Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

Senate Approves Edo $75m World Bank Loan - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Approves Edo $75m World Bank Loan (16439 Views)

Senate Approves Establishment Of Nigerian Peace Corps / Lagos Donates Land To German Firm Investing $75m In Lagos / Protesters Storm NASS Over Edo $75m Loan Request (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Approves Edo $75m World Bank Loan by j1mmy: 4:04pm On Aug 13, 2015
yes to Ohiomole for his hard work as the presidential attack dog.
half of that money will go to Oshiomole's new runs wife and her 419 parents.

Edo people will not even smell the cash
Re: Senate Approves Edo $75m World Bank Loan by Nobody: 4:10pm On Aug 13, 2015
omisakint:
Other countries are looking for a way to make life easy for the coming generations but here in Nigeria we are laying the foundation for the coming generation to pay off debts they know nothing about

I feel you bro, I always weep when I try to imagine we, our children and children children... servicing/paying the debts
Re: Senate Approves Edo $75m World Bank Loan by Nobody: 4:17pm On Aug 13, 2015
Must we borrow?
Re: Senate Approves Edo $75m World Bank Loan by front247: 4:19pm On Aug 13, 2015
He should be held accounted for every kobo he spends frm dat money
Re: Senate Approves Edo $75m World Bank Loan by victorD3: 4:20pm On Aug 13, 2015
Now Ikonjo Iweala can rest

3 Likes

Re: Senate Approves Edo $75m World Bank Loan by Meiji(m): 4:32pm On Aug 13, 2015
Now that he's gotten what he's always wanted, let's see if he'll keep using his "four-figure table" to calculate how much Okonjo-Iweala stole.

1 Like

Re: Senate Approves Edo $75m World Bank Loan by baralatie(m): 4:41pm On Aug 13, 2015
retirement money
Re: Senate Approves Edo $75m World Bank Loan by BushidoBlue(m): 4:59pm On Aug 13, 2015
At today's exchange rate that is approximately N14,925,000,000:00 Fourteen billion, nine hundred and twenty five million Naira. Una Well done...
We are pyteen kwarupcheeon.
Re: Senate Approves Edo $75m World Bank Loan by PecE2Make: 5:03pm On Aug 13, 2015
When will he pay back? one thing loan another thing is pay back period. Though it is easy to take than to give
Re: Senate Approves Edo $75m World Bank Loan by akigbemaru: 5:05pm On Aug 13, 2015
adam abd lara loans.
Re: Senate Approves Edo $75m World Bank Loan by imagrg(m): 5:11pm On Aug 13, 2015
Politicians are now criminals in power. They are all leading this country to doom! When the country fails, they go abroad to enjoy their loot. The beautiful ones are not yet born!
Re: Senate Approves Edo $75m World Bank Loan by Technocracy: 5:15pm On Aug 13, 2015
Adams Oshiomole has succeeded in mortgaging the future of the Edo people because I wonder how long it will take the state to repay such loan considering the dwindling fortunes of the Nigerian state vis a vis fedral allocation and more so the man has few months in office,strange things really occur in our polity people are blinded by baseless sentiments because he is a party man he is supported to do embark on programmes that will perpetually mortgage the born and the unborn,its so unfortunate that the APC led senate who the tax payers sent their will be a partner in their undoin.

1 Like

Re: Senate Approves Edo $75m World Bank Loan by Nobody: 5:25pm On Aug 13, 2015
I love this change!! sai changi!! senate abeg wen are u approving Aregbese's loan and olorocha's?? Thank God I m not frm Edo state... oya edo pple lets dance.... shakiti bobo shakiti mumus....haha
Re: Senate Approves Edo $75m World Bank Loan by inereunwa1(m): 5:26pm On Aug 13, 2015
now some of that money will go to Lara bank account
Re: Senate Approves Edo $75m World Bank Loan by Olukat(m): 5:33pm On Aug 13, 2015
#75mlara grin grin grin grin Edo people don enter better one chance!
Re: Senate Approves Edo $75m World Bank Loan by bokohalal(m): 5:37pm On Aug 13, 2015
It is apparent that most Nigerians do not know how a World Bank loan works.
Re: Senate Approves Edo $75m World Bank Loan by BankManager(m): 5:39pm On Aug 13, 2015
This 8th NASS may well outdo the 7th assembly in infamy. They converged today to approve Gov.Oshiomhole's loan, and adjourn till September
29th!
Re: Senate Approves Edo $75m World Bank Loan by blackpanda: 5:57pm On Aug 13, 2015
Tenim47:
Warri guys go don dey set 4 action

Warri is in delta. Not edo.
Re: Senate Approves Edo $75m World Bank Loan by blackpanda: 6:00pm On Aug 13, 2015
BankManager:
This 8th NASS may well outdo the 7th assembly in infamy. They converged today to approve Gov.Oshiomhole's loan, and adjourn till September
29th!

I think u are missing the point. The loan is not for oshiomole. Its for the development of edo state. Everyone seems to forget this. Development doesnt happen by magic. And world bank will never grant a second loan if the first one was misappropriated.

If oshiomole steals it, then u can complain. But I doubt that will be possible under buhari's watch.
Re: Senate Approves Edo $75m World Bank Loan by max20ebi: 6:38pm On Aug 13, 2015
blackpanda:

I think u are missing the point. The loan is not for oshiomole. Its for the development of edo state. Everyone seems to forget this. Development doesnt happen by magic. And world bank will never grant a second loan if the first one was misappropriated.

If oshiomole steals it, then u can complain. But I doubt that will be possible under buhari's watch.

Abeg talk another thing. We demand accountability and action. I live in Benin and am yet to see anything reasonable Oshio Baba used the first tranche of credits for. I'm a little bit worried because this Governor is just mortgaging the future of Edo Children. Going by the decay of infrastructural facilities in Benin n Edo STate in general, I dont think the Comrade Governor should be trusted. Probably, they are looking for a way of financing next year election in Edo State.
This is the deplorable state of Ugbor-Amagba Road

2 Likes

Re: Senate Approves Edo $75m World Bank Loan by soropee: 7:24pm On Aug 13, 2015
I am guessing this is one of the reasons he was attacking the last administration and particularly NOI. For goodness sake this loan is too much for a sitting Governor who has just few months to handover to some other person. These men keep mortgaging our future generation
Re: Senate Approves Edo $75m World Bank Loan by pasol4real(m): 7:43pm On Aug 13, 2015
Oya my amiable governor " my people my people"" what are u waiting for go n collect ur own na,at least 200m dollars no bad..

Bastard apc shits plunging the zoo country further into oblivion *spits*

1 Like

Re: Senate Approves Edo $75m World Bank Loan by southernbelle(f): 8:04pm On Aug 13, 2015
angry oshiomole well done

1 Like

Re: Senate Approves Edo $75m World Bank Loan by anwo247: 9:35pm On Aug 13, 2015
sigiyaya:
Osho baba........ your settlement too quickooooooo....... Iara.....Na Godwin grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin
Re: Senate Approves Edo $75m World Bank Loan by blackpanda: 4:17am On Aug 14, 2015
max20ebi:

Abeg talk another thing. We demand accountability and action. I live in Benin and am yet to see anything reasonable Oshio Baba used the first tranche of credits for. I'm a little bit worried because this Governor is just mortgaging the future of Edo Children. Going by the decay of infrastructural facilities in Benin n Edo STate in general, I dont think the Comrade Governor should be trusted. Probably, they are looking for a way of financing next year election in Edo State.

So if edo is denied the loan, how do you expect the road to be fixed?? Magic wand?

Its your right to demand accountability. But things dont happen by magic. Every facility must be paid for. There is a cost for development.
Re: Senate Approves Edo $75m World Bank Loan by Billygee2u: 5:16am On Aug 14, 2015
Paschal001:
No p, as far as he makes good use of it.. .. and pays back in due time. .. .
who will pay back the loan when his time as Edo governor is limited?
this the same tactics Amechi the traitor and looter used while living office.
if all politicians are like Nigerian politicians,I am afraid,no politician shall make heaven.
Oshimole trying to loot in order to please his grand daughter wife.
Oshimole, you have failed Nigerians that gave you support to become Edo state governor.
Re: Senate Approves Edo $75m World Bank Loan by Billygee2u: 5:19am On Aug 14, 2015
max20ebi:

Oshimole have failed people that once supported him.
now I know that all politicians are the same.
Re: Senate Approves Edo $75m World Bank Loan by nzeobi(m): 7:07am On Aug 14, 2015
Paschal001:
No p, as far as he makes good use of it.. .. and pays back in due time. .. .
Where will he see the money to pack back
Re: Senate Approves Edo $75m World Bank Loan by hoebamaa(m): 7:37am On Aug 14, 2015
Hmm..I smell looting
Re: Senate Approves Edo $75m World Bank Loan by Chiaka(f): 8:47am On Aug 14, 2015
mayorkyzo:
How can oshiomole be taking such a huge loan with less than a year to the end of his tenure..looting strategy I must say...

Compensation for sponsoring APC.............recovery strategy!
Re: Senate Approves Edo $75m World Bank Loan by Nigerd(m): 9:30am On Aug 14, 2015
j1mmy:
yes to Ohiomole for his hard work as the presidential attack dog.
half of that money will go to Oshiomole's new runs wife and her 419 parents.

Edo people will not even smell the cash

u spoke my mind..

Omojaifoh Ekpoma 5% the wailers
Re: Senate Approves Edo $75m World Bank Loan by mayorkyzo: 9:30am On Aug 14, 2015
Chiaka:

Compensation for sponsoring APC.............recovery strategy!
so so true

3 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President Buhari Reinstates 3 Suspended Permanent Secretaries / FAAC Shares ₦581.566 Billion February Revenue / Ohanaeze: APC Congratulates Professor Obiozor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.