Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

Corruption Probe: Peace Committee Shocked In Meeting With President Buhari - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Corruption Probe: Peace Committee Shocked In Meeting With President Buhari (50548 Views)

Makarfi Faction Disagrees With Peace Committee, Calls Them Nonentity / We Are No Longer In Military Era, Abdulsalami Peace Committee Tells Buhari / Abdusalami Peace Committee In A Meeting With Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corruption Probe: Peace Committee Shocked In Meeting With President Buhari by activelyA(f): 12:37pm On Aug 12, 2015
TheFreeOne:

A member of the committee reverend father Kukah has debunked this rumour. He said on channels tv that Gej never send emissaries nor contacted members of the committee to discuss/beg Buhari regarding the issue of probing him or members of immediate past administration.

Their meeting with buhari was to discuss how to maintain peace in the country.

But unfortunately simpletons always believe any propaganda from Gej haters.

Said it...
There is hardly anything sahara reporters will not do to spoil Jonathan's name....still wondering what he did to them. undecided
Junk Journalism!
They should deviate to blogging since all they seek is gossips and small talks that breed sentiment and misunderstanding.

Looking at the writeup, who was the person in charge of psychology that noticed Jonathan's discomfort and inability to speak
If this were secret meetings, Buhari should query his security on how it got out.
By the way, Who is Sahara reporters source That was present in a so called "secret meeting".

Vague Journalists sad angry
Re: Corruption Probe: Peace Committee Shocked In Meeting With President Buhari by ymomoh: 12:43pm On Aug 12, 2015
YOU SPEAK AS A FOOOOOL...
voltron:
BUHARI is evidently demonstrating his deficiencies in Political Correctness.. if you probe GEJ, you will have to go back and probe Yaradua, OBJ, Atiku, Shonekan, Abacha, IBB then yourself. you are just chasing your tail like a dog on wee-wee
Re: Corruption Probe: Peace Committee Shocked In Meeting With President Buhari by elohorayodele: 12:57pm On Aug 12, 2015
PassingShot:

Did you read anything in my post suggesting he should forget Halliburton?

Even if he doesn't probe Halliburton, it won't diminish his anti-corruption stature as far as his regime does not encourage or allow corruption to thrive.

Besides, what made GEJ not to probe Halliburton? I ask you because you appear a supporter of him.

put sentiments aside and say the truth
Because GEJ was a weak, unwilling and corrupt man himself he couldn't consider probing anyone.

If Haliburton is swept under the carpet we all can say for sure that our president has dipped his hand in the cookie jar in time past and is afraid of opening a can of worms that will shame even him.

If you call yourself a no nonsense anti corruption leader you wont be selective in probes even when they are been brought to your notice by the US. If he Ignores the US and is selective in who to go after it won't only diminish his anti-corruption stature, it would shatter it.

All corrupt people should be put in jail
be it GEJ, OBJ, IBB, BAT etc

any more questions?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Corruption Probe: Peace Committee Shocked In Meeting With President Buhari by PassingShot(m): 12:57pm On Aug 12, 2015
Truckpusher:
Well, we will wait for the outcome.
On who financed his election , I didn't mention money in my post but I said 'resources' and resources could be anything ranging from using state infrastructure to any other means and finally money too ,so it's a wild goose chase to narrow it down to finance unless you're already aware that some states IGR and federal allocation were used in financing his campaign but again he accessed 27 million naira facility from the bank to buy his form from the APC . So , where did he get all that money to run his campaign across the country ? Or you simply think that they were all from donations from a people purportedly impoverished by the past administration?
Listen, on his form purchase, he clearly stated that he took the loan (more like an overdraft) against an expected credit into his account then. So, we won't be able to say how much of the N27 million was the loan.

On his campaign fund, anyone will do well not to see it as "his campaign" but as "APC's campaign" because it was a party business having become their standard bearer. I can't hold brief for APC but we need to sincerely appreciate that the party should be capable of sourcing for funds to execute its campaign programs.

