Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,545 members, 7,955,020 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:33 PM

Books Every Investor Should Read - Investment (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Books Every Investor Should Read (28436 Views)

5 Books Every Entrepreneur Should Read / Check Out The Top 10 Tricks Used By Online Scammers Every Investor Must Know / Investor Prospects 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Books Every Investor Should Read by ORI1(m): 8:19am On Jan 16, 2016
Xxpress:
I have winning ways, the fault in our stars, RICH-DAD-POOR-DAD,The Only Way To Win, Bill Gates - Jonathan Gatlin
Midas touch - Donal Trump and kiyosaki and many more. Anyone interested.
I'm interested bro,pls send to femimckonzy@yahoo.com.
Re: Books Every Investor Should Read by Jidexfeel(m): 11:05am On Jan 16, 2016
ernie4life:

What I have is the book and the soft copy, if you need the soft copy I can send it to you via mail.
Pls send me the soft copy too olajidesoleye@gmail.com
Re: Books Every Investor Should Read by Jidexfeel(m): 11:09am On Jan 16, 2016
Xxpress:
I have winning ways, the fault in our stars, RICH-DAD-POOR-DAD,The Only Way To Win, Bill Gates - Jonathan Gatlin
Pls send it to me too olajidesoleye@gmail.com
Re: Books Every Investor Should Read by YoungForever: 1:43pm On Jan 16, 2016
Ernie4life thanks man...have seen it.
Re: Books Every Investor Should Read by Nafizzey(m): 3:05pm On Jan 16, 2016
great thread
Re: Books Every Investor Should Read by bransonbig: 1:32am On Jan 17, 2016
ernie4life:

What I have is the book and the soft copy, if you need the soft copy I can send it to you via email.
Pls send me a copy. bransonbig@gmail.com
Re: Books Every Investor Should Read by bransonbig: 1:36am On Jan 17, 2016
ernie4life:
The Richest Man in Babylon 
Written by George Samuel Clason

It's a classic written in a story format that makes it more interesting to read, it teaches the basic principles in investment which am going to summarise in the 8 points below.

1. Pay Ourselves First( learn to save first before you start spending) 

2.   Live below our means. (“Control thy expenditures, curtail your expenditure to the minimum ”)

3. Make our money work for us( learn to invest your savings to yield more for you)

4. Insurance protects our wealth.  (“Guard they treasures from loss.”)

5. Our home is our biggest expense.  (make efforts to get your own personal house)

6. Have a retirement plan. (“plan for your retirement now your still working) 

7. Invest in ourselves. (“Increase your ability to earn by learning more and more through books etc)

8. Track Our Wealth. (Know where you are and where you are going.) 

This was the one of the first books I read and it has been more than helpful.

I have the soft copy(pdf), if you need it let me know.

Happy reading smiley

Pls send them to me. bransonbig@gmail.com. Thank you.
Re: Books Every Investor Should Read by bransonbig: 1:39am On Jan 17, 2016
ernie4life:
Stephen Covey's Seven Habits of Highly Effective People( brief summary ‎

Habit 1 - be proactive
This is the ability to control one's environment, rather than have it control you, as is so often the case. Self determination, choice, and the power to decide response to stimulus, conditions and circumstances

Habit 2 - begin with the end in mind‎
Covey calls this the habit of personal leadership - leading oneself that is, towards what you consider your aims. By developing the habit of concentrating on relevant activities you will build a platform to avoiddistractions and become more productive and successful.

Habit 3 - put first things first
Covey calls this the habit of personal management. This is about organising and implementing activities in line with the aims established in habit 2. Covey says that habit 2 is the first, or mental creation; habit 3 is the second, or physical creation. (See the section ontime management.)

Habit 4 - think win-win
Covey calls this the habit of interpersonal leadership, necessary because achievements are largely dependent on co-operative efforts with others. He says that win-win is based on the assumption that there is plenty for everyone, and that success follows a co-operative approach more naturally than the confrontation of win-or-lose.

Habit 5 - seek first to understand and then to be understood®One of the great maxims of the modern age. This is Covey's habit of communication, and it's extremely powerful. Covey helps to explain this in his simple analogy 'diagnose before you prescribe'. Simple and effective, and essential for developing and maintaining positive relationships in all aspects of life. (See the associated sections onEmpathy,Transactional Analysis, and theJohari Window.)

Habit 6 - synergize
Covey says this is the habit of creative co-operation - the principle that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts, which implicitly lays down the challenge to see the good and potential in the other person's contribution.

Habit 7 - sharpen the saw
This is the habit of self renewal, says Covey, and it necessarily surrounds all the other habits, enabling and encouraging them to happen and grow. Covey interprets the self into four parts: the spiritual, mental, physical and the social/emotional, which all need feeding and developing.

I have already sent the pdf book to last 6 persons who requested for investment book, please do well to forward to others who may be interested.

