Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,484 members, 7,812,507 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:27 PM

Court Dissolves 25-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Lateness In Preparing Meals - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Court Dissolves 25-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Lateness In Preparing Meals (25491 Views)

Man Ends 22-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Trousers / Lady Celebrates As Court Dissolves Her Marriage (Photos) / Court Dissolves 18-year-old Marriage Over Incest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Dissolves 25-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Lateness In Preparing Meals by babasade(m): 11:06pm On Aug 11, 2015
That can't be the reason, the way media report things
Re: Court Dissolves 25-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Lateness In Preparing Meals by ArmaniUhuru: 11:06pm On Aug 11, 2015
A
Re: Court Dissolves 25-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Lateness In Preparing Meals by Calebosko(m): 11:06pm On Aug 11, 2015
caler tune,helo naija for real
Re: Court Dissolves 25-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Lateness In Preparing Meals by Nobody: 11:06pm On Aug 11, 2015
This is serious
Re: Court Dissolves 25-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Lateness In Preparing Meals by famzynet: 11:06pm On Aug 11, 2015
ericzzzz:
marriage is for better for worse ooooo ,,, that judgment is not fair
We should stop deceiving ourselves. This for better for worst is not helping you. Infact,it is a cause of early death in some marriages. Some women go into marriage with so much expectations from the man,and when they don't see that they turn to Jezebbel. Better a divorced man than staying with a woman that will shorten your life. Life has no duplicate but one can have another partner.

2 Likes

Re: Court Dissolves 25-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Lateness In Preparing Meals by fireforfire: 11:11pm On Aug 11, 2015
Men n food eh....
lol
Re: Court Dissolves 25-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Lateness In Preparing Meals by flawlessT(f): 11:12pm On Aug 11, 2015
Men and food grin..The woman myt be right tho
Re: Court Dissolves 25-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Lateness In Preparing Meals by coolhumble(m): 11:16pm On Aug 11, 2015
Ona ofun lona orun
Re: Court Dissolves 25-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Lateness In Preparing Meals by casdee12(m): 11:19pm On Aug 11, 2015
mmmmmmhmmmmm..is dah wah marriage is all about now??
Re: Court Dissolves 25-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Lateness In Preparing Meals by ronald4lif(m): 11:21pm On Aug 11, 2015
What nonsense. What happens to his hands that he can't fix his "own" meals?
Re: Court Dissolves 25-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Lateness In Preparing Meals by passionate88: 11:27pm On Aug 11, 2015
Sometimes I just detest these male judges... The woman was pleading for her marriage to be saved yet he dissolved the union... If it was the man that wanted more time, the judge would have adjourned the case to facilitate reconciliatory move... Well, what can I say?, it's a MAN's world after all
Re: Court Dissolves 25-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Lateness In Preparing Meals by Yksoul(m): 11:30pm On Aug 11, 2015
IT'S SAID TO HEAR THIS.BUT THE MAN SHOULDN'T HAVE DONE THIS.THE MAN DON EAT 'LOVE POISON' OUTSIDE O,THAT IS WHY HE'S BEHAVING LIKE THAT.WARNING TO WOMEN DONT LET THEM PUT SOMETHING IN THE FOOD OF YOUR HUSBANDS OUTSIDE O.GOD BLESS
Re: Court Dissolves 25-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Lateness In Preparing Meals by Eone(m): 11:34pm On Aug 11, 2015
Marriage is a life long commitment Keep to the vows you made in the presence of God, except when one party is found to be adulterous then it could be broken... Judge: What God has Joined together let no man put asunder...Marriage cannot be broken based on this flimsy reason
Re: Court Dissolves 25-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Lateness In Preparing Meals by chigoizie7(m): 11:36pm On Aug 11, 2015
oakson:
Nonsense... Nothin we know go hear!
I know of a 35yrs marriage where the woman doesn't know how to cook and the husband loves her like she is lacks nothing. They are grandparents now!

The should ve reconsidered nah,

But u don't ve to say that,

U don't ve to judge the man simply because of the couple u mentioned,

We are entirely diff individuals, what work for mr A might not work for mr B.

U don't expect him to start loving his "not cooking on time" wife that he does not want to love anymore because mrB loves his "not cooking @ all " wife.

As for the lady, if u know the right thing do it.

This man married this woman when marriage had values, some of the values includes domestic chores. he married her based on all these thing that he is lacking now, he Is no longer comfortable with it and has complained times without number but the wife does not want to hear, apparently on FB or instagram reading about couples or men who does not give a damn weda their wives cook for them or not.

2 Likes

Re: Court Dissolves 25-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Lateness In Preparing Meals by Nobody: 11:43pm On Aug 11, 2015
"Help me beg him" ni kan kan undecided
He booted you out, simple sad
In your anxiety to remain married, you begging to return even if he takes yet another wife shocked
Go away biko angry
Re: Court Dissolves 25-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Lateness In Preparing Meals by nkemjacob2(m): 11:52pm On Aug 11, 2015
obviously u guys are stil babies in marriage. Look @ d cheap reasons y u divourse. Marriage is meant for d matured not babies. Ur yeasr do not text ur level of maturity
Re: Court Dissolves 25-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Lateness In Preparing Meals by milky3(f): 11:56pm On Aug 11, 2015
What a silly excuse...
Re: Court Dissolves 25-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Lateness In Preparing Meals by Mariecakes(f): 12:00am On Aug 12, 2015
Wetin we no go hear undecided
Re: Court Dissolves 25-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Lateness In Preparing Meals by nationwide1(m): 12:03am On Aug 12, 2015
HungerBAD:
An Ikorodu Customary Court, Lagos, on Tuesday dissolved a 25-year-old marriage, between one Olufade Adekoya and his wife, Olusola, over lateness in preparing meals.

