Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,407 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

South-South Governors Want Corruption Charges Dropped To Stop Pipeline Attacks - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South-South Governors Want Corruption Charges Dropped To Stop Pipeline Attacks (32256 Views)

Southeast, South-south Governors To Recreate Old Eastern Region / South-East & South-South Governors Meet In Enugu (Photos) / We Won’t Stop Pipeline Bombing - Niger-Delta Militants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

South-South Governors Want Corruption Charges Dropped To Stop Pipeline Attacks by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jun 07, 2016
Governors of the South-South region who met with Vice President Yemi Osinbajo at the State House today called for a majority of the corruption cases in the region to be dropped by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), SaharaReporters has learned.

The meeting was attended by Governors of Edo, Ondo, Delta, Akwa Ibom, Rivers, Bayelsa, Abia, as well as the Deputy Governor of Cross River.
Our source, who was at the meeting, said that only the Governor of Edo State, Adams Oshiomhole and the deputy Governor of Cross River opposed the others, who singled out the federal government’s anti-corruption initiative as the reason why Niger Delta Avengers are blowing up pipelines in the region.

Speaking one after the other, the governors reportedly asked the Federal government to drop charges against former militants accused of corruption. They also want the EFCC to stop investigating the campaign fund scam which has so far revealed how former President Goodluck Jonathan shared funds meant that were meant for combating Boko Haram among his People’s Democratic Party functionaries.

Our correspondents also learned that the Minister of State for Petroleum Resources Dr. Ibe Kachikwu, was curiously on the side of the South-South governors who want corruption charges and all forms of corruption investigations against the Niger Delta politicians discontinued.
The Governor of Delta, Patrick Okota, reportedly obtained a two-week ceasefire from the Niger Delta Avengers before arriving at the meeting but did not disclose it because he was uncomfortable that the Vice President wasn’t disposed to the idea. SaharaReporters learnt that through his Deputy, Mr. Okowa had extensive meetings with the Niger Delta Avengers, pointing out that it was evident that he and other South South governors knew who the militants were as he spoke at the meeting.

The source further stated that if the terms pushed by the South South Governors are fully adopted by the Buhari regime, his anti-corruption fight will die prematurely in all of the South South states. He said that from the tone of the meeting, it was clear that the Niger Delta Avengers and their activities are being funded by politicians in the region with the objective of halting Buhari’s anti-corruption war.

A press statement issued at the end of the meeting by the Vice-President’s office indicated that the federal government was represented at the meeting by the Minister of Defense, Rtd. Major General Mohammed Dan Ali; Niger Delta Affairs Minister, Pastor Usani Uguru Usani; and Dr. Kachikwu.
Also in attendance were military service chiefs, led by the Chief of Defence Staff, Lt.Gen. Gabriel Olonisakin

www.saharareporters.com/2016/06/07/niger-delta-governors-want-corruption-charges-dropped-across-region-stop-pipeline-attacks

3 Likes 7 Shares

Re: South-South Governors Want Corruption Charges Dropped To Stop Pipeline Attacks by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jun 07, 2016
The wailing IPOB youths will rubbish this news from Sahara reporters cos it goes against their corrupt beliefs. But when the same news outlet broke news about buhari's ear infection, they latched on it and sucked the whole juice dry.....uhm...Yummy!

All this while, we all thought the NDA were fighting a just course. Some foolish fools who have airs for brains have been supporting them without knowing the struggle was for corrupt politicians to keep their loots- the same money meant to provide good health care, roads, schools, jobs, security, housing etc for these dumb Niger delta indigenes. And to think these shortchanged riffraffs are willing to die for this false course is something that beats my imagination. The fools thought it was a struggle for the actualisation of a Biafra already dead and buried in an unknown cemetery.

The FG should not listen to their demands, cos letting them off the hook will see them use those stolen funds to resurrect PDP ahead of 2019.

click my signature jor

359 Likes 34 Shares

Re: South-South Governors Want Corruption Charges Dropped To Stop Pipeline Attacks by shaqhead: 10:55pm On Jun 07, 2016
If this is true, hmmm...am lost for words!

21 Likes

Re: South-South Governors Want Corruption Charges Dropped To Stop Pipeline Attacks by mrvitalis(m): 10:56pm On Jun 07, 2016
This is a no no for me
If this is the only condition for peace the let the war start

Now this two weeks, will show they never had the people in mind.
Corruption case now affect the Niger Delta??