Happy reading ‎

Pls send them to me. bransonbig@gmail.com Thank you.
Re: Books Every Investor Should Read by jp130(m): 6:46am On Jan 17, 2016
Xxpress:

Plz forward rich dad poor dad, dat kiyosaki to jp4love2000@yahoo.com
Re: Books Every Investor Should Read by jp130(m): 6:50am On Jan 17, 2016
[quote author=bransonbig post=42049611]

Pls send them to me. bransonbig@gmail.com. Thank you.[/quote

Plz forward d richest man in babylon to me plz. If u av d audio, i wud prefer it
jp4love2000@yahoo.com
Re: Books Every Investor Should Read by Xxpress(m): 8:31am On Jan 17, 2016
jp130:

Plz forward rich dad poor dad, dat kiyosaki to jp4love2000@yahoo.com
sent
Re: Books Every Investor Should Read by Jidexfeel(m): 10:25am On Jan 18, 2016
Pls Ernie4life & Xxpress i haven't seen your mail. Please help me to send it bros. I'll be waiting. olajidesoleye@gmail.com
Re: Books Every Investor Should Read by Xxpress(m): 1:44pm On Jan 18, 2016
no1fan:

I am sir. Email is john_adanma@yahoo.com
sent
Re: Books Every Investor Should Read by Xxpress(m): 1:45pm On Jan 18, 2016
Jidexfeel:
Pls Ernie4life & Xxpress i haven't seen your mail. Please help me to send it bros. I'll be waiting. olajidesoleye@gmail.com
sent
Re: Books Every Investor Should Read by Xxpress(m): 1:49pm On Jan 18, 2016
ORI1:
I'm interested bro,pls send to femimckonzy@yahoo.com.
sent
Re: Books Every Investor Should Read by Xxpress(m): 1:51pm On Jan 18, 2016
Bobbyunitedfc:

PLEASE I BEG U SEND TO OMOLOLU51@GMAIL.COM
GOD BLESS
sent
Re: Books Every Investor Should Read by hayzed1090: 2:15pm On Jan 18, 2016
akinpeluazeez33@yahoo.com
Re: Books Every Investor Should Read by paulostical: 2:15pm On Jan 18, 2016
Ernie and Taiwo thanks much I got the books sent to me.
Re: Books Every Investor Should Read by Bobbyunitedfc(m): 3:37pm On Jan 18, 2016
Xxpress:
sent

THE WPS ON MY FONE CANT SEEM TO OPEN SOME OF THE BOOKS...WHICH APP CAN I DOWNLOAD TO ENABLE ME ACCESS DEM ALL...THANKS
Re: Books Every Investor Should Read by YoungForever: 5:44pm On Jan 18, 2016
@Xxpress do you have any audio version of the books..
Re: Books Every Investor Should Read by Xxpress(m): 6:50pm On Jan 18, 2016
Bobbyunitedfc:

THE WPS ON MY FONE CANT SEEM TO OPEN SOME OF THE BOOKS...WHICH APP CAN I DOWNLOAD TO ENABLE ME ACCESS DEM ALL...THANKS
Well, first and foremost, You should show appreciation for the little gesture. Secondly, some of the books are in epub format. There are many apps u can use to open them like aldiko, moon reader, mantano. Google play store is Ur friend if u are Android user.
Re: Books Every Investor Should Read by Xxpress(m): 6:51pm On Jan 18, 2016
YoungForever:
@Xxpress do you have any audio version of the books..
I have audio for the one minute manager
Re: Books Every Investor Should Read by Xxpress(m): 6:51pm On Jan 18, 2016
paulostical:
Ernie and Taiwo thanks much I got the books sent to me.
You are welcome
Re: Books Every Investor Should Read by Xxpress(m): 6:52pm On Jan 18, 2016
The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.
Re: Books Every Investor Should Read by Xxpress(m): 6:56pm On Jan 18, 2016
Xxpress:
The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go. It's good to read good books
Re: Books Every Investor Should Read by Jidexfeel(m): 7:36pm On Jan 18, 2016
Xxpress:
sent
Thanks so much i've seen it. God bless you
Re: Books Every Investor Should Read by YoungForever: 8:51pm On Jan 18, 2016
Xxpress:
I have audio for the one minute manager

push some to my mail..
Re: Books Every Investor Should Read by bizzybigger: 4:05am On Jan 19, 2016
tobibigger@gmail.com
Re: Books Every Investor Should Read by Everyday4(m): 5:11am On Jan 19, 2016
Xxpress:
send to cinnocent24@yahoo.com
Re: Books Every Investor Should Read by Bobbyunitedfc(m): 7:19am On Jan 19, 2016
Xxpress:
Well, first and foremost, You should show appreciation for the little gesture. Secondly, some of the books are in epub format. There are many apps u can use to open them like aldiko, moon reader, mantano. Google play store is Ur friend if u are Android user.

MY BROTHER NO VEX JAWE,SO SORRY,THANKS FOR THE BOOKS....I DOWNLOADED EPUP READER ,WHICH AIDED SMOOTH READING OF DEM BOOKS U SENT..THANKS AGAIN
Re: Books Every Investor Should Read by Gdyne(f): 3:20pm On Jan 19, 2016
Am so happy that a lot of people are interested in reading some nice books, and my promise is that I will share both the soft copy and the audio copy for any book I recommend.

So for now am going to send to every body that requested for the richest man in Babylon but I will do a review of it first.
Sheers, please don't forget to share what you learnt from the books with us after reading.[/quote]

Please Bro kindly send to me too. chikgera@yahoo.com
god Bles you plenty plenty.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

The Secret Of Earning Without Spending A Dime / The Surge In Ponzi Schemes More Likely To Choke MMM Than Media Frenzy / Reliable Places for Bitcoin & Cryptocurrency Investments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.