Though anybody is however free to ask questions about where the party sourced for such fund but it will be unpatriotic to want to conclude that APC's states looted their treasuries to run the presidential campaign without having hard evidence to back such claim. It is worse to do that especially when the accusers ignore the clear fact that PDP used our national treasury to execute theirs.
Re: Corruption Probe: Peace Committee Shocked In Meeting With President Buhari by puffcitylife: 1:01pm On Aug 12, 2015
olatemitayo:
Dear God, please protect and uphold GMB. Let him not be drowned by those who instead of repenting and restituting, are busy devising means to escape the consequences of the grave ills they have done to our country Nigeria and her great citizens. Confuse their language and set them in disarray... Amen!
amen!!!
Re: Corruption Probe: Peace Committee Shocked In Meeting With President Buhari by PassingShot(m): 1:09pm On Aug 12, 2015
elohorayodele:

Because he was a weak and corrupt man himself.
Noted

If Haliburton is swept under the carpet we all can say for sure that our president has dipped his hand in the cookie jar in time past and is afraid of opening a can of worms that will shame even him.
I repeat, there have been many instances that OBJ and IBB could have revealed any corrupt practices of PMB if he had any skeleton in his cupboard. The last election was also an opportunity for GEJ, who already knows all those involved in the Halliburton scandal, to expose PMB. That NOTHING was revealed then is another indication that PMB is clean.

Even though we know he has asked Halliburton case to be re-opened, there could still be many reasons why PMB may not probe the scandal. The reason doesn't have to be the allusion he "dipped his hand in the cookie jar in the past". In as much as I want Halliburton case unearthed, it may present a humongous distraction to the government especially if done now.

If you call yourself a no nonsense anti corruption leader you wont be selective in probes even when they are been brought to your notice by the US. If he Ignores the US and is selective in who to go after it won't only diminish his anti-corruption stature, it would shatter it
Which are the cases brought to his knowledge by US that he has ignored.

On general note, PMB cannot realistically probe all past administrations. He has not all the time in the world to do that. His immediate concern is rightly the last administration that handed over to him.
Re: Corruption Probe: Peace Committee Shocked In Meeting With President Buhari by presidentMZ: 1:11pm On Aug 12, 2015
May God almighty protect our President to execute his mandate, probe probe probe!
Re: Corruption Probe: Peace Committee Shocked In Meeting With President Buhari by lexy2014: 1:15pm On Aug 12, 2015
activelyA:
sad undecided
I almost belived but when I saw that the source was sahara reporters, I changed my mind undecided
B4 sahara reported this story, there had been rumours that there were moves to make buhari soft peddal on his anti corruption crusade. i listened to rev. fr. matthew kukah, secretary of d peace committee on tv addressing d press after their meeting with d president and i was dazed with what he said. he said that this is no longer a military regime and that the probe must be done according 2d law. d question i asked myself is so far, how has d present govt gone against d law regarding probing officials of d last administration? again, y is d peace committee so interested in who d president probes and who he doesnt?

1 Like

Re: Corruption Probe: Peace Committee Shocked In Meeting With President Buhari by okeyfrank: 1:30pm On Aug 12, 2015
Nigerians so much would like corrupt officials to be prosecuted. Corruption has done us so much harm as a country and any objective fight against it [Not Selective Fight], will be welcome. Corruption does not necessarily mean stealing money. Stealing money is a part of it. When one knows what is expected of him/her in office and diverts that role for selfish gains, that is also corruption. When the fight against corruption becomes polarized or aimed against only a certain persons or group, that also is corruption.

Nigerians are aware of so many allies of PMB who are extremely greedy and corrupt, some of them have even ruined the economies of their various states to their own personal advantage [which is corruption], yet they are not touched and they still move around with the President and shout Corruption!!! Corruption!!! Corruption!!!.

Nigerians would like the fight against corruption to be tagged, 'General Fight Against Corruption all over Nigeria'; and not Selective 'Justice' against a certain group or persons in Nigeria. Again, the so called probe should be general, or at least from 1999 to date, and not centered on one group alone or immediate regime, otherwise, it will not be acceptable.

Nigerians would love to take President Buhari seriously in this fight, but not until they start to see the fight, starting from In-house of his Party and Associates. That way, nobody would cry foul when the hammer lands on him/her.
Re: Corruption Probe: Peace Committee Shocked In Meeting With President Buhari by Truckpusher(m): 1:34pm On Aug 12, 2015
PassingShot:

Listen, on his form purchase, he clearly stated that he took the loan (more like an overdraft) against an expected credit into his account then. So, we won't be able to say how much of the N27 million was the loan.

On his campaign fund, anyone will do well not to see it as "his campaign" but as "APC's campaign" because it was a party business having become their standard bearer. I can't hold brief for APC but we need to sincerely appreciate that the party should be capable of sourcing for funds to execute its campaign programs.

