Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,630 members, 7,820,223 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

7 Common Reasons Why Ladies Say No To Marriage Proposals - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 7 Common Reasons Why Ladies Say No To Marriage Proposals (45578 Views)

10 Different Things Nigerian Ladies Say Instead Of "I Love You" - Meme / Photos From Marriage Proposals On Valentine's Day / 6 Quotes Ladies Say To Justify Themselves For Being Single (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Common Reasons Why Ladies Say No To Marriage Proposals by Mzflexydeeva(f): 3:03pm On Aug 12, 2015
The thought of a lady saying no to a marriage proposal to many is unrealistic. Many a time ladies are characterized by their attitude towards trapping a man into marriage rather than refusing a proposal but as uncommon as it may seem to many, guys still get their rings thrown back in their faces.

7 common reasons why ladies reject marriage proposals include:

1. Financial independence

When financial independence is mentioned, a lot of people are quick to say ladies are only after the money, want a well to do man but this isn't about the man. Not that the "independent state" of a man doesn't count but some ladies reject marriage proposals because they (the lady) want to be financially stable before starting a family. Not every girl likes the idea of a man taking care of all her needs. Some ladies want to also be able to contribute and support their husbands financially before their answer is yes.

2. Family attachment

A man who loves his family can be said to be a good man. He can also be said to be one who would make a good husband and father but when a man is too attached to family it can be a reason not to be taken seriously when he pops the question. A man who can't make decisions until he gets approval from his family still has an invisible umbilical cord round his neck.
A guy who has to meet all the needs of his family before considering the needs of his "to be" wife may not change after marriage. No woman wants a man whose decisions can only be final after the parents have certified

3. Age factor

Many ladies have lost great men because they have allowed themselves to be consumed by the feeling of "still young".
A lady who feels she is too young to get married shouldn't be in a relationship. Some ladies claim to be ready but when the proposal comes they say they are too young. This has more to do with their inability to deal with commitment.

4. Mending fences strategy

Relationships are never perfect and a good surprise is always welcomed but proposing during a misunderstanding or a fight usually backfires. It is good to want to work through issues easily and have them sorted out quickly but proposing when she's mad at you is risky. A no may just be what you get.

5. Proposal method and ring choice

Ladies usually have things they fantasize about. One of which is their wedding and also the way you propose. Ladies have been known to turn down marriage proposal because they felt it wasn't romantic enough, others because it was too extravagant. Choice of ring too has not been left out. Ladies love to show off among their peers, no wonder a lady would say no to a guy simply because she feels the ring used in proposing is not befitting.

6. Sexual satisfaction.

The importance given to sex in relationships these days cannot be over emphasized. A lady could reject a proposal upon considering if the guy satisfies her in bed or not. In a relationship, a lady can still try to get her sexual satisfaction from someone else but in marriage she may not. Knowing that a guy can't sexually satisfy her is a good enough reason to say no for some ladies.

7. Lack of trust (too many female friends)

Lack of trust is one of the most common issues faced by relationships today. A lot of people are in relationships where trust is only a mirage. A major cause of lack of trust for ladies is encompassed in the fact that the guy has too many female friends. In such situations, the lady is likely to feel insecure and unsure. Even when the guy proposes, she tends to take it as a joke and the reply is usually no.

32 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 7 Common Reasons Why Ladies Say No To Marriage Proposals by Nobody: 3:04pm On Aug 12, 2015
hmmm its true, 100% correct, ur points are all undastandable bt ur point 5 though, anylady dat reject a marriage proposal bcaus of d method of proposing is mentally unstable or d witches in her village are afta her. "in between anoda reason why ladies reject marriage proposals is bcaus some of this ladies have spiritual husbands.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Common Reasons Why Ladies Say No To Marriage Proposals by Nobody: 3:07pm On Aug 12, 2015
That number 5 though, one of my friend on Nl comes to mind, he doesn't believe in kneeling before a girl to propose.

On a second thought marriage na wash !!

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 7 Common Reasons Why Ladies Say No To Marriage Proposals by dapyd1(m): 3:14pm On Aug 12, 2015
Okay o.

But I think finances is usually number one.
If that one is taken care of, somehow every other thing falls into place.

