Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,437 members, 7,815,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:06 PM

Are The ATM Charges Back: ACCESS BANK - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are The ATM Charges Back: ACCESS BANK (3465 Views)

Precious Chikwendu Speaks On Detention At Access Bank In Ekiti By EFCC Orders / Fayose Shuts Down Access Bank Branch Over Fani-Kayode's Wife's Detention / South-South Governors Want Corruption Charges Dropped To Stop Pipeline Attacks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are The ATM Charges Back: ACCESS BANK by eagleeye2: 6:54pm On Aug 12, 2015
I am a bit confused. I have noticed of recent that any time I use my ATM card to make withdrawals, I always recieve two alerts on my phone. One for the amount that I actually withdrew, another is #65 Fee MNEMONIC.
My question is this, has banks re-introduced charges for ATM cards withdrawals?
Note: I have account domiciled with ACCESS BANK, and I often withdraw from other banks' ATM machines.
Re: Are The ATM Charges Back: ACCESS BANK by zigzo1: 6:55pm On Aug 12, 2015
Scholarship Offer available >>
I.C.T Training and Certification,
Apply here: http://freshofferc..com
Re: Are The ATM Charges Back: ACCESS BANK by bigtt76(f): 6:56pm On Aug 12, 2015
You never de hear news say after 3 free withdrawals on other bank's ATM, the forth and subsequent withdrawals would be charged N65 except carried out on your bank's ATM. Be guided o grin
Re: Are The ATM Charges Back: ACCESS BANK by eagleeye2: 7:06pm On Aug 12, 2015
bigtt76:
You never de hear news say after 3 free withdrawals on other bank's ATM, the forth and subsequent withdrawals would be charged N65 except carried out on your bank's ATM. Be guided o grin
No, that's not even what is happening to me. After the first withdrawal yesterday, they charged me #65. After the second withdrawal, the charged another #65. I thought it was done in error.
Today, again they charged #65 after only one withdrawal. I have been noticing this recently, like a month ago. But didn't pay attention to it. Because the second text message normally come some hours later. But yesterday and today, both messages came along with my normal withdrawal text messages.
Re: Are The ATM Charges Back: ACCESS BANK by pickabeau1: 7:11pm On Aug 12, 2015
eagleeye2:

No, that's not even what is happening to me. After the first withdrawal yesterday, they charged me #65. After the second withdrawal, the charged another #65. I thought it was done in error.
Today, again they charged #65 after only one withdrawal. I have been noticing this recently, like a month ago. But didn't pay attention to it. Because the second text message normally come some hours later. But yesterday and today, both messages came along with my normal withdrawal text messages.

How many withdrawals have u made this month
Re: Are The ATM Charges Back: ACCESS BANK by eagleeye2: 7:15pm On Aug 12, 2015
pickabeau1:

How many withdrawals have u made this month
I am not counting it. But I normally withdraw just enough to cover my expenses for 24hrs (or 48 hrs for the weekend).
Re: Are The ATM Charges Back: ACCESS BANK by pickabeau1: 7:19pm On Aug 12, 2015
eagleeye2:

I am not counting it. But I normally withdraw just enough to cover my expenses for 24hrs (or 48 hrs for the weekend).

After 3 withdrawals u will be charged
Re: Are The ATM Charges Back: ACCESS BANK by eagleeye2: 7:25pm On Aug 12, 2015
pickabeau1:

After 3 withdrawals u will be charged
Bro, after my first withdrawal yesterday, I was charged #65. I made a second withdrawal after about 3hours later, I was charged another #65 the same yesterday.
Today again, I made my first and only withdrawal around 4:30pm, and I was charged #65.
There is something clearly wrong here. Either someone somewhere is ripping people off, or the machines maybe high on Origin.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are The ATM Charges Back: ACCESS BANK by bigtt76(f): 7:28pm On Aug 12, 2015
Maybe they are doing it in advance grin better report to the bank now before it becomes habitual. I use Zenith Bank and nothing of such.

eagleeye2:

Re: Are The ATM Charges Back: ACCESS BANK by REALORGASM(f): 7:30pm On Aug 12, 2015
eagleeye2:

Bro, after my first withdrawal yesterday, I was charged #65. I made a second withdrawal after about 3hours later, I was charged another #65 the same yesterday.
Today again, I made my first and only withdrawal around 4:30pm, and I was charged #65.
There is something clearly wrong here. Either someone somewhere is ripping people off, or the machines maybe high on Origin.

