Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,367 members, 7,819,319 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: A SuperB Phone For Lovers Of High End & Affordable Phone - Phone/Internet Market (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Phone/Internet Market / Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: A SuperB Phone For Lovers Of High End & Affordable Phone (39474 Views)

Very Clean Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 3GB/32GB For Sale At 55K / Best Way To Start Your Day, A Very Affordable Phone For Sale!!! / Can Someone Please Recommend A Good N18000 Android Phone For Me With These Specs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: A SuperB Phone For Lovers Of High End & Affordable Phone by KuliMart: 11:43am On Aug 21, 2015
Keep the orders coming.......
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: A SuperB Phone For Lovers Of High End & Affordable Phone by femimike1(m): 11:45am On Aug 21, 2015
I don't know which one to go for in either iPhone 5 16gb 44k (fairly used ) or this redmi phone angry
Plz advice
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: A SuperB Phone For Lovers Of High End & Affordable Phone by josephos: 2:33pm On Aug 21, 2015
patiently waiting for the prime version
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: A SuperB Phone For Lovers Of High End & Affordable Phone by iXavier: 2:38pm On Aug 21, 2015
femimike1:
I don't know which one to go for in either iPhone 5 16gb 44k (fairly used ) or this redmi phone angry
Plz advice

Redmi definitely!

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: A SuperB Phone For Lovers Of High End & Affordable Phone by yesman(m): 4:35pm On Aug 21, 2015
I have been following this thread since the very first post. I was looking to change my phone and while browsing through the phone section, this thread caught my attention. I visited the kulimart store then and saw that the phone was not yet out that you'll have to preorder and receive it at the end of the month said the customer rep when i called. But I decided to wait a little while before taking the plunge, you know this is necessary in naija before making online transactions particularly when the company is not well known.

So i waited a week before i checked again and the price have increased from N40k to N41k, not much anyway. I decided to preorder 2 phones yesterday and proceeded to 'checkout'. While I put in the relevant details, I could not shake the feeling that the set up was not right.

1. Contact information only contains phone numbers, BBM pin, Whats up etc. There is no physical address.

2. If you go to 'Our Stores', you 'll only see a map of Miami beach and Hollywood.

3. While filling the form, you are meant to check the box that you UNCONDITIONALLY agree to terms and services. Many people, including myself don't click on terms and services but this time I decided to do so and was directed to an error page 'the information cannot be displayed'

4. Images of paypal, Mastercard, Visacard and the like creates an impression that they accept payments online. You are even asked for a billing address but at the end of it all you will be directed to make payment to GTBank or Firstbank to an account in the name of Young web solutions. It seems Kulimart is a subsidiary of this Young web solution which is registered as a business name but this set up sounds more like a web design company and not truly a marketplace. I mean why promote kulimart then direct someone to pay to another entity. This doesn't sound right to me.

I AM NOT saying that Kulimart is a scam but there are too many red flags that a sensible person cannot ignore. Lets say I make payment to the the GTBank account, and the product does not arrive and I have to tell someone that I paid money to a company

1. That was launched 4 months ago
2. That do not have a contact address or contact person
3. To pre order a phone that is not available any where else in the country, in Europe and the US.
4. That has no proven track record.

I made these concerns known to them by submitting a form to their customer service yesterday on their 'contact us' page and suggested that I would prefer to pay on delivery (to Port Harcourt) but I have not received their response at the time of writing.....another bad sign if you are not able to reach them on phone.

If this is a fledgling business, I would suggest they try to build credibility to gain trust first. You do not launch a website and in 4 months you ask people to pre order an item on the site. It is not done anywhere in the world (as far as I know).

Good luck to those who made payment and be sure to let the house know when you receive your goods.

I will wait till I am able to purchase the phone through a more reputable channel.

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: A SuperB Phone For Lovers Of High End & Affordable Phone by yesman(m): 4:50pm On Aug 21, 2015
The phone is indeed a superb phone but keep your emotions in check before you part with your money.

I saw this when I tried to conduct a back ground check on Kulimart.

For more info, visit the website http://www.scamadviser.com/check-website/kulimart.com

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: A SuperB Phone For Lovers Of High End & Affordable Phone by KuliMart: 7:06pm On Aug 21, 2015
yesman:

1. Contact information only contains phone numbers, BBM pin, Whats up etc. There is no physical address.

There use to be contact information on our website, but it was removed of recent because we had a lot of disturbance from people coming to the office to pick it up when it's obvious we're online shop. We know the importance of contact address, but as a matter of fact we're e-commerce business. Contact address is not necessary needed provided it's on our invoice and delivery receipt. Check other e-commerce, there's no contact address rather email and phone numbers. Attached is a sample screenshot of our invoice.