At least, most times.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Common Reasons Why Ladies Say No To Marriage Proposals by Nobody: 3:18pm On Aug 12, 2015
I will comment because I don't wanna lose track af this one....ffg
Re: 7 Common Reasons Why Ladies Say No To Marriage Proposals by Nobody: 3:22pm On Aug 12, 2015
You hit the point!!! cheesy so men, hope y'all are reading and practicing.

is that no 5 a reason to say no to a guy nt jx a guy, buh the one u luv that's so ridiculous.

buh no 3 is very important and should nt be seen as a bad thing u knw. there are girls who are too young for marriage, they know nothing abt luv or life, u dnt rly expect them to jump into marriage. for example, a guy proposing to his 17 yrs old gf, and wanting them to get married now now now... Dats bullshiiit. she has to grow and be at least 21 yrs bfor thinking of marriage and having babies(at least that's hw I see it) etc, it has ntn to do with commitment.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Common Reasons Why Ladies Say No To Marriage Proposals by Mzflexydeeva(f): 3:25pm On Aug 12, 2015
EroticAngelina:
You hit the point!!! cheesy so men, hope y'all are reading and practicing.

is that no 5 a reason to say no to a guy nt jx a guy, buh the one u luv that's so ridiculous.

buh no 3 is very important and should nt be seen as a bad thing u knw. there are girls who are too young for marriage, they know nothing abt luv or life, u dnt rly expect them to jump into marriage. for example, a guy proposing to his 17 yrs old gf, and wanting them to get married now now now... Dats bullshiiit. she has to grow and be at least 21 yrs bfor thinking of marriage and having babies(at least that's hw I see it) etc, it has ntn to do with commitment.
some ladies in their 20s(22-25) do that alot

6 Likes

Re: 7 Common Reasons Why Ladies Say No To Marriage Proposals by jaybee104(m): 3:26pm On Aug 12, 2015
grin
Re: 7 Common Reasons Why Ladies Say No To Marriage Proposals by rawtouch: 3:30pm On Aug 12, 2015
During this scarcity of husbands no lady will say no

6 Likes

Re: 7 Common Reasons Why Ladies Say No To Marriage Proposals by Nobody: 3:31pm On Aug 12, 2015
Mzflexydeeva:
some ladies in their 20s(22-25) do that alot

u never know, there myt be something crucial delaying them. buh if there's nothing, then its nonsense.
Re: 7 Common Reasons Why Ladies Say No To Marriage Proposals by Nobody: 3:32pm On Aug 12, 2015
Very correct.

Truth is that, not all men are husband material.

In one way or the other, a lady will see what will make her nt want to get married to a guy. or have her reason for nt accepting the marriage proposal.

But, trust guys, they will nt want to know the reasons, or accept their fualts, and, work towards being a better person.

Rather, they will start labelling the gal all sorts of name. and, will be wishing her evil.

10 Likes

Re: 7 Common Reasons Why Ladies Say No To Marriage Proposals by Mzflexydeeva(f): 3:32pm On Aug 12, 2015
rawtouch:
you'll be shocked

14 Likes

Re: 7 Common Reasons Why Ladies Say No To Marriage Proposals by pbs4real(m): 3:37pm On Aug 12, 2015
missbronze:
Very correct.

Truth is that, not all men are husband material.

In one way or the other, a lady will see what will make her nt want to get married to a guy.

And,
and wat
Re: 7 Common Reasons Why Ladies Say No To Marriage Proposals by Nobody: 3:38pm On Aug 12, 2015
pbs4real:
and wat
Go back.

Mr Hurry Hurry.

1 Like

Re: 7 Common Reasons Why Ladies Say No To Marriage Proposals by Nobody: 3:40pm On Aug 12, 2015
rawtouch:

Believe me,

You will be shocked.

9 Likes

Re: 7 Common Reasons Why Ladies Say No To Marriage Proposals by rawtouch: 4:32pm On Aug 12, 2015
I like your location
missbronze:

Believe me,
You will be shocked.
missbronze:

Believe me,
You will be shocked.
Mzflexydeeva:
you'll be shocked
missbronze:

Believe me,

You will be shocked.
Mzflexydeeva:
you'll be shocked
Why will you date a guy and lead him on then when he pops the question you reject him, I have never heard such before if the dude is truly the only one in your life

4 Likes

Re: 7 Common Reasons Why Ladies Say No To Marriage Proposals by Nobody: 4:39pm On Aug 12, 2015
rawtouch:
I like your location

Why will you date a guy and lead him on then when he pops the question you reject him, I have never heard such before if the dude is truly the only one in your life
grin. why wont u like my location, badoo.

No, we didn't lead him on. we dated him to know ourselves better, and, along the line, we realized is nt what we want.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Common Reasons Why Ladies Say No To Marriage Proposals by rawtouch: 5:04pm On Aug 12, 2015
There is nothing to not like about it, the best place to be....
missbronze:
grin. why wont u like my location, badoo.

