Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

Again Addax Oil Discovers Crude In Imo State, This Time In Oru East - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Again Addax Oil Discovers Crude In Imo State, This Time In Oru East (7176 Views)

Senator Chris Anyanwu Disgraced Today At 'oru Owerri' / Six Die While Scooping Crude In Kaduna / What Will Happen To Nigeria Crude In 2035? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Again Addax Oil Discovers Crude In Imo State, This Time In Oru East by Afaukwu: 6:06pm On Mar 23, 2009
Addax Oil discovers crude in Oru East, Imo State
By Uche Nwosu, Correspondent, Owerri

Addax Petroleum Development Nigeria Limited, an oil prospecting company in Nigeria, has discovered crude oil in commercial quantity in Oru East Local Government area of Imo State.

This was disclosed to government officials at the Government House, Owerri, when the chief executive of the company, Mr. Vance Querio, and his management team paid a courtesy call on Governor Ikedi Ohakim.

Querio said the company would soon begin exploration activities in the community, where the crude was discovered.

He however lamented that the insecurity in Niger Delta region has reduced prospecting and exploration of oil in the country, prompting a heavy decline of revenue of both the company and the nation.

His word: "Very important to us is the security of our operations, peace and harmony in the community where we operate as we all know that hundreds of thousands of barrels of oil are not being produced everyday at various parts of Niger Delta and other regions, largely as a result militancy, piracy and violence of one form or the other."

While acknowledging that the company enjoys excellent relationship, peace and harmony with oil communities and people of Imo State, Querio disclosed that since there was a great deal of prosperity for his company in the state, Addax would not fail to sustain the relationship with a view to making all stakeholders - oil communities, government and Addax enjoy the benefits of exploring oil in the state.

He described the new discovery as very good as that of Izombe in Egbema, pointing out that since 1975 when Izombe field was discovered and exploration began, the company has not been disappointed in the black gold that has been coming out from there.

He hoped that Addax would continue to enjoy exploration business for the next 25 or more years. He lamented that the price of oil in the international market has dropped from $155 to about $50.

Responding, the Deputy Governor, Ada Okwuonu, who represented Governor Ikedi Ohakim, described the state as a peaceful and harmonious one for any investor to enjoy, adding that because of the facilities laid on ground, ugly incidents such as militancy, robbery and other forms of insecurity are now alien to the state.

The governor therefore requested the oil company and other oil companies in the state not to abandon their responsibilities of catering for their host communities, stressing that often violence
Re: Again Addax Oil Discovers Crude In Imo State, This Time In Oru East by ow11(m): 6:24pm On Mar 23, 2009
I think there is more oil to be found in the Anambra basin. The area has everything except maybe exploration efforts. In the future when Nigeria is more organised, intensive exploration will take place in the entire stretch of the Benue trough including the much maligned Chad basin.
Re: Again Addax Oil Discovers Crude In Imo State, This Time In Oru East by Abagworo(m): 10:19pm On Mar 23, 2009
Nigerians should stop their grand cover up.oil was 1st discovered in imo state.we always knew that our area which encompasses the proposed njaba or orashi state is actually full of oil.from ihiala to ohaji to oguta to akokwa.the orashi river and njaba river have their source here and dissects the region into 3.@ow11 that place is not anambra river basin.its closer to orashi and river niger and their has always been oil there.in my town,there are at least 45 oil wells.
Re: Again Addax Oil Discovers Crude In Imo State, This Time In Oru East by asha80(m): 10:21pm On Mar 23, 2009
I am not sure whether be happy with this discovery. undecided
Re: Again Addax Oil Discovers Crude In Imo State, This Time In Oru East by Strength10: 10:38pm On Mar 23, 2009
Igboland has always had plenty of oil for a long time especially Anambra, imo and Abia. The problems they have had is lack of exploration and diversion of resources and technology to other areas by the Northern military government to avoid enriching igbos too much as they feared too much riches will lead to another Biafra, uprising or somethin. Also, my granfather told me that the igwes were also concerned about environmental degradation and destruction by both the federal government and oil companies. Now is probably the best time to explore because we now atleast have a little more independent minded governors with more credibiity than ever before. This will also generate needed injuries in the southeast i guess. When the onitsha port which is now being revitalized after years of negect starts functioning again, it shoud make trade even easier for everyone.
This is good news for the Southeast and All nigerians as riches generated in one section of the country eventully trickles to other parts.
Re: Again Addax Oil Discovers Crude In Imo State, This Time In Oru East by ow11(m): 10:40pm On Mar 23, 2009
Abagworo:

@ow11 that place is not anambra river basin.its closer to orashi and river niger and their has always been oil there.in my town,there are at least 45 oil wells.

