Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,743 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

Abuja: Igbos Flout Biafra Sit-At-Home Order - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abuja: Igbos Flout Biafra Sit-At-Home Order (29668 Views)

Biafra: Sit At Home Monitoring Thread- Pictures / Failed Biafra Sit At Home in Port Harcourt PICS VIDEOS / Biafra Sit At Home Protest: Official Report Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abuja: Igbos Flout Biafra Sit-At-Home Order by modsfucker: 7:23am On Sep 23, 2016
Since the announcement by IPOB calling on all Igbos to embark on a sit at home protest on 23rd September, 2016, I took it upon myself to go round the city of Abuja to assess the level of compliance.

To my greatest dismay, people of Igbo extraction have all poured into the streets going about their businesses as though the order was not given. I was also opportuned to see some Igbo shop owners having their shops opened for the days business.

What is the level of compliance in your area?

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abuja: Igbos Flout Biafra Sit-At-Home Order by DavSagacity(m): 7:25am On Sep 23, 2016
hmmm
Any igbo or Ibo That decide Not to go to Work does So at his or her own peril.

Shey the order go Bring moneey for My stomach. School done resume Shey na ipod Abi na ipad go help me pay for My Emeka school fees....?

Nna !!! They should go and siddon

105 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Abuja: Igbos Flout Biafra Sit-At-Home Order by sarrki(m): 7:27am On Sep 23, 2016
Real igbo man will definitely disregard the order

Only ipob terrorist & there criminal followers will obey such

76 Likes

Re: Abuja: Igbos Flout Biafra Sit-At-Home Order by jmichlins(m): 7:28am On Sep 23, 2016
sadly am in their controlled zone. Am supposed to be off to work right now but can't. Reporting from Nnewi

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja: Igbos Flout Biafra Sit-At-Home Order by Emancipation: 7:30am On Sep 23, 2016
So abuja is now part of Biafran territory?

181 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Abuja: Igbos Flout Biafra Sit-At-Home Order by sweerychick(f): 7:31am On Sep 23, 2016
jmichlins:
sadly am in their controlled zone. Am supposed to be off to work right now but can't. Reporting from Nnewi
my dear go to work and disregard this senseless order.

18 Likes

Re: Abuja: Igbos Flout Biafra Sit-At-Home Order by Alcatraz003: 7:33am On Sep 23, 2016
sweerychick:

If he is not igbo he might be harmed. Is that what you want for him?

15 Likes

Re: Abuja: Igbos Flout Biafra Sit-At-Home Order by jmichlins(m): 7:34am On Sep 23, 2016
sweerychick:
my dear you dey my area or just being optimistic
Re: Abuja: Igbos Flout Biafra Sit-At-Home Order by 24hrsmarriage: 7:34am On Sep 23, 2016
always having headache in biafra matters. He concerned you. Sit at home orders is strictly for biafrans in south east.Is Abuja south east. Received Sense

124 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Abuja: Igbos Flout Biafra Sit-At-Home Order by sweerychick(f): 7:37am On Sep 23, 2016
Alcatraz003:

harmed by who? The security forces have taken over the town in case of any mischief.

1 Like

Re: Abuja: Igbos Flout Biafra Sit-At-Home Order by jmichlins(m): 7:37am On Sep 23, 2016
Alcatraz003:

am igbo but don't believe in that senseless dream. Even public schools and markets are closed here to tell you how serious this is and with the soldiers trigger happy and police bail 5 digits after much beating am not risking it until am sure it's safe

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja: Igbos Flout Biafra Sit-At-Home Order by Proudlyngwa(m): 7:39am On Sep 23, 2016
24hrsmarriage:
always having headache in biafra matters. He concerned you. Sit at home orders is strictly for biafrans in south east.Is Abuja south east. Received Sense
Actually the sit at home is meant to be worldwide by Igbo's on solidarity for Biafra , its optional though.

5 Likes

Re: Abuja: Igbos Flout Biafra Sit-At-Home Order by sweerychick(f): 7:39am On Sep 23, 2016
jmichlins:
my dear you dey my area or just being optimistic
not really, but if you value your job you should go to work. Unless your boss is a staunch supporter of IPOB, sit at home order is in illegal and unconstitutional. kiss

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja: Igbos Flout Biafra Sit-At-Home Order by modsfucker: 7:40am On Sep 23, 2016
24hrsmarriage:

Lolz... But they said IPOB worldwide

15 Likes

Re: Abuja: Igbos Flout Biafra Sit-At-Home Order by sweerychick(f): 7:41am On Sep 23, 2016
jmichlins:
am igbo but don't believe in that senseless dream. Even public schools and markets are closed here to tell you how serious this is and with the soldiers trigger happy and police bail 5 digits after much beating am not risking it until am sure it's safe
unless so..
Re: Abuja: Igbos Flout Biafra Sit-At-Home Order by Alcatraz003: 7:42am On Sep 23, 2016
sweerychick:
harmed by who? The security forces have taken over the town in case of any mischief.

He has confirmed he is igbo so no wahala. Peaceful protest is all we want.

Igbos need to do more though if they want this Biafra. Moving back to the east enmasse will send a clear signal to the powers that be.

12 Likes

Re: Abuja: Igbos Flout Biafra Sit-At-Home Order by SamuelAnyawu(m): 7:44am On Sep 23, 2016
On my way to work. Wuse2 Loading..........