2. If you go to 'Our Stores', you 'll only see a map of Miami beach and Hollywood.

We do not operate multi stores for now. We're less than a year in this business. Our store use to show our office location, but because the address have been made invisible, it shows default framework location.
I have signal for this to be corrected. Thanks for the observation.

3. While filling the form, you are meant to check the box that you UNCONDITIONALLY agree to terms and services. Many people, including myself don't click on terms and services but this time I decided to do so and was directed to an error page 'the information cannot be displayed'
Apology for this. We take full responsibility for this and I assure you that the link will be corrected in no time. This is because of broken link.

4. Images of paypal, Mastercard, Visacard and the like creates an impression that they accept payments online. You are even asked for a billing address but at the end of it all you will be directed to make payment to GTBank or Firstbank to an account in the name of Young web solutions. It seems Kulimart is a subsidiary of this Young web solution which is registered as a business name but this set up sounds more like a web design company and not truly a marketplace. I mean why promote kulimart then direct someone to pay to another entity. This doesn't sound right to me.

We are yet to agree to the percentage charge given to us by payment processor, and that is why the function have not been enabled, although it has been integrated. Kulimart use to be a subsidiary of Young Web Solution, if you have to have gone through this thread https://www.nairaland.com/2296829/buy-quality-cheap-phones-tablets when it was initially created, you would have known/seen that Young Web Solution was mentioned, but now Kulimart Nigeria has been registered and due to some factors (mainly delay), the bank account that should have Kulimart Nigeria is not yet ready. So we decide to still use Young web Solution account instead of personal account until it's ready.

I AM NOT saying that Kulimart is a scam but there are too many red flags that a sensible person cannot ignore. Lets say I make payment to the the GTBank account, and the product does not arrive and I have to tell someone that I paid money to a company

The Nigeria you knew yesterday is no longer the Nigeria of today. No person or organization/company will commit crime in the present Nigeria and go unpunished. We're happy that the system is now working. We have government security/crime agencies. I assure you, you're safe dealing with us. We have no unquestionable record so far. Search for Kulimart via Google, you will see that we have been featured in many sites as trusted seller of Chinese phones.

Big e-commerce sites were once at our stage. It's a gradual process.

Already explained.

3. To pre order a phone that is not available any where else in the country, in Europe and the US.
Pre-order or presale has been existing. Majority of the phones we buy is because we pre-ordered for it. We happened to be the first that will bring down Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 into Nigeria is because of the connection we had in China. Check online, almost all the Chinese brands offer pre-sale.
* Presale or pre-order price comes with a discount, but when in stock, the price increases. We assume you have read reviews and specifications of the phone you want to purchase.

We need to start from somewhere and that is why we need your support and patronage. Other big e-commerce sites started from somewhere. All we ask is for your support to reach up to your expectation and believe me, the dream will come to reality someday.

I made these concerns known to them by submitting a form to their customer service yesterday on their 'contact us' page and suggested that I would prefer to pay on delivery (to Port Harcourt) but I have not received their response at the time of writing.....another bad sign if you are not able to reach them on phone.

It's clearly written that we only accept Pay on delivery within Lagos for products in stock. Why again do you still ask for pay on delivery outside Lagos. We use to support Port Harcourt, but we later discontinue deliver on POD to Port Harcourt, because the agent we once had there is not performing to the standard we wanted and some other factors. The management is already working to provide Pay On Delivery to major cities and nationwide. By the grace of almighty God this will be available in no time.

If this is a fledgling business, I would suggest they try to build credibility to gain trust first. You do not launch a website and in 4 months you ask people to pre order an item on the site. It is not done anywhere in the world (as far as I know).

You see, shopping online is trending and many non serious buyers are all over the internet. Could you imagine someone placed and when the order gets to the person, you will hear that He isn't ready, just wanted to see how it works. Now, the nature or the phones we sell have not gained that ground in Nigeria. We only sell to serious buyers and that is why pre-order was made available to prevent or avoid us consuming our products. By the grace of God, the plan to bring down one or two brands fully into Nigerian market is really working out.

To build credibility, we still have pay on delivery and that is within Lagos alone.

Good luck to those who made payment and be sure to let the house know when you receive your goods.

I will wait till I am able to purchase the phone through a more reputable channel.

The choice is really yours. I know that if you purchase this products online from China or EU you have no grantee that they will deliver. They can easily run away with your money, but we cannot even if we do, we will be cut by EFCC or any other FG body.

Thank you for commenting on this thread.

3 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: A SuperB Phone For Lovers Of High End & Affordable Phone by KuliMart: 7:10pm On Aug 21, 2015
yesman:
The phone is indeed a superb phone but keep your emotions in check before you part with your money.

I saw this when I tried to conduct a back ground check on Kulimart.