The free withdrawals is a monthly thing not daily , You have 3 free withdrawals from other banks ATM in a month. After that you will will be charge 65 Naira
Re: Are The ATM Charges Back: ACCESS BANK by eagleeye2: 7:32pm On Aug 12, 2015
bigtt76:
Maybe they are doing it in advance grin better report to the bank now before it becomes habitual. I use Zenith Bank and nothing of such.

Will definitely do that. But, how many other people may have overlooked this error? Imagine if a thousand people were charged #65 after every withdrawal and times by how many other days in a week/month/year.
Re: Are The ATM Charges Back: ACCESS BANK by eagleeye2: 7:34pm On Aug 12, 2015
REALORGASM:

3rd withdrawal of the month.
Which one be 3rd withdrawal of the month? And how many third withdrawals will they charge me since yesterday (i.e. under 24hours)

1 Like

Re: Are The ATM Charges Back: ACCESS BANK by zigzo1: 7:35pm On Aug 12, 2015
Scholarship Offer available >>
I.C.T Training and Certification,
Apply here: http://newapplyb..com
Re: Are The ATM Charges Back: ACCESS BANK by eagleeye2: 7:35pm On Aug 12, 2015
REALORGASM:

It is a monthly thing not daily , You have 3 free withdrawals from other banks ATM in a month. After that you will will be charge 65 Naira
Try read my post naw.......... They have charged me 3times since yesterday.
Re: Are The ATM Charges Back: ACCESS BANK by bigtt76(f): 7:37pm On Aug 12, 2015
Lol maybe na anoda way of boosting their profit. The bank's go any length to make money these days angry Zenith charges me about 800 naira for foreign withdrawal while GTB charge me 420 naira. I give up on the Naija's new clueless man.... CBN governor grin

eagleeye2:

Will definitely do that. But, how many other people may have overlooked this error? Imagine if a thousand people were charged #65 after every withdrawal and times by how many other days in a week/month/year.
Re: Are The ATM Charges Back: ACCESS BANK by REALORGASM(f): 7:37pm On Aug 12, 2015
eagleeye2:

Which one be 3rd withdrawal of the month? And how many third withdrawals will they charge me since yesterday (i.e. under 24hours)

Today is August 12. How many withdrawals have you made from other banks ATMs since the beginning of this month? if it is more than 3 you will be charged 65 Naira from the 4th ATM withdrawal from other banks. By Sept 1 you will have 3 free other banks ATM withdrawals for September after that they will charge you.

If you don't understand call customer service

MAke i explain am wella for you.

This month of August. you never us your card for another bank but one day you carry your Gtbank card go Zenith bank machine you withdrawal 20k, it will be free. you punch am again for 20k another free. then you withdraw another 20k na still free. but anything you do from that day on till end of August for another bank atm na 65 Naira dem go collect.
Re: Are The ATM Charges Back: ACCESS BANK by vivalavida(m): 7:41pm On Aug 12, 2015
U say u withdraw enough to last u for 24hours. Today is 12th august meaning u might have used the atm almost everyday.

You are allowed to use an atm which isnt your bank own free 3 times in a month. After the third use,u will be charged for subsequent uses. If you use the atm of your banking platform,u wont be charged. But after three uses of an atm of another bank,if you proceed to use atms of other banks 100 more times within the month,they will charge u #65 each time u withdraw in the 100 times
Re: Are The ATM Charges Back: ACCESS BANK by cremedelacreme: 7:48pm On Aug 12, 2015
OP, are you sure you are in this country? You can only use another banks ATM 3 times in a month without any charges. Once you exceed the 3rd withdrawal in a given month, 65 charge applies for all the subsequent withdrawals except you use your banks ATM.
Re: Are The ATM Charges Back: ACCESS BANK by pickabeau1: 7:53pm On Aug 12, 2015
eagleeye2:

Is that your first withdrawal of d month
Re: Are The ATM Charges Back: ACCESS BANK by eagleeye2: 8:00pm On Aug 12, 2015
pickabeau1:

Is that your first withdrawal of d month
Nna ehh. which kain querry be this. Today na 12th August, and it wasn't just yesterday that this happened.
I have withdrawn 3 times beteen yesterday and today. And 3 times ACCESS BANK HAVE CHARGED ME 3 MNEMONIC FEE each time.
What excuse will that be? Maybe when I put my complaints in writing and copy CBN then an explanation will actually be given.

1 Like

Re: Are The ATM Charges Back: ACCESS BANK by eagleeye2: 8:08pm On Aug 12, 2015
cremedelacreme:
OP, are you sure you are in this country? You can only use another banks ATM 3 times in a month without any charges. Once you exceed the 3rd withdrawal in a given month, 65 charge applies for all the subsequent withdrawals except you use your banks ATM.
My dear, that is not the case here.
Money was paid into that account on monday, for the first time this month. I made two withdrawals yesterday, and one today. And I was charged for the three withdrawals.
Access bank is not around where I live, so I make do with First bank or UBA ATM machines. What's even the use of CASHLESS economy if I have to drive all the way from my home or office down to Access bank which is clearly off my route?
Re: Are The ATM Charges Back: ACCESS BANK by REALORGASM(f): 8:34pm On Aug 12, 2015
eagleeye2:

Nna ehh. which kain querry be this. Today na 12th August, and it wasn't just yesterday that this happened.
I have withdrawn 3 times beteen yesterday and today. And 3 times ACCESS BANK HAVE CHARGED ME 3 MNEMONIC FEE each time.
What excuse will that be? Maybe when I put my complaints in writing and copy CBN then an explanation will actually be given.

you are still heady. youve failed to understand what we are telling you. go to your bank and see for yourself. we are telling you that if you make 103 withdrwawls in a month from another bank's ATM you will be charged 0X3 + 65X100 making 6500.

I am very sure by the time you get to your bank you will see the withdrawals you have made this month are more than these 3

1 Like

Re: Are The ATM Charges Back: ACCESS BANK by eagleeye2: 8:37pm On Aug 12, 2015
REALORGASM:

you are still heady. youve failed to understand what we are telling you. go to your bank and see for yourself. we are telling you that if you make 103 withdrwawls in a month from another bank's ATM you will be charged 0X3 + 65X100 making 6500
You need not even tell me to go and see for myself. At least THANK GOD For what is known as Statement of Account. I will surely need it to back up my complaints.
Re: Are The ATM Charges Back: ACCESS BANK by pickabeau1: 10:10pm On Aug 12, 2015
eagleeye2:

Nna...you no dey hear word

You can only make three free withdrawals on transactions terminating in another banks network

After that na 65
Re: Are The ATM Charges Back: ACCESS BANK by eagleeye2: 10:34pm On Aug 12, 2015
pickabeau1:

Nna...you no dey hear word

You can only make three free withdrawals on transactions terminating in another banks network

After that na 65
Like I told the lady, I will first print out my statement of account. To know if am wrong, or there is another explanation to all these.
Re: Are The ATM Charges Back: ACCESS BANK by Envee10: 11:24am On Aug 13, 2015
Hello eagleeye2,

Since you are an Access bank customer if you make use of the debit card on any Access bank ATM it’s free and you will never be charged #65

However you can only use your Access bank ATM card on another banks ATM free three times only in a month, from the fourth withdrawal, you will be charged #65 per ATM transaction.
Re: Are The ATM Charges Back: ACCESS BANK by Envee10: 11:27am On Aug 13, 2015
If you need more clarification follow Access bank on Twitter @Accessbank_help and Facebook: Access Bank

Also chat live on the website :www.accessbankplc.com
Re: Are The ATM Charges Back: ACCESS BANK by Envee10: 11:30am On Aug 13, 2015
The ATM charge is a CBN policy.
Re: Are The ATM Charges Back: ACCESS BANK by eagleeye2: 12:28pm On Aug 13, 2015
Envee10:
Hello eagleeye2,

Since you are an Access bank customer if you make use of the debit card on any Access bank ATM it’s free and you will never be charged #65

However you can only use your Access bank ATM card on another banks ATM free three times only in a month, from the fourth withdrawal, you will be charged #65 per ATM transaction.
Ok. I understand. No more arguement, but I will go to where my account is domiciled to ask for statement of account to know if I have really exceeded the three times 'grace'.
Thank you.
Re: Are The ATM Charges Back: ACCESS BANK by Envee10: 12:37pm On Aug 13, 2015
Do you have a twitter handle?

Add Access Bank :@Accessbank_help
Re: Are The ATM Charges Back: ACCESS BANK by eagleeye2: 12:54pm On Aug 13, 2015
Envee10:
Thank You. I will do that.
Re: Are The ATM Charges Back: ACCESS BANK by eagleeye2: 1:14pm On Aug 13, 2015
Envee10:
The link you gave is not there. Though I now follow access bank.

(1) (Reply)

If Saraki Resigns; Which Zone Will Produce The Next Senate President? / Photos Of Buhari and Osinbajo At NASS Today For 2015 Budget Presentation / Anambra Gets UK Order For Scent Leaf Export

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.