Though anybody is however free to ask questions about where the party sourced for such fund but it will be unpatriotic to want to conclude that APC's states looted their treasuries to run the presidential campaign without having hard evidence to back such claim. It is worse to do that especially when the accusers ignore the clear fact that PDP used our national treasury to execute theirs.

And you also have an evidence to backup your claim that the opposition used our national treasury to execute theirs?
Re: Corruption Probe: Peace Committee Shocked In Meeting With President Buhari by OShepherd: 1:42pm On Aug 12, 2015
1 of d reasons am not in sync wit some of dis so cald MEN of GOD. Dey will never say d truth, dey lie, deceive & commit atrocities behind doors & want peace by diplomatic means. Ask dem, how can U have peace in d absence of justice. So ashamed dat an MOG whose private jet was found stolen Naija funds in foreign currency also in d peace meeting. Doing WHAT? So many innocent soul dying as a result of looted treasury, No roads, No light..........NOTHING! & dey want peace so dat dey can continue 2 oppress d masses wit deir I'll gotten wealth. May Almighty Thunder fire whoever does not want dose thieves return d wealth of dis Nation been used 2 develope other foreign Nations. How I wish Baba can work like Ghadaffi.....
Re: Corruption Probe: Peace Committee Shocked In Meeting With President Buhari by activelyA(f): 1:49pm On Aug 12, 2015
lexy2014:
B4 sahara reported this story, there had been rumours that there were moves to make buhari soft peddal on his anti corruption crusade. i listened to rev. fr. matthew kukah, secretary of d peace committee on tv addressing d press after their meeting with d president and i was dazed with what he said. he said that this is no longer a military regime and that the probe must be done according 2d law. d question i asked myself is so far, how has d present govt gone against d law regarding probing officials of d last administration? again, y is d peace committee so interested in who d president probes and who he doesnt?
The issue is why is pmb hand picking Jonathan's administration Its making his agenda of dealing with corruption seem instigated (we all know Jonathan stepped over some godfathers toes)and very biased! sad
If you want to eliminate corruption, and probe officials, nobody has any problem with that why pick on Jonathan administration ALONE!

We all know CORRUPTION is a chain and therefore started from previous administrations. He should therefore go about probing OBJ's, Abdusalam, Yaradua, even as far back as the military regime. This is because he knows the implications of going far back. Corruption cannot be eliminated if he doesn't start from the root and founding fathers, he should stop cutting the branches and beliving he has left a legacy.

Indeed, lexy2014, there is a right way!
Re: Corruption Probe: Peace Committee Shocked In Meeting With President Buhari by shalomm: 1:50pm On Aug 12, 2015
tucky200:
which pdp are u talking about ? same pdp that being shouting witch hunt ?
Bros what stopped jona from probing his predecessor..u better stop backing up corrupt leaders,if not we would never progress

And is buhari not a corrupt man? "bed of the same feather floocks together".
Re: Corruption Probe: Peace Committee Shocked In Meeting With President Buhari by marvelyole(m): 1:53pm On Aug 12, 2015
DjAndroid:
I am a Jonathan's supporter (not PDP) but whatever means PMB intends to remedy this country, let him go ahead. Are we not tired of the same story everyday?

Let him probe anyone provided the probe will recover stolen funds.
And also the halibuton scandal,obj,atiku,abdusalam,Aisha buhari,tinubu,rotimi amechi,lai Mohammed,udugdan,buhari himself,Adams oshomole,e.t.c
Re: Corruption Probe: Peace Committee Shocked In Meeting With President Buhari by gidjah(m): 2:08pm On Aug 12, 2015
@olatayotemi, I say a BIG amen to ur payers my dear, u cant bleive as an opposite religion to mr president, i say d same prayers daily for him and his true staff.most chrisitians will always make d same prayers for him too, we really do not want him to fail. He must succeed by HIS GRACE
olatemitayo:
Dear God, please protect and uphold GMB. Let him not be drowned by those who instead of repenting and restituting, are busy devising means to escape the consequences of the grave ills they have done to our country Nigeria and her great citizens. Confuse their language and set them in disarray... Amen!
Re: Corruption Probe: Peace Committee Shocked In Meeting With President Buhari by Alexander001(m): 2:20pm On Aug 12, 2015
madueke $6billion?? she fit drop nuclear bomb on top white house if she get mind steal this amount of money.. she rich pass adenuga.
Re: Corruption Probe: Peace Committee Shocked In Meeting With President Buhari by Nobody: 2:25pm On Aug 12, 2015
General Buhari, I just want to encourage you not to forget the Nigerians that voted you in to stamp out corruption! Please remain steadfast and deliver justice for Nigeria and Nigerians alike! For the love of country!! Probe, prosecute, and recover our common wealth! And jail whoever is found culpable
Re: Corruption Probe: Peace Committee Shocked In Meeting With President Buhari by DrWillie(m): 2:28pm On Aug 12, 2015
Pierocash:

Asari bragged and ranted than u did, today he is dumb cos everybody knows this government is nt smiling.
If u have any evidence that Obj, Tinubu, and PMB stole tender it to EFCC.If obj stole why didn't Jonathan probe him,and why didn't he expose him evn when obj accused him of corruption, that makes Jonathan evn more dumb and clueless.PMB is nt clueless, so he is doing d needful by preparing a prison for all d goats that ate all our yams, and Jonathan Is d chief he-goat.They wil jail him, or he refunds every loot and plead for leniency nothing short of that.
d Wailers can keep wailing it doesn't change d price of recharge card.

Re u listening to urself? Jonathan is guilty without eveidence just because PMB is shouting corruption corruption...but OBJ, PMB are free even without evidence. U re filled with hate for GEJ due to what his political opponents said even without evidence u want to nail him. Lemme tell u wat u don't know. GEJ bite more than he can chew by stopping ppl like OBJ and all d thieves in this country thats y they made sure he left. If PMB is wise he will just strengthen the institutions and let dem do their jobs. I will repeat incase u don't understand GEJ will not be in jail from PMB he knows too well to try that rubbish. What GEJ might be asking for is for his boys not himself. GEJ is immune..u can blive wat u want but thats d truth.
Re: Corruption Probe: Peace Committee Shocked In Meeting With President Buhari by fckmn24seg(m): 2:33pm On Aug 12, 2015
merry02:
so buhari is now Efcc,icpc that probes?excuse me pls!he's only covering his co ex-military thieves

Was there any petition or court injuction? Against Abacha? If so PMB is right NO PROVEN CASE
Re: Corruption Probe: Peace Committee Shocked In Meeting With President Buhari by awa(m): 2:41pm On Aug 12, 2015
PMB should go ahead and probe Jonathan. Stop soliciting for unnecessary public recognition. You are not serious with your so called war against corruption. Stop fooling Nigerians and do your work if you and most of your party members are clean in the first place.
Buhari and APC are just looking for excuses to abandon their so called anti corruption war. If APC and Buhari are as clean as they want us to believe let them probe Jonathan. Enough of this rubbish and attention seeking.
Re: Corruption Probe: Peace Committee Shocked In Meeting With President Buhari by Nobody: 2:43pm On Aug 12, 2015
tucky200:
which pdp are u talking about ? same pdp that being shouting witch hunt ?
Bros what stopped jona from probing his predecessor..u better stop backing up corrupt leaders,if not we would never progress

what nonsense is d dullard leader n his follower saying GEJ has long told buhari to go ahead with d probe. Us buhari scared
Re: Corruption Probe: Peace Committee Shocked In Meeting With President Buhari by millhouse: 2:53pm On Aug 12, 2015
YEP

hinwazaka:
This is a huge setback for the ACN members of the Pro-PMB army. Let's look at the facts.
* The APC were refused assistance by the Democrat Executive US government who have started cutting their losses
* The APC government were refused military assistance in terms of trade in arms and ammunition due to the terms of the Leahy act
* The Republican controlled house committee on oversight and reform two weeks later paid the president a visit and promised a look into reviewing the leahy act in relation to Nigeria
* A day after that Mr Ibe was made the GMD of NNPC
* A week later, rumors of a meeting between the president and his predecessor was reported
* Soyinka has started singing a different tune of the President's culpability in the supposed corruption scandals
* The media has been awashed with a unscheduled meeting between the President and Gen Obasanjo
* OBJ has started looking desperate in his frantic recent moves
* The fuel crisis has started to
abate
This rundown of events point towards a sort of compromise being forced down the President's throat. It's apparent that PMB has lost his major foreign supporters and so is looking for new alliances. If the reports of overtures being made are true, then the biggest losers in this new deal will be
* Tinubu
* Oyinlola
* Fashola
* Akande
* OBJ
* ACN faction, members, supporters and home region
* And eventually PMB
Re: Corruption Probe: Peace Committee Shocked In Meeting With President Buhari by Pierocash(m): 2:59pm On Aug 12, 2015
DrWillie:

Re u listening to urself? Jonathan is guilty without eveidence just because PMB is shouting corruption corruption...but OBJ, PMB are free even without evidence. U re filled with hate for GEJ due to what his political opponents said even without evidence u want to nail him. Lemme tell u wat u don't know. GEJ bite more than he can chew by stopping ppl like OBJ and all d thieves in this country thats y they made sure he left. If PMB is wise he will just strengthen the institutions and let dem do their jobs. I will repeat incase u don't understand GEJ will not be in jail from PMB he knows too well to try that rubbish. What GEJ might be asking for is for his boys not himself. GEJ is immune..u can blive wat u want but thats d truth.
It's so unfortunate Hw some Wailers try to hold brief for this clueless and most corrupt administration of Jonathan even with all d evidences rolling in.
why is he running around pleading for mercy? u said his boys? hahaha! bro u funny o.
u may even surprise that at d end of d investigation u wil realise that he looted by proxy that is why he is running to abdusalami peace commitee intervention.be open minded, be honest with ur yourself, if BUHARI happens to be d one surrounded by all d controversy that Jonathan is involve in, wil u be saying this? be truthful and stand for d truth, I say it again, Jonathan and his cronies are big time rogues that ought to be crucified.
Re: Corruption Probe: Peace Committee Shocked In Meeting With President Buhari by InvertedHammer: 3:01pm On Aug 12, 2015
/
Any fund recovered is better than nothing.

Witch-hunting or not, no looter has the right to keep his/her loot.

One cannot claim witch-hunting in what is not his/her own in the first instance.

\

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corruption Probe: Peace Committee Shocked In Meeting With President Buhari by Nobody: 3:16pm On Aug 12, 2015
ymomoh:
YOU SPEAK AS A FOOOOOL...

it takes a king fool to know one
Re: Corruption Probe: Peace Committee Shocked In Meeting With President Buhari by azzima(m): 3:30pm On Aug 12, 2015
Just looting EVERY WHERE! !!!!!This Drunkard almost turned Nigeria to Haiti.PROBE ALL THESE BASTARDS!!!You see their children flashing dollars and Lamborghini on Facebook and bagging first class in prestigious universities around the world while most WAILERS are still jobless.
Re: Corruption Probe: Peace Committee Shocked In Meeting With President Buhari by Amucha: 3:43pm On Aug 12, 2015
Dotng:
Corruption Probe: Peace Committee Shocked In Meeting With President Buhari

Former military head of state Lieutenant General Abdulsalam Abubakar (rtd) and other members of the National Peace Committee for the 2015 general elections were rattled by the stubborn posture and utterance of President Muhammadu Buhari during a meeting with him earlier today. Mr. Abubakar had led members of the so-called Peace Committee in yet another mission to plead with Mr. Buhari not to probe the administration of former President Goodluck Jonathan.

However, several participants at today’s meeting told SaharaReporters that the president remained obstinate and made no secret of his determination to proceed with the probe.

SaharaReporters learnt that today’s meeting was a stepped up version of previous failed attempts to sway Mr. Buhari from his determination to probe acts of corruption by officials of Mr. Jonathan’s administration. SaharaReporters had revealed that former Commonwealth Secretary General Emeka Anyaoku visited President Buhari to press the case for letting bygone be bygone shortly before the latter’s departure for an official visit to the US. Our sources had disclosed that Mr. Anyaoku had undertaken his mission to the president at the behest of Mr. Jonathan.

During Mr. Buhari’s US visit, American officials handed him dossiers that detailed billion dollar thefts perpetrated by key officials of the Jonathan administration. Members of Mr. Buhari’s delegation during his US trip disclosed that the extent of the looting left the Nigerian president angry, and strengthened his determination to unearth the widespread embezzlement of Nigeria’s funds.

