Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,755 members, 7,955,869 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:28 PM

Nigerians Don't Care About Flat Stomachs? - Romance (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerians Don't Care About Flat Stomachs? (51711 Views)

'I Need A Wealthy & Handsome Boyfriend, I Don't Care If He Is Gay- Lady / Never Knew How Much I Care About My Girl Until I Tried To Cheat / Nigerians Don't Like PDA? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Don't Care About Flat Stomachs? by Nobody: 10:44pm On Aug 29, 2015
kingsfield:

Wats insyd n upstairs z wat rly matas nt d outsyd.MrsPhyno biko rapu ihe ede na moto gba moto.
Ika gbasa dia ndia nwetakwa gi iga atokwa dia.
Biko kenerum Phyno

Phyno di okay grin Kedu maka u?
Re: Nigerians Don't Care About Flat Stomachs? by kingsfield(m): 5:55pm On Aug 30, 2015
MrsPhyno:
Phyno di okay grin Kedu maka u?
Mua gbasakwa ngi na ezi n'ulo gi kwanu, ejim na aka na unu nuo ofuma?
Re: Nigerians Don't Care About Flat Stomachs? by Nobody: 6:59pm On Aug 30, 2015
kingsfield:

Mua gbasakwa ngi na ezi n'ulo gi kwanu, ejim na aka na unu nuo ofuma?
abeg o. biko translate grin
Re: Nigerians Don't Care About Flat Stomachs? by kingsfield(m): 7:00am On Aug 31, 2015
MrsPhyno:

abeg o. biko translate grin
Am fyn, hwz u n ur family, hp evryone z fyn?
Re: Nigerians Don't Care About Flat Stomachs? by DuBLINGreenb(m): 8:19am On Sep 04, 2015
misspicy:

1)Op why exactly should Nigerians care about flat stomach,with all the problems we facing,na flat stomach we go.start to worry about

2)with all d copy copy we don copy the western world sotey most of our cultures and traditions have been abolished,eg girls dressing half n.aked in d name of looking beautiful,you still want to add flat stomach syndrome?...is big stomach associated with fashion again

3)please I need you to enlighten me about the health issue associated to natural big stomachs,not d disease or illness caused big stomach.

Modified:----

First time making FTC cheesy and many peeps wan die untop my mattergrin
anyway lemmr invite FirstEva and Gurgle bae to join megrin....daslim180 you sef follow do body guard abegtongue......my royal entourage

But strictly following "tradition" we (or at least our ancestors) were naked before we copied western clothes even the materials used in making our traditional clothes, hats etc where introduced to us by the westerners.
following tradition we shouldn't worship God /Jesus or Allah as the western world introduced them to us. we shouldn't drive cars or fly planes in fact we shouldn't use storey buildings or block houses. etc etc

people with protruding stomachs get it mostly from careless over feeding, excessive drinking and not exercising (especially after child birth)
I myself do not go to the gym but I do light work out at home (press ups, push ups, weight lifting,aerobics etc) unfortunately people assume you have no money when you walk a short distance (what's the sense using a running mill when you can walk or run on a normal working day after work) I do not want to bulk up like a TNA wrestler, but I want to be slightly ripped to have definition.

it is important to lose the tummy fat it shows you take care of yourself and you have self control, you feel more comfortable with yourself in public (improved self esteem) you wear what you like and what you want, you can show yourself be it at the beach or at a pool.
I wouldn't like to be married to a big tummied woman after her pregnancy. baby you are hiting the gym not just when you are young you look sexy and once you are married no attempt whatsoever to retain a lil sexiness you will find your way ooh.

don't worry I am not the only one who holds this view the trend will change slowly but surely.
p.s when two cultures meet the dominant or better culture is retained and the barbaric( or so the new makes the old seem), archaic one is thrown out the window.

P.S.S we were naked before the white man brought us clothes now we are holding on to these clothes more than them.

When they brought us the clothes you were conditioned to reason that you not wearing clothes was barbaric that is why you still think like this today
before they were all racist today they are using botox to make their lips more African African
African hairstyles have been worn by Beckham, and every member of the Kardashian family except Kris and many more high profile Caucasian celebs even afro jewellery, makeup and art.

point is the world is now smaller thanks to technology so don't complain about people liking other people's culture or habit and wanting to emulate them or the way they speak (most Americans would like to speak like the British some Nigerians want to speak like Americans And a few south africans and Kenyans like to speak like Nigerians)
Re: Nigerians Don't Care About Flat Stomachs? by dmcdad: 8:27am On Sep 04, 2015
^^^Nice comment. Try to give it a better layout and better punctuations next time.
Re: Nigerians Don't Care About Flat Stomachs? by DuBLINGreenb(m): 8:32am On Sep 04, 2015
dmcdad:
^^^Nice comment. Try to give it a better layout and better punctuations next time.