Ermmm, yes it is the Anambra basin or Lower Benue trough. Whichever name you fancy. A sedimentary basin has nothing to do with current rivers as they exist today.
Re: Again Addax Oil Discovers Crude In Imo State, This Time In Oru East by yarodin: 10:40pm On Mar 23, 2009
So what if Oil was found in Imo state, what difference will it make in Nigeria?  Is it not the same ol elite that will continue to enjoy?  Now some poor people will be booted out of the lands without any kind of compensations.
Re: Again Addax Oil Discovers Crude In Imo State, This Time In Oru East by oderemo(m): 10:44pm On Mar 23, 2009
booted out of the lands

that is too friendly, more like shot in the head. oil , what good arth thou.
Re: Again Addax Oil Discovers Crude In Imo State, This Time In Oru East by Strength10: 11:01pm On Mar 23, 2009
I think the booting and looting maybe minimal  this time because these leaders are now smart and can learn from the mistakes made in Niger Delta. If they make the same mistake, they are selling their lives because Igbos do not take concessions and will not allow elite losers trample on them. It will be all out war, so i hope the governmors of those states invest wisely for the interest of their people and nigerians as a whole
Re: Again Addax Oil Discovers Crude In Imo State, This Time In Oru East by oderemo(m): 11:06pm On Mar 23, 2009
will not allow elite losers trampe on them

i.e kalu orji. and others. oh i forgot what of present imo wahala.
Re: Again Addax Oil Discovers Crude In Imo State, This Time In Oru East by asha80(m): 11:09pm On Mar 23, 2009
i.e kalu orji. and others. oh i forgot what of present imo wahala.

Land issues in igboland is a differrent thing alltogether.Trust me i know.
Re: Again Addax Oil Discovers Crude In Imo State, This Time In Oru East by yarodin: 11:11pm On Mar 23, 2009
Strength10:

I think the booting and looting maybe minimal  this time because these leaders are now smart and can learn from the mistakes made in Niger Delta. If they make the same mistake, they are selling their lives because Igbos do not take concessions and will not allow elite losers trample on them. It will be all out war, so i hope the governmors of those states invest wisely for the interest of their people and nigerians as a whole

And lets our beloved Igbo governors decide to do mago mago, who are these Igbo people that will stand up to fight for our rights?  I tell you, most Igbos will be in line to do the bidings of those in charge so that they can chop their own too.  Everybody in Nigeria is infected with the "I must get rich by all means" disease.  More oil means more chop money for the elites and their cronnies.  Don't be surprise to see heavy mallams moving in with their foot soldiers to secure their oil fields.
Re: Again Addax Oil Discovers Crude In Imo State, This Time In Oru East by oderemo(m): 11:43pm On Mar 23, 2009
Trust me i know

well who knows it feel it. we shall see. dont say you are not warned though.
Re: Again Addax Oil Discovers Crude In Imo State, This Time In Oru East by Dede1(m): 8:19am On Mar 24, 2009
I detest all these current waves of crude oil discoveries in Imo State. Look pal, last thing I would want to see today is crude oil resources from Igboland used to develop places like Lagos or Abuja.

I would really want the crude oil exploration to stop henceforth in Igboland. As people, we do not need the crude oil resources to survive and would not want the disasters that follow crude oil operations.

We have driven Shell D’arcy out Owerri during pre-Independence Nigeria and it pains me to feel slight insinuation that Ndigbo are happy about this current development in crude oil exploration in Nigeria.
Re: Again Addax Oil Discovers Crude In Imo State, This Time In Oru East by Nobody: 8:42am On Mar 24, 2009
It has turned to tribal shit again. We are soo funny, hateful and lovely too.

Dede1:

I detest all these current waves of crude oil discoveries in Imo State. Look pal, last thing I would want to see today is crude oil resources from Igboland used to develop places like Lagos or Abuja.

I would really want the crude oil exploration to stop henceforth in Igboland. As people, we do not need the crude oil resources to survive and would not want the disasters that follow crude oil operations.

We have driven Shell D’arcy out Owerri during pre-Independence Nigeria and it pains me to feel slight insinuation that Ndigbo are happy about this current development in crude oil exploration in Nigeria.

But Niger Delta has been funding 80% of the budget of Nigeria which Igbo people also enjoy. Let them start drilling jare!!
Re: Again Addax Oil Discovers Crude In Imo State, This Time In Oru East by Dede1(m): 9:29am On Mar 24, 2009
9jaganja:

It has turned to tribal shit again. We are soo funny, hateful and lovely too.

