Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,334 members, 7,811,975 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:32 AM

How Come Women Are Terrible Drivers And Should They Be Barred From Driving? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Come Women Are Terrible Drivers And Should They Be Barred From Driving? (2742 Views)

My Brother's Ex Live-In-Lover Has Barred Him From His 2 Kids, Wants To Jail Him / Things I Am Seeing In Guest House, Women are not to be trusted / Women Are Asking My Husband Out On Whatsapp. How Do I Handle This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Come Women Are Terrible Drivers And Should They Be Barred From Driving? by Shymm3x: 8:01am On Apr 08, 2016
I just witnessed one of the most horrific driving ever by anyone and I didn't even need to check the person behind the wheels to know it's a woman. I don't know if it is cos women are naturally emotional and they tend to panic when they face the smallest obstacle. But with driving, you just have to stay calm at all times.

Personally, anytime I see a woman behind the wheels on the road - I give as much space as I can cos I view them as driving hazards and they're very unpredictable.

Has anyone noticed this about female motorists?

4 Likes

Re: How Come Women Are Terrible Drivers And Should They Be Barred From Driving? by Zeedarh(f): 8:11am On Apr 08, 2016
So, barring women from driving is the best solution? c'mon.

5 Likes

Re: How Come Women Are Terrible Drivers And Should They Be Barred From Driving? by egopersonified(f): 8:18am On Apr 08, 2016
I bet I drive better than you.

5 Likes

Re: How Come Women Are Terrible Drivers And Should They Be Barred From Driving? by Shymm3x: 8:22am On Apr 08, 2016
Zeedarh:
So, barring women from driving is the best solution? c'mon.

But a lot of them are hazards lol
Re: How Come Women Are Terrible Drivers And Should They Be Barred From Driving? by Shymm3x: 8:24am On Apr 08, 2016
egopersonified:
I bet I drive better than you.

Laughable.
Re: How Come Women Are Terrible Drivers And Should They Be Barred From Driving? by PresVA: 8:28am On Apr 08, 2016
Shymm3x:

Personally, anytime I see a woman behind the wheels on the road - I give as much space as I can cos I view them as driving hazards and they're very unpredictable.
You're not serious grin grin grin grin angry

It can't be all women na.. Men also make terrible drivers.

However, I agree that most women tend to be 'more careful' behind the wheels which leaves them a bit panicky. ..

1 Like

Re: How Come Women Are Terrible Drivers And Should They Be Barred From Driving? by Nobody: 8:35am On Apr 08, 2016
PresVA:

However, I agree that most women tend to be 'more careful' behind the wheels which leaves them a bit panicky. ..

true.
and the more they drive and overcome the fear, the better they become.
if we have more women on the road, there would be less accidents.

men are known for over speeding.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Come Women Are Terrible Drivers And Should They Be Barred From Driving? by tonybosses: 8:48am On Apr 08, 2016
I met a female James bond one day, handling an 18 seater bus like it's nothing...

Personally I think some are good, while others arent.... but in any case I wouldn't want to see my wife or mum trekking under the sun, nah Dats not coool to me!!!

Leave then, the more they drive the better they get...practise makes perfect

2 Likes

Re: How Come Women Are Terrible Drivers And Should They Be Barred From Driving? by Oche211(m): 8:56am On Apr 08, 2016
I think women are more of careful drivers than terrible drivers.

4 Likes

Re: How Come Women Are Terrible Drivers And Should They Be Barred From Driving? by Nobody: 9:04am On Apr 08, 2016
If any gender is to b banned from driving, it is d men!
But I suggest taking them for psychological evaluation b4 letting them drive at all.

U think women are terrible drivers abi?
Thats y a lot of u guys kill urselves and d innocent one's on d roads everyday.
Women are careful drivers, most of the things u view as sluggish driving is how u r supposed to drive.
If u think women are terrible drivers oya start comparing how many female and male drivers that get involved in road accidents daily, i'm sure dat will answer ur question.

Men are naturally reckless driver's!
I can still remember the day my husband nearly killed us because he insisted on overtaking a slow moving trailer at a sharp bend and Lo and behold we met another trailer in front, if not dat the oncoming trailer had a well functioning brake, our family wuld have bn crushed to death.

Most men are reckless drivers.
And yes, I am a good driver.

11 Likes

Re: How Come Women Are Terrible Drivers And Should They Be Barred From Driving? by parismarc: 9:35am On Apr 08, 2016
Women are terrible drivers but 98 % of road accidents are caused by men...... How ironic.

4 Likes

Re: How Come Women Are Terrible Drivers And Should They Be Barred From Driving? by Zeedarh(f): 10:01am On Apr 08, 2016
Shymm3x:

most accidents are caused by men. So, what do you say?

