Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,031 members, 7,818,046 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

Official Press Statement By Former Governor Raji Fashola On Website Allegations - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Official Press Statement By Former Governor Raji Fashola On Website Allegations (34817 Views)

Raji Fashola Visits Governor Fayose (Photos) / Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) / Babatunde Raji Fashola Trends On Twitter Worldwide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Press Statement By Former Governor Raji Fashola On Website Allegations by ibedun: 8:49pm On Aug 13, 2015
Biafra bastards all over the place!!!!

1 Like

Re: Official Press Statement By Former Governor Raji Fashola On Website Allegations by musicwriter(m): 8:49pm On Aug 13, 2015
While that amount is huge for any type of website unless Google.com, but I can confirm the governor truly did use the website to interact with Lagosians. I once contacted the Lagos state government with some proposal and got a reply from the quoted gmail account. Unfortunately, I thought it wasn't the governor replying and so couldn't follow it up. Now, I know.

I still have his reply.

But, then, Fashola may have just been a victim to greedy web developers. My junior brother can do everything he listed there with less than N4 million, and he will deliver a far better job.

2 Likes

Re: Official Press Statement By Former Governor Raji Fashola On Website Allegations by Nobody: 8:51pm On Aug 13, 2015
http://www.topcelebritiesng.com/why-gov-ambode-fired-nike-animashaun/

The Lady behind the contract rumored to be Fashole's girlfriend .

Why Gov. Ambode Fired Nike Animashaun

That Mrs. Nike Animashaun, Permanent Secretary, Lagos State Ministry of Science and Technology was fired recently is stale news. Be that as it may, we can tell you for free why the dazzling society lady was sent packing from her position.

Insiders at the ministry squealed to us that Nike’s cup has been full for years but former Governor, Babatunde Fashola did not just have the guts to sack her and they cannot just explain why the former governor was afraid to do the needful.

That’s not all, the insiders revealed that Nike was allegedly involved in a computer deal worth billions of naira which she claimed were supplied to the ministry, yet the ministry store keeper said that he did not receive one computer talkless of computers valued at billions of naira. We were told that while she was at the ministry, workers dare not cross her path as she has the final say in any payment at the ministry.

Our source added that even the commissioner for Science and Technology who is supposed to be her boss cannot control her because she had a one-on-one relationship with former Governor Fashola. We gathered that when Governor Akinwunmi Ambode came in and saw the rot in the ministry and the scandalous computer deal, he dared the lioness of Science and Technology Ministry and sent her crashing down from her high horse.

Those in the know said even her husband; Mr. Bankole Animashaun has eloped with another lady when he could no longer control his wife at home.
Re: Official Press Statement By Former Governor Raji Fashola On Website Allegations by dammytosh: 8:51pm On Aug 13, 2015
i have said it.

These APC guys in SOUTH WEST are the smartest thieves you can think of.

Calculated response from Fashola. No court can indict him on this particular one.

Software and other intellectual work can not be prized. Infact another Company will quote much more than that and still collect less than 10Million officially.

Chaiiii There is God

I pray Lagos State witness the type of change that happened in Abuja for the good of the masses.

I now respect Oshiomole. He is the only trusted Governor and could stand up against Okonjo on allegation of corruption.

No wonder Uncle Fash kept quiet. He corrupt small too.
Re: Official Press Statement By Former Governor Raji Fashola On Website Allegations by hadura29(m): 8:53pm On Aug 13, 2015
beebee24:
cool i will marry dis man one day

Why?
Re: Official Press Statement By Former Governor Raji Fashola On Website Allegations by Image123(m): 8:54pm On Aug 13, 2015
Fashola, i like you small, but you've not said much. 12million is high for a website upgrade anywhere anyday, abi Seun?
Even after that, there's 66million naira for mobile apps? Where's the app?
When you say Lagos state procurement gave a No Objection based on advice, sorry that's bad advice and passing the buck. Like Stella saying do the needful.