Governor Adams Oshiomhole of Edo State, who was on the presidential delegation at a meeting with US Attorney General Loretta Lynch, later told Nigerians that US officials revealed that one of Mr. Jonathan’s ministers, whom he did not name, stole as much as $6 billion. Even though Mr. Oshiomhole did not disclose the name of the concerned minister, checks by SaharaReporters revealed that the rapacious former minister is Diezani Alison-Madueke who held the portfolio of Petroleum for most of Mr. Jonathan’s tenure. Ms. Alison-Madueke is currently in London.

After Mr. Buhari’s return from the US, President Jonathan stepped up maneuvers to talk him into discontinuing the probe of his administration.

A source close to the former president told SaharaReporters that Mr. Buhari’s pronouncements that his government would probe his predecessor had contributed to a major health crisis that beset former First Lady Patience Jonathan. “Madam [Mrs. Jonathan] has been suffering from serious depression,” according to the source. Ms. Alison-Madueke has also had a share of ill health apparently triggered by being the focus of global attention for symbolizing the pervasive corruption of the past administration. A source close to her in the UK stated that she collapsed in her posh apartment in London due to “exhaustion” and had to be hospitalized for two days.

Last week, former President Jonathan reached out to former military head of state, Abdulsalam Abubakar, and urged him to arrange a one-on-one meeting with Mr. Buhari to discuss his concerns. President Buhari agreed to a secret meeting with the former president last Thursday in the dead of the night. A source familiar with the meeting told SaharaReporters that Mr. Jonathan appeared jittery at the meeting and was unable to articulate the case against probing his government. Instead, the former president reportedly asked mundane questions about how Buhari was coping with governing the country and offered to help in any way.

The meeting was over in less than 30 minutes.

Meanwhile, former President Olusegun Obasanjo was so incensed on hearing about Mr. Buhari’s meeting with Mr. Jonathan that he called at the Presidential Villa 24 hours later to meet with Mr. Buhari behind closed doors.

A source at the Presidency revealed that Mr. Obasanjo, whose record of corruption as president was equally monumental, urged Mr. Buhari to send former President Jonathan to jail.

Another source stated that Mr. Obasanjo volunteered to use his international contacts to help trace the funds stolen during Mr. Jonathan’s administration, adding that much of the funds were laundered through arms deals as well as shady oil sales and swaps.

On learning of former President Obasanjo’s ominous mission to Aso Rock, Mr. Jonathan reportedly contacted General Abubakar (rtd) again, this time pleading with the retired general to intercede with Mr. Buhari.

Today, Mr. Abubakar and fellow members of the National Peace Committee first met with President Buhari in a closed-door session before appearing before the media. A member of the committee revealed that their team first told President Buhari that they had come to discuss how to “wind up” and to check if there was a new national assignment they could undertake.

The source also revealed that, even though the committee did not mention former President Jonathan by name during their interaction with Mr. Buhari, the committee members cautioned against leaving the impression that the government was targeting “anybody.” They also appealed to Mr. Buhari to tarry a little before deciding on probing anybody.

A source at the Presidency stated that Mr. Buhari was well aware of the committee’s secret mission, hence his decision to speak forthrightly in response. Among the committee’s members is a controversial President of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), Ayo Oritsejafor, a loyalist of Mr. Jonathan’s. His private jet was involved in an arms deal scandal after South African authorities discovered, and confiscated, $9.3 million in cash inside the aircraft. The Jonathan administration then stated that the funds were meant for the purchase of arms to prosecute the war against Islamist insurgents, Boko Haram.

Officials of the Buhari administration disclosed that the Presidency had already identified and was investigating acts of corruption involving former National Security Adviser, Colonel Sambo Dasuki (rtd) and former Petroleum Minister, Alison-Madueke. In addition, our sources said the new administration was pursuing leads about huge corrupt deals involving former First Lady, Patience Jonathan, former Attorney general, Mohammaed Bello Adoke, the Amnesty Office, the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC), and the Federal Capital Territory. In one instance, more than $1 million dollars in cash was found at the residence of Gordon Obuah, a former Chief Security Officer to Mr. Jonathan.

“We are also looking at properties purchased in Ghana, Dubai, UK and US by various officials of the immediate past administration,” one source disclosed.

He added that one of the biggest means of money laundering was the reckless purchase of private jets by former cohorts of Mr. Jonathan.