But Niger Delta has been funding 80% of the budget of Nigeria which Igbo people also enjoy. Let them start drilling jare!!

I suggest this nincompoop gets his/her facts corrected. The so-called Niger Delta is an idiotic misnomer. If you were you refereeing to Benue-Imo-Niger-Orashi delta, we may talk about figures other than that, I have concluded you are a fool.

By the way, the people of Igbo stock have never depended on the crude oil for survival and would not the turn corner now. Besides, the crude oil revenue that is sourced from Abia, Imo and Anambra is enough to see entire Igboland to a considerable and booming progress.
Re: Again Addax Oil Discovers Crude In Imo State, This Time In Oru East by Nobody: 9:42am On Mar 24, 2009
Dede1:

I suggest this nincompoop gets his/her facts corrected. The so-called Niger Delta is an idiotic misnomer. If you were you refereeing to Benue-Imo-Niger-Orashi delta, we may talk about figures other than that, I have concluded you are a fool.

By the way, the people of Igbo stock have never depended on the crude oil for survival and would not the turn corner now. Besides, the crude oil revenue that is sourced from Abia, Imo and Anambra is enough to see entire Igboland to a considerable and booming progress.   

Here we go again. But for now, the Igbos still get revenue allocations that are funded by the Niger Delta take it or leave it. Ogoni people are not Igbo, Itsekiri people are not Igbo, Ijaw people are not Igbo, Ikweres might be Igbo but hey Urhobo people are not Igbo. The fact that there are Igbo in part of Delta doesn't mean all of Delta is Igbo land. Efik are not Igbo. We get oil from these people and please appreciate the revenue they have created for Nigeria including the Igbo people. Your saying that you don't want Oil revenue gotten from Igboland to be used to develop Abuja and Lagos is simply low on intellectual capabilty. But Oil gotten from other Lands has been used for budget funding in Igbo land. I'm enjoying your Vocab though keep calling me those words, they ain't stick and stones.
Re: Again Addax Oil Discovers Crude In Imo State, This Time In Oru East by Dede1(m): 10:06am On Mar 24, 2009
9jaganja:

Here we go again. But for now, the Igbos still get revenue allocations that are funded by the Niger Delta take it or leave it. Ogoni people are not Igbo, Itsekiri people are not Igbo, Ijaw people are not Igbo, Ikweres might be Igbo but hey Urhobo people are not Igbo. The fact that there are Igbo in part of Delta doesn't mean all of Delta is Igbo land. Efik are not Igbo. We get oil from these people and please appreciate the revenue they have created for Nigeria including the Igbo people. Your saying that you don't want Oil revenue gotten from Igboland to be used to develop Abuja and Lagos is simply low on intellectual capabilty. But Oil gotten from other Lands has been used for budget funding in Igbo land. I'm enjoying your Vocab though keep calling me those words, they ain't stick and stones.

I think there is a comprehension issue here or lack thereof. I am of the view that Ndigbo do not give rat-ass about crude oil produced in ethnic domains you have you enumerated. I insist that if left alone with revenue generated by crude oil wells in Abia, Anambra and Imo States, the entire Igboland would have seen more economic progress than what is obtained presently. Again, Igboland does not need revenue from any ethnic group to survive rather Ndigbo had contributed immensely to revenue that supports cesspit called Nigeria to the detriment of Ndigbo.
Re: Again Addax Oil Discovers Crude In Imo State, This Time In Oru East by Abagworo(m): 10:18am On Mar 24, 2009
Tribal remarks seem to be part of what makes nigeria.i have therefore been forced to make several in self defence.oil is the 2nd thing that makes nigeria,the 3rd is common hatred/envy for ibos.if we look at nigerias oil from ethnic point of view,igbos are contributing more than most people might believe.ndokwa lga in delta,ohaji,egbema,oguta,oru east,oru west,njaba in imo state,ukwa east,ukwa west in abia,ukanafon in akwaibom state,obio/akpo,phc,ikwerre,emohua,etche,omuma,ogba,egbema,ndoni,ahoada,oyigbo in rivers state.

Ogba,egbema,ndoni in rivers produces the most onshore oil in nigeria.

As a geo-political zone,south-east contributes less due to careful removal of oil producing areas after the civil war leaving only oguta in imo state.
Re: Again Addax Oil Discovers Crude In Imo State, This Time In Oru East by labaks(f): 10:42am On Mar 24, 2009
my name is labaks,i just registered with nairaland yesterday.in reply to what you posted,i think you should advise the lady to follow her heart i.e she should accept the proposal of whoever she truly loves and if she does not love any of them,she should let them know[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Again Addax Oil Discovers Crude In Imo State, This Time In Oru East by Nobody: 8:31pm On Mar 24, 2009
@DEDE1
If that is so, it'll be better for the Igbo business men to invest in hugely in the states where oil is found. I highly think Niger Delta will repeat itself if shell and other big names get involved first.