6 Likes

Re: How Come Women Are Terrible Drivers And Should They Be Barred From Driving? by dangotesmummy: 10:48am On Apr 08, 2016
A woman is extra careful when driving because she knows there are terrible drivers also plying the same road she's plying

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Come Women Are Terrible Drivers And Should They Be Barred From Driving? by dangotesmummy: 10:51am On Apr 08, 2016
Meanwhile Op I have a question for you

Why is it that when men are driving they turn the road into competition ground abi first to overtake. They will be trying to outdo each other by giving each other angry looks while cussing out at each other as if there's a prize for it

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Come Women Are Terrible Drivers And Should They Be Barred From Driving? by marbee(f): 11:01am On Apr 08, 2016
At dangotesmummy, So right, especially when they see you as a woman driving,they feel they must overtake you. undecided

1 Like

Re: How Come Women Are Terrible Drivers And Should They Be Barred From Driving? by marbee(f): 11:04am On Apr 08, 2016
Women are careful drivers while men over confidence is what is affecting them,they feel they are experts, thus resulting to bashing of cars and accident.

4 Likes

Re: How Come Women Are Terrible Drivers And Should They Be Barred From Driving? by egopersonified(f): 11:39am On Apr 08, 2016
In Nigeria, careful drivers are bad drivers. You have to be able to push other vehicles off the road, overtake indiscriminately, pass through the tiniest space available, honk your horn unnecessarily, curse and insult people, drive like the vehicle is indestructible, 'drag road' and throw all caution to the wind to be recognized as a good driver.
marbee:
Women are careful drivers while men over confidence is what is affecting them,they feel they are experts, thus resulting to bashing of cars and accident.

5 Likes

Re: How Come Women Are Terrible Drivers And Should They Be Barred From Driving? by dangotesmummy: 11:45am On Apr 08, 2016
marbee:
At dangotesmummy, So right, especially when they see you as a woman driving,they feel they must overtake you. undecided
exactly
Re: How Come Women Are Terrible Drivers And Should They Be Barred From Driving? by Shymm3x: 12:41pm On Apr 08, 2016
PresVA:

Lool.

Women motorists are a pain in the arse tho. I had an encounter with one late last year on a narrow road. She wasn't really speeding, but when she saw me coming, but rather than take take her foot off the gas and slowly press brake - she just panicked and drove into the trees. I had to stop when I saw that she had broken her side mirror cos she didn't even know. Got there to help her fix it - only to discover that she had smashed all the side of her car...complete write-off.

Women can't drive for shiit...the way they drive is irritating lol. Only weak men are terrible drivers cos driving is about how brave and confident/comfortable you are behind the wheels devoid of emotions.
Re: How Come Women Are Terrible Drivers And Should They Be Barred From Driving? by Shymm3x: 12:41pm On Apr 08, 2016
Zeedarh:
most accidents are caused by men. So, what do you say?

Mostly drink driving lol.
Re: How Come Women Are Terrible Drivers And Should They Be Barred From Driving? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Apr 08, 2016
I am tired of hearing this thing abeg, women are careful drivers_ men have this over confidence and pride while driving...of course pride goeth before a fall.

Lots of people have a wrong definition of who a good/sharp driver is. Driving one-way, honking like someone driving a woman in labour, insulting people, using indicator when you are already at the turn...etc, doesn't make any one a sharp driver.

4 Likes

Re: How Come Women Are Terrible Drivers And Should They Be Barred From Driving? by Creamish(f): 3:31pm On Apr 08, 2016
Shymm3x:

Lool.

Women motorists are a pain in the arse tho. I had an encounter with one late last year on a narrow road. She wasn't really speeding, but when she saw me coming, but rather than take take her foot off the gas and slowly press brake - she just panicked and drove into the trees. I had to stop when I saw that she had broken her side mirror cos she didn't even know. Got there to help her fix it - only to discover that she had smashed all the side of her car...complete write-off.

Women can't drive for shiit...the way they drive is irritating lol. Only weak men are terrible drivers cos driving is about how brave and confident/comfortable you are behind the wheels devoid of emotions.

How much you know about Traffic rules and regulations and road use eg what to do when u approach road signs, T junctions, side turns, traffic lights etc determine how good a driver u are. It is not only about being confident behind wheels.

1 Like

Re: How Come Women Are Terrible Drivers And Should They Be Barred From Driving? by HaneefahRN(f): 3:57pm On Apr 08, 2016
Being a terrible driver isn't gender specific.

2 Likes

Re: How Come Women Are Terrible Drivers And Should They Be Barred From Driving? by Pidggin(f): 4:13pm On Apr 08, 2016
Shymm3x:
I just witnessed one of the most horrific driving ever by anyone and I didn't even need to check the person behind the wheels to know it's a woman. I don't know if it is cos women are naturally emotional and they tend to panic when they face the smallest obstacle. But with driving, you just have to stay calm at all times.