At the end of the meeting yesterday, President Buhari made it clear to members of the committee that his government would soon commence trial of Nigerian treasury looters.

http://saharareporters.com/2015/08/11/corruption-probe-peace-committee-shocked-meeting-president-buhari

too many talks, start abeg. Buhari this and that. let us see one person in jail
Re: Corruption Probe: Peace Committee Shocked In Meeting With President Buhari by ejohnny39(m): 3:46pm On Aug 12, 2015
DjAndroid:
I am a Jonathan's supporter (not PDP) but whatever means PMB intends to remedy this country, let him go ahead. Are we not tired of the same story everyday?

Let him probe anyone provided the probe will recover stolen funds.
you are a good citizen of this country i admire you
Re: Corruption Probe: Peace Committee Shocked In Meeting With President Buhari by gargoyle: 3:56pm On Aug 12, 2015
I am not an avid supporter of any political party or person. What concerns me most is Justice. Justice must be done to all Nigerians rendered poor and helpless by corrupt and greedy Politicians who see political offices as affront to massive looting.

However, going by some of the comments here, its obvious that certain Nigerians, out of their hatred for PMB are sentimental about who deserves to be probed. This is very wrong and should be discouraged. A wise Nigerian (youths especially) should be ready to pray for and support this present administration in the fight against corruption. Please my fellow youths, don't become stupid and senseless e-warriors on behalf of any politician or party. They are all the same and seem not to care about the welfare of you and I.

That being said, I believe that anybody soliciting for the cancellation of all ongoing corruption probes is either sick in the head, a chronic thief or is under a supernatural curse. They are the real enemies of the Nigerian state.
Re: Corruption Probe: Peace Committee Shocked In Meeting With President Buhari by Ivoryd1: 4:01pm On Aug 12, 2015
I pray for PMB øøø...
May God grant him d strength n courage to stand by his war on corruption...
I'm beginning to dislike dis general abdulsalam...he is causing too much confusion...
For all you haters of PMB...see if d president does well, it's d citizens d@ will enjoy it n vice versa....
Diz war on corruption is not an easy tin....we should even be happie diz looted funds r on there way to being recovered...
For those saying he should probe obasanjo,IBB etc.....look he must start from somewhere....n it's easier probing d immediate past dan past past....
There's no time for him to probe all d past leaders...if he must do d@ , then development will be put on hold for years until all corrupt cases are cleared....I'm sure u don't want d@....so let's pray he doesn't get distracted by all diz gen. Abdulsalam n co.....
So even if u must criticize ....do it constructively and with sense and not wit hatred or sentiments..... Good day to y'all.
Re: Corruption Probe: Peace Committee Shocked In Meeting With President Buhari by lexy2014: 4:32pm On Aug 12, 2015
activelyA:

The issue is why is pmb hand picking Jonathan's administration Its making his agenda of dealing with corruption seem instigated (we all know Jonathan stepped over some godfathers toes)and very biased! sad
If you want to eliminate corruption, and probe officials, nobody has any problem with that why pick on Jonathan administration ALONE!

We all know CORRUPTION is a chain and therefore started from previous administrations. He should therefore go about probing OBJ's, Abdusalam, Yaradua, even as far back as the military regime. This is because he knows the implications of going far back. Corruption cannot be eliminated if he doesn't start from the root and founding fathers, he should stop cutting the branches and beliving he has left a legacy.

Indeed, lexy2014, there is a right way!
I agree with u that pre-jonathan administrations were very corrupt. but i will also agree with d school thought that feel that beginning from d immediate past administration is d way 2go. even if buhari would want 2 probe administrations b4 jonathans, it makes sense and its much easier starting from d guy who handed over to him especially when u consider d volume of informatiion required 4d exercise. if the officials in d previous administration didnt steal money, then they have nothing 2 fear. but when u c people running from pillar to post trying 2 get buharis attention because of probe, then u are forced 2 wonder if they are innocent afterall. going forward, it will b important 4d president 2 strengthen d criminal justice system; d judiciary, d police, EFCC and co, so that they perform their statutory functions without d influence of any big man. for instance, d FBI can investigate and prosecute anybody irrespective of status even d president of d US. if d police can b reformed, PURGED, strengthened and made independent, my dear, it will b bye bye 2 big manism in nigeria. this is d right way

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

PDP Reacts As Buhari Says Snatch Ballot Box, Pay With Your Life / Obasanjo Drums Support For Igbo Presidency In 2019 / Hausa And Yoruba Clash In Ibaban. One Dies As Hausa Man Hits Him With Charm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.