President of the court, Mr Olu Adebiyi, who dissolved the marriage, said there was “no longer any love in the marriage.’’

Adebiyi said that the court had tried several times to reconcile their indifferences but all efforts proved abortive.

“Therefore, you have ceased to be husband and wife, henceforth.
“I put an end to the union between both of you from today in the interest of peace,” he said.

The 57-year-old husband had told the court that his wife does not cook for him regularly and when she does, the food comes late.

“My wife had failed in her matrimonial obligations; she doesn’t prepare my food on time, I have warned her several times but she wouldn’t listen to me.

“ Most times I go to the canteen to eat when I am hungry, there is no point in harbouring a wife that makes me hungry.

“In fact, my sister saw me there one of these days, I am totally fed up.

“Please separate us, I am no more interested in the marriage.’’

However, the 45-year-old respondent denied all the allegations and accused her husband of wanting to take another wife.

“He is accusing me wrongly because he wants to take another wife, please help me beg him.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015/08/court-dissolves-25-year-old-marriage-over-wifes-lateness-in-preparing-meals/
Op, don't they have any child/ children? What's the position of the child / children in the matter?

Although the judge might seem to be doing his job but I pity him for putting asunder to what God had joined together.
Re: Court Dissolves 25-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Lateness In Preparing Meals by cold(m): 12:03am On Aug 12, 2015
Read the story again. Especially the highlighted part

passionate88:
Sometimes I just detest these male judges... The woman was pleading for her marriage to be saved yet he dissolved the union... If it was the man that wanted more time, the judge would have adjourned the case to facilitate reconciliatory move... Well, what can I say?, it's a MAN's world after all

HungerBAD:

Adebiyi said that the court had tried several times to reconcile their indifferences but all efforts proved abortive.

“Therefore, you have ceased to be husband and wife, henceforth.
“I put an end to the union between both of you from today in the interest of peace,” he said.

Richie0974:
Even the Court that is suppose to uphold now dissolves a 25 yrs marriage.... Why didn't they ask the husband how he coped for 25 years if his wife always cooks late...
If the couple have decided they can no longer live together,there's only so much the judge can do.
Re: Court Dissolves 25-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Lateness In Preparing Meals by maureenihasee(f): 12:15am On Aug 12, 2015
Wonders shall never end
Re: Court Dissolves 25-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Lateness In Preparing Meals by bummyla(m): 12:23am On Aug 12, 2015
Na waaah! Lord Have Mercy! http://www.bummyla.com
Re: Court Dissolves 25-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Lateness In Preparing Meals by Nobody: 12:23am On Aug 12, 2015
Funny stories from the lazy folks. The moment Africans change their mentality, the continent will begin to move forward.

I won't be surprised if the man is a lazy sit-at-home 1diot waiting for his wife who probably is a petty trader to come back from the hot sunshine at Oshodi to prepare food for him.

Is he disabled? Can he cook? Are wives slaves?

Sometimes I just wish I could slap and reset some people's brain. angry

5 Likes

Re: Court Dissolves 25-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Lateness In Preparing Meals by damton(m): 12:30am On Aug 12, 2015
Too bad
Re: Court Dissolves 25-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Lateness In Preparing Meals by Hunry: 12:38am On Aug 12, 2015
Just Negodu
Re: Court Dissolves 25-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Lateness In Preparing Meals by jacentha: 12:46am On Aug 12, 2015
Wow" I think that,s a shame that poor woman is hurting over her husband madness to be with another woman because he wants fresh meat.[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Court Dissolves 25-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Lateness In Preparing Meals by oakson: 1:11am On Aug 12, 2015
chigoizie7:

The should ve reconsidered nah,

But u don't ve to say that,

U don't ve to judge the man simply because of the couple u mentioned,

We are entirely diff individuals, what work for mr A might not work for mr B.

U don't expect him to start loving his "not cooking on time" wife that he does not want to love anymore because mrB loves his "not cooking @ all " wife.

As for the lady, if u know the right thing do it.

This man married this woman when marriage had values, some of the values includes domestic chores. he married her based on all these thing that he is lacking now, he Is no longer comfortable with it and has complained times without number but the wife does not want to hear, apparently on FB or instagram reading about couples or men who does not give a damn weda their wives cook for them or not.
You have spoken well... But I see no reason why a man would crush a home of 25yrs, JUST LIKE THAT! Where he dey for the 25yrs! There are unearthed facts the man is hiding. He no wan talk true. The world has gone beyond that archaic mentality of his. You don't expect a career woman to always mark attendance in the kitchen.
There are better things that need the fingers of today's woman other than delicacies

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Couple Welcome First Child Abroad After 30 Years Of Barrenness. Photos / How Do I Save My Marriage / 26 Things That Happen When You Grow Up In An African house

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.