1 Like

Re: Official Press Statement By Former Governor Raji Fashola On Website Allegations by obailala(m): 8:56pm On Aug 13, 2015
ayindejimmy:

What's your definition of robust?
4 pages is not robust enough..
Some politicians won't even bother to give any clarification.
He has clarified the issue... But you still want robust
By robust, I mean 'convincing.'
Re: Official Press Statement By Former Governor Raji Fashola On Website Allegations by Nobody: 8:57pm On Aug 13, 2015
Even if the facts as presented by the learned Silk (BRF) are taken as correct, there seems to be no way to justify 78 sacred million of our hard earned money on a website! whether built from scratch, upgraded or re-branded. It is not just reasonable, no it is not.

We need to review the process leading to the award of the contract, for instance, was tender for 78 million the most feasible of all tenders submitted having regards to the parameter set by the States' Procurement Law? 

Again why have the website in the name of the governor? What happened to his office, what happened to www.governoroflagos.com

How did the Procurement department refuse to object to an obviously unreasonable estimate for  maintaining /upgrading a website?

In all I think BRF just told us that he played by the rules even if he used it for absurd purposes. Classic lawyer! Don't break the rules just bend it! 

Much like the difference between Legal Positivism and Natural Law in Jurisprudence. 

If you get the last paragraph, hit like

3 Likes

Re: Official Press Statement By Former Governor Raji Fashola On Website Allegations by aresa: 8:57pm On Aug 13, 2015
gagewonda:
wat he's also doing is a press statement too so d bolded is a shot at himself also because dis press statement of his is still nt enough evidence to make him not guilty

Reading and comprehension failed you.

The governor basically said if you are really sure about your case, meet him in a court of law instead of spewing rubbish without facts on the internet...

That was a challenged so you and your type should just man up and do the needful by heading to court instead of your boring internet ramblings...

1 Like

Re: Official Press Statement By Former Governor Raji Fashola On Website Allegations by GboGboAye: 9:00pm On Aug 13, 2015
LMAO!!
i love the first sentence.
Oooooh Fashola, you are too awesome (or 'humsome' as the ibos would say wink )
Re: Official Press Statement By Former Governor Raji Fashola On Website Allegations by Nobody: 9:03pm On Aug 13, 2015
Re: Official Press Statement By Former Governor Raji Fashola On Website Allegations by Omotayor123(f): 9:04pm On Aug 13, 2015
smada13:
hmmmm
wat a reply....I love this....any objection please?
Did you expect less from a SAN
Re: Official Press Statement By Former Governor Raji Fashola On Website Allegations by aresa: 9:05pm On Aug 13, 2015
tolusan:
Even if the facts as presented by the learned Silk (BRF) are taken as correct, there seems to be no way to justify 78 sacred million of our hard earned money on a website! whether built from scratch, upgraded or re-branded. It is not just reasonable, no it is not.

We need to review the process leading to the award of the contract, for instance, was tender for 78 million the most feasible of all tenders submitted having regards to the parameter set by the States' Procurement Law? 

Again why have the website in the name of the governor? What happened to his office, what happened to www.governoroflagos.com

How did the Procurement department refuse to object to an obviously unreasonable estimate for  maintaining /upgrading a website?

In all I think BRF just told us that he played by the rules even if he used it for absurd purposes. Classic lawyer! Don't break the rules just bend it! 

Much like the difference between Legal Positivism and Natural Law in Jurisprudence. 

If you get the last paragraph, hit like

How exactly did you arrived at what's reasonable and unreasonable.?

Please explain to us step by step how and what they charge to upload and maintain thousands of photos, videos and speeches on multiple websites and media platforms for life is a bargain to me.

Please give us a break down...

N78 million to upload and maintain thousands of photos, videos and speeches on multiple websites and media platforms for life is a bargain to me.
Re: Official Press Statement By Former Governor Raji Fashola On Website Allegations by Wasquad(m): 9:05pm On Aug 13, 2015
Baseless!!!.... Damn... in dis sane age?

