(1) (Reply)

I Try Not To Get Jealous’: Pastor, 60 Marries His Pregnant Girlfriend, 19, With / Heavily Pregnant Girl Needs Serious Care. / Accused of "Harlotry" By Parents For Posing In A Thong

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.