Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,899 members, 7,814,038 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:58 AM

Gbajabiamila Replies Tambuwal: I've Moved On - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gbajabiamila Replies Tambuwal: I've Moved On (988 Views)

I Have Moved On' - Dino Melaye Tells Remi Tinubu / Dogara Has Declared War Against Buhari, Party, Says Pro-gbajabiamila Group / Gbajabiamila Replies Tambuwal, Says, “i’ve Moved On” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gbajabiamila Replies Tambuwal: I've Moved On by Trailblazer1(m): 9:42am On Aug 12, 2015
The Majority of Leader of the House of Representatives, Femi Gbajabiamila, has replied the governor of Sokoto State, Aminu Tambuwal, over his admission that he worked for the emergence of the current Speaker, Yakubu Dogara, against his bid for the office.
Messrs Dogara and Gbajabiamila jostled for the position of Speaker of the 8th Assembly, which the former won despite stiff opposition from the leadership of the All Progressives Congress (APC) and the party’s power brokers.
Mr. Tambuwal, who is the immediate past Speaker, said on Sunday that although he had strong affinity with Mr. Gbajabiamila, he, alongside seven other principal officers of the last Assembly, opted for Mr. Dogara.
Mr. Gbajabiamila’s response was contained in a short message to our correspondent after his reaction was sought.
“Alhaji Tambuwal has spoken,” he said. “For me I have moved on and I can only wish him the best in his future undertakings. I guess Alhaji Tambuwal has finally spoken.”
Many had expected Mr. Tambuwal to support Mr. Gbajabiamila’s bid given the Lagos lawmaker’s role in his emergence as Speaker of the 7th Assembly. But ironically, he supported Mr. Dogara who opposed his ambition to become Speaker in 2011.
Representative Aliyu Madaki, a staunch supporter of Mr. Gbajabiamila, said it was surprising that Mr. Tambuwal could publicly oppose the Lagos lawmaker.
Mr. Tambuwal had spoken about his role in the emergence of Mr. Dogara when leaders of Sayawa Community of Bogoro and Tafawa Balewa Local Government Areas of Bauchi State paid him a “thank you” visit to show appreciation to him for supporting their kinsman to become speaker.
He had said, “The survival of the legislature as an important arm of government made it imperative that competent hands are headhunted to be its leaders.
“Eight out of ten members of the Body of Principal Officers in the last Assembly supported Dogara’s aspiration,” he said. “Only Hon Femi (Gbajabiamila) and Hon Datti Ahmad supported Femi.
“I have strong affinity with Hon Femi. He was closer to me than Dogara. But when talking about leadership and collective decisions, sentiments have to be put aside. I’m not here to tell you that my support made Dogara the Speaker, no. Two things made Dogara to become the Speaker, one is God and two, Dogara’s competence.”
He continued, “The acknowledgement of Dogara’s competence did not start with me. It started from the time of Hon Patricia and Etteh and Hon Dimeji Bankole when they entrusted him with a sensitive position of the Chairman of House Services Committee.
“The committee is one of the most sensitive in the legislature. Apart from taking care of the welfare of members, the committee oversees all procurement processes. As the Speaker, I only did what my predecessors did by giving Dogara this sensitive position.
“No person, as far as I know, has ever served as chairman of the House Services committee in two dispensations. Dogara broke that jinx. All through my tenure, I brought Dogara close to me because I found in him a person who is competent, accommodating, and with capacity to lead.
“Anyone doubting Dogara’s ability to lead, should ask members of the 7th Assembly how he handled their matter. So we supported Dogara not for any reason but because he was competent to deliver on any task given to him.”
.http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/188234-gbajabiamila-replies-tambuwal-says-ive-moved-on.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: Gbajabiamila Replies Tambuwal: I've Moved On by Ezenwammadu(m): 9:47am On Aug 12, 2015
Re: Gbajabiamila Replies Tambuwal: I've Moved On by boujaye: 9:47am On Aug 12, 2015
No, he shouldn't move on, because the position of speaker is his birth right

1 Like

Re: Gbajabiamila Replies Tambuwal: I've Moved On by Trailblazer1(m): 9:49am On Aug 12, 2015
undecided
Re: Gbajabiamila Replies Tambuwal: I've Moved On by Trailblazer1(m): 10:13am On Aug 12, 2015
undecided
boujaye:
No, he shouldn't move on, because the position of speaker is his bet right

2 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Replies Tambuwal: I've Moved On by hakeem4(m): 10:18am On Aug 12, 2015
Moral lesson ?

