Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,372 members, 7,819,338 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

An Open Letter To FASHOLA On Website Scandal - Inglishteechar - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Open Letter To FASHOLA On Website Scandal - Inglishteechar (843 Views)

Senator Danjuma Goje To Fashola: Resign If The Work Is Overwhelming / Reno Omokri Reacts To Fashola's Sleeping Photo That Went Viral / Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Open Letter To FASHOLA On Website Scandal - Inglishteechar by InglishTeechar(m): 10:34pm On Aug 13, 2015
This is an open letter to the former Governor of Lagos State, Babatunde Raji FASHOLA.

Dear Sir,

I have waited for your response on the alleged scandal of the absurd amount in awarding a contract worth 78 million naira of tax payers money for the 'upgrade' of a website bearing your name www.tundefashola.com and not that of the Lagos State Government, when the news broke I thought it was just one of those rumors we read online but first came the defence of the company awarded the contract stating that they only collected less than 10 million naira, then came your official statement confirming that the contract was indeed awarded for 78 million naira.

Please sir, did you or your staff make any inquiry with professionals before awarding such contracts? Because if you did you will know that the said amount is totally unacceptable.

Firstly, the contractor claimed the website can be accorded the same value as that of Facebook and Twitter, but sir, Facebook and Twitter were built on a robost social media platform having millions of daily users and are commercial entities, your website is nothing close and can be downloaded for less than 500 USD as a template from eighter WordPress or Joomla.

Secondly, you claimed in your official open letter that the reason why the said website cost so much was because of the integration of mobile apps, sir, please google 'convert website to mobile app' and you will realize that it would have cost the Lagos State Government less than 1000 USD of tax payers money to get an app for all the popular platforms for the website.

Sir, ignorance is not an excuse, you should have consulted with professionals before embarking on this image shattering journey.

Yours truly,

Inglishteechar
With love from Nairaland.

Cc Barcanista Lalasticlala Ishilove
Re: An Open Letter To FASHOLA On Website Scandal - Inglishteechar by ladyF(f): 10:35pm On Aug 13, 2015
Oga Fash go see sometin, make una no vex, he will refund the money. grin
Re: An Open Letter To FASHOLA On Website Scandal - Inglishteechar by Nobody: 10:36pm On Aug 13, 2015
ladyF no try me o. Oya come down make i go up
Re: An Open Letter To FASHOLA On Website Scandal - Inglishteechar by Firefire(m): 10:37pm On Aug 13, 2015
You see...

Cc: Lalasticlala
Re: An Open Letter To FASHOLA On Website Scandal - Inglishteechar by temitemi1(m): 10:40pm On Aug 13, 2015
tundefashola.com gate grin
Re: An Open Letter To FASHOLA On Website Scandal - Inglishteechar by vikyno(m): 10:43pm On Aug 13, 2015
Some dumbo will still come here to defend Fashola when he couldn't do that himself .
Re: An Open Letter To FASHOLA On Website Scandal - Inglishteechar by 0luwatope(m): 10:45pm On Aug 13, 2015
while you keep fighting for ftc... Lemme relax and enjoy the comments
Re: An Open Letter To FASHOLA On Website Scandal - Inglishteechar by Nobody: 10:48pm On Aug 13, 2015
@OP You have spoken well. Kudos to Gov Ambode for making this known!

