Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,277 members, 7,836,243 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

I Need Some Help - Anyone To Help, Please? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Need Some Help - Anyone To Help, Please? (868 Views)

Help! Please I Want Answers To Some Fundamental Biblical Question / I Need Your Help Please / Please I Need Some Help In Some Religion/psychology Research (lolz) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Some Help - Anyone To Help, Please? by huxley(m): 4:18pm On Mar 23, 2009
I need someone to help me pose a question on this board, as I have just learnt that some people (eg, JeSoul ) will not address questions that are posed by me, Huxley. 

I need a thread that asks the following questions:

Atheists care first and foremost,  about the majors claims of religion such as;

1)  The existence of a supernatural realm and a god that inhabits that realm

2)  The nature of God and his attributes (otherwise known as the ontology of god)

This is essentially what atheism is supposed to adjudicate on - nothing else.   

Now, if you are making a claim fo the existence of an entity, the burden of proof is on you to provide evidence for that entity.  Atheists have no burden of proof on this subject.  Take the following little thought experiment as an example.

Do you believe in the existence of Sussicorn ?  By the way, you have every right to ask me about the ontology of Sussicorn.

If you don't, why don't you?   Think of all the other gods that humans have venerated in the past- Zues, Wotan, Appolo, Sango, Thor, etc, etc.  Why don't you believe in any of these gods today?  If you understand why you don't believe in these gods, you would understand why atheist don't believe in your god.

If you choose to make a thread for this, please title it something like "What does atheism address primarily?"
Re: I Need Some Help - Anyone To Help, Please? by JeSoul(f): 4:50pm On Mar 23, 2009
lol . . . I gotta admit, you have your moments of genuine humor.

So is anyone going to help out Huxley?
Re: I Need Some Help - Anyone To Help, Please? by huxley(m): 5:25pm On Mar 23, 2009
JeSoul:

lol . . . I gotta admit, you have your moments of genuine humor.

So is anyone going to help out Huxley?

How was I suppose to understand this comment;

JeSoul:

lol . . . persecution card? I will assume that to be an attempt at a joke. I will not 'address' those questions becos you raised them. I'm not worried about therationa tpaine Huxley and what he thinks of my 'credibility'.

If Bawo, Chris, Manmustwac or Mazaje opens a thread and raises those questions and invites opinions from christians, I will be the first to jump on board. Becos I know you're not really intrested in discussion as your history here has shown . . . small wonder no one but AIO replies your threads. I've already said that the only thing you've shown you care about is ridiculing, slandering, jeering, scoffing and mocking christians and christianity.

Literally or metaphorically?
Re: I Need Some Help - Anyone To Help, Please? by JeSoul(f): 5:34pm On Mar 23, 2009
huxley:

How was I suppose to understand this comment;

Literally or metaphorically?
  Literally. I just thot it slightly comical that you'd open a thread and ask for others to ask the questions for you.

Common now Huxley don't feign innocence, you know why most christian NLders don't patronize your threads. Your reputation precedes and undermines whatever legitimacy might be contained in your threads/questions.
Re: I Need Some Help - Anyone To Help, Please? by noetic(m): 5:05am On Mar 26, 2009
huxley:

1)  The existence of a supernatural realm and a god that inhabits that realm
The bible has forever stated its case. Any evidence to the contrary?

2)  The nature of God and his attributes (otherwise known as the ontology of god)

This is essentially what atheism is supposed to adjudicate on - nothing else.   

Now, if you are making a claim fo the existence of an entity, the burden of proof is on you to provide evidence for that entity.  Atheists have no burden of proof on this subject.  Take the following little thought experiment as an example.

Do you believe in the existence of Sussicorn ?  By the way, you have every right to ask me about the ontology of Sussicorn.

If you don't, why don't you?   Think of all the other gods that humans have venerated in the past- Zues, Wotan, Appolo, Sango, Thor, etc, etc.  Why don't you believe in any of these gods today?  If you understand why you don't believe in these gods, you would understand why atheist don't believe in your god.
[/color][/font]
After listening to the crappy youtube links u posted titled:What is God? I came to the conclusion that the maker of that video is in a confused state of mind, based on the obvious contradictions of his lyrics from both videos one and two.

All your questions will be answered here, but before we proceed can u please answer this:
WHAT IS THE ONTOLOGY OF HUXLEY?
Re: I Need Some Help - Anyone To Help, Please? by noetic(m): 10:41pm On Mar 26, 2009
where is huxley?
Re: I Need Some Help - Anyone To Help, Please? by huxley(m): 10:58pm On Mar 26, 2009
noetic:

where is huxley?

Am here, boy. I guess you want an answer about my ontology? Here goes:

Ontology essentially deals with the nature of a being or thing and whether it is legitimate to say if such a being or thing exists. To ask about the ontology of a thing is to ask of what sort of material it is constituted and whether such a thing exists.

Given the above definition, Huxley is a person and using commonsense notion of medium-size irreducible real things, persons are constituted of materials (flesh & blood made of atoms of elements) and mind (which is a consequence of a certain arrangement of material). Further, persons (like all entities know to exists) have secondary and relational properties such as height, colour, weight, bravery, kindness, intelligence, etc, etc.

This is known as a commonsense view, in that it does not violate any ordinary notion of what personhood is. This definition would be recognise by almost everyone on the planet. But of course, there is more to what makes a person a person, than I have given above (or than is know to humans).

Hope that helps.
Re: I Need Some Help - Anyone To Help, Please? by Nobody: 11:02pm On Mar 26, 2009
huxley:

Now, if you are making a claim fo the existence of an entity, the burden of proof is on you to provide evidence for that entity.

I was working on the basis of this when i thought since you guys are staking a claim for evolution, you would provide compelling evidence for it. Where is your evidence? Enough of asking questions and running away when we ask you ours.

(1) (Reply)

"my Mental Illness Has Gone", Says Dick / Joshua And Jesus / Get Your Brain " Washed"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.