No, we didn't lead him on. we dated him to know ourselves better, and, along the line, we realized is nt what we want.
More like just staying around till the next guy shows up....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Common Reasons Why Ladies Say No To Marriage Proposals by Nobody: 5:20pm On Aug 12, 2015
rawtouch:
There is nothing to not like about it, the best place to be....

More like just staying around till the next guy shows up....
See your mouth like the best place to be. Smh 4 u.

Back to topic, it has nothing to do with until a new guy shows up. You dont fancy him for marriage, you dont.!!

Afterall, all r/ship must not end in marriage.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Common Reasons Why Ladies Say No To Marriage Proposals by Mznaett: 5:43pm On Aug 12, 2015
You're correct but permit to add to it sha lol

6: If her village people dey follow her up and down.. den we know d rest na hahahahahha

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Common Reasons Why Ladies Say No To Marriage Proposals by pbs4real(m): 6:09pm On Aug 12, 2015
missbronze:
Go back.

Mr Hurry Hurry.
hahahacheesy yeye u,nah me mr hurry hurry abi?undecided i go catch u for cornertongue Body go tell ugrin
Re: 7 Common Reasons Why Ladies Say No To Marriage Proposals by Nobody: 6:27pm On Aug 12, 2015
pbs4real:
hahahacheesy yeye u,nah me mr hurry hurry abi?undecided i go catch u for cornertongue Body go tell ugrin
gringrin.

You cant fit do anything to me.

I dare you.
Re: 7 Common Reasons Why Ladies Say No To Marriage Proposals by pbs4real(m): 6:38pm On Aug 12, 2015
missbronze:
gringrin.

You cant fit do anything to me.

I dare you.
hehehe,nah ur waist go tell u ooh,tnk God say u get ukwutongue makes it more easier. . . Bt trust me,u wil cry.
Re: 7 Common Reasons Why Ladies Say No To Marriage Proposals by Nobody: 7:16pm On Aug 12, 2015
pbs4real:
hehehe,nah ur waist go tell u ooh,tnk God say u get ukwutongue makes it more easier. . . Bt trust me,u wil cry.
I no dey for online bragging.

just give me time. and venue.

By the time i am tru with you..., aswear you wont see rd come nl again.

unless my name is nt bronze again.

3 Likes

Re: 7 Common Reasons Why Ladies Say No To Marriage Proposals by kelot(f): 8:02pm On Aug 12, 2015
rawtouch:

You think? E go do u like dream when it hapns to u man

7 Likes

Re: 7 Common Reasons Why Ladies Say No To Marriage Proposals by Alexgeneration(m): 8:32pm On Aug 12, 2015
Quite revealing,but I think your number 5,is quite shallo
Re: 7 Common Reasons Why Ladies Say No To Marriage Proposals by Alexgeneration(m): 8:32pm On Aug 12, 2015
Quite revealing,but I think your number 5,is quite shallow
Re: 7 Common Reasons Why Ladies Say No To Marriage Proposals by rawtouch: 9:02pm On Aug 12, 2015
kelot:

You think? E go do u like dream when it hapns to u man
never will, her loss anyway

1 Like

Re: 7 Common Reasons Why Ladies Say No To Marriage Proposals by pbs4real(m): 10:57pm On Aug 12, 2015
missbronze:
I no dey for online bragging.

just give me time. and venue.

By the time i am tru with you..., aswear you wont see rd come nl again.

unless my name is nt bronze again.
if u knw say u capable,send me pmgrin make we arrange to meet,whether u knw go testify to the satisfaction and ruggedity of my mambacheesy

3 Likes

Re: 7 Common Reasons Why Ladies Say No To Marriage Proposals by Swagk101(m): 11:21pm On Aug 12, 2015
I see marriage advisers everywhere(Toke in the making)
Many a time ladies are characterized by their attitude towards trapping a man into marriage
I said it, marriage is a trap
Re: 7 Common Reasons Why Ladies Say No To Marriage Proposals by SamAbims(m): 11:22pm On Aug 12, 2015
Moving on to the girl that would say yes sharperly!
Re: 7 Common Reasons Why Ladies Say No To Marriage Proposals by LesbianBoy(m): 11:24pm On Aug 12, 2015
Let the MUMU girls keep rejecting marriage proposals. I am sure rita dominic was also rejecting marriage proposals....now look at what is happening! Even tonto obasanjo don marry sef and rita still never marry even with all her supposed "beauty" and "classiness" angry angry angry

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Just Found Out I Am A Month Pregnant / My Boyfriend Doesn't Have Time For Me / Joyful Moment Man Marries 2 Wives On The Same Day (pix/video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.