Has anyone noticed this about female motorists?

Yet men are culprits of many road accidents

2 Likes

Re: How Come Women Are Terrible Drivers And Should They Be Barred From Driving? by tayo60(f): 4:25pm On Apr 08, 2016
From experience women are terrible drivers. They will splash muddy water on you on the road, they won't give you chance to cross or drive past them. When they are behind the wheel, they are not always happy. Most wear gloomy faces as if something terrible just happened to them . Above all, they drive recklessly.
Re: How Come Women Are Terrible Drivers And Should They Be Barred From Driving? by luciouscookie: 4:58pm On Apr 08, 2016
Kachisbarbie:
I am tired of hearing this thing abeg, women are careful drivers_ men have this over confidence and pride while driving...of course pride goeth before a fall.

Lots of people have a wrong definition of who a good/sharp driver is. Driving one-way, honking like someone driving a woman in labour, insulting people, using indicator when you are already at the turn...etc, doesn't make any one a sharp driver.
I can relate to this. I think Nigeria would be a better place if everybody should start driving like women. They are very careful, law abiding and calm drivers.
Some men should be banned from driving jare.

1 Like

Re: How Come Women Are Terrible Drivers And Should They Be Barred From Driving? by luciouscookie: 5:00pm On Apr 08, 2016
Joavid:

true.
and the more they drive and overcome the fear, the better they become.
if we have more women on the road, there would be less accidents.

men are known for over speeding.
I concur
Re: How Come Women Are Terrible Drivers And Should They Be Barred From Driving? by pacino26(m): 5:10pm On Apr 08, 2016
Shymm3x:

My dear, they are graded well above hazard o their mere presence on the highway is an unsafe condition to other road users and I am speaking from experience. The most annoying aspect is their indifference to other road users.

My wife will visit a driving school even if it takes her 6months to perfect her skills to avoid long stories.

Lastly they barely know any DIY process in cars and will summon the husband for a loose battery head! lipsrsealed
Re: How Come Women Are Terrible Drivers And Should They Be Barred From Driving? by Shymm3x: 5:21pm On Apr 08, 2016
Creamish:

How much you know about Traffic rules and regulations and road use eg what to do when u approach road signs, T junctions, side turns, traffic lights etc determine how good a driver u are. It is not only about being confident behind wheels.

I think this is a simplistic way of looking at it. I can draw a correlation with education and say, it's about the ability to read, write, and assimilate knowledge. However, when you leave the four walls of a classroom and get into employment and the real world - it's deeper than that. What makes you an educated person out there is ya ability to apply the knowledge into problem solving and decision making.

With driving, once you're on the road, it's a different kettle of fish. Ya confidence/composure/awareness on the wheels is very important. And ya ability to stay composed at all times and be able to make split second decisions, without endangering yourself, other motorists, people, etc., is what makes you a good driver cos you'll always encounter all kinds of hazards.

1 Like

Re: How Come Women Are Terrible Drivers And Should They Be Barred From Driving? by Shymm3x: 5:23pm On Apr 08, 2016
pacino26:

My dear, they are graded well above hazard o their mere presence on the highway is an unsafe condition to other road users and I am speaking from experience. The most annoying aspect is their indifference to other road users.

My wife will visit a driving school even if it takes her 6months to perfect her skills to avoid long stories.

Lastly they barely know any DIY process in cars and will summon the husband for a loose battery head! lipsrsealed

Loool.

You know about female drivers. grin

99.999% of them suck and once you see how terrible the driving is, you'd know straight-away that it's a woman. Or sometimes, it might be elderly folks. grin
Re: How Come Women Are Terrible Drivers And Should They Be Barred From Driving? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Apr 08, 2016
And the backward and hostile gender bias continues ....

OP, you are located in Europe, are't you?

Here we go ....

There is extensive evidence to show that men have a higher rate of collisions than women. In addition to having a higher number of collisions, men incur their first collision earlier in their driving career and are more likely than women to be held to blame for the incident. Female drivers are less prone to risky driving behaviour, in particular speeding, and have more positive attitudes towards traffic regulations and safety.

http://etsc.eu/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Flash25_Gender.pdf

4 Likes

Re: How Come Women Are Terrible Drivers And Should They Be Barred From Driving? by Dirkcoyt: 1:04am On Apr 09, 2016
They no the truth but buy the truth with victim cards laced with emotions.
It doesn't mean we are chauvinistic for reeling out this fact. Large number of women are terrible drivers.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Headphone Caused Havoc Last Night...it Was Brutal, Learn From Me(pictures) / Mother-in-law / LADIES!!!! What Did You Give Hubby During His Last Birthday.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.