Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,209 members, 7,811,567 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:45 PM

'stay At Home' Order Tomorrow In Ife And The Power Of 'the People'. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'stay At Home' Order Tomorrow In Ife And The Power Of 'the People'. (1084 Views)

We’re Not Part Of Ipob’s Sit-home Order To Mark Biafra Day – Anglican Clerics / Abuja: Igbos Flout Biafra Sit-At-Home Order / IPOB Circulates 23rd Sit-At-Home Order In South-East & South-South (Snapshot) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'stay At Home' Order Tomorrow In Ife And The Power Of 'the People'. by BabaNath(m): 9:30pm On Aug 11, 2015
On the 'stay at home tomorrow' order in Ife. The traditional council of Ile Ife gave an order yesterday, strongly advised people to stay indoors tomorrow, owing to the traditional passing rites for the late monarch. Based on this, I have a few questions I'll like to get an answer to: What if we all choose to defy this order? Will that not be a chance to test the collective will of the people? Shouldn't all the unnecessary tradition that is not in conformity with our modern day be jettisoned? How many businesses will be affected tomorrow? What if there's an emergency? Why are we still adhering to tenets that was passed to us by men who never saw 'civilization'? I'm just thinking aloud.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'stay At Home' Order Tomorrow In Ife And The Power Of 'the People'. by Nobody: 9:33pm On Aug 11, 2015
Its being quite a while i hv made top comment. All the same i no understand wetin dis guy de talk.
Re: 'stay At Home' Order Tomorrow In Ife And The Power Of 'the People'. by Alphaoscar: 10:06pm On Aug 11, 2015
BabaNath:
On the 'stay at home tomorrow' order in Ife. The traditional council of Ile Ife gave an order yesterday, strongly advised people to stay indoors tomorrow, owing to the traditional passing rites for the late monarch. Based on this, I have a few questions I'll like to get an answer to: What if we all choose to defy this order? Will that not be a chance to test the collective will of the people? Shouldn't all the unnecessary tradition that is not in conformity with our modern day be jettisoned? How many businesses will be affected tomorrow? What if there's an emergency? Why are we still adhering to tenets that was passed to us by men who never saw 'civilization'? I'm just thinking aloud.

I challenge you to lead the group that will defy that order! I don't know what is wrong with some people that we always run to condemn anything relating to our culture all in the name of one stupid and moronic civilization!!!

3 Likes

Re: 'stay At Home' Order Tomorrow In Ife And The Power Of 'the People'. by Trailblazer1(m): 10:08pm On Aug 11, 2015
BabaNath:

You want to be a hero undecided
FYI, the even "abobaku" a man designated by destiny to die with the Ooni has escaped grin

We don't honour heroes in Nigeria, abeg park well o cheesy

1 Like

Re: 'stay At Home' Order Tomorrow In Ife And The Power Of 'the People'. by Nobody: 10:11pm On Aug 11, 2015
Defy it and show them the power of d people.

I wish you the best of defiance. cool

Ordinary environmental sanitation you no dey defy. Na this one body dey itch you to defy.

Go defy am o. And test your will abi wetin u call am

1 Like

Re: 'stay At Home' Order Tomorrow In Ife And The Power Of 'the People'. by Trailblazer1(m): 10:20pm On Aug 11, 2015
Activa:
Defy it and show them the power of d people.

I wish you the best of defiance. cool

Ordinary environmental sanitation you no dey defy. Na this one body dey itch you to defy.

Go defy am o. And test your will abi wetin u call am
The guy just finish watching an American action packed thriller movie grin

1 Like

Re: 'stay At Home' Order Tomorrow In Ife And The Power Of 'the People'. by Nobody: 10:22pm On Aug 11, 2015
Trailblazer1:

The guy just finish watching an American action packed thriller movie grin

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 'stay At Home' Order Tomorrow In Ife And The Power Of 'the People'. by OtunbaJega: 10:25pm On Aug 11, 2015
Mr. Johnny Bravo

Oya go and Defy, we dey behind you... after you defy your own finish, we go follow you....

Oshi!
Re: 'stay At Home' Order Tomorrow In Ife And The Power Of 'the People'. by DONLEKAN: 11:15pm On Aug 11, 2015
@ Op. I totally agree with you. We can defy those traditionalists and Norin dey happen. If not for say I dey far away, I for join you defy. in any case, I follow you defy for my mind. Go and return to tell us wetin happen.

Spirits go take you do suya. Arindin.

(1) (Reply)

Ronaldo Named World’s Most Charitable Sports Star / We Need To Address This Pls.....you Are Needed Here / States With The Most Tribal Marks On Their Faces Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.