For more info, visit the website http://www.scamadviser.com/check-website/kulimart.com

Our server is in USA, if you know about the web, you will know that all Nigerian sites are hosted abroad because Nigeria have no web hosting datacenter.

We used whois guard/protection, because of robot crapping contact details for spamming purpose. You can still reach us with the email on the whois lookup.
As I said earlier, it's to prevent bots, many sites have this enabled.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: A SuperB Phone For Lovers Of High End & Affordable Phone by KuliMart: 7:12pm On Aug 21, 2015
josephos:
patiently waiting for the prime version

That will really take some time. 16GB version has memory card slot.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: A SuperB Phone For Lovers Of High End & Affordable Phone by donhils: 10:10pm On Aug 21, 2015
yesman:
I have been following this thread since the very first post. I was looking to change my phone and while browsing through the phone section, this thread caught my attention. I visited the kulimart store then and saw that the phone was not yet out that you'll have to preorder and receive it at the end of the month said the customer rep when i called. But I decided to wait a little while before taking the plunge, you know this is necessary in naija before making online transactions particularly when the company is not well known.

So i waited a week before i checked again and the price have increased from N40k to N41k, not much anyway. I decided to preorder 2 phones yesterday and proceeded to 'checkout'. While I put in the relevant details, I could not shake the feeling that the set up was not right.

My guy you hit the nail right on the head. I made this observation few days ago and the guy here representing Kulimart only laughed at me. I don't see why a newly launched online store would start asking for money before they deliver to you. Where's the trust from? Especially in the Nigeria of today. They should start off with pay on delivery if they want me to believe them. Otherwise, na so I go dey look until someone I know gets the phone from Kulimart.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: A SuperB Phone For Lovers Of High End & Affordable Phone by donhils: 10:25pm On Aug 21, 2015
The point is, this could be real it could be fake. Are you willing to let that money go? I don't believe that the Nigeria of yesterday is no longer the Nigeria of today cos we all know a lot of crimes are still on going in the country. Your response to why pay on delivery isn't supported sounds good but you're the one starting off a business. You expect us to take a risk that you're not willing to take? It goes like this, you take the phone to somebody and he refuses to show up, you go back. You lost only delivery fee, what if the person pays and not see anything? How much would be lost? Call the person before going to deliver, spend 2mins, 3mins on phone trying to make sure the person is ready before going.
#payondeliveryalltheway
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: A SuperB Phone For Lovers Of High End & Affordable Phone by femimike1(m): 7:21am On Aug 22, 2015
Reasons ? smiley
iXavier:

Redmi definitely!
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: A SuperB Phone For Lovers Of High End & Affordable Phone by Palantir: 8:11am On Aug 22, 2015
donhils:

My guy you hit the nail right on the head. I made this observation few days ago and the guy here representing Kulimart only laughed at me. I don't see why a newly launched online store would start asking for money before they deliver to you. Where's the trust from? Especially in the Nigeria of today. They should start off with pay on delivery if they want me to believe them. Otherwise, na so I go dey look until someone I know gets the phone from Kulimart.

Same thing I told the dude.
I'm not saying you shouldn't develop your business. I'm not saying you shouldn't grow. I'm saying understand that people are sceptical about faceless businesses such as online market places. You shouldn't expect people to trust you because you say so. You should design your interactions with customers in a way to alleviate these suspicions. Don't say it is done abroad. Don't say others do it. Develop confidence in your customers first.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: A SuperB Phone For Lovers Of High End & Affordable Phone by KuliMart: 8:22am On Aug 22, 2015
Palantir:

Same thing I told the dude.
I'm not saying you shouldn't develop your business. I'm not saying you shouldn't grow. I'm saying understand that people are sceptical about faceless businesses such as online market places. You shouldn't expect people to trust you because you say so. You should design your interactions with customers in a way to alleviate these suspicions. Don't say it is done abroad. Don't say others do it. Develop confidence in your customers first.

Thanks once again for commenting.

We offer pay on delivery for phones in stock, this is to build confidence in our customers.

With time we will get there. We have reserved one Redmi note 2 for you this is because you have shown so much interest and willing to pay.

We just need time to perform upto your expectation.

We're expecting redmi note and many other brands today or Monday.

Once redmi is available, we will enable Pay On Delivery for it and announce it here.

2 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: A SuperB Phone For Lovers Of High End & Affordable Phone by KuliMart: 8:37am On Aug 22, 2015
Thanks to our social media marketer.

We have been able to promote Redmi Note 2 to over 57,000 Nigerians on Facebook within 6 days and still counting.

Join us on Facebook for special offers and discount >> https://www.facebook.com/KuliMart

1 Share

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: A SuperB Phone For Lovers Of High End & Affordable Phone by KuliMart: 10:24am On Aug 22, 2015
80% of the things pointed out by yesman has been fixed.