1 Like

Re: Gbajabiamila Replies Tambuwal: I've Moved On by yang(m): 10:36am On Aug 12, 2015
Use and dump

1 Like

Re: Gbajabiamila Replies Tambuwal: I've Moved On by Mogidi: 10:54am On Aug 12, 2015
Many had expected Mr. Tambuwal to support Mr. Gbajabiamila’s bid given the Lagos lawmaker’s role in his emergence as Speaker of the 7th Assembly. But ironically, he supported Mr. Dogara who opposed his ambition to become Speaker in 2011.
Re: Gbajabiamila Replies Tambuwal: I've Moved On by Nobody: 10:57am On Aug 12, 2015
nice reply. u got sense gbaja
Re: Gbajabiamila Replies Tambuwal: I've Moved On by fashoo2010(m): 10:58am On Aug 12, 2015
He better move on... He was celebrating then when he and his cohort deny His own sister d speakership position and support a northerner, Northerner nw turn their back at u... Mukaila suppose be speaker, she ended up being ML, Gbaja also suppose be speaker, He ended up being ML...

Blood is thicker than water...never betray ur sister/brother..
Re: Gbajabiamila Replies Tambuwal: I've Moved On by Ayameze2015(m): 10:59am On Aug 12, 2015
*drags chair and sit in other to watch they FemiTambuwal guagmire*
Re: Gbajabiamila Replies Tambuwal: I've Moved On by kaypound(m): 11:02am On Aug 12, 2015
very matured answer....by femi.
History will judge Tambawal as a man that can't be trusted and no one should go an extra mile for or bank on for support. It will hunt him....in his political career in the nearest future except he stays off politics.
He will also need people as no one is an island....then his actions will play out in his face that he once used someone for his own gains. kama is bitch

1 Like

Re: Gbajabiamila Replies Tambuwal: I've Moved On by edo3(m): 11:07am On Aug 12, 2015
Make i book land 4 banana island.
Re: Gbajabiamila Replies Tambuwal: I've Moved On by ULSHERLAN(m): 11:19am On Aug 12, 2015
boujaye:
No, he shouldn't move on, because the position of speaker is his bet right
grin

2 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Replies Tambuwal: I've Moved On by kaypound(m): 11:23am On Aug 12, 2015
fashoo2010:
He better move on... He was celebrating then when he and his cohort deny His own sister d speakership position and support a northerner, Northerner nw turn their back at u... Mukaila suppose be speaker, she ended up being ML, Gbaja also suppose be speaker, He ended up being ML...

Blood is thicker than water...never betray ur sister/brother..
i agree with you but ACN was trying to reduce Obansanjo and PDP strenght in Ogun state. Mulikat was from Ogun and she was PDP and she would have used her FG influence to disturbed ACN plans in Ogun state. so they prefered Tambawal knowing that he was far away in sokoto and influence was reduced and also striking a deal with them that he would recongnise them(minority) in the house...in which eventually he decamped.
For tambawal to betray Femi was just uncalled for upon all femi and co did for him when he had troubles in the house....Tambawal had nothing at stake because he was already governor and could have easily supported femi. This move one day will smile tambawal in the face because he would definately need the SW one day for any of his future ambitions..either in senate, party or presidency. it will definately still come around.

1 Like

Re: Gbajabiamila Replies Tambuwal: I've Moved On by boujaye: 11:43am On Aug 12, 2015
ULSHERLAN:

grin

chei, u self correct am for me. birth right grin

(1) (Reply)

Incredible: Man Chops Off Pastor's Head / Kaduna Senator buys army recruitment forms for 190 youth / Check Out This Real Pothole In The Shape Of Map Of Africa.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.