1 Like

Re: Official Press Statement By Former Governor Raji Fashola On Website Allegations by GboGboAye: 9:11pm On Aug 13, 2015
jerseyboy:
http://www.topcelebritiesng.com/why-gov-ambode-fired-nike-animashaun/

The Lady behind the contract rumored to be Fashole's girlfriend .

Why Gov. Ambode Fired Nike Animashaun

That Mrs. Nike Animashaun, Permanent Secretary, Lagos State Ministry of Science and Technology was fired recently is stale news. Be that as it may, we can tell you for free why the dazzling society lady was sent packing from her position......he dared the lioness of Science and Technology Ministry and sent her crashing down from her high horse.

Those in the know said even her husband; Mr. Bankole Animashaun has eloped with another lady when he could no longer control his wife at home.

OH my GOSH!! would you guys stop already?
Can't you see tat these are cheap attempts at getting attention and spoiling somebody's name?
Re: Official Press Statement By Former Governor Raji Fashola On Website Allegations by obailala(m): 9:12pm On Aug 13, 2015
Ahmeduana:

AM SO SORRY, I NEVER KNEW THAT YOU ARE AN OBJECTIVE PERSON!
I have no idea what you are talking about... I am passionate about seeing a better Nigeria and I know there's a time for jokes and a time to be be serious.
Re: Official Press Statement By Former Governor Raji Fashola On Website Allegations by vhykeeytor(m): 9:13pm On Aug 13, 2015
We are Agents of Change - Muhammadu Buhari

These Agents of Hate - Babatunde Fashola.

APC who Una be?
Re: Official Press Statement By Former Governor Raji Fashola On Website Allegations by Ahmeduana(m): 9:23pm On Aug 13, 2015
obailala:
I have no idea what you are talking about... I am passionate about seeing a better Nigeria and I know there's a time for jokes and a time to be be serious.
IT WAS A POST ABOUT GHANA TAKEN OVER OR NOT TAKEN OVER NIGERIA AIRSPACE!
Re: Official Press Statement By Former Governor Raji Fashola On Website Allegations by Nobody: 9:24pm On Aug 13, 2015
Lawyers are lairs
Re: Official Press Statement By Former Governor Raji Fashola On Website Allegations by monex(m): 9:29pm On Aug 13, 2015
ibedun:

Go duck yourself and your fellow biafraudians. Lagosians are not complaining.

he could be a Lagosian if he pays his tax to lagos state. if so, he has a right to demand accountability. much as I think Fashola was the best governor in Nigeria in the last dispensation and that the money we are talking about is really quite small, i fear that his response is an appeal to sentiments rather than reason.

I also fear that our tribal dispositions from both sides (inclusding your post above) will never allow for objective critical evaluation of public servants. Everyone defends his tribe.

2 Likes

Re: Official Press Statement By Former Governor Raji Fashola On Website Allegations by Nobody: 9:29pm On Aug 13, 2015
aresa:

How exactly did you arrived at what's reasonable and unreasonable.?

Please explain to us step by step how and what they charge to upload and maintain thousands of photos, videos and speeches on multiple websites and media platforms for life is a bargain to me.

Please give us a break down...

N78 million to upload and maintain thousands of photos, videos and speeches on multiple websites and media platforms for life is a bargain to me.

I must admit that I'm not at the moment able to provide a breakdown of the cost implications of the entire project, however from my little knowledge of IT and related stuff. A standard website with all the videos and speeches et al ought not to exceed 20 million and that is a generous estimate in my view. 

Even if I'm a novice, it doesn't just sit well in my thinking that a website detailing the governors activities alone (recall that the Lagos State Government maintains it's own website already) will gulp 78m!

Again I have read thru the press release again, the duration of the contract is nowhere indicated so I'm at a loss as to how you stated that it is FOR LIFE, even this is untenable, if true. Never heard of a contract in perpetuity before.

I'm curious again on why the website is in his name. The question is now that he's no longer governor how will the website, in its present state,be beneficial to the incumbent? In my judgment, it does not accord with common sense to use public funds to build a government website in your own name. 

No doubt he appears to have followed the rules on this one, so in law it may be hard to nail him,if at all.