Thanks, I'm good at punctuations and stuff but I always type on NL like someone is after me.
Re: Nigerians Don't Care About Flat Stomachs? by dmcdad: 10:02am On Sep 04, 2015
DuBLINGreenb:

Thanks, I'm good at punctuations and stuff but I always type on NL like someone is after me.
cheesycheesycheesy Maybe from your village? gringrin
Re: Nigerians Don't Care About Flat Stomachs? by Timoleon(m): 9:15am On Sep 25, 2015
Enockia:

madam who said they dont see i work for a shaping and sliming coy. and the number of customers we get each day with complains of how they can flatten their tummy is really alarming. i spoke to one of our clients and she made a remark dat really contradicts wat u er posting here in her words she said "u men er the reason why we girls go all out to flatten out tummies cos when u see us wit big tummies u turn to the less pretty girl around the corner just because she's got a flat stomach" so trust me nigerians do care

please find drake's song 'fancy' "Hit the gym, step on the scales, stare at the number You say you dropping 10 pounds preparing for summer And you don’t do it for the man, men never notice You just do it for yourself you’re the fucking coldest"
Re: Nigerians Don't Care About Flat Stomachs? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Sep 25, 2015
Gurgle:

I modified

im sure they do. but ive never heard anybody complain that a girls stomach is "too flat"

whats wrong with my first statement, apart from the fact that its a generalisation
NNE people do complain about mine.

Its actually different strokes for different folks.
Re: Nigerians Don't Care About Flat Stomachs? by tpiander: 3:16pm On Sep 25, 2015
MrsPhyno:
From my experience, it seems Nigerians don't really care about flat stomachs. Many people, even young females and males don't have them and don't seem concerned about that. In the Western World, to be considered attractive a flat stomach is a must, but many people who are called hot in Naija have protruding bellies.

This issue is irrespective of body type because I've seen a lot of slim people with larger stomachs too.

Is it that Nigerians don't care about a small waist and flat stomach as much as the rest of the world? And if so why not. This is actually a real health issue grin

why is this bothering you so much?

just curious.

even with a flat stomach, how many men do you want to date? Still cant be the whole world.
Re: Nigerians Don't Care About Flat Stomachs? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Sep 25, 2015
tpiander:

why is this bothering you so much?

just curious.

even with a flat stomach, how many men do you want to date? Still cant be the whole world.
It's not bothering me at all
Did I mention dating men in my original post
It's a health issue my dear grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Don't Care About Flat Stomachs? by tpiander: 4:32pm On Sep 25, 2015
MrsPhyno:

It's not bothering me at all
Did I mention dating men in my original post
It's a health issue my dear grin

so you believe you will never have health issues.

is that your reason for opening the thread?
Re: Nigerians Don't Care About Flat Stomachs? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Sep 25, 2015
tpiander:

so you believe you will never have health issues.

is that your reason for opening the thread?
We all have health issues grin

Is this interrogation your reason for quoting me ?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Don't Care About Flat Stomachs? by lomaxx: 4:49pm On Sep 25, 2015
MrsPhyno:
We all have health issues grin

what's your twitter @ ?
Re: Nigerians Don't Care About Flat Stomachs? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Sep 25, 2015
lomaxx:

what's your twitter @ ?
@JoeCutie

I'm not on Twitter

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Don't Care About Flat Stomachs? by tpiander: 5:29pm On Sep 25, 2015
MrsPhyno:

I have health issues grin

you consider simple questions an interrogation, what then do we call your opening post which you decided to start because you say in the western world having flat tummies is what is considered attractive.

let me repost your stuff here, perhaps you forgot:

MrsPhyno:
From my experience, it seems Nigerians don't really care about flat stomachs. Many people, even young females and males don't have them and don't seem concerned about that. In the Western World, to be considered attractive a flat stomach is a must, but many people who are called hot in Naija have protruding bellies.

This issue is irrespective of body type because I've seen a lot of slim people with larger stomachs too.

Is it that Nigerians don't care about a small waist and flat stomach as much as the rest of the world? And if so why not. This is actually a real health issue grin

I wonder why you are concerned since you say the people you saw are not?

if it is a health issue, your problem should be are the health facilities equipped to adequately manage and teach about any issues arising from such.

If you, with your flat tummy and small waist, develop non-big tummy problems, what do you blame it on?