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja: Igbos Flout Biafra Sit-At-Home Order by mKc9ET(m): 7:46am On Sep 23, 2016
So what the hell are u trying to insinuate OP? That igbos are not complying, when did Abuja becomes Igbo land,? Come to Igbo land and see what is happening so that u will take ur chill pill.

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abuja: Igbos Flout Biafra Sit-At-Home Order by VictorRomanov: 7:49am On Sep 23, 2016
''The Igbo man fears no god or man''. His motivation is what he thinks is for his benefit and that of his family. If the sit at home order aint bringing money, nwanne e no go get head.

8 Likes

Re: Abuja: Igbos Flout Biafra Sit-At-Home Order by jmichlins(m): 7:49am On Sep 23, 2016
sweerychick:
not really, but if you value your job you should go to work. Unless your boss is a staunch supporter of IPOB, sit at home order is in illegal and unconstitutional. kiss
actually am my own boss

6 Likes

Re: Abuja: Igbos Flout Biafra Sit-At-Home Order by klbakare(m): 7:51am On Sep 23, 2016
Did anybody say biafrans shouldn't go to work?

1 Like

Re: Abuja: Igbos Flout Biafra Sit-At-Home Order by HtwoOw: 7:51am On Sep 23, 2016
Who has IPOB helped?

3 Likes

Re: Abuja: Igbos Flout Biafra Sit-At-Home Order by onespecial(m): 7:52am On Sep 23, 2016
modsfucker:

Lolz... But they said IPOB worldwide

You have started again, they will still shut down Abuja or Lagos and u won't do a thing.

When they brought the protest to Lag and Abuja, what did u do ?

You are not ashamed demanding they exercise their powers in your own land too. Pathetic

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abuja: Igbos Flout Biafra Sit-At-Home Order by Gchimez: 7:55am On Sep 23, 2016
sweerychick:
must u expose illiteracy everywhere you go?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja: Igbos Flout Biafra Sit-At-Home Order by OsuIbo: 7:57am On Sep 23, 2016
Alcatraz003:

Igbos need to do more though if they want this Biafra. Moving back to the east enmasse will send a clear signal to the powers that be.
But unfortunately, as we write now, thousands of ibos are at various motor parks in iboland, attempting to board the next bus that will take them out of iboland to other part of Nigeria

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja: Igbos Flout Biafra Sit-At-Home Order by EternalTruths: 7:59am On Sep 23, 2016
Is Abuja Biafran capital.?

What kind of Afonja question is this.? angry

31 Likes

Re: Abuja: Igbos Flout Biafra Sit-At-Home Order by sweerychick(f): 8:02am On Sep 23, 2016
Alcatraz003:

He has confirmed he is igbo so no wahala. Peaceful protest is all we want.

my mum told me about her bitter experience of the war, she said she was barely 7yrs when the war started and her village was a stronghold of Biafra ( ohafia abia state) every morning the hide in the bush, till evening when the safely return back home, she said she remembered one time they all returned home only to discover that their house have been taken over by Nigerian soldiers. They were forced to work for the Hausa soldiers, she told me that some of the Hausa soldiers forcefully married some Igbo ladies while some raped and committed all manner of atrocities. I get scared and sad when she shares her war stories with me. That's why it really breaks my heart seeing all those IPOB protesters shot like animals, if they really had an idea about what Biafrans suffered, they would have a rethink. I just hope Nnamdi kanu will have a rethink about actualizing this Biafra agitation. Nevertheless I'm not against freedom of expression. Just hope it doesn't lead to anarchy kiss

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abuja: Igbos Flout Biafra Sit-At-Home Order by Alcatraz003: 8:03am On Sep 23, 2016
OsuIbo:
But unfortunately, as we write now, thousands of ibos are at various motor parks in the iboland, attempting to board the next bus that will take them out of iboland to other part of Nigeria

This is the folly of the whole struggle. How can you clamour for freedom from the oppressor and still flood his land?

Igbos need to thoroughly evaluate this and find a lasting solution to their migration problem. The singular move of moving back to the east by all igbos will aid the biafran struggle by at least 50%. Anything short of this will only embolden the oppressing tribes to see igbos as court jesters.

A lot of people are watching with keen interest how the igbos will pull this off.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja: Igbos Flout Biafra Sit-At-Home Order by attackgat: 8:07am On Sep 23, 2016
modsfucker:
Since the announcement by IPOB calling on all Igbos to embark on a sit at home protest on 23rd September, 2016, I took it upon myself to go round the city of Abuja to assess the level of compliance.

To my greatest dismay, people of Igbo extraction have all poured into the streets going about their businesses as though the order was not given. I was also opportuned to see some Igbo shop owners having their shops opened for the days business.

What is the level of compliance in your area?

As far as I know, the order is not about just Igbos. Neither is it about any area outside the SS/SE area

5 Likes

Re: Abuja: Igbos Flout Biafra Sit-At-Home Order by sweerychick(f): 8:08am On Sep 23, 2016
Gchimez:
must u expose illiteracy everywhere you go?
I'm not an illiterate, but obeying an order that is subject to treason is the height of illiteracy kiss..

16 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Isa Pantami: I Haven’t Bought A Single House Anywhere Since I Became Minister / Some Senior Citizens Are Motor Park Touts –Jonathan / Yahaya Bello Shows President Buhari His Certificate Of Return

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.