My position remains that Fashola should explain himself to the judge. In orther words, he should be prosecuted!
Re: An Open Letter To FASHOLA On Website Scandal - Inglishteechar by mandarin: 11:41pm On Aug 13, 2015
@Barcanista, you can be the judge. Your best bet was GEJ and you can see the whole world is getting sick of how PDP maimed Nigeria and GEJ buried it!
You should take the case to court and prove with strong evidence.Did the website achieve what it was meant to achieve? Honestly, many of you guys feel Fashola should be crucified for doing his best in Lagos and as a tax payer in this state if users of the,website claimed it helped them in reaching the government I don't know why that should be a headache to anyone. Even if there was the mistake of cost, it doesn't make the governor culpable.
We were all aware of the Boko Haram negotiation scam, would you wholly blame GEJ, common, lets be realistic. If Panadol cannot cure your BRF headache, please seek redress in court. These days, this forum has been reduced to a clown parlor, its intellectual usefulness continue to dwindle.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To FASHOLA On Website Scandal - Inglishteechar by Wasquad(m): 7:16am On Aug 14, 2015
Have said it... it defense is baseless.. thanks Barca!!
Re: An Open Letter To FASHOLA On Website Scandal - Inglishteechar by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:19am On Aug 14, 2015
Go to court and stop crying...
Re: An Open Letter To FASHOLA On Website Scandal - Inglishteechar by Ddonoflife(m): 7:21am On Aug 14, 2015
Hmmh
Re: An Open Letter To FASHOLA On Website Scandal - Inglishteechar by TIMEISWISDOM(m): 1:38pm On Aug 14, 2015
mandarin:
@Barcanista, you can be the judge. Your best bet was GEJ and you can see the whole world is getting sick of how PDP maimed Nigeria and GEJ buried it!
You should take the case to court and prove with strong evidence.Did the website achieve what it was meant to achieve? Honestly, many of you guys feel Fashola should be crucified for doing his best in Lagos and as a tax payer in this state if users of the,website claimed it helped them in reaching the government I don't know why that should be a headache to anyone. Even if there was the mistake of cost, it doesn't make the governor culpable.
We were all aware of the Boko Haram negotiation scam, would you wholly blame GEJ, common, lets be realistic. If Panadol cannot cure your BRF headache, please seek redress in court. These days, this forum has been reduced to a clown parlor, its intellectual usefulness continue to dwindle.
wetin concern Jonathan and this matter abi wanking no de tire you tongue grin

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To FASHOLA On Website Scandal - Inglishteechar by argon500: 1:48pm On Aug 14, 2015
@ op, listen to yourself.. A website build for 10million naira?? I don't even think Facebook page cost up to that..

Stop the hatred and get something doing before it is too late
Re: An Open Letter To FASHOLA On Website Scandal - Inglishteechar by Whynotthetruth(m): 1:58pm On Aug 14, 2015
anomini come and show them your guy fashola the best of change agents...cheesy
Re: An Open Letter To FASHOLA On Website Scandal - Inglishteechar by MizMyColi(f): 2:33pm On Aug 14, 2015
Distorting the truth is an ill wind that blows no one no good.

Like many before his, this scam perpetrated on Lagosians, Lagos and Her collective wealth may go unpunished, but will never go unnoticed by posterity.

It doesn't all begin and end in a law court.

Fashola's response to this allegation was so tardy. It clearly shows that more scams have been perpetrated in the name of governance while the media sang his praises to high heavens.

Fashola's deeds, Tinubu's misdeeds, and whoever else is complicit, will be revealed in due time, then they will realize that it is sometimes better to be sentenced in a law court silently, than being sentenced in a court of public opinion loudly with an ensuing heated social disapproval.

I have never identified with the term "wailers" but today, I wail, and proudly so, because I believe that a people-centric democracy will be birthed in our time.

My name is MizMyColi - I stand for Mercy, Truth and Justice.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To FASHOLA On Website Scandal - Inglishteechar by saint047(m): 3:16pm On Aug 14, 2015
Fashola spent a whooping 268.5M to grade this road in Alimosho

He is the biggest Rogue to grace our democracy

Re: An Open Letter To FASHOLA On Website Scandal - Inglishteechar by socialmediaman: 3:28pm On Aug 14, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Goes After Jonathan’s Men For Fg’s Looted Assets / 150 Drown, Shot Fleeing Boko Haram Attack In NE Nigeria-AFP / We Don’t Need Federal Might To Sack Fayose – Ex-speaker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.