Your level of "attractiveness" to the same or opposite sex will still not mean you can or will date everybody in the whole world, you wan tear your something ni?

pardon my bluntness, I am generally not patient when responding to what I consider d.aft posts , especially when someone is expected to have a modicum of common sense.
Re: Nigerians Don't Care About Flat Stomachs? by JoeCutie(m): 10:29pm On Sep 25, 2015
MrsPhyno:

@JoeCutie

I'm not on Twitter
Why not? grin
Re: Nigerians Don't Care About Flat Stomachs? by Nobody: 11:53pm On Sep 25, 2015
JoeCutie:
Why not? grin
I have nothing to tweet about lol.
I'm actually not much of a social media person... Just BBM, Whatsapp, etc. For people I know already grin

that lady above me don start to dey para sha grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Don't Care About Flat Stomachs? by tpiander: 12:28am On Sep 26, 2015
MrsPhyno:

I'm actually not much of a social media person... Just BBM, Whatsapp, etc. For people I know already grin

but I did not open a thread to rant though.

You did.
Re: Nigerians Don't Care About Flat Stomachs? by JoeCutie(m): 6:27am On Sep 26, 2015
MrsPhyno:

Nairaland nko? undecided
Re: Nigerians Don't Care About Flat Stomachs? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Sep 26, 2015
JoeCutie:
Nairaland nko? undecided
Lol this is not social media na. My name is not here nobody knows me grin I'm commenting under a ridiculous pseudonym about things that are silly tongue

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Don't Care About Flat Stomachs? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Sep 26, 2015
MrsPhyno:

Lol this is not social media na. My name is not here nobody knows me grin I'm commenting under a ridiculous pseudonym about things that are silly tongue

Little one
are you sure no one knows U?
Re: Nigerians Don't Care About Flat Stomachs? by JoeCutie(m): 3:14pm On Sep 26, 2015
MrsPhyno:

Lmao! You no well. cheesy
Re: Nigerians Don't Care About Flat Stomachs? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Sep 26, 2015
BUTCHCASSIDY:

Little one
are you sure no one knows U?
Uncle,
Why do u like being sinister

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Don't Care About Flat Stomachs? by Nobody: 4:11pm On Sep 26, 2015
MrsPhyno:
Uncle, Why do u like being sinister
Pickin its more fun that way and you love it eh?
Re: Nigerians Don't Care About Flat Stomachs? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Sep 26, 2015
BUTCHCASSIDY:

Pickin
its more fun that way and you love it eh?
Oga
Maybe it's fun for u.... And it's up to me to decide if I love it or not

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Don't Care About Flat Stomachs? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Sep 26, 2015
MrsPhyno:

Oga
Maybe it's fun for u.... And it's up to me to decide if I love it or not

Madam
Its fun and you know it.
Embrace the dark side wink
Re: Nigerians Don't Care About Flat Stomachs? by Chigold101(m): 10:43am On Sep 28, 2015
MrsPhyno:

which people are the rest of the world? Do you call the USA, the rest of the world?... Flat stomach means nothing to an average European.
Re: Nigerians Don't Care About Flat Stomachs? by Nobody: 1:07am On Nov 16, 2015
how much do you charge per night?

evegran:
Op don't mind Nigerians.

I care deeply about stomachs. I have a flat stomach and I'm always showing it off. smiley
Re: Nigerians Don't Care About Flat Stomachs? by Nobody: 6:18am On Nov 16, 2015
angels09:
how much do you charge per night?

You're too blessed to be cursed? And you go around calling females you dunno prostitutes?

It's obvious your parents failed as parents, because if they raised you well- you won't behave like an animal. It's all your unborn kids that will be useless, since you're wishing people's kids to be useless. Everything about you will be useless.

Amen!
Re: Nigerians Don't Care About Flat Stomachs? by Nobody: 10:50am On Nov 16, 2015
evegran:

You're too blessed to be cursed? And you go around calling females you dunno prostitutes?
I AM TOO BLESSED TO BE CURSED PHILISTINE..... DID I CALL YOU NAMES? I ONLY ASKED A QUESTION!!!
WELL APOLOGIES IF YOU FEEL OFFENDED... BUT MY OWN TRAINING DOES NOT PERMIT ME TO USE THE REVERRED WORD AMEN ANYHOW... IT ALSO DOES NOT PERMIT ME TO ATTACK PEOPLE'S PARENTS ANY HOW OR IN ANY MANNER AT ALL.... IT DOES NOT EVEN PERMIT ME TO CURSE PEOPLE.... ANYWAY ....IT'S LONG BEEN SAID THAT YOU ARE ADDRESSED THE WAY YOU DRESS... IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE ADDRESSED IN A MANNER DRESS NOT LIKE THAT...COS FROM YOUR PROFILE DP...ALLEN NIGHT WORKERS ARE NO DIFFERENT.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

I Almost Murdered My Girlfriend For Cheating On Me. But GOD Stopped Me. / Ladies, Would You Date A Man That Sags This Way? / My Girlfriend Has A Very Reckless Past.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.