84 Likes 6 Shares

Re: South-South Governors Want Corruption Charges Dropped To Stop Pipeline Attacks by kachola: 10:57pm On Jun 07, 2016
I said it corruption is fighting back. The problem of this country is pdp. I have never seen a set of pple dats are so corrupt as pdp. cant jus imagin this,

204 Likes 17 Shares

Re: South-South Governors Want Corruption Charges Dropped To Stop Pipeline Attacks by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jun 07, 2016
Corruption is fighting back afterall

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: South-South Governors Want Corruption Charges Dropped To Stop Pipeline Attacks by 989900: 11:20pm On Jun 07, 2016
The source further stated that if the terms pushed by the South South Governors are fully adopted by the Buhari regime, his anti-corruption fight will die prematurely in all of the South South states. He said that from the tone of the meeting, it was clear that the Niger Delta Avengers and their activities are being funded by politicians in the region with the objective of halting Buhari’s anti-corruption war.

We know this already -- DOA though.

Shame on PDP.

Shame on Jonathan and all his cronies and sympathizers.

Shame on the people of Delta and Bayelsa who are willing to sacrifice their lands and their people's lives and future, for the loots of the Dasukis, FFKs, Badehs, Amosus, Diezanis, Kola Alukos, Lamido and sons, Sheriffs, and the whole thieving crew.

Fire the imaginary missiles already m0f0s.

171 Likes 10 Shares

Re: South-South Governors Want Corruption Charges Dropped To Stop Pipeline Attacks by shaqhead: 11:21pm On Jun 07, 2016
mrvitalis:
This is a no no for me

So all their "demands" was a just a decoy to buy sympathy from fellas from the Niger Delta?

It was never about oil and they never cared about those folks who come in here and foam from the sides of their mouth on how govt has abandoned the goose that lays the golden eggs!

So it was about the fight against corruption?

Niger Delta civilian JTF loading...

75 Likes 4 Shares

Re: South-South Governors Want Corruption Charges Dropped To Stop Pipeline Attacks by TippyTop(m): 11:21pm On Jun 07, 2016
End the anti corruption war if all the president wants is to jail influential figures from other tribes using anti corruption as his weapon.

If Bubuhari wants to fight corruption he should start from the richest ex governor in Nigeria.

Start from Tinubu and you'd get our support.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-South Governors Want Corruption Charges Dropped To Stop Pipeline Attacks by EugeneLeeJnr(m): 11:26pm On Jun 07, 2016
only those who believe everything lai Mohammad or Femi adesina will believe this story it's obvious SR hv ran out of lies I will advise them to start doing remix

I rise

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South-South Governors Want Corruption Charges Dropped To Stop Pipeline Attacks by Welrez(m): 11:30pm On Jun 07, 2016
Their left yanch!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South-South Governors Want Corruption Charges Dropped To Stop Pipeline Attacks by yanshDoctor: 11:31pm On Jun 07, 2016
the last time I check Mend is APC they campaign for APC against PDP in last Presidential election. at that time tompolo was not corrupt by APC and EFCC. it's all started when tompolo campaign for Dickson PDP in bayelsa governorship election that is when EFCC-APC agent start looking for tompolo for corruption charges. this type of witches and wizard government only work in the days of OBJ. the era of intimidating opposing politicians with EFCC is over. take a clues from Jonathan. now Nigeria is more divided by this witches and wizard government.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South-South Governors Want Corruption Charges Dropped To Stop Pipeline Attacks by davodyguy: 11:35pm On Jun 07, 2016
Bismarck Rewane said it couple of days ago

Why the resurgence of militancy as soon as corruption trial began?

These attacks has serious political undertone.

But I feel sorry for this country, especially the misguided children of hate from the region crying for secession. We ought to unite and realize that if we don't fight corruption together as one nation, corruption will bring about poor future for them as youths of today and adult of tomorrow.

As soon as it was discovered that Tompolo is allegedly involved in corruption, attacks on pipelines started and different groups emerged.

Let buhari put a halt to all corruption trial, then there would be peace.

But we must realise that our failure today to take the right steps means a bleak future for us

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: South-South Governors Want Corruption Charges Dropped To Stop Pipeline Attacks by swagaholic: 11:36pm On Jun 07, 2016
Lolz, story 4 d gods

2 Likes

Re: South-South Governors Want Corruption Charges Dropped To Stop Pipeline Attacks by jantofubu(m): 11:38pm On Jun 07, 2016
Then those vandalisations were instigated

4 Likes

Re: South-South Governors Want Corruption Charges Dropped To Stop Pipeline Attacks by davodyguy: 11:40pm On Jun 07, 2016
shaqhead:

So all their "demands" was a just a decoy to buy sympathy from fellas from the Niger Delta?
It was never about oil and they never cared about those folks who come in here and foam from the sides of their mouth on how govt has abandoned the goose that lays the golden eggs!
So it was about the fight against corruption?
Niger Delta civilian JTF loading...
mrvitalis:
This is a no no for me

Many political gladiators knew that this renewed militancy is all about corruption fighting back.

Drop cases against
Saraki
Dasuki
Diezani the female looter
Olisah Metu
Alex Baden

And watch the criminals go back to the creeks they came from.

They are being sponsored by terrible cabals which has the shadow of diezani and Jonathan

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: South-South Governors Want Corruption Charges Dropped To Stop Pipeline Attacks by pharmagba: 11:45pm On Jun 07, 2016
I knew it all along. It was CORRUPTION last card and it proved to be a tough Joker.
It is not about the majority of Niger delta well being but few corrupt ones. It has been coming subtlety in their twits '...we will not kill the Nigerian army BUT only destroy pipeline' and the call for negotiation
I know to recruit militant may not difficult but many questions comes to mind where and how did they get their weapons,

I have always been an advocate of no negotiation with terrorist and supporter of full scale military solution,
We've got to a juncture where they have come forward with the real reason eventually.
How must we go from here, this is a test of leadership
I have a recommendation.
1-let EFCC continue with their investigations unhindered
2-any one culpable of corruption MUST RETURN all or minimum of 90% of what they stole
3- anyone that RETURNS all or Minimum of 90% should not be persecuted by the FG
4- anyone pardon under this arrangement should never contest for any political office in the next 10years
5- all weapons must be surrendered.
If the FG can work around this and many point we may reach a truce.

This is an indeed time for all Nigerian to pray for the wisdom of solomon for our President and his vice.

56 Likes 5 Shares

Re: South-South Governors Want Corruption Charges Dropped To Stop Pipeline Attacks by shaqhead: 11:45pm On Jun 07, 2016
davodyguy:

Many political gladiators knew that this renewed militancy is all about corruption fighting back.

Drop cases against
Saraki
Dasuki
Diezani the female looter
Olisah Metu
Alex Baden

And watch the criminals go back to the creeks they came from.

They are being sponsored by terrible cabals which has the shadow of diezani and Jonathan
God help us in this country!

So ppl want to hold us to ransom becos someone had d guts to confront them head on?

That means they wdnt hesitate to eliminate PMB if given the chance!

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South-South Governors Want Corruption Charges Dropped To Stop Pipeline Attacks by ASL33: 11:46pm On Jun 07, 2016
Anything to implicate GEJ.

Rubbish yet again.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South-South Governors Want Corruption Charges Dropped To Stop Pipeline Attacks by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jun 07, 2016
If this is true, it is going to blunt the anti-corruption war. Although I have my reservations about how the war against corruption is being pursued, but it has done a lot to improve our image abroad.
The Avengers will lose the little public sympathy they enjoy if it turns out that the crux of their agitation is the war being waged against corruption.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South-South Governors Want Corruption Charges Dropped To Stop Pipeline Attacks by davodyguy: 11:51pm On Jun 07, 2016
shaqhead:

God help us in this country!

So ppl want to hold us to ransom becos someone had d guts to confront them head on?

That means they wdnt hesitate to eliminate PMB if given the chance!

Nigeria is doomed if we failed to get it right under buhari.

With the ignorant youths from that region shouting zoo this zoo that, bomb everything, all hope is lost on Nigeria

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South-South Governors Want Corruption Charges Dropped To Stop Pipeline Attacks by shaqhead: 12:10am On Jun 08, 2016
davodyguy:

Nigeria is doomed if we failed to get it right under buhari.

With the ignorant youth from that region shouting zoo this zoo that, bomb everything, all hope is lost on Nigeria
I concur 100%

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-South Governors Want Corruption Charges Dropped To Stop Pipeline Attacks by Goddex: 5:44am On Jun 08, 2016
[size=18pt]I smell lies with this piece of news from sahara liars[/size]

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South-South Governors Want Corruption Charges Dropped To Stop Pipeline Attacks by cold(m): 5:53am On Jun 08, 2016
I call bullshìt on this one. Anybody with a brain the size of an apple would know this is a load of tripe. But then again, we're talking about Nigerians who would believe anything.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South-South Governors Want Corruption Charges Dropped To Stop Pipeline Attacks by anonimi: 6:34am On Jun 08, 2016
IF true, this is ultra stupid.
No more, no less.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-South Governors Want Corruption Charges Dropped To Stop Pipeline Attacks by Wildrage: 6:43am On Jun 08, 2016
One of the worst things to ever happen to us as a nation is the emergence of mercenary Journalism. Whilst medium like Sahara reporters can serve some good purpose sometimes and some positives may come out of their guerrilla warfare journalistic adventure, the evil they represents majorly may sound d death knell on our corporate existence

Only an incurable fool would not realise this another heap of trash , a hatchet job to tarnish the image of the Ss gov and prejudice the mind of the public against those standing trial from that region. It's been the same tactics since the inception of this administration, blackmail everyone or institution that refused to be intimidated or compromised. Election tribunal judges were either compromised or intimidated to overturn the electoral choices of the people of the Ss, when the supreme court decided to be objective and adhere to the strict interpretation of electoral laws as was done in cases of electoral disputes of Lagos and other APC controlled states , they resorted to blackmail through Sahara reporters and other cheap and irresponsible online media. No one standing trial today can be sure of fair trial, any judge who rule against d govt must have stories of bribery cooked against him and since judges cannot respond to such allegations, the silence is taken by the public as admission of guilt

Sahara reporter should know that lives of millions of Nigerians depend on the peaceful resolution of this needless crisis, polluting the path to a peaceful resolution through baseless allegations can only prolong the sufferings of Nigerians. To allege without proof that the Ss gov were sponsors of the avengers is most irresponsible and callous. We know Tinubu wants Kachikwu out but this is a very inhuman way of damaging the stellar Career of a very brilliant professional, why would the man side with looters?

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: South-South Governors Want Corruption Charges Dropped To Stop Pipeline Attacks by DaBullIT(m): 6:46am On Jun 08, 2016
So it's sane to assume that those governors are the sponsors of Niger Delta Avengers and any other tiny group that comes up

And let me guess , those governors belong to PDP

In a layman's term that is blackmail !

But it's not my business , PDP is perfect, innocent and they are being witch hunted by Buhari and APC

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South-South Governors Want Corruption Charges Dropped To Stop Pipeline Attacks by cktheluckyman: 6:53am On Jun 08, 2016
[quoteNigeria is doomed if we failed to get it right under buhari.] [/quote]

This is the most stupid statement I have ever come across on nairaland!! So without the illiterate Nigeria is doomed? So an illiterate and religious fanatic is the only one that can save your nation? No wonder Nnamdi Kanu called it a zoo

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South-South Governors Want Corruption Charges Dropped To Stop Pipeline Attacks by chukwukadibia10: 6:54am On Jun 08, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:
The wailing IPOB youths will rubbish this news from Sahara reporters cos it goes against their corrupt beliefs. But when the same news outlet broke news about buhari's ear infection, they latched on it and sucked the whole juice dry.....uhm...Yummy!

All this while, we all thought the NDA were fighting a just course. Some foolish fools who have airs for brains have been supporting them without knowing the struggle was for corrupt politicians to keep their loots- the same money meant to provide good health care, roads, schools, jobs, security, housing etc for these dumb Niger delta indigenes. And to think these shortchanged riffraffs are willing to die for this false course is something that beats my imagination. The fools thought it was a struggle for the actualisation of a Biafra already dead and buried in an unknown cemetery.

The FG should not listen to their demands, cos letting them off the hook will see them use those stolen funds to resurrect PDP ahead of 2019.

click my signature jor
For ur mind u make sense abi?

6 Likes

Re: South-South Governors Want Corruption Charges Dropped To Stop Pipeline Attacks by Blizzy9ja: 7:30am On Jun 08, 2016
Those corruption charges are cooked up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South-South Governors Want Corruption Charges Dropped To Stop Pipeline Attacks by Nobody: 7:39am On Jun 08, 2016
anonimi:
IF true, this is ultra stupid.
No more, no less.
anonimi, a lot of Lagos threads have been going free without your blemish on them. wetin happen?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Hungry Delegates Fight At Restructuring Meeting Over Food And Drink In Akure / Ikpeazu: IPOB Already ‘Sentenced’ South-East Governors To Death / Nigerian Troops Clear Boko Haram Members From Goniri, Yobe State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.