Thank you sir.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: A SuperB Phone For Lovers Of High End & Affordable Phone by donhils: 11:56am On Aug 22, 2015
KuliMart:

We offer pay on delivery for phones in stock, this is to build confidence in our customers.

With time we will get there. We have reserved one Redmi note 2 for you this is because you have shown so much interest and willing to pay.
We would love that. One for me too.

Once redmi is available, we will enable Pay On Delivery for it and announce it here.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: A SuperB Phone For Lovers Of High End & Affordable Phone by donhils: 11:57am On Aug 22, 2015
KuliMart:

We would love that. Now you're talking.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: A SuperB Phone For Lovers Of High End & Affordable Phone by josephos: 3:37pm On Aug 22, 2015
reserve one note 2 for me also........
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: A SuperB Phone For Lovers Of High End & Affordable Phone by KuliMart: 5:18pm On Aug 22, 2015
Good News: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 now in Nigeria.

Sad news: Limit quantity. The phones has all been sold out before it entered Nigeria, although second batch will be coming next week mid-week.

We start shipping on Monday.

@Palantir place the order on the website, select COD and reply with the Order ID.

Thank you all.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: A SuperB Phone For Lovers Of High End & Affordable Phone by donhils: 9:00pm On Aug 22, 2015
KuliMart:
Good News: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 now in Nigeria.

Sad news: Limit quantity. The phones has all been sold out before it entered Nigeria, although second batch will be coming next week mid-week.

We start shipping on Monday.

@Palantir place the order on the website, select COD and reply with the Order ID.

Thank you all.
What about me? When do I get mine? Pay on delivery things.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: A SuperB Phone For Lovers Of High End & Affordable Phone by Youngzedd(m): 9:35pm On Aug 22, 2015
donhils:

What about me? When do I get mine? Pay on delivery things.

Maybe in the year 2020 grin
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: A SuperB Phone For Lovers Of High End & Affordable Phone by donhils: 10:10pm On Aug 22, 2015
Youngzedd:

Maybe in the year 2020 grin
Why?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: A SuperB Phone For Lovers Of High End & Affordable Phone by Youngzedd(m): 9:25am On Aug 23, 2015
donhils:

Why?

grin grin

Happy Sunday.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: A SuperB Phone For Lovers Of High End & Affordable Phone by maxdozie(m): 11:15am On Aug 23, 2015
A phone becomes available today but all sold out.. Why not deliver to at least 1 person here on this thread so others can believe in you guys

No picture or whatever
Elijahdre still rocks when it comes to this
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: A SuperB Phone For Lovers Of High End & Affordable Phone by teewhydope(m): 6:47pm On Aug 23, 2015
maxdozie:
A phone becomes available today but all sold out.. Why not deliver to at least 1 person here on this thread so others can believe in you guys

No picture or whatever

Why not swerve to elijadre's thread instead of lamenting, no one is forcing you to buy from him undecided
Its not a crime if you buy d fone from him and give us your testimony angry undecided

2 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: A SuperB Phone For Lovers Of High End & Affordable Phone by donhils: 8:18pm On Aug 23, 2015
maxdozie:

No picture or whatever
Give us link to Elijahdre thread let's see what he has to offer.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: A SuperB Phone For Lovers Of High End & Affordable Phone by TheTega(m): 8:27pm On Aug 23, 2015
donhils:

Give us link to Elijahdre thread let's see what he has to offer.

So you don't even know his thread sef yet you brag.. Smh
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: A SuperB Phone For Lovers Of High End & Affordable Phone by donhils: 8:29pm On Aug 23, 2015
TheTega:

So you don't even know his thread sef yet you brag.. Smh
Are you high on something or what? Have I ever said anything about the guy before? I just heard that name for the first time.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: A SuperB Phone For Lovers Of High End & Affordable Phone by TheTega(m): 8:44pm On Aug 23, 2015
donhils:

Are you high on something or what? Have I ever said anything about the guy before? I just heard that name for the first time.

Oya sorry
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: A SuperB Phone For Lovers Of High End & Affordable Phone by maxdozie(m): 9:20pm On Aug 23, 2015
teewhydope:

Why not swerve to elijadre's thread instead of lamenting, no one is forcing you to buy from him undecided
Its not a crime if you buy d fone from him and give us your testimony angry undecided
Awww painful
Bro am not intrested on the device i was only giving out an opinion.

Scammers are everywia they also open more than 1 acc, who knows u might be 1 of them .... Am just saying anyways

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

ThePAUL DATA SERVICES OFFERS MTN, ETISALAT & GLO DATA @ 1GB = #1100 / Unlock Alcatel Usb Modem & Others / List Of Confirmed Data Resellers On Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.