@Abagworo
No one envy the Igbo people. If there is anyone to envy it should be the Hausas who contribute 1% and get 65%.
Re: Again Addax Oil Discovers Crude In Imo State, This Time In Oru East by damola1: 9:24pm On Mar 24, 2009
What Nigeria need is not more money, or oil, what we need is to appreciate what we got in our head, what our brain can produce, then we can be able to better manage resources,
Re: Again Addax Oil Discovers Crude In Imo State, This Time In Oru East by Lamidiobi1: 10:08pm On Mar 24, 2009
who wants your  fake adulterated oil that will knock our engines?
Re: Again Addax Oil Discovers Crude In Imo State, This Time In Oru East by Nobody: 10:19pm On Mar 24, 2009
Lamidi-obi:

who wants your  fake adulterated oil that will knock our engines?

Tell that to your politicians who have been enjoying the oil money.
Re: Again Addax Oil Discovers Crude In Imo State, This Time In Oru East by osisi2(f): 1:15am On Mar 25, 2009
Oil in Oru?
soon to be Njaba state
Re: Again Addax Oil Discovers Crude In Imo State, This Time In Oru East by blackspade(m): 1:36am On Mar 25, 2009
F.uck oil. It's time we developed ourselves a REAL economy, and not one that depends on the price of one commodity.
Re: Again Addax Oil Discovers Crude In Imo State, This Time In Oru East by Lamidiobi1: 2:33am On Mar 25, 2009
to hell with una oil. power is more important than oil and we have power.
Re: Again Addax Oil Discovers Crude In Imo State, This Time In Oru East by naijaking1: 4:21am On Mar 25, 2009
Soon Justice Mohammed Nasir will come adjust the boundries to put Oru inside Cross River, Rivers, or even Delta state.
Re: Again Addax Oil Discovers Crude In Imo State, This Time In Oru East by Strength10: 4:42am On Mar 25, 2009
n
Re: Again Addax Oil Discovers Crude In Imo State, This Time In Oru East by Strength10: 4:48am On Mar 25, 2009
To Lamidi,

You're real fool and dirty just like your people and thats why you think power is better.  We don't need power to succeed because our people have real men and real spirit. You've had power since 1970 but una people are the poorest, most illetrate, stinky, backward jihad ridden son of-a-bitch. You should be ashamed of your people or even be called your people. Igbos though all the draconian policies against them are stiill the richest and most educated in the whole of west africa. they even run the major businesses in the north and own >80% of the land in Abujah. Your peope are useless pest and parasites that have no single contribution to the economy. What a waste of man kind and brain power. Anytime you see an Igbo man, you should bow down and worship him like mohammed and Allah because without them and perhaps other nigerians, all of you are gonna be stinking dead cops. Anuofia,
Re: Again Addax Oil Discovers Crude In Imo State, This Time In Oru East by egheleghe(m): 10:32am On Mar 25, 2009
Strength 10 please withdraw the mention of Allah and Mohammed.please!we are humans and should respect God.
Re: Again Addax Oil Discovers Crude In Imo State, This Time In Oru East by Sunnybobo3(m): 10:33am On Mar 25, 2009
This Lamidi of a guy is a high functioning idiot. I can see he is suffering from "almajirism" and "mallamic" kwashiokor. This guy is highly dementiated just like the Northern oligarch whose decades of misrule have made Nigeria a toothless bulldog. U should be ashamed of yourself. You claim to have the power yet your region has the highest poverty,unemployment and illiteracy rate in Nigeria if not the whole of Sub-saharan Africa despite the free education and scholarship schemes availble to them,  U can only tell that to someone who has not been to the North. Look, I did my youth service in Yobe State so, I know what I'm saying.

How dare you compare your filthy people to Ndigbo (The African Jews). The average igbo man is a self made man and does not depend on governments for handouts despite the economic stagnation of the south east since after the civil war as evidenced in the sequesteration of Igbo oil producing communities to the so called Niger delta. You may wish to know that if left with the resources it generates, the south east (Japan of Africa) will be one of the strongest economies in the world.

Finally, have it in mind that the children of Israel shall surely leave the land of Egypt.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Boko Haram Kills 10 In Adamawa State / TRUCKPUSHER Finally Opens Up On Why He Fears Biafra / The Concept Of Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.