3 Likes

Re: Official Press Statement By Former Governor Raji Fashola On Website Allegations by neocortex: 9:30pm On Aug 13, 2015
smada13:
hmmmm

wat a reply....I love this....any objection please?

Any objection that he stole 78 million naira to upgrade a website ,
Do you know the gravity of this allegation ?

Learn to respond objectively to issues.

1 Like

Re: Official Press Statement By Former Governor Raji Fashola On Website Allegations by gagewonda(m): 9:36pm On Aug 13, 2015
aresa:

Reading and comprehension failed you.

The governor basically said if you are really sure about your case, meet him in a court of law instead of spewing rubbish without facts on the internet...

That was a challenged so you and your type should just man up and do the needful by heading to court instead of your boring internet ramblings...
lolz naaah rather reading nd comprehension failed u bro. Take a critical look at dat line he made, it doesn't make much sense

2 Likes

Re: Official Press Statement By Former Governor Raji Fashola On Website Allegations by Raymonbell(m): 9:42pm On Aug 13, 2015
I won't like to join the train of bigot as far as this topic is concern.

Oga Seun can you please educate us on the cost of building and running this type of website as well as designing app across platform and compare it to what is spent by state government.

Your respond will be very much appreciated.

Then I will make my submission.

1 Like

Re: Official Press Statement By Former Governor Raji Fashola On Website Allegations by nigerianvenom(m): 9:43pm On Aug 13, 2015
This same thief went about insulting gej,God will reward all of u,time never reach

2 Likes

Re: Official Press Statement By Former Governor Raji Fashola On Website Allegations by Validated: 9:59pm On Aug 13, 2015
Ambode, please contact me to perform a VFM audit for you. Not this rhetoric of a response. This is a clear fraud. Mud or no mud, someone is lieing
Re: Official Press Statement By Former Governor Raji Fashola On Website Allegations by aresa: 10:01pm On Aug 13, 2015
[s]
gagewonda:
lolz naaah rather reading nd comprehension failed u bro. Take a critical look at dat line he made, it doesn't make much sense
[/s]

...Of what relevance is your unintelligent understanding and regurgitation?

Accusers shouldn't be scared to take their case to court if they are really sure about their case.

Or you and your type are too scared to go to court with your rubbish like the man just demanded?

For now like the governor said, he moved on, at lease till you cowards are man enough to take your rubbish to the court of law....

Get lost if you have nothing better to say...
Re: Official Press Statement By Former Governor Raji Fashola On Website Allegations by Nobody: 10:04pm On Aug 13, 2015
ibedun:

Osu, until you waka go back to Igboland your Biafra god hand no dey for Yorubaland.
Olukwu, how those nairaland forum become your idol nor your enchantment oloburuku yorubaland?

Just delete your thread on my links or you may regreat yourself***
Re: Official Press Statement By Former Governor Raji Fashola On Website Allegations by gagewonda(m): 10:06pm On Aug 13, 2015
aresa:
[s][/s]

...Of what relevance is your unintelligent understanding and regurgitation?

Accusers shouldn't be scared to take their case to court if they are really sure about their case.

Or you and your type are too scared to go to court with your rubbish like the man just demanded?

For now like the governor said, he moved on, at lease till you cowards are man enough to take your rubbish to the court of law....

Get lost if you have nothing better to say...

u r just pained. Im matured enough not to disrepect pples views on social media fora by insulting. So I will free u take ur rudeness some else. Final verdict baba fash 78m contract failed value for money audit wen all d roads in lagos spoils my shock absorber despite d huge IGR dats hw dey allocate d money? On one crap low quality website? Smh

2 Likes

Re: Official Press Statement By Former Governor Raji Fashola On Website Allegations by Vacora(m): 10:07pm On Aug 13, 2015
And they are here....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

African Footballer Of The Year Award - Mikel & Iheanacho Out Of List / Weapons Recovered As Troops Neutralize Boko Haram Terrorists In Lake Chad.Photos / How Fayose Lost Ekiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.