Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,533 members, 7,812,656 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:56 PM

Court Dissolves 25-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Lateness In Preparing Meals - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Court Dissolves 25-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Lateness In Preparing Meals (25492 Views)

Man Ends 22-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Trousers / Lady Celebrates As Court Dissolves Her Marriage (Photos) / Court Dissolves 18-year-old Marriage Over Incest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Dissolves 25-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Lateness In Preparing Meals by oakson: 9:37am On Aug 12, 2015
chigoizie7:

U re getting it all wrong from my perception.

Has gone beyond archaic mentality u say? Yes, but certainly not for ur grand parents that are old now.

I know dere are certain hidden facts they don't want to tell us here.

*25yrs no be 25days, don't they have kids? I knew that my mum had to stop entering kitchen all the while my sisters were @ home until they got married.

This man married this lady some 25yrs ago apparently because he need a woman to give him kids, cook for him and some other things, and now he is not getting that cooking part, he felt sort changed and want a way out.

U can tell me that dissolving that very marriage @ this point I wrong and I will agree with u, but to tell me it Is archaic for a man his age and maybe with some core traditional belief of what marriage used to be in d past, NO, I will beg to differ.

I would ve agreed with you if the man had been a much younger person that is growing with this civilization trend.

But, why would d wife renege on her matrimonial duties?
I know u will also tell me that she I not her slave, but that is partly why he married her in their own time and she accepted those facts then, so, why not living up to it?
[b]You sounds so conservative, that's cool though. Nothing has really changed in marriage, we are only working and improving on our human capacities to maximise our potentials; hence, the perceived difference in the 'then' and 'now' marriage.

Ab initio, the man can't admit he had an hazy understanding of his wife. Did he picked or shopped her from a stand?

Wasn't he aware of her weaknesses? Didn't they court before the apparent consummation? Wasn't he privy to her kitchen incapacities before(my thought though), and he chose to manage her(His words gave credence to the fact that he has been managing the woman, which is not good enough!).

Now that d elasticity of his tolerance has contracted, he's now crying foul. You don't manage what you can't man and improve per time. I see him as a truce breaker. Do you also know that the woman popped out that her husband intended bringing in another woman.

Men could hide under anything(no matter how inconsequential and trivial) to perpetuate a premeditated plot.
Marriage is all about 100% acceptance. Taking your partner as she is, without making her feel endangered or worthless.
The woman should sue him for damages! [/b]
Re: Court Dissolves 25-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Lateness In Preparing Meals by chigoizie7(m): 10:06am On Aug 12, 2015
oakson:

[b]You sounds so conservative, that's cool though. Nothing has really changed in marriage, we are only working and improving on our human capacities to maximise our potentials; hence, the perceived difference in the 'then' and 'now' marriage.

Ab initio, the man can't admit he had an hazy understanding of his wife. Did he picked or shopped her from a stand?

Wasn't he aware of her weaknesses? Didn't they court before the apparent consummation? Wasn't he privy to her kitchen incapacities before(my thought though), and he chose to manage her(His words gave credence to the fact that he has been managing the woman, which is not good enough!).

Now that d elasticity of his tolerance has contracted, he's now crying foul. You don't manage what you can't man and improve per time. I see him as a truce breaker. Do you also know that the woman popped out that her husband intended bringing in another woman.

Men could hide under anything(no matter how inconsequential and trivial) to perpetuate a premeditated plot.
Marriage is all about 100% acceptance. Taking your partner as she is, without making her feel endangered or worthless.
The woman should sue him for damages! [/b]

Well, marriage is all about 100% acceptance, now he has refused to accept her 100%, its his choice, whatever happened to our fundamental human rights? If u want to be civilized, brother be civilized to the core,the old man want out, he is no longer happy, so he took a walk.

And f the wife is not OK by his decision, she should get a lawyer and head back to the court room as u pointed out.

If u want it in an old fashioned way of what marriage is and used to be, the woman was not living up to her supposed duties, and d man felt cheated and want out, its more of an agreement on what marriage used to be. He want out,because to him, she is no longer doing what and why she married her.

If u also want us to go te civilized way, then I will also tell u that the man got fed up and then took a walk as well. its is his right to be happy and to surround himself with people that will make him happy, and if he thinks his 25yr old wife is not part of those people, what will he do? Of course he will take a walk, and how did he do it? He went to the court, in a civilized way and setting and got what he wanted.

So, bros, whichever way, don't know were u re driving @.

Btw, I ve said it time without number that dissolving a 25yr old marriage sound awkward.

I also said it tat there is more to it than just not cooking on time.

Of course, he did not buy her off market as his slave to be cooking for him, and certainly she didn't get him as a bank or charity organization to be responsible for her needs.

She did not also employ him as a baby sitter,

He got fed up and took a walk, its as simple as that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Dissolves 25-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Lateness In Preparing Meals by ibrahimfat: 10:34am On Aug 12, 2015
What a. Waste of time nd effort,after many years of. Marriage.
Re: Court Dissolves 25-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Lateness In Preparing Meals by Nobody: 10:49am On Aug 12, 2015
Lord, heal every sick marriage!
Re: Court Dissolves 25-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Lateness In Preparing Meals by snakebeat: 11:11am On Aug 12, 2015
nationwide1:

Op, don't they have any child/ children? What's the position of the child / children in the matter?

Although the judge might seem to be doing his job but I pity him for putting asunder to what God had joined together.
Why the pity?
He's only doing his job. What about the lives judges condemn to death all time? Because God never mandated any man to take lives.
God will understand, because the society of today can't function without them...
Re: Court Dissolves 25-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Lateness In Preparing Meals by julius2825(m): 12:16pm On Aug 12, 2015
I posted a link earlier, and we where far behind, but now we are leading, thanks to those who have voted. if you are just seeing this, a foundation that has been giving employment to unemployed youths in Nigeria have been nominated by the UN for an award, the group is leading now and other groups are in pursuit so Nairalanders 'west African vocational education ' wave is still seeking your vote, click on the link and scroll down and click on west African vocational education wave and then vote, make a Nairalander proud, make a Nigerian proud, vote! http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=55c24da2e4b0e200525f890b
Re: Court Dissolves 25-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Lateness In Preparing Meals by Dragonking: 12:34pm On Aug 12, 2015
When a woman stop doing her major responsibility which is cooking, she is immediately giving room for another woman to take over....we have modernized our culture and taken everything the oyinbo man says but have forgotten that the most important thing a Mann wants esp in marriage is food and sex...Remember that a way to a mans heart is through his stomach and once any woman fails to do this, she should be ready to face whatever comes her way.
Re: Court Dissolves 25-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Lateness In Preparing Meals by ajalekoko1777: 2:11pm On Aug 12, 2015
Let others learn from this scenario and re-adjust
Re: Court Dissolves 25-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Lateness In Preparing Meals by ORALL: 11:47pm On Aug 12, 2015
Lol...ladies of nowadays wants a man that will wake them up every morning with a chocolate bar by their bed side....you can call me a cave man for all I care

In marriage we all have different roles to play,and the moment you start neglecting your roles all in the name of civilisation,then you expect and accept anything that comes your way..if I were the man,I would have also taken the same decisions but I won't go to courts...I would do it the traditional way...call both families we both speaks our minds and they decide either we go our way,our I marry another wife that would be willingly and eager to respect her own part of the bargain...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Do I Save My Marriage / 26 Things That Happen When You Grow Up In An African house / Missing Man In Benin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.