Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,380 members, 7,815,806 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

Advice Needed If This Is Real Or A Scam - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Advice Needed If This Is Real Or A Scam (774 Views)

Is My Job A Scam!!!!? / EDOOFA Program REAL OR NOT / Advice Needed:a Masters Degree To Aid My 2.2 Or A Life-changing Trip To Italy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Advice Needed If This Is Real Or A Scam by firmytobad(m): 7:02pm On Aug 12, 2015
Hi nairalanders. I'll make this as brief as possible. My gf told me about an article to be written on a certain website (nigerianempowerment.org.ng). I wasn't really interested at first cos I don't like writing stories but she talked me into it using her feminine power if you know what I mean. I checked out the site and it was to write an article on how to fight poverty with your profession. I got interested when I saw the incentives to be won for just writing alone ( a mini laptop, a flight ticket for two to go for the empowerment summit at the ICC in Abuja with accommodation and feeding provided during the course of the programme amongst other stuffs). To cut the long story short, I couldnt write all tanx to our otherwise dependable power supply, I couldn't charge my phone enough to do some research. She (my gf) had power on her phone so I talked her into writing anything since that was the last day. I told her to write on fashion but she wrote on education though. The list of successful writers came two days later and luckily for her, her name was shortlisted among the 9000+ successful writers. They were told to check their email for further information. It was then we discovered that she is to pay roughly 11 grand for her to get those benefits and stand a chance to be the ultimate winner via online voting poll. She is to potentially win a million naira and scholarship. My questions goes thus: Is this stuff genuine (I must confess, it looks real) why should the contestants pay some certain amount of money? Has anyone heard of it before? Is it real? Should she pay the money? I need answers please cos the deadline for payment is on Friday 14th of this month. Thanks for.your anticipated reasonable response. The website again is nigerianempowerment.org.ng (Ps: Ignore all typographical error as I have no time to proofread it)
Re: Advice Needed If This Is Real Or A Scam by goodmorning40: 7:12pm On Aug 12, 2015
I piry you
Re: Advice Needed If This Is Real Or A Scam by CrazyMan(m): 7:15pm On Aug 12, 2015
firmytobad:
It was then we discovered that she is to pay roughly 11 grand for her to get those benefits and stand a chance to be the ultimate winner via online voting poll.
Its a scam bro...no genuine company will ask you to pay money in order to redeem any price. Just forget about them and move on.

(1) (Reply)

How I Got 1,323 Page Likes Overnight From Facebook And Earned N210,000 / Kevron Consulting Limited HSE Services/ Training